Question

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Question

Postby KyraKitesong » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:40 am

I Have A question that i think not just anybody can answer but then again i dont know.
i was wondering if a large amount of outcomes of a pet is deleted. can their rarity change from like uncommon to rare. and etc:
KyraKitesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Question

Postby Sleeping With Issues » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:41 am

Pets rarity can change over time it just depends how many of the pet are in circulation at the time.

▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║
▒║

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
─────────────────────────────────
Hi! I'm Sleeping With Issues but you can call me Issues or Bell.
My messages are always open so shoot me a pm if you'd like to talk.
I like multiple bands usually ranging from punk rock to screamo.
//[url=http://www.felisfire.com/user?i=27383♩[/url]//♪//♭//♬ // [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695745]©[/url]

║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒
║▒

Sleeping With Issues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 am

In theory mass deletion would change the rarity of a pet. However, since there are thousands and thousands of most pets, one would have to delete a truly outrageous number to make any tangible difference in the rarity.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyraKitesong » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am

so even if hundreds of an outcome were deleted its rarity might not change anything any time soon?
KyraKitesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:59 am

Correct, just because of the sheer number of any given outcome that exists. There are A LOT of pets adopted each month on CS.

There's a project some users are doing to see if they can change the rarity via deletion. They have already deleted 100s with no change. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3454317

In theory someday the rarity will change, but they will be deleting pets for a very very long time.

However, as mentioned by someone else on this thread, rarities change naturally overtime. As more members who don't own the pet join, and older members who do have it become inactive, it becomes more rare. This occurs very gradually over a long period of time though.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:04 am

Lord Of The Ravens wrote:so even if hundreds of an outcome were deleted its rarity might not change anything any time soon?

Hundreds? Nope, it won't change the rarity unless the pet is about to go up in rarity anyway.

The thread that I usually link to is this one; it's a pretty old thread but I think it's fun to read through :) There are some numbers in the last few pages that show that depending on what pet you pick, you could potentially delete thousands of pets and still not make a noticeable difference in rarity (although depending on the pet, deleting thousands of a pet would still, indeed, change its rarity significantly; it's just that... you won't be able to tell LOL and "significantly" still probably wouldn't be that big)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 am

Basically, you'd need many times more pets that exist on the CS World Records. You'd need to be more dedicated than the people in that thread AND delete all the pets when you're done gathering them all.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me