What a scab...

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What a scab...

Postby Toastberg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm

saw a site that copied CS almost word for word.... will not put link without mod/admin permission
shame
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What a scab...

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm

You should probably PM a mod or member of staff with the link so they can check it out.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 pm

If you mean DragonLand, yes, we'd like it if the site used a little more imagination...
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 am

Yeah... one of my friends told me that he had the same layout as CS before, but he changed it. Still, I'd get pretty annoyed if anyone copied my site word for word.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am

I can only hope the people who do that kinda thing are just too young/inexperienced to realise what they're doing is wrong, and never going to get them very far if they want to make their own site...

it does annoy me a lot to see sites ripping off my content, but they're mostly sites which aren't run very effectively and just disappear under the radar so it's not like it's much to be concerned about :/ still, I spent a lot of time making this site, it upsets me to see people just stealing stuff so effortlessly. If I'm going to inspire anyone, I'd like to inspire their creativity to make their own site, not just carbon-copy the site they enjoy.

I think the most common rip is everyone steals my adoption-rules - I must have seen them on at least 30 adoptable sites by now o_o is it so hard to make your own rules? I really don't get that...

*headdesk*
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah, The Somethings has had a few word-for-word copiers... Where the heck is their imagination?
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:59 pm

Whats worse is they didnt just steal ideas from Tess, but also some of the dragons from Dragoncave, but its okay cause someone reported them for it.
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby athena79 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Some people just don't have that much imagination....I dont get why they would even try either, because most people would just come to Chickens Smoothie then a copy of it.
athena79

Postby Speckaroo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh i just check the topic about Dragonland in other websites, and its been shut down.
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:47 pm

Speckaroo wrote:Oh i just check the topic about Dragonland in other websites, and its been shut down.

He asked for the topic to be deleted after complaining about his hosting service because they dropped him for abuse.
I can't imagine what sort of abuse he really ended up getting his hosting revoked for.. ;)

Anywho, when/if you guys and girls see people, literally, completely and utterly copying off another site, you can always let the hosting company know about it and they will remove it because that is against about every hosting sites rules.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me