Legendary Kalon Readopt - 1 Or Less Legendary Owners

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Legendary Kalon Readopt - 1 Or Less Legendary Owners

Postby elio. » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Username: pineapples
Name: tbd
-unlimited words/art-
Man this is nice of you !!
" please forget me not "

semi hiatus. please don't contact me unless it's important (ie. commissions)
elio.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Username:Gadgetrocks
Name: Sparrow
-unlimited words/art-
I have no Kalons, so I'll try for her!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Mark no legendarys
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:19 am

Username: solasta
      Name:
      -unlimited words/art-
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

we gave you life, and i'm so sorry

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:58 am

she is a god. she is born of the sea, the land and the air; she bears incorporeality on her feather-light wings, she carries the song of the sea in her veins, and her neck is wreathed in the most delicate of gleaming stones found deep within the planet's core. she is amity incarnate. her empathy knows no bounds. she descended from the heavens to give her people a second chance at life, to ease the suffering of the weak and silence the anguish of the impoverished. she embodies the sorrow of the dead, the grief of a million families who have lost someone too soon.

she is althea, the great healer. in your times of greatest need, she will find you.
in time, althea will repair the damages of her people. she will make everything okay.

" angels on the sideline, puzzled and amused "

" why did father give these humans free will? now they're all confused "

username => the one & only vapor
[center]kalons? => i have five wonderful kalons [kai, blythe, eyphah, addie and yaldabaoth] but no legendaries!
name => althaea
name meaning => a word from the greek "althos," meaning healing
name reason => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Althaea <= a disambiguation of the name "althaea"
and the various ways it has been used throughout history; used as a reference to explain
why i felt the connections of the name felt deep enough for her
- althaea; the plant genus which includes the marshmallow plant, the gift of the nature
gods in her moss-green fur and the coral growths in their body
- 119 althaea- an asteroid; the namesake of this body for her wings, painted lightly with
black and pink cosmic dust, a gift from the gods of the heavens
- the name of several nymphs in greek mythology- the nymphs are female deities of
nature, known for being divine spirits of nature, beloved by many, and immortal; chosen
for the parallels to althaea's character (a female deity intrinsically linked to nature)
- "shrub althaea"- the name for south korea's national flower; i will point you to this link, in particular the section of
"national flower," which gives the flower's native name of "mugunghwa." the word is
korean and stems from "mugung," meaning eternity. i thought this was a fitting name
given althaea's godly origins.
- other uses include the name althaea as the name of a pulsar (a celestial object which
emits radio frequencies) in the book the hercules text

gender => as a celestial being, althaea has no inherent gender, but has
adopted a demeanor which radiates empathy and gentle compassion, and was given by
the people the label of "woman" and she/her pronouns.

" don't these talking monkeys know that eden has enough to go around? "

" plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys, where there's one you're bound to divide it right in two "

in the beginning

when primordial chaos gave birth to the universe, there was nothing but the silence of unending space. there was no life to fill the jet-black void. not a breath stirred the stale air, not a drop of water nor flicker of flame dared move.

and then chaos came, and suddenly, everything exploded into life.

chaos is not an inherently evil thing; like order, law, and justice, it can be twisted and warped into working for malicious purposes. but chaos, early chaos, gave way to strife, as seas and land raged eternal war and the skies screamed with fire. without an established sense of inner tranquility the earth lost irself in turmoil. continents collapsed under the oceans, and just as suddenly the oceans were frozen solid; the earth waged war on itself, and the first few million years were pure agony.

but chaos, too, can be good. out of the roiling and war-torn seas came the first remnants of life, and suddenly chaos was not just a creator but a mother. chaos's gift to the universe was at first used with cruelty as the lands tore themselves apart, and the universe in its eternal fight for equilibrium offered a solution: healing. to combat the gouged valleys that scarred the land and the islands that rose like ugly bruises from the sea, the universe gave them something new and gentle, a force that was pure life. that force manifested as althaea.

in the past

she was only meant to give her people some relief. she was their hope, their salvation; she was the end of the wars that their planet had fought for millions of years. althaea was nothing but empathy; she radiated a peaceful energy that seemed to quell fights and bring her people together. it was as if she could reach into the minds of mortals, show the warring sides what one another were fighting for, and explain even without words that peace could be found without needless death. chaos gave althaea the gift of life, and she gave the universe the gift of empathy.

but althaea's days grew into years, then decades. no matter how hard she worked, no matter how many wars she ended, and no matter how many lives she saved, her people had a habit of picking fights. she roamed the earth for thousands of years watching cultures evolve and watching empires rise and fall. she watched thousands of years of civilization, and it never ended.

she was a goddess through and through; the most divine of celestial beings, created by the inherent powers of the universe itself. when she was created as the defender of this earth, she was given blessings by the ruling forces on it. she was made distinct enough to not fit in, but her mortal form coalesced into a kalon resembling those around her. from the skies she was given her wings, patterned gently in cosmic swirls of pink and grey to remind her of the galaxies that birthed her. even the shoulders of her wings closest to her heart bear a faint smattering of white freckles, reminiscent of the stars that, even millions of miles away, are her home. from the sea she was given the plants that grow from her life force. they have grown slowly but surely over her entire life, reflecting the amount of time she has spent here and, more significantly, the amount of lives she has saved. in dark taverns and quiet rooms it is whispered that there is a branch of coral for every life, and to break one off would ensure your own immortality at the cost of the life she had previously saved to gain it.

