Chacales Españoles [WIP]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Chacales Españoles [WIP]

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:46 am

BIG WIP feel free to mark

ALL INFO IS A ROUGHT CONCEPT AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

If anyone wants to help out with the species and is good at writing lore feel free to message me im not great at making it realistic lol

Main page

Pic is our mascot, a currently unnamed Chacales Galgo-Lobo

- LINKS HERE -

- WELCOME MESSAGE HERE -
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:47 am

YOU MAY NOT:

• Sell your Chacales for currency of any kind, including real money, c$, cs pets, other site currency, ect.

• Beg or harass staff or other people for any reason.

• Make edits to your Chacal without approval. This includes changing the colours, markings, line edits, adding accessories, ect.

• Trade Chacales for other species or characters.

• Do or say anything against CS rules.

YOU MAY:

• Take your Chacal offsite, as long as it always links back to the main CS post.

• Trade your Chacales for other Chacales, no matter the breed.

• Ask the species owner to make edits to your Chacal for you. Accessories are not included in this, as there will eventually be a store for that.
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:47 am

WIP

Chacales Españoles (Spanish jackals). A species group of Jackals hybrids exclusive to Spain and some parts of Portugal.

• originally came to Spain in the 1800's, when a shipment of 70 live adult jackals ended up escaping in Spain, after originally being brought there with the intention of dispersing into various zoos across Europe.

• the jackals soon spread across the andalusian portion of Spain, and did a very good job at hiding in the Spanish countryside.

• many stayed in andalusia, a good portion of them crossbreeding with Iberian wolves, as well as stray Galgos.

• nowadays, there are two (technically 3) 'breeds' of Chacales Españoles. A. Chacales Ibéricos (Iberian Jackals), and B. Chacales Galgos (Greyhound Jackals). The names are pretty straightforward,  the former having mixed mainly with Iberian wolves and thus sharing much DNA with them, and the latter having mixed mainly with stray or abandoned Galgos (Spanish greyhounds) They can easily be told apart by coat colour and body structure, yet are still genetically extremely close to one another and mostly Jackal in behaviour and nature.

• Rarely, a mix between the two breeds can be found, known as the easily remembered Chacales Galgo-Lobo (Greyhound-Wolf Jackal)

• by 1980, many of the Chacales  Ibéricos had migrated towards Portugal and northwards, while as the Chacales Galgos strayed Westwards. The mix between the two has remained mostly in the middle throughout history, and can be found nearby the border to Portugal,  in the south of Spain, mainly west Andalusia.

• in 2020, the Chacales Galgo-Lobo remains the only trace of Iberian Wolves left in Andalusia, after the latter went extinct in southern Spain, though their numbers in the wild are dwindling.

•nowadays all 3 mixes are often raised and tamed by humans, after the discovery of their gentle, yet determined nature. They are all surprisingly dog-like in behaviour, despite their instincs being mostly jackal still. They make great working 'dogs', excelling in disciplines that include scent work, hunting, or running.

• Chacales Ibéricos are hardly and strong, often coming in colours of brown and tan similar to iberian wolves. They tend to form small packs, though still mate for life like jackals.

• Chacales Galgos are quick and nimble. They're very tall, and eager to please. They can be sensitive, and are generally rather shy. They are often solid colours, yet with the longer fur of a jackal. They are very social with domestic dogs.

• Chacales Galgo-Lobos get the best of both worlds. They're the friendliest, and excell in essentially any dicpline. They're confident and nimble, yet loyal and loving to humans. Conservation efforts have been put into place in order to try and make them more common. They come in all sorts of colours and fur types.
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeds

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:48 am

WIP

Chacal Ibérico
- INFO HERE -

Chacal Galgo
- INFO HERE -

Chacal Galgo-Lobo
- INFO HERE -
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explore

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:49 am

WIP

Search East Andalusia to find a Chacal Galgo. 100% chance for non-owners, 75% chance for those who already own a Chacal.

OWNER FORM:
Code: Select all
[b][color=#FF0000]I already own a Chacal, and I'm going exploring in East Andalusia to find another![/color][/b]

NON-OWNER FORM:
[b][color=#FF0000]I'm going exploring in East Andalusia to find a Chacal![/color][/b]

Search Northern Portugal to find a Chacal Ibérico. 75% chance for non-owners, 50% chance for those who already own a Chacal.

OWNER FORM:
[b][color=#008000]I already own a Chacal, and I'm going exploring in Northern Portugal to find another![/color][/b]

NON-OWNER FORM:
[b][color=#008000]I'm going exploring in Northern Portugal to find a Chacal![/color][/b]

Search West Andalusia to find a Chacal Galgo-Lobo. 50% chance for non-owners, 25% chance for those who already own a Chacal.

OWNER FORM:
[b][color=#4000BF]I already own a Chacal, and  I'm going exploring in West Andalusia to find another![/color][/b]

NON-OWNER FORM:
[b][color=#4000BF]I'm going exploring in West Andalusia to find a Chacal![/color][/b]
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RES

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:04 am

Res
Last edited by ZozoJesterz on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZozoJesterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RES

Postby ZozoJesterz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:05 am

Res
ZozoJesterz