Symphony Character Adoption Agency - CD + OPEN! :)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Symphony Character Adoption Agency ♫ - v.2 - Events!

Postby PeachFuzz » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:11 am

Username: PeachFuzz
Name: Dyami
Breed/Species: wolf
Preferences and Requirements for adoption:
~Keep name and gender
~Don't change species or design, but you may add accessories
~If you don't want him anymore, PM me
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.:
lines by Izuru viewtopic.php?t=1499446
itssnowing

Username: PeachFuzz
Name: Kittle
Breed/Species: cat
Preferences and Requirements for adoption:
~Keep name and gender
~Don't change species or design
~If you don't want her anymore, PM me
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.:
lines by Tabbikat, design by possumellaroo
itssnowing
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ayomi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:13 am

username i am kitty ; ;. nothing much more to say there.
what made her catch my eye this character is beautiful and unique. i love her dream catcher charm as well as that flat necklace thingamabob. i don't normally like characters with a lot of jewelry, but she is definitely an exception.
use i would use her for art. i would shower her in beautiful pieces and run out of pet fodder while doing it c:
name to find her name i used ourbabynamer.com
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

christmasyo

name
          her first name is Metit, an Egyptian name meaning righteous. I chose a name of egyptian origin because her flat necklace thingy reminds me of Egypt and righteous because she is strong and amazing.
species
          African Wild Dog
          Egypt,Weapons,Fighting,Revenge,Her dog Milo,
dislikes
          The weak-they are useless
          Bow and Arrows-it is dishonorable. If I wanted to be weak I would have kept my seamstress role.
personality
          To start this off and give you a feeling of her, her motto is "Show No Mercy". She is hard core, tough, and 100% tom boy. She is a beautiful dog, but inside Metit can even be descried as horrible. She is not nice at all and c
history
          Born into the role of a seamstress, Metit was a warrior. She could not be gentle. She could not be "soft" like her sisters. She felt that her role in life was to defend, not to sew and receive no credit. She was not forced to do the role she was born into, but to take on another was a hard task. You had to prove you were worthy of it. This was especially hard as she wanted the role of a warrior, as that was the highest role. She trained for days and nights at a time, and that was only to become ready for her test. She finally deemed herself worthy of the test. (time skip cx) It was finally the day of the test. She was not nervous, she was strong and undefeated. She knew everything a warrior was to know. The only way to be defeated in honor is to die defending what you love. That was all a warrior was taught. She readied herself. The first 4 challenges were simple, it was the last that was the hardest. She froze when she heard the announcement. In a muffled voice, the head of the tribe said "Challenge Five, Fight and Defeat Malakai." Malakai was one of the warriors, she took a deep breath as she walked up to him. After that, it seemed to be all teeth and claws. Even so, in the end, it was Metit who won. She was rewarded with the role of a warrior, and her jewelry. Her dream catcher represents the dream she "caught". Her feathers represent all of the challenges she faced to accomplish her dream.

WIP WIP WIP
Last edited by ayomi on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
    I wanna be a cool kid
ayomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:24 pm

So many characters I want to adopt ;n;
Will be going for 49, 86 and 193.

Note, in this form I will be using a lot of Aussie slang, none of which is meant to offend or insult anyone in any way. If you are, please tell me and I will remove that content from the form. I'm an Aussie, I know my slang. If you would like to know the meaning of any of the slang words please PM me.

Username: nazivu
Number: 193
Use: Alec will be a very much loved character, now that I'm getting back into the business. I will use him for personal art and for helping me develop a unique writing style, which will hopefully improve my writing skills for future use. I guess I could see him as a virtual pet, in a way. Man's best friend, but in the form of pixels, and doing what Aussies do best, help. Alec will be my experimental character, being subject to short stories and illustrations alike. Most of all, I will love Alec for as long as he will let me.

Mozzy: //bear hugs Alec//
Alec: //squirms// "dude, personal space!"
Name: Alec
Species: Australian Shepherd Dog
Birthday: September 21st

Personality:
Alec was named for being smarter than he should be, in the wrong way. He was a dare-devil around the other dogs on the station, and with the people that worked there. He thought he owned the place, after having come from a home that allowed him to. Now, living in the outback and having to fight for his right to eat, Alec has to tone down. His witty remarks often get him into trouble, with both animal and humans alike. But being witty, smart and a bit oblivious to the real world is really just a show, underneath all that Alec is incapable of taking care of the simplest of things, and very impish. Needless to say, Alec is a bully-turn-coward. He can show a tenderness to others when he feels the need, especially towards Rosie, the station master's young daughter, and his only friend - if you could call them friends - Buster, the little Foxie (Fox Terrier) cross.