[kalons are not creatures of the sea, except for the rumors of merkals lurking in the depths where no mortal can tread; althaea has saved their lives, too, preventing those with the strongest powers who rival the tides of the ocean from destroying the land that barricades them. she sometimes wonders why she wasn't gifted with the tail of a merkalon as well as the wings that give her flight, but comes back to the same conclusion every time: she was meant to walk alongside other kalons. after all, she gave them the phrase to "walk a mile in their shoes"; it would be terribly ironic if she herself could not walk--the ocean gave her a gift that would not prohibit her from performing her ultimate cosmic task.]

finally, from the land, althaea was graced with her necklace of shine. to be born without a shine is almost to be born as an entirely different species; but to be born with a shine that wreaths her neck rather than her tail marks her as nothing short of divine. it's something legendary, something rarely spoken of and even more rarely seen. by wearing her gift, althaea marks herself as an outsider, and she wears it with pride; she has an infinite cosmic destiny, and for thousands of years she has been fulfilling it.

and for thousands of years she has been slowly losing hope.

in the present

althaea is empathy, not positivity; she bears kindness on her galactic wings, not happiness. and after eons, every time, without fail, her people return to war. she has seen things and borne things no one should have to see or bear. she sees suffering, destitution, poverty, anguish, agony, torture, heartbreak, failure, grief; she knows uniquely and intrinsically the feelings of fear, pain, betrayal, and sorrow. there is fighting, there is death, there is starving, there is killing, there is loss in the streets and the homes and the wilderness and the castles. there is murder in the seas and on the land and in the wind. in every domain on every walk and every reach of the earth there is some form of suffering. you think you can bear it, for an hour or a day or a week at a time. but for althaea it grows ceaseless. she watches the injured die and the impoverished enslaved over and over and over.

as it turns out, humanity is full of abysmal wrongdoing. its a constant cycle of hurt and revenge. its watching a child die in their mother's arms, watching another war-torn soldier starving on the streets, watching the poorest peoples doing the dirtiest work for a salary they can barely survive on. althaea has seen everything, again and again, and it is exhausting.

not that she's given up hope. althaea is a legend to the people, and even in the poorest parts of the world they wait for her, hoping that she will bring salvation when they need it most.

and she will...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

she bears the secrets of the universe under her fur. she glows in bioluminescent specks that light up the night sky like the stars themselves. she glows, she flies, she shines; she is a goddess, empathy incarnate. in the thousands of years she has been given to the mortals of the earth, she has grown more and more elusive. the rumors that float on the wind say she is ill, she is old, she is dying; she is running out of hope to give. as it is, althaea is just a recluse. she has constant highly-driven anxiety over the same issues she has faced over and over. it hurts her heart to see the suffering on the streets. in fact, most would not even recognize her as who she is; her time with the mortals has made her mortal. the kalon goddess that she once was is now a thing of legend. she doesnt fly around on her mystical wings throwing gifts down to the people; she doesnt plunge into the sea to rescue drowning sailors for the depths, and she doesnt swoop into war armed with gilded words and treasures to ease the hearts of the enemies. most of who she is--or was, rather--is fabricated tales.

not that she's changed who she is. fundamentally, she is the gods' gift to men--she is compassion incarnate, she is living breathing sympathy, she is the end of all pain. but shes a bit more....difficult to seek out these days. in fact, the is known by one rule: she comes to those in their greatest times of need.

althaea shows them humanity. she opens her mind to them and reveals thousands upon thousands of years of cruelty. she shows them brother turning upon brother, every crime, every lifetime, flashing by in glimpses so fast that the mortals can scarcely catch a breath before they have suddenly seen every atrocity of life. she offers to heal them at the cost of knowledge.

althaea teaches empathy differently these days. when she was young and dreaming, she did it without thinking. she saw issues; she fixed them. for centuries that was how she handled all her [and by extension, her people's] problems.in the naivety of immortality she simply used her powers to throw gifts to the undeserving. in a way, althaea fears that she caused all the problems she sees. it's the reason she banished herself to a tiny shack in the woods, tending to her gardens and fields and waiting to answer the calls of the anguished. here, she can't hurt anyone.

but here, still, she can help anyone.

quick art credits
https://preview.ibb.co/hyH0S7/wip1_2.jpg by Tom Ridgewell
https://preview.ibb.co/iwemEc/kalon.png by Huggles
https://i.imgur.com/bLGEoPs.png by turtle,
https://img00.deviantart.net/3c43/i/201 ... c6ndqw.png by g-h-o-s-t
Last edited by The One & Only Vapor on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:59 am

Username:
Name:

res >:V
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 am

Username: Silver Pandorica
Name:

Ah!! Mark!
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:24 am

Last edited by kidcandy on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy