∋The Vivarium Store: Ant Farms!∈ BIG NEWS

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: ∋The Vivarium Store: Ant Farms!∈

Postby ☽✩ Moonstar ✩☾ » Thu May 04, 2017 4:38 am

fuiuki wrote:On a different note, would you all be interested in a gel farm? I'm working on one now, but it's a bit different from most farms. I'd also like some ideas on new things to implement, and things that needs a bit of reorganizing :3

Edit:

Not entirely happy with this one, so... I'll be redoing it at some point. For now, thoughts?

The gel idea is a little odd and I prefer the traditional shape BUT I adore this shape! I absolutely think you should make it into a farm just with dirt not gel ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☽✩ Moonstar ✩☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Thu May 04, 2017 7:13 am

Thank you all for the input!

@Moonstar The whole point is the gel, and not as much the shape, but if I make this a farm then I will leave it as an option to put dirt in it instead. Would that work out alright? I have to redo the farm anyway, as the size it is now is not fit for a farm and doesn't blend in AT ALL with the other farms, and I want it to at least blend in size wise.

Also, the gel is what is most commonly used for ant farms irl, so it's not that odd!
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 am

fuiuki wrote:Thank you all for the input!

@Moonstar The whole point is the gel, and not as much the shape, but if I make this a farm then I will leave it as an option to put dirt in it instead. Would that work out alright? I have to redo the farm anyway, as the size it is now is not fit for a farm and doesn't blend in AT ALL with the other farms, and I want it to at least blend in size wise.

Also, the gel is what is most commonly used for ant farms irl, so it's not that odd!

(recommended to look up gel farms online pretty neat)
i still like the gel farm personally...and as i have said before would look really good with light neon colors:)
(and pretty good with dirt as a side option)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☽✩ Moonstar ✩☾ » Fri May 05, 2017 3:18 am

fuiuki wrote:Thank you all for the input!

I didn't know that gel was used at all irl xD And the option for dirt is a great idea! I LOVE IT!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☽✩ Moonstar ✩☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 am

Well, how about this: I can make this particular farm a regular dirt one, with a side option of gel. Gel can be a new substrate option, for all farms. Would that be ok? I'll probably remake this plastic farm a bit though, but it'd be largly the same.
and aquariums.

fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Fri May 05, 2017 3:41 am

Awesome ^_^ I'll be working on that later then! New stuff coming up, aw yissss! I'm also thinking about some aquatic ants, but they'd probably be more amphibian than anything.
and aquariums.

fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 am

@Moonstar Here's the farm! It got a bit cluttered, I almost couldn't fit all the ants... I also couldn't fit the chinese lantern in anywhere. Your total came out as 564, so keep an eye on your RAC amount if you order anything else ^_^'

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3143097][img]http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy268/fuiuki/Ant%20Farm%20stuff/User%20Farms/Moonstar%20%20ninth.png[/img][/url]

Small update

The Event and Giveaways section of the front page has been removed, as I cannot keep up the achievement, and almost nobody tells me when their birthdays are. If it's your birthday, you can still ask for a gift from the thread however! The post is now Staff Applications instead.
and aquariums.

fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Sat May 06, 2017 9:39 am

New Farm!

This is the Jar Farm, a reworked gel farm. It's a bit smaller than the preview, and a bit thinner, but I hope you guys like it! I'll be uploading a substrate section to the pamphlet soon, as well. I've added white sand as another substrate as well, but I don't know if anyone is interested in it just yet. We'll see, and I'd love to hear your opinions on them!

Image Image Image

New ants!

So, I've finally made two aquatic ants! Let me introduce the Water Angler ants, and Seaweed ants! You can put them in normal farms, but all rooms will be filled with water, and they cannot live together with regular ants. They CAN be on land for a little while, so farms with both water and air work too!

Water Angler
Image Image Image Image

Seaweed
Image Image Image Image
and aquariums.

fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist