[SUGGESTION] Default trading options

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

[SUGGESTION] Default trading options

Postby Limuna » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi.
I just happen to deal with some other user who sent me a trade request because she saw my pets in my CS adoptables garden. I'll pass on the RULES aspect of this situation, I dealt with this by myself, but this "adventure" lead me to this :

1) I learned that by default all my groups where tradable though I thought it wasn't the case.

2) I'd like to point out that newbies (I think I'm still one here) won't always get how everything works on the site. I had seen the options but I didn't understand that it was ENABLED by DEFAULT.

I suggest that the groups, when created, ask for the trading option to make people think about it and set it right away OR, set by default that trades are DESABLED.

When I received the message it frightened me a lot : I thought I had sent one of my pets to someone without rememebering of it. I made some trades yesterday and I didn't know if it was related.
I had to read the message a few times before I got that the user had certainly seen my pet in my garden, had checked for trade options in my group (which I hadn't switched becaused to me it was obvious trades were desabled on it) and seeing she could send a request she did it.

Though she didn't read/rememeber the gardens rules (if I'm not wrong) I can't blame her because I SHOULD HAVE checked etc. etc. but I think I'm not the only one who got in this situation at the beginning.

EDIT : I spoke with that user and she told me she didn't get into my garden. Just to say that. But the problem remains that the options, in my opinion, are not quite easy for newbies. I think it's more logical to disable by default since groups are made to ORGANIZE pets. If we want to trade we will make a special group and set it to accept trades.
But I may be wrong ? XD
Missing
Image Image
Willing to swap
Image for Image
Trading
Regular Trades • • • Event Trades • • • Current Month Swaps • • • Last Month Swaps

Time on Chicken Smoothie
Limuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [SUGGESTION] Default trading options

Postby Shian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 am

What about the other end of the spectrum?

Not all of us are newbies and actually read the messages. Not all of us are rude and try to give you 2nd gens for every July you have. I've sent blind trades before and the other user was either perfectly happy to negotiate or sent me good luck in the reject message.

You're right though, enabling or disabling trade options is something users should know about as it's not all that intuitive if you have not read the announcement.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Limuna » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 am

Thank you for answering. ^^
Well, I'm not sure I get all what you said but I think I have to be clear on what is the problem I'm speaking about.

I'm not speaking about the fact I received a random trade request and that it bothered me.
Actually I was afraid because I'm not used yet to the game. I can't really say she bothered me : I looked at her request and if she had asked for a tradable pet I would have been happy to trade with her.

No, the problem is the fact that, to me, the automatically trade enabling on making groups isn't explained clearly enough for beginners.

You ask me about the other end of the spectrum : what do you wish to tell me about this ? I'm not sure about that.
But you made me think of what would confirmed users think if the groups were automatically desabled...
I'm a collector and a beginner, so when I make groups it isn't for trades, it's for pets organisation. I put my pets into boxes.
Maybe other players, and not only confirmed ones, make groups to organise their trades.
So they wouldn't be happy if the options were switched ? I get it, all right.

In that case, what about asking confirmation when we make the group ? But it could become boring to repeat ourselves all the time.
Well, I think the better solution could be having an option panel where we could check or select from a menu if we want to be asked every time or to set tradable/untradable by default.
We would have to set it once and we could manage individually the groups after that. And obviously the option could be change anytime in the panel.
Missing
Image Image
Willing to swap
Image for Image
Trading
Regular Trades • • • Event Trades • • • Current Month Swaps • • • Last Month Swaps

Time on Chicken Smoothie
Limuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:16 am

Pardon, I wasn't exactly clear.

What I mean by the other end of the spectrum, say trading was disabled by default and one never came to the forums. They wouldn't know how to search for other users or pets etc. and because trading is disabled by default, they'd never get trade offers and wouldn't even know why.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Why does it need to be disabled by default? When it is enabled, you simply get notified that someone wants to trade with you. You can accept or cancel the trade as you like.

If it was disabled by default, everyone would have it disabled. The only difference to the current situation would be that you would always get a PM from someone asking to trade instead of directly receiving a trade offer, which would just waste everyone's time.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me