Discussion about Re-release system. Why just rares?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Discussion about Re-release system. Why just rares?

Postby Lufi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:47 am

Hello friends... welcome to my discussion about Re-release system.

I just thought about it and I'm asking. do you think that it's set correctly?
I will try to explain it to make all understand... sorry to all... my english isn't perfect

well... just look... every year is on CS re-released event... everyone can get rare pets and more... but... isn't this more problem?
I understand that admins want to keep old pets in circulation... and it's okay... why not... but I feel like then rare pets lost their rarity... i think that we should to get also uncommons... not jast rare + but at least also uncommons and older commons...
cause we just now getting only rares... it mean that some rare pets can be more common like some older uncommon/common pets... and I as hoarder can see that very easly.

For example I don't have much problem to find older rare hoard pets ... like from 2009, 2010 or 2011 and other... cause there is tooo many of them as re-released... but then i have much bigger problem to find some older just common/uncommon pets (and they are from 2012 too) and why? Because uncommon pets are never re-released... it mean that find some original common/uncommon pets can be soon much more rare than find some rares.

I hope that you understand what I mean... I'm really bad in explanation in english.

Also... some players can lost that fun to wait what they get from their re-released pet.
For example... someone get newborn dog which has 3 outcomes - 2 are uncommon and one is rare. Now these person know that he got that rare and lost all that fun and hoping about waiting what they can get cause he exactly know into which otcome his pet will grow.
Also I would really like to see some old uncommons in their 2nd stages again.

I remember that back in time we could get uncommon pet... but then it was deleted. Why? I understand that you want to make all happy about rare... but i feel like it's not so big fun anymore when you know what you get.
When you get some main list newborn (for example moon or sun dog) you don't know what outcome you can get and everyone really enjoy this waiting and more ... but about others newborns where is just one rare... you lost this...

well I speak really too much... so what I would to wish to be changed on re-released event...
I really dream/want/wish (anything) to give also uncommon (at least) pets back to circulation in this re-released event too... isn't need to give them back for every newborns which had some rare outcome (like 2014+ pets)... but at least for old pets (ex: pets under year 2012)

And what do you think about it?

I will absolutely understand if you won't agreed with that.
It's just my opinion and how I feel about it.

PS: sorry to all if you had problem to read that... english isn't my 1st language
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Discussion about Re-release system. Why just rares?

Postby Aliria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:57 am

If uncommons are available, then less total rares are released (unless you increase the number of pets each player gets, but that causes more problems), which means less rares go back into circulation. The uncommons that aren't rereleased slowly become rarer, and eventually will turn into rares and get rereleased.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Been there. Done that. It was miserable and with so many sad users on Christmas, it's not something I'd want to see repeated ever again.
No thank you.

And excuse me for being blunt, but of course getting more rares means nothing to you. You're asking for this.... just to see newborn and growing stages of uncommons? That's really cold-hearted to say that because you don't need or want rares, no one else should get them them either.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Oh thank you for the link... I will check and read that... I really not remember that was commons in re-released... I thought that just uncommons was there one time... also post is from 2011 so I understand that uncommons/commons in that time wasnt much big fun from the box... but maybe that some old uncommons (like 2009-2010) could make someone happy today

but when you say it like that... i understand what you mean and see that point...
of course that I not want to make anyone sad... i don't wanted say that I not need rares from the box or anyone else... I just thought that it could be more fun for non-list pets... nothing else :)

like... when you adopt main list... you dont know what it is and I see how are members pleasure from waiting what they get :)
The most I can see that on RBM horse where members put every day items on their horse with hoping that it will grow into another color :)

but for other litters which have just one rare (for example 2010 pets) members can't enjoy this waiting and hoping and anything else cause they really know what they get... it's what I mainly meaned in my post :)
I understand that it could sound little differently... I'm really bad in explanation

And that I would like to see some old uncommons grow again I told only cause some 2nd stage of these pets are really beautifull ^^'
and I remember how members really loved some of their growing stages :)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 pm

There's always been non main list pets though. What have you been getting each year? I think I've gotten one main list the whole time I've been here. The rest all rather common rares.
You can just look through some of the old posts.