History:
"Mate, he's a bloody greenie."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah! Whodya get 'im from? One of them city-folk down south?"
"Nah mate, from the lockup in Coober."
"Coober? Whatchya doin' down there for?"
"The wife was naggin' me 'bout gettin' another dog for the station. This one was the only one that wasn't one of them Pommie breeds."
"He'd better be worth it then."

- early days -
(before the pound)

Rarely did cars drive past, but when they did the dust from the red-dirt road lifted into the air with such a force, the young pup was forced to stop. His eyes were dry and caked with the dirt, slowly turning into mud from what tears he could muster. His pelt, now a rusty red from the dust, was also caked in mud, sticks and other substances. The paws of a young puppy should be soft and pink, however this pup's paws had turned hard and black. Overall, this pup could no longer be recognized as a pedigree puppy, he looked more dingo, which isn't good where he was going.

The farm had burned down when the last summer came, the summer after he was born. It was a harsh one, all the pup could remember was the sensation of the most uncomfortable dry-heat, which only intensified as the day rolled on. The old man had been hurt, and later died in hospital from smoke inhalation and burns. The animals on the farm had also suffered, hundreds of cattle having to be shot because of injury or inadequate supply of foods. The dogs left, including the pup, his mother and 3 siblings. However there came a time when the odds were against the dogs, the tough job of finding food and dodging the many predators around them. The most unlikely of the 5 was the only one to survive. With a pelt as white as snow, he stuck out like a cat among the pigeons.

"Squeaker" (plastic squeaking toy)
Food
His blanket
Buster, another of the station's dogs.

Dislikes:
The station master
Blue, and alpha male of the dogs
"head-kickers" (cows)
"field-burgers" (cow patts)

work in progress.

christmasyo
Last edited by Mozzy. on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 am

So happy to see a form for 193, and especially happy to see people taking advantage of the 4 forms special ;D
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaitlynizer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 am

I will be trying out for just 203, I decided to drop out of the other ones I originally had forms for.

Edit : ditzy derp, you may use all the art work in this form as long as you give credit and keep on c.s. thank you

Username: Kaitlynizer

Kennel Number: 203 - When I saw this guy, I'm pretty sure my heart melted, he's just so gorgeous.

Use: I will use him in role plays, drawings, short stories, and will probably feature him in my signature forever. I probably will post a short story about him on here soon, and he'd be loved by me forever.

Why I would like to have him:
The second I saw Clyde I wanted him, I just couldn't not try to win him, he reminds me of lots of things that I like, and there's just something about him that just touched me, I truly would cherish him and use him frequently. I hope I get him, but even if I don't I'll be happy to know that he will get a good home.

- About the character -

Name: His name is still Clyde. I decided to keep the original name because it just fit him so well.

Name Meaning:
The name Clyde originated in Scotland and is from the phrase "Scottish Clyde River". People with this name are said to "have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition", who " value truth, justice, and discipline".* Who are usually very capable and hard workers, plus since this character is a draft horse, and there's a type of draft horse that's called a Clydesdale, it is also short for that horse breed in a sense.

Clyde is a male, this was unchangeable in his adoption form and I wouldn't have him any other way.

Species: Equine

Specific breed: Draft horse

Birthday: December 22, this day has special meaning to me, since it is my fathers birthday - Clyde reminds me of my dad because of his personality, plus it is 2 days before Christmas eve, so I thought it fit Clyde.

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

Favorite word: "Hmmm.... I guess my favorite word would be the word 'holiday'" - Clyde

Personality: Clyde is a huge klutz, he always is stumbling around, being nice, and falling into things. Despite his little mini adventures of falling around and knocking over things, he always has fun and is really easy to talk to. He loves a lot of things and is always kind to everyone. He especially likes humans since they give him way too many sugar cubes. He doesn't have a mate yet but hopes to have a loving one in the future. He's quite gentle as well. He's very sympathetic and usually is the one who gives advice to others. He is very humble and hard working, and shall be there for you no matter what.( If i get him and you have some other horses, pm me because i'd love to do a 1x1 roleplay with our characters)

History/Background:
Clyde was born into the stables and raised there since he was a foal by humans, they never really hurt him and he would give rides to the children and was a huge favorite in the barn, they gave him sweets and he doesn't have any bad experiences with them, except he's still scared of the dreaded whip that has never been used on him, he thinks its far to creepy. As he grew older, he started doing sleigh rides and always loved sticking his head out of his stall in the barn to feel fluffy snow or autumn leaves blowing down at him in the holidays.
Currently, Clyde is enjoying life at the same stables and the same straw. He has participated in even more activities and recently won a few medals in a dressage and sleigh racing competition. He hopes to be adopted from the adoption agency soon.

