Dare - A Special Dog Pack [Species-Like Thread]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Dare - A Special Dog Pack [Species-Like Thread]

Postby antler apathy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 am

This is an experimental idea, please bare with me as I get everything set up and situated >:

Welcome to Dare - A band of stray dogs with an excelled and elite way of pack life.

In the last century emerged a new breed of canine, advanced in intellect and able to create a humanoid social environment, these canines were outcast from the mainstream world. A tight bond formed between the group, knowing that to keep what they had, they needed to stay together. And thus born was the Dare pack. The Dare's soon started to define themselves from other stray dogs with unnatural colors, markings, even small accessories and mutations. It became tradition to hold these unnatural features, and no one was accepted in without them.

--> More in to the Requirements for the Dares <--
- The average Dare pack member will always have natural coloring, with natural markings. Remember when it says natural, that means for a canines. Zebra stripes may be natural, but not for a dog.
- The member will also have a distinct unnatural feature that goes along with the basic pelt. There can be up to three markings, two accessories and one mutation. Exceptions can be made, but rarely are.
~Markings~
-Natural colors, but an unnatural design (ie: Black Leopard Spots)
-Unnatural colors, but a natural design (ie: A dull green strip running down the back)
-A unnatural designs with unnatural markings must be dull colors, they are also rare.
-Questions about other markings? Just ask.
~Accessories~
-The common dog collar doesn't count as an accessory, but no Dare pack members have a collar.
-Beaded collars, chains, necklaces, etc do count as accessories.
-Piercings are a very common accessory, as are feathers and other objects that may attach themselves to piercings.
-Bracelets and cuffs are aloud.
-Questions about other accessories? Just ask.
~Mutations~
-Mutations are generally mellow, this means no extreme mutations such as eyes all over the body, multiple heads, etc. They're also very uncommon.
-Small/chibi wings and hair/names are the most common mutations.
-Other mutations can be two tails, and extra fur on the elbows and/or other jointed areas.
-Questions about other mutations? Just ask.

--> Social Interaction <--
The average Dare member has the intellect of a human ninth grader. These canines have the ability to think for themselves, understand the workings of other creatures, and most importantly, express humanoid emotions. The canines communicate by 'speaking' to each other, they've developed their own language through various noises at different frequencies. It mimics the English language, and humans have reported the dogs 'talking' to them. They can mimic facial expressions. They also interact through motions.
(For the sake of our sanity, when we roleplay just let them speak in English >: Just know they aren't actually speaking English)

--> Hierarchy <--
The pack is set up with rankings for every member. There are various levels that break down in to even small ranks. Please read this, so you aren't confused later on.

The Alpha Leader: A single male that overrules the whole pack. He give out the commands to the pack through the alpha committee, and is the subliminal ruler. There's no defying him if you're not on the alpha committee, and even then it is unusual. He must be strong, loyal, intelligent and a large dog.
The Alpha Committee: Made up of three to four co-ed members that get the commands out in to the pack. They review commands as well, and make sure everyone in the pack is satisfied. There's no defying them, unless your the alpha leader.
The Beta Pair: One male and one female who aid the alpha leader and alpha committee. They tend to the needs of the alphas, and make sure that they're able to do their job correctly without problems like sickness, famine, etc. The beta pair moves up after two alpha Committee leaders leave their rank. They can give commands to a platoon, but not the whole pack.

Delta Platoon Leaders: The best fighters of the pack. There's usually around five ten of them depending on how many platoons there are. They each lead their own small group (five - seven members) called a platoon.
Delta Platoon Members: The meat of the pack, these members are the most common. There's really not a limit, but they don't usually exceed the fifties. They're divided in to groups of five to seven, and assigned a platoon leader.

Subordinate Gammas: These are extra members who may need special care, or aren't trained enough to fight in a platoon. They're only used for emergencies, and they're usually younger adult members.

Shamans: Three strays that are in charge of healing the wounded, sick and/or otherwise disabled members.

Scouts: These members don't actually fight unless mandatory. Instead they're in charge of warning the pack of possible threats. They have to be small, fast and very agile.

Veterans: Retired pack members. Usually either old or missing limbs. They can't really serve a physical purpose, but they teacher trainees, and hold valuable history and information of the pack.

Trainees: 'Teenage' pack members that are training to move up the ranks.

Pups: Young members not yet ready to train.