Here's what the three people in my household got last year. None of them main list, most not really tradable for anything good.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:02 pm

One sec, let me see if I understood you correctly. You're proposing that Nick just add the uncommons from 2008 through some other old year (2010, 2011, etc) into the rerelease, right?

Maybe it's because I'm not an active trader (could also be because I don't have access to the pet data like the admins do lolol), but I don't see much problem with that. Sure, they're technically less rare than, say, the 2013 event rares, but circulation-wise I've always been under the impression that it's harder to find the 2009/2010 uncommons than 2013+ event rares.

Maybe it's partly because we just see the people who post on the forums regularly and we're not seeing the many(? probably) users who rarely touch the forums. Could also be because we're way more likely to find a user with duplicate 2009 (for example) pets if the user joined in 2009 rather than 2010+ since 2009 users could directly adopt the 2009 pets while 2010+ users have to trade for them, and you kinda have to hunt for active 2009 forum posters if you're not ringing up the big 2008/2009 names.

As I am not an admin, I have to wonder what the pet rerelease process is like and what they have to take into consideration. Of course they'll have to look at all CS users and not just the active forum posters. But I wonder if maybe there'd be backlash either in the economy or in the userbase if they added some of the older uncommons at a low rate (not like what happened in 2011--clearly the rates were meant to keep the rares rarer than uncommons, but now? Only rares are being resupplied now. What if uncommons were also resupplied but at a low rate rather than the Dec 18, 2011 rate?)

idk

edited three times
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 pm

@Shian
Of course that I not get list pets every year :) just one time I had lucky with red tox which i keep until today as my little lucky relic
but usually I getting some "common" rares too... I do not mind it (most of them was pets which I like)... but I remember that for example this last re-released I got some BW from 2010 which have 2 uncommons and one rare... so i really knew that i will get rare... and I would be really curious if I would had luck with that outcome if other would grew too :)
and i think that I had some dogs with uncommons outcomes in litter too... so I again knew that i will really get that one rare outcome... so not any suprise or hoping or how it say :)

I remembered on that today and it's basically how I got idea about this post... well... it was really bad idea... I not thought about it so detailed... but as I read your old post and other reactions I really understand that it make members sad when they wait whole year and then they get common/unc.

I only thought on that "waiting enjoying" ... to see how member cant wait to see what they will get and into which outcome that pet will grow... I'm really sorry if my 1st post is rude or anything like that... i really not meant it like that :)

@nickjr
Yeah I mean something like that :) Adding just some of old uncommons too (well not commons, but only uncommons)... like 2008, 2009 and 2010 max... not newest... it could to make some members more happy to get for example 2009 uncommon than 2014 rare (which even isnt fair for that uncommon)

I'm really sorry for my bad explain in the 1st post... you know... I really try to my best but I probably will never so good in english ^^'
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:14 pm

I could see it working if there were two re-release boxes, a rare + one and an uncommon & under one, but I don't think it's a good idea to mix uncommons & under into the normal big box as people could end up with only uncommons & under.

The Dec 18 re-release is most newer users best chance of getting rarer pets without having to buy C$, I think it would be rather sad to limit that. As it is every year I see lots of people getting disappointed because they only got fairly recent rares while others got multiple lists/high demand rares and I remember how much more disappointed people were when uncommons were released as well. Dec 18 should be a fun day, not a disappointing one. Sure not everyone can get a list pet but they can at least get a rare.

As far as finding it hard to find older uncommons & commons I think that is probably due to the low value currently placed on anything under rare so people are locking away older uncommons they like & just waiting for them to eventually go rare. When I started trading rares used to be valued at 2 uncommons of the same age, now that a lot of people don't want anything below rare they are considered to be worth 4 uncommons, and I know I for one have a lot of spare uncommons locked away simply because I like them to much to trade them away at such a low value (:

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I think the re-release should stay as rare+ pets. Not to be rude, but if you would rather have older uncommons and below, there are many users more than happy to trade you them for your rares.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Aside from the problems presented with the amount of disappointment it would cause, there's also the fact to consider that the only reason these pets are still uncommon and haven't changed to rare is because there's enough of them on active accounts. In that way it's kind of self-regulating: when there aren't enough of them any more, they'll turn rare and will be added to the 18th box in their turn.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]