- Other information - Going Further -

-nice horses
- most foods
-sleeping
-participating in slow sleigh rides around Christmas time
- sugar cubes ("oh the deliciousness" - Clyde)
- apples
-sweets
-reindeer - they have always captivated him and he believes in Santa Clause, claiming to see them both once a year
-carrots
-doing nothing
- impressing others
-horses who are brave
-snow
-summer and fall, he likes the different smells and tastes
-hay
-wearing his 'reindeer antlers' during the holidays, it makes him feel like he's a reindeer ( gosh he loves reindeer)
-the colors blue , red, yellow and brown
-looking and wishing on stars
-small children
-stuffed animals
-birds

Dislikes:
-mixed oats, they gave him an awful stomach ache once and he refuses to eat them again in fear of stomach pains
-whips, although they've never been used on him
-heavy reins, but he will put up with them (only during the holidays)

Theme songs:
-"Walking In A Winter Wonderland" by Richard B Smith, composed by Felix Bernard
-"Landslide" by Stevie Nicks with Lindsey Buckingham

Strengths:
-pulling sleighs
-giving horse rides
-talking to others
-telling holiday themed stories
-helping others

Weaknesses:
-His clumsy-ness in a way, but he doesn't consider it a weakness
-far too trusting
-slightly weak willed

Favorite Treats:
-Sugar cubes
-Apples and Hay

Favorite quotes from him:
"I like my friends and my family. I like the way my mane feels in the wind, and I will never give these feelings away" - Clyde
"Treat others the way you want to be treated and you will end up being cherished even more" - Clyde
"Live life with love" - Clyde

Hobby's:
-giving horse rides
-racing
-sleeping
-looking around for reindeer and Santa Clause on Christmas Eve
-making others smile and feel happy

Physical Details:
- 17.5 hands high
- around 900 - 1,500 pounds realistically
- is 18 years old
- has a muscular body as all draft breeds do
- chocolate brown eyes
- brown chestnut pelt, with light brown stockings and blaze

Favorite Holiday:
"Christmas of course, it's the best season in the world." - Clyde

Short story (by ME):

Clyde glanced around the area as he rode around pulling a small dusty brown carriage. It smelled of hickory trees all around and the ground was littered with fallen snow that was cold on his hooves. He nickered in happiness and surprise as a dainty snowflake landed softly on his nose. He flicked his head and almost knocked his reindeer headband off. Clyde gently kept trotting, before reaching the next turn. His red harness rocked slightly as he walked, he went back in the direction he came from, back to the barn. He passed a small little pony and neighed "See you back at the barn" kindly. Clyde winced as a small branch got caught in his mane, he snorted and backed up, almost tripping over something in return. Finally free, he cantered back to the barn, where he was unhooked from the carriage, and stood still while two small children hopped out. As the stable boys took off his head collar* , saddle and the rest of his tack he stood still.

They left his red harness and antlers on as usual and later when he stood back at his stall, all the other horses had gathered. He listened to the normal chit-chatter about how their ride was, or about the new hay the stablemen had bought. "Hello" his friend said, pacing backwards into her stall. Clyde nickered softly "Hi!" he said, swishing his tail back and forth. "Finally, new food!" Clyde's stable-mate said, gladly eating some flakes of hay. Clyde smiled happily, his large body swayed back and forth in his large stall, which had recently been remodeled so he wouldn't knock over anything like in the past. It was a little chilly but Clyde was happy, today was December 22nd - his birthday and it was almost Christmas. He turned around to look through the window in his stall but ended up sprawled on the floor, to this the other horses paid no mind and Clyde was instantly back on his hooves in a couple of minutes.

