We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby sm06sm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am

foxcloud19 wrote:
sm06sm wrote:From the sound of things, the pound needs an entire overhaul, not just a bandaid solution. Regardless of how many pets you add, the players who know what pets to look for and what is rare will still continue to pick up those pets. I understand the whole “the pound shouldn’t just be about rares” argument but the pound is the only way some players will ever get very old rares. I found out through this forum that you can see the pet pounds before opening, and as an average/casual player, I didn’t know this. You have a system in place that allows people to know ahead of time if they should stalk the pound opening. I don’t think this should be visible at all, or if so, it should be easily accessible information to even things out.

I think the best solution for the pound would be each person gets a random pet from the draw (as I saw someone previously mention), with percentage pull rates for each rarity that is shown on the pound page upon opening!

I LOVE this idea of being given a random pet! It feels so much more fair in the long run.

However, if they refuse to do a big overhaul like this, I think we should do trial runs of what is being suggested. Have a week where we implement the fewer openings with more pets, then have a week with more openings and fewer pets. Then set up a poll to ask which one people liked better or if they prefer it to stay the same.

Ooh, this is an interesting idea too! I don’t know how difficult something like that swapping back and forth would be to code though, so it may not be manageable.
sm06sm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckblind » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:46 am

avaloafe wrote:the thing is, it IS easily accessible information. literally just go to the pounds account page, click view pets and BOOM. its right there for everyone to see.

to be fair i only just learned about it a month or so ago and i've been here for almost 3.5 years. it isn't really advertised anywhere, you have to specifically click on the pound's profile to go look and i don't think a lot of people realize that it's an actual account, let alone one with viewable folders (i thought the trade record for it was just like when an npc gives you a pet during an event, where it doesn't link back to anything). if you aren't super active on the forums and such there's a good chance you won't realize it's a thing
duckblind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sm06sm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:58 am

duckblind wrote:
avaloafe wrote:the thing is, it IS easily accessible information. literally just go to the pounds account page, click view pets and BOOM. its right there for everyone to see.

to be fair i only just learned about it a month or so ago and i've been here for almost 3.5 years. it isn't really advertised anywhere, you have to specifically click on the pound's profile to go look and i don't think a lot of people realize that it's an actual account, let alone one with viewable folders (i thought the trade record for it was just like when an npc gives you a pet during an event, where it doesn't link back to anything). if you aren't super active on the forums and such there's a good chance you won't realize it's a thing

Thank you!! I’ve been here a year (apparently. What!! It’s been that long?!) and just now found out, assumed the same thing that you did. I think if it’s something that will be kept the pound page itself should display a link to the page, showing to EVERYONE regardless of how active you are in forums that you can see the upcoming pets.
sm06sm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby babyborgferret » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 am

himarry 124 wrote:Honestly I think their should be a pound or lost and found every 2 hours and lower the pound size to 500 make it so you can also accept 1 pet per pound. Or I think the pound should be just empty entirely

I would also like a situation like this.
babyborgferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am

I am HEAVILY against randomly being given a pet from the pound. I want to be able to choose what I adopt even if not a necessarily desirable pet. It doesn't make it "fairer". Just because you know what pets are rare out there doesn't guarantee you get one. Even if staff were to implement the randomization of receiving a pet, people would still complain that they didn't get a rare. Happens on dec 18.
Last edited by The Last Raven on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 am

The Last Raven wrote:I am HEAVILY against randomly being given a pet from the pound. I want to be able to choose what I adopt even if not a necessarily desirable pet. It doesn't make it "fairer". Just because you know what pets are rare out there doesn't guarantee you get one.

^ this. I'd like to get something I actually find aesthetically pleasing to me
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 am

Okay to start. It’s not that hard to check what’s in the pound opening or set a timer for when the pound is. Literally anyone can do this. It’s not some secret advantage and it’s also pretty low commitment. Not to mention it’s fun to look at what’s in the pound and /hope/ you get a dreamy on your page. It’s still unlikely but it’s fun to try! It would ruin a lot of fun for me if I couldn’t see what was in the pound.(:

And for everyone who wants to punish experienced or active players for the crime of being experienced and active for whatever reason. No, getting rid of/ randomizing pet dates won’t help anyone. It’ll be experienced players who immediately recognize list pets/ rares, while newer players are less likely to remember. They can however learn to just click the oldest pet which is a safe bet.

Also all of this is off topic anyways. What is on topic is I still think the pound opening less is not worth what would be like an extra minute open.
Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 am

Pyca wrote:
The Last Raven wrote:I am HEAVILY against randomly being given a pet from the pound. I want to be able to choose what I adopt even if not a necessarily desirable pet. It doesn't make it "fairer". Just because you know what pets are rare out there doesn't guarantee you get one.

^ this. I'd like to get something I actually find aesthetically pleasing to me

double this

i don’t want mini december 18ths. i’ve been on this site since 2012. i STILL don’t get older pets in pound openings. just because you can be an experienced player, doesn’t give you an advantage. i don’t know what each pet looks like. i look at the DATES of the pets in the pound. if all the rarer pets are taken, then i choose a pet that is aesthetically pleasing to me or is one of my hoard pets. i am very much against mystery pet boxes. also against “invisible” pets where you just see their release date/rarity.

the pound is LUCK BASED. it’s not like looking at what pets are in there via a discord bot or VERY EASILY looking at the pets in the pound group on CS is going to guarantee you THAT pet. it’s ALL random and luck. i truly don’t understand how others are thinking that looking at pets gives an unfair advantage when it’s quite literally available for everyone on this site to see. 🙄
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 am

Cloverstream wrote:Okay to start. It’s not that hard to check what’s in the pound opening or set a timer for when the pound is. Literally anyone can do this. It’s not some secret advantage and it’s also pretty low commitment. Not to mention it’s fun to look at what’s in the pound and /hope/ you get a dreamy on your page. It’s still unlikely but it’s fun to try! It would ruin a lot of fun for me if I couldn’t see what was in the pound.(:

I’m getting a little tired of people saying “it’s easy to check what’s in the pound.” Yes it is. The problem is, people don’t know about it. I only very recently found out you could do this. They do not advertise or explain that you can do this. They should either advertise this so new players can know to look as well, or take it out entirely. It’s not that it’s hard to find, it’s that it’s not obvious so people have no idea to even look for it unless they’re specifically told. I know you all probably don’t mean it this way, but it’s coming across as “it’s so easy, of course you all should already know how to do this.” Also Cloverstream, this is not targeted towards just you, you were just the last person to say it.
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicnova » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 am

I dont think being able to see what's in the pound before it opens is one of the problems we need to address. Seeing or not seeing won't change anything overall. Old users already know what rare pets look like, even if they don't know which ones will be there going in we can still recognize them on sight.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