::ChickenSmoothie App::

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Do you want this app to happen?

Yes!!! I need it so much!
59%
Yes.
14%
No, because I don't use mobile.
2%
No I think it's a bad idea.
25%

Total votes : 64

Re: ::ChickenSmoothie App::

Postby Firestar6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:43 am

I would actually love an app, while it would be hard to make it, and the money it takes to have it, then also if you only let it available for apple, android user will get mad and vise versa. It would be easier though because it would boost the number of users and it would allow people that don't have computers to play.

I think another suggestion would be to just re-over the mobile site version so it is easier to navigate all around
→ → → Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀs ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟ... A ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴏɴᴇ's sᴏᴜʟ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴs ᴜɴᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴᴇᴅ ← ← ←

I will finish this later

links go here - links go here - links go here
links go here - links go here - links go here
Firestar6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am

Out of curiosity, what exactly about the *navigation* on mobile is so frustrating? I get that trading is frustrating but that's a feature and it's not navigation. And I know the PM layout is wonky but I don't think that's related to navigation...

I'm a longtime mobile user (got my first phone in late 2012) and I can't stand to use the desktop version on mobile (because trying to read things on the desktop version on mobile is a hassle: zoom in and repeatedly side-scroll for every single post--how do you guys do it??

With the mobile layout on mobile I can just scroll down to read, no problem).

I can move around the site pretty easily without having anything bookmarked. So I'm wondering what's coming naturally to me that isn't coming naturally to others or if there's something I'm not trying to go to regularly that other users are. Right now I'm like :what:

There are numerous improvements that could be made to various features, but navigating to those features is something I find easy, so... ???

(Also, as a computer science major who is finally dabbling in app development... man it's a pain to pick up. It's probably easy once you get the hang of it but even then, it still looks like an awful lot of "physical" work, ESPECIALLY for a single person. The sheer amount of time that will be required to make an app may be part of the reason that Nick doesn't want to make an app when we already have the mobile layout; he could instead spend time on other CS features.

To my knowledge, Nick is the only backend coder guy we've got.)

Protip: Save the home page of chicken smoothie to your "home screen". Then you can open up the CS site as if you're opening up an app. You might find the feature next to your mobile browser's bookmark feature
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vaiill » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:09 am

The mobile site also crashes sometimes cause it glotches out my phone. Its just a real pain to use and it looks terrible

If they wont make an app they should fix the mobile site

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
──────────────────────────────
the holy goat
link // link // link // ©

Image Image Image
───────────────────────────────────────

vaiill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm not sure if this is particularly feasible - it costs $25 to publish on the Play Store, and $100 per year to publish on the App Store - plus I'm not sure if CS even has an API. It'd be fantastic if it was in fact possible, though!

I'd suggest sending a help ticket if permission's what you're after. Admins are probably the only ones who can give it, and they dont usually check the forums.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:49 pm

DrinaLestrange wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2934313&p=94525494#p94525494
First one under declined suggestions. So it won't be happening.

As Drina quoted, this won't be happening. Sorry all!

vaiill wrote:The mobile site also crashes sometimes cause it glotches out my phone. Its just a real pain to use and it looks terrible

If they wont make an app they should fix the mobile site

I've never heard of this issue before so it sounds like it's probably an issue with your phone rather than the mobile site itself.

Like Nick jr said, I've personally never had any issues with the mobile site myself, but if you'd like to make a new topic with suggestions for it that would be fine. An app however isn't on the cards. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vaiill » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

my phones fine lol, it just doesn't like mobile sites. normal sites work fine but cause most mobile sites are clunky it just doesn't work

the holy goat
link // link // link // ©

Image Image Image
───────────────────────────────────────

vaiill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 am

vaiill wrote:my phones fine lol, it just doesn't like mobile sites. normal sites work fine but cause most mobile sites are clunky it just doesn't work

That's really weird. If by "clunky" you mean "have awkward layouts" then your phone really shouldn't be crashing. Awkward layouts alone shouldn't be a reason for a phone to crash. What do you mean by "crash"? Does your mobile browser ragequit on you? I'm guessing that's not the case since you say that your phone crashes... So your entire phone shuts off?? That should be even less possible than your mobile browser ragequitting...

:what:
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MothStarOfficial⚈▿⚈ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:32 am

id love a cs app!
MothStarOfficial⚈▿⚈

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gracerocker7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 am

Piefan wrote:I'm not sure if this is particularly feasible - it costs $25 to publish on the Play Store, and $100 per year to publish on the App Store - plus I'm not sure if CS even has an API. It'd be fantastic if it was in fact possible, though!

I'd suggest sending a help ticket if permission's what you're after. Admins are probably the only ones who can give it, and they dont usually check the forums.

I know it costs money to publish it, but they would make so much profit from the app alone it would cover the cost.
gracerocker7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:09 am

... Profit? From the app? From what in the app??

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me