He stared at the outside, with the playful snow clinging onto everything except the air, blanketing the world in a soft still silence. There was another whinny from across the room, and Clyde turned around to see a palomino foal staring back at him from another stall in the barn. "Hello there. I'm Clyde" he said as the foal replied "umm.. hi... I was wondering, could you help me with something?". "Of course" Clyde said, always eager to help despite his clumsiness. Clyde listened as the foal told her story and then gave some advice on what to do, after all, bad oats is no good matter.

Clyde glanced at the window again, the wind was howling outside, the snow was raving, and most of the barn animals were already asleep. Suddenly he heard a faint ring of jingle bells, that, for once, was not caused by him moving his harness. Eagerly he looked around, and saw a faint outline of a figure and reindeer flying away above in the clouds, as if practicing for some big journey. Clyde smiled, knowing instantly what he thought it was.

-- The End --

Art:

- a quick sketch of the comission by 'Queen Of CS'

- a gorgeous picture by PFDC
(smaller version can be seen here - http://torakspackbrother.deviantart.com ... -417022834 )

- finished commission by 'Queen Of CS'

- an art animation by me (sorry not the best XD I tried, hope you like it.)

christmasyo

Thank you for the opportunity to adopt this handsome draft horse - Clyde <3

note: * quotes comes from this page - http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/clyde

Also, special thanks to the C.S user 'PFDC' for giving me some
tips and critique on my form to make it even better - I appreciate
it so much! And a big thank you to all the users who did art for me!!!
Last edited by Kaitlynizer on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:53 am, edited 33 times in total.

stay safe y'all

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
jbd's
kalons
characters
signature art by birdseedy
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Kaitlynizer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marballo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:05 am

╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝

-Me-

My username is *Blue_River*, but you can call me Blue, or River.
Anything works, really. I would also love to adopt the twins from
kennel number
23. They're absolutely adorable, and I'd just love
to have them as characters to make stories around.

- About the character -

Key: " " indicates Torch is speaking, ' ' indicates Compass is speaking.

"My name's Torch, and this is my sister, Compass. I'm male, obviously-"
'And I'm offended you even had to ask. I'm obviously a female. But, I
guess I can forgive you. We're both purebred wolves.'

Compass- Compass is a lot like her mom. She's determined, adventurous,
but mostly at one with nature. She loves being out in wild, and is very
distrustful of humans. She's very smart as well, and loves to hang out and
play with her brother.

Torch- Torch loves to hunt with his sister, and stay in the wold as well.
He's very protective of his sister, being the oldest by two minutes, and
loves to tease her. He can also be very curious, maybe even too curious,
but he's also smart.

"I don't remember too much of our history, we don't have that much anyways."
'I'm pretty sure we were separated from our parents when we were younger,
though I only remember us fending for ourselves, yet having a great time.'
"But once, when we ventured too far from the forest, Compass was shot in the
leg with some sort of arrow. When we got away, I realized it wasn't that bad.
I healed her up." 'But you can bet on the fact we never went near humans again.'

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

Username:
Kennel Number:
Use:
- About the character -
Name:
Personality:
History/Background:
- Other information -
Likes/dislikes/art, etc. [optional]:
christmasyo

WIP
My Characters
♡ SPN
♡ Doctor Who
♡ Marvel
♡ DreamWorks
♡ Pixar
My Bestie
♡ HTTYD
♡ Disney
♡ HP
♡ PJO
♡ Psych
Marballo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glass » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:24 am

I'll be going for 86, 244, 263, and 290 this round c:

Here's my form for 290.

Hello! My name is average I mean
Nia. It's, um, sort of weird to be talking
to you, you know, alone. I mean, I didn't
anything wrong, right? Did somebody say something
about me? Did I not do my job right? Oh no, I knew
coming in to work half an hour early was a bad idea!
I thought it would be helpful, but maybe my boss saw
me and thought I was a lunatic or something.
Oh no, maybe it's worse than that! Maybe I'm here
because I ate at Phillip's Seafood Buffet instead of
Frank's Pizza two years ago, and somebody saw me and
now....oh my gosh I think I'm hyperventilating, what did
I do why am I here please tell me!

welcome to the world of a worry-wart

Username: Glass
Kennel Number: 290
Use:
- About the character -
Name: Nia
Species and/or specific breed: Fox
Personality:
History/Background:
- Other information -
Likes/dislikes/art, etc. [optional]:
christmasyo
glass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DelightfulMelon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:51 am

Username:
*Watermelon Love*
Kennel Number:
30? Theres 2 pets in there
Lineart Link/Credits:
Lineart my Coal
New picture:
jinglebells

DA - Characters
PM me for commission info

Credit to all creators of art in my signature

DelightfulMelon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Symphony Character Adoption Agency ♫ - v.2 - Open!!