--> Territory and Living <--

The Dares live in a small valley up in the Colorado Rockies. Follow the ravine down the valley two and a half miles and it opens up in to a green meadow where a small human path has been carved through. A mile down the path and you reach a parking lot with a road leading out. Five miles down the road and you end up in a small and very physically active town.
The valley is about a mile and a half wide, and the mountains surrounding it are very bell and/or pyramid shaped. There's a saddle break in between two of the mountains on the opposite side of the ravine. Many of the dogs go up there for the view, but it's above tree line and they won't stay for long, it's too cold. In the center of the valley is a thick lake.
During the winter there's usually about five feet of snow, and the pack will migrate towards the meadow more.

Dares mainly eat small rodents, but once in a while they are able to catch a goose. The members try to stay away from larger pray like elk or deer, but if desperate will eat one.

Main camp is a level run down area wit ha few rocks. Most of the dogs will sleep under the stars. They usually just sleep in tight knit groups - their platoons.

Gallery
(These pictures are my personal ones. Please do not think you can use them~)
The mountains.
The Valley
The Lake.
Main Camp.
The Town.

--> FAQ <--
Can I make my own?
Only if you get my permission or I ask you to, otherwise check out the adoptions.

How does breeding work?
Male can breed with anyone of the same rank or lower. Females can deny or accept a mating, but cannot go to a male and choose him as a mate. If two Dares both breed for the first tiem they become life long partners. Males can choose to have pups with another female, but do not have to. Females cannot have pups with anyone but their life long partner, unless they don't have a lifelong partner and the breed with a male who already does.
If you decide to breed two members together, you must ask me first.

Is there a limit to how many pack members I can have?
No, but you can only have one character in high ranks and you can only have one character in limited ranks.

Can I add unnatural features to my already existing Dare member?
Depends. You can't add new markings or mutations, but if you haven't reached your accessory limit ask me about it.

Is there any plot or enemy to this?
No exactly, I may add one later but for now I just want to see how this plays out.

How do I adopt?
If a Dare member is up for adoption there will be a form underneath the oekaki picture. All the characters for adoption are going to be in Oekaki, so just check the adoptions section and fill out a form c:

Can my Dare member move up in Rank?
If all higher ranks are filled, no it may not. But if one is open, you may prove to me that you are worthy of moving your character up. If something with ranks happens in the roleplay, that can work out that way too.

Do pack members ever go in to the town?
It takes a few days to get in to the town, but yes, sometimes platoons will go in search for new members or just to experience town life as a stray. The members are rarely hostile to humans, unless they are attacked first.

Any other questions? Just ask ^^
Last edited by antler apathy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Listings

Postby antler apathy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 am

--> Ranks <--
The Alpha Leader:
-
The Alpha Committee:
- Vincette (Gwen Trix)
- Cray (Zephayer)
-
-
The Beta Pair:
- Siege (Shy)
- Rachel (AmigoGirl)

Delta Platoon Leaders:
- Jarl (Bk13)
- (Karasu-chan)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Delta Platoon Members:
- Teak (Frostdragon)
-
-
-
-
-

Subordinate Gammas:
-
-
-
-
-
-

Shamans:
- Raven (Soy)
-
-

Scouts:
- Kopha (Wolfehh)
-
-
-

Veterans:
-
-
-
-

Trainees:
-
-
-

Pups:
- Tango (Science☥Faith)
-
-

--> Mates for Life <--
-
-
-

--> Platoons <--
Ruska Platoon
Delta Leader:
- (Karasu-chan)
Delta Members:
- Teak (Frostdragon)
-
-
-
-

UFA = Currently up for adoption. Check link.
Last edited by antler apathy on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:01 am, edited 16 times in total.

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adotions

Postby antler apathy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 am

Last edited by antler apathy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dare - A Special Dog Pack [Species-Like Thread]

Last edited by antler apathy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:05 am

And one last reserved post >:

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephayer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 am

hoorah ^^;
thread's looking great <3~
won't be as active due to school ; w ;
>> FURSONA : CHARACTERS : PM : HELP <<

Zephayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 am

This looks like a very good and fun idea. Thanks very much on the invite, I would love to participate~

Are masquerade masks accepted as a good acsessory? And must the colour and markings be unatural? Or could they be just normal with different accsessories etc.?
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 am

A mask is perfectly fine ^^ And as long as the character has one of the three features that's fine.
So it can be all natural, but have an accessory or mutation.

antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Thank you :3

But It may take some time before I can send a design in. My tablet died D': and ain't gonna revive itself.

I'll try do a traditional design, but colours won't be great.

This'll be great fun x3
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me