Ugly Pixelations- Resolved (Sort of)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Ugly Pixelations?

Postby Saerffin7 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 am

QuincyAllain wrote:
katt66 wrote:I don't see any problem with any of them. Could it be your browser? If there is an issue maybe its the way the pets data is saved in certain places. I know CS has to be an extremely huge load on its server with all of the thousands of designs in multiples over thousands of collections. That's a lot of data. Possibly the software uses lower resolution pics for certain areas to save in data usage and improve site speed. I'd personally prefer slightly pixelated images showing in my collection pages over the mind numbing site lags we've had in the past. You guys are too new to remember waiting forever for pages to load and missing entire Pound openings and not being able to get on site at all for hours at.a time because the browser would time out and give up long before it could load the site. A few pixellated images in unimportant areas is a small price to pay for a smoothly running site. Believe me! D:

Well LindsayPrower and I do not run the same browser.
I have Google Chrome and she has Internet Explorer. So it's definitely not the browser(s) I wouldn't think.
I could see if it was just me that being the problem, that would be isolated and then I'd just change over browsers if that were it /:
And actually Chickensmoothie is a lot easier to run (even well before they pixelated the images) than a lot of other sites I get on. Like DA.
CS really doesn't have a whole lot to load in reality. The images are all low-res and load fast :3

I agree. I use Opera, and I have the same problem as well. Most likely Not the browser.
Saerffin7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am

It does not really seem to be a site problem because the pets show up just fine for me. The only distortion I can see is on the screenshot.

I guess you will just have to wait and see if Nick has some kind of resolution for this.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:58 am

Honestly the screenshots and normal pictures posted look indenticle to me, maybe it's something with your computers not the pet images themselves?
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 am

Sorren Fey wrote:It does not really seem to be a site problem because the pets show up just fine for me. The only distortion I can see is on the screenshot.

I guess you will just have to wait and see if Nick has some kind of resolution for this.

Yeah at first I really did think it was just me but other people have said they have the same problem... it may or may not be a site problem ^^;
Thanks though Sorren, I guess we'll see if Nick takes a looks at this/has a solution.

aibo7m3 wrote:Honestly the screenshots and normal pictures posted look indenticle to me, maybe it's something with your computers not the pet images themselves?

It's slight distortions. Not something that "Oh my gosh my eyes... it's popping out at me!" kind of things
Like when you save a low-res or "small" picture file as a jpeg instead of a png
I'm a digital artist so it pops right out to me O.o
I mean you may or may not have it too. But even if you do, you may not see it if you just idly glance. Unfortunately even my idle glances catch it because of my good eyesight/art training.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:36 pm

QuincyAllain wrote:Original:
Screenshot:
it doesn't show up with the pixelations in my sig but it does in the archive and on my pet page.

So, our dressed-up pet images are always served as 32-bit PNG, there is no JPEG compression applied to those. If you're seeing JPEG artifacts on dressed-up pets, you are using an Internet Accelerator product which is compressing the image before it is sent to your computer. For example, Verizon Wireless mangles images in this way.

Could you save the dressed pet image that shows this problem to your computer, and then post it here as an attachment? Use the "upload attachment" tab below the posting window.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Nick wrote:
Screenshot:
it doesn't show up with the pixelations in my sig but it does in the archive and on my pet page.

So, our dressed-up pet images are always served as 32-bit PNG, there is no JPEG compression applied to those. If you're seeing JPEG artifacts on dressed-up pets, you are using an Internet Accelerator product which is compressing the image before it is sent to your computer. For example, Verizon Wireless mangles images in this way.

Could you save the dressed pet image that shows this problem to your computer, and then post it here as an attachment? Use the "upload attachment" tab below the posting window.

It isn't just dressed pets. It's been quite a few pets. One day a bunch will be fuzzy and then the next some of them are clear again.
Like my Sunback is clear right now but some other pets are still messed up /:
I'll attach one without items added.
Attachments
jdh;aksjdfhjaklsdf.jpg
This is one that doesn't have items but still had pixelations.
jdh;aksjdfhjaklsdf.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nomoreusername » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 am

QuincyAllain wrote:
Nick wrote:
Screenshot:

It isn't just dressed pets. It's been quite a few pets. One day a bunch will be fuzzy and then the next some of them are clear again.

Oi! That screeny is saved as JPG?

And I dont see a problem. :/ And I dont really care. I still love my Nonswirl and Android all the same. :|
looking to reconnect with old friends from the cringy pokemon RP era days!
nomoreusername

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 am

I've noticed this as well. Not quite as bad as in your screenshots, but in my gray/darker colored pets, there's a lot of... 'grain'. I've brushed it off for awhile, assuming the pets were saved as JPG's, but apparently not?
It annoys me, because I often really like the pet, but whenever I look at it all I see is the grain :c
(For the record, I'm using the latest version of Firefox and a fairly new computer.)
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 am

QuincyAllain wrote:It isn't just dressed pets. It's been quite a few pets. One day a bunch will be fuzzy and then the next some of them are clear again.

That looks awful. It is also less than half the filesize of the image we actually serve. Your ISP is recompressing the pet images to reduce their filesize, which makes them look terrible. Check out the attachment, it's the original image that we're really displaying before your ISP mangles it.

I've heard that on Verizon Wireless, pressing shift + refresh (or control + refresh) causes their server to send you the original images, instead of the versions that they've destroyed with compression.
Attachments
original.zip
(14 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:04 am

So it isn't the browser that's the problem, it's the internet provider.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me