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:54 am

I  do  what  I  want  when  I  want...

and  nothing  is  going  to  stop  me!

The Basics wrote:Username: Katie Cat
Kennel Number: Kennel #21
Name: Checkers
Species/Breed: Timber wolf
╔════════════════════╗
....Don't  try  to  control  me,
........I'll  never be  tamed!

╚════════════════════╝

~Getting  Deeper~
Personality:
History/Background:
Art:

christmasyo
Last edited by P0CKETKNIFE on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:00 am

I have been alone for so long. Come T A K E me away.

ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ:
Hello! I'm Areater (I made the username when I was five, that is why it's so strange), and this is my first time applying for a Character from here! I'm usually not huge on characters, but he's just so beautiful, I couldn't resist. Also, I wanted to get a canine-based character to celebrate the fact that 41 dogs that would have been put down are going to get homes today! They were all really sweet dogs, and they completely deserve a home, so Tadpole/Toad can signify my happiness at knowing I helped save some of them c:
Some of his personality traits may relate to two of those dogs (Bella, a GSD/Cattle Dog mix, and Peter, a Cairn Terrier mix. Peter was adopted and Bella is in a home trial!)
To be truthful, I am surprised he hasn't been adopted yet. Simple characters on simple lines are being led out of their cages into new homes while Tadpole just sits here trying to shake away the dust from his beautiful markings. Yes, he's not exactly screaming SPARKLYDOG but that's not really the point, is it?
Wow that went past "username" after the first sentence.

ᴋᴇɴɴᴇʟ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ:
177 ;; One-Hundred Seventy Seven.
Seven's a lucky number, and double sevens can only mean this character is SPECIALUZ. And one is awesome, too. How doesn't love being first? Add 'em together and you have the most wonderful cage number ever.
that cage better be roomy and cozy

ᴜsᴇ:
If my computer supported Java, or I was actually good at art, I would spend hours at a time drawing this little fellow and showing him off. Sadly, that's not the case, and besides, his design fits the lineart beautifully. I will certainly be ordering art of him, though, but I'll likely keep this piece of art as his main art. Even if it's just a color-in, I think his gorgeous design looks absolutely impeccable on this lineart. So, that's one use: Ordering Art to show off. But that's not much, is it?
Well, recently, I wrote a story for a class assignment. But I actually really liked the plot. So I'm expanding it, adding things, and putting a lot of thought into it. Then I'll post it on here. I think that this little guy here would make a great addition to the story! It's based on humans, but there are also animal characters, and I've already got ideas spinning in my head. So there's my second use: Putting in a Story.
My last use is roleplaying. I love roleplaying, but I haven't done any character roleplays. I've done a bunch of random ones, but never any with an actual character. I've tried getting a JBD, JMD, or Mutato, but I haven't been able to get any. If I get this guy here, though, I would love to use him in a roleplay! I have a really good friend who makes characters all the time, and I'm sure she would love to roleplay him with me.

ღღ Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ღღ
ɴᴀᴍᴇ:
His given name was Toad. Truthfully, I'm not quite sure that fits him. Yes, it could work, but I think his previous name ("Tadpole") actually fits better. I'm not sure why, but Tadpole just sounds much more him. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to change his name back to Tadpole. If you don't agree, though, I'm fine with Toad.
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ:
♂ Tadpole is a male and proud of it! ♂
sᴘᴇᴄɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ sᴘᴇᴄɪғɪᴄ ʙʀᴇᴇᴅ:
Tadpole is a grey wolf. He just turned out a little more colorful. He was born with those markings, as while his mother was a plain grey wolf with some dark patching around her eyes, his father was white with grey spotting and raspberry markings scattered about his fur. While his siblings turned out more like their mother, he and one of his brothers turned out more like their father. Flurry had a dark red coat with a grey-and-white face.
ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ:
Tadpole is rather shy and to himself when you first meet him. He's not aggressive, though. If you stroke him, he'll let you, he just might seem a little nervous. He quickly warms up to people, though. And once he does, it's like you've known him for years, and you're his best friend for life. He'll jump up on you, give you kisses, and curl up on your lap. He doesn't seem to realize he's large and heavy - he just wants to be a sweet little lap-wolf. He has big-dog (or rather, wolf) syndrome! You could easily mistake him for a household dog if it wasn't for his large size.
When anybody he cares about is threatened, be warned - he could turn from a gentle, happy-go-lucky household pet to a snarling, raging wolf. It doesn't take much to calm him down again, but he is a very effective guard dog if he has to be. Don't worry, though - he won't try to murder the pizza delivery guy. Unless there actually seems to be a threat to somebody else, or his owner/friend seems distressed at their presence, he won't do more than growl.
When it comes to other canines, Tadpole has a low tolerance level, surprisingly. Barking upsets him, and he might snap or howl very loudly if he is confronted by a yappy dog. He also doesn't seem to understand that tiny dogs are smaller than him - multiple times he has nearly crushed young or small dogs because he didn't seem to realize that they weren't to be roughhoused with. This is strange, because he is usually very gentle with other animals, but with dogs he just seems to lose that "I wouldn't hurt a fly" trait, even if it usually isn't on purpose.
He never really meant to, though - they were just so small and fluffy! He had to jump 'em! That's how he thinks, anyways. His best companion dog would be a German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Boxer, or some other large dog that could take a bit of rough play.
He really likes to swim. He loves jumping into puddles, ponds, oceans, pools - anywhere wet, really! He likes the dampness on his fur and the feeling of cutting through the cool, relieving blue. He also likes seeing cute little sea critters. He'll swim after schools of minnows as long as he can, but he wouldn't dream of hurting them. He's very gentle, and he avoids stepping on or running into anything. Truthfully, he's the best friend everybody dreams of -- just furry!

ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ/ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ:
(From Tadpole's point of view.)
I was huddled in a cage, alone. I was trembling hard from the cold, as the other puppies were hogging the blanket. They had taken mom away, and I was scared. What if they took me away, too?
I'm not sure how we got here. We had been with mom, simply wolves living in the wild. But all too soon they had taken mother, dragging her away. Dad ditched us, leaving us alone in the wilderness to fend for ourselves. He never came back. Soon after this they found us, and we were taken to the cold cages too. For a while we were kept with mom, but then she was separated from us. Had they hurt her? I hoped not.
Letting out a small cry, I quickly quieted as a girl walked past. She began to point at me and I whined, traveling timidly towards her. She began to stroke me gently, scratching me behind the ear. I couldn't help but let out a small noise of content. Her touch was soft, and warm. She began to talk with the people who had taken mother away, and then suddenly I was being scooped up, a blue thing being placed over my neck.
Naturally, I panicked. They were going to choke me! Kicking wildly, I let out a panicked yelp, but then they took the thing off and I relaxed. The girl took me in her arms and I stayed there, burrowed in the warmth of her skin. I could hear them talking, but I had no idea what gibberish they were speaking. "He's not a dog, mind you. He's a wolf; he might be violent. If he's too wild, you may have to put him down, or he'll hurt somebody. I don't know why they bothered bringing them here; heck, it's probably illegal. They should have been left alone. But, hey, what do I know?" Soon I had fallen asleep in the girl's arms, my worries forgotten.
When I woke up I was sitting in a little bed. Stretching, I padded around the warm thing, looking for the girl who had saved me. I didn't have to go far. She began to pet me again, and I shrank back, but soon I licked her hand gingerly. She smiled at me and sat back to watch. But I wanted her. So I shakily walked over to her and hopped into her lap. Hello!

I lived for many years with her. She called me Tadpole, but when I got older, the name was shed. For a while I was confused, but then I realized she had re-named me. Toad. I liked that name. She would take me to the local ponds and I would splash around, getting plants stuck in my fur. I thought green and brown looked good on me, though. After a while, though, the girl got sad. She moped around, and began to avoid me, though I could tell she wanted to offer me love. I was confused, and then all too fast they were leaving. Driving away, leaving me back at the place I had started.
But, no, I was wrong. Because it wasn't cold or dark here. I wasn't kept alone and sad. They played with me, fed me plenty, gave me TLC. But I wanted my girl back; they didn't spend enough time with me. There were too many other critters who needed attention, and I was left alone on the cold stone of the ground for hours before anybody realized I didn't have a blanket, or that I was desperately wanting some play time or love. Eventually, I found them making more kennels, and after a while there were hundreds of homeless animals. When I peeked out through my kennel, I saw the cage across from me was "178." Was I that far back? Surely nobody would want to come back so far to adopt us. And we got much less playtime. I spent my days sprawled out on the floor, wishing that somebody would come save me. After a few months, I had given up hope. A couple people expressed minimal interest, but then changed their minds.
Then, one day, another girl came. She kneeled down in front of my cage and looked me in the eyes. I shrank back, but she stuck her fingers through the bars, and I slowly moved forward and licked them. They tasted like salt and grease. With a smile, she scratched me behind the ears, and for a moment I felt safe. Then she stood up and walked away. Goodbye.. I silently whispered after her. But then she came back! They put a circular object around my neck and I rejected, but with a lot of sweet-talking I let them, though I was bitter. Then they clipped something long and bendy to it and handed the long thing to the girl who had pet me. She took me home and took off the thing around my neck before sitting down on the ground and beginning to stroke me, offering her love. But after the long months of loneliness, love wasn't what I remembered most. I remembered my girl betraying me. So I kept my distance. For a while, anyways. Soon I began to get used to her, offering minimal trust. Although she wasn't my girl, after a while she began to become just that! She played with me, let me splash around in puddles and lakes, and curled up with me after a long day of play. And she didn't ever give me back to the lonely kennels.
As if she knew my original name, she called me Tadpole, though I suspect it was because I tried to play with the tadpole her sister was keeping as a pet.
Unlike the real tadpole, though, I wasn't a pet. I was a companion.

ღღ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ღღ
ʟɪᴋᴇs (ʀᴇᴅ) ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsʟɪᴋᴇs (ʙʟᴜᴇ):

My first bad memory was the cold. It's horrible! It's like freezing tendrils of air that you can't swat away, and I can't stand it. I much prefer sunshine and warmth.
My most favorite thing in the world is swimming and water! I love to splash around and explore, and I can hold my breath for almost two minutes! Another thing I like is Mr. Chicken. He squeaks! And then I get to grab him, shake him, and bring him back to my owner. She's always thrilled, and it makes me feel so happy!
I also have a friend. My new girl has a sister, and she owns tadpoles, and also Snuffles! Snuffles is a fluffy cat that purrs a lot and wraps around my legs. He's kind of annoying, but he's also really warm, and a nice cuddle partner, so I allow it. Now, onto some more things I don't like. Restraining Devices! I always get upset when they try to put something around my neck, or put me in a cage. I want to be free, not contained!
Hm, what else? Oh yeah; Cora and her owner! Cora's a big black dog, but I'm still bigger than her. Still, she always barks at me and tries to bite me as if she's the alpha, and her bratty owner always yells at me to shut up! I'm just defending myself, but because I'm not a dog, he automatically assumes I'm bad. In fact, I think he wants to send me away. He's always watching, as if waiting for me to slip up. Ugh, I hate him, and his annoying mutt too. The only other things I don't like are thorns. They prick my paws and make them hurt badly, and they're everywhere! Ouch..

---

sᴏᴀᴋᴇᴅ (sʜᴏʀᴛ sᴛᴏʀʏ):
{{ Note: This happens while Tadpole is with his first owner, and he is still a puppy. }}

"Come on, Tadpole, we're going to the lake!" Naturally, I had no idea what she was saying, but she seemed pretty excited, so I wagged my tail in response. She gestured with a hand to follow, but I hesitated, unsure. Then curiosity got the best of me. I ran after her, outside, where she was waiting for me. Cora began to bark loudly as she saw me and her owner, appearing at exactly the wrong moment, began to shout until my girl put something around my neck. I tried to skirt away, but she was firm as she attached a long piece of material to it. I was mopey until we got in the big machine, because then she took them off and pet me until I couldn't be mad anymore. On the way to the "lake" - was that what she had called it? It sounds like cake..I like cake. - she continued to pet me and chatter on excitedly. When we finally got here, she led me out, but she had to put the..things..on again. I was bitter, but I let her. Then she began to lead me towards a large, brown-ish expanse, with little creatures playing around underneath. I instantly sank my paws into the mud and stubbornly refused. My girl tugged gently on my leash. I was usually more docile and friendly, but I growled lowly. I wasn't letting her to take me anywhere near the strange expanse. "It's the lake, Tadpole. That's all," she soothed, but all I heard was my name. Hesitating, I skirted closer and placed a paw on it. And it went straight through into the cold depths below! Yelping in surprise, I withdrew. I could faintly hear my girl giggling. She had known. Slinking to her side, I tugged at the long piece of material, trying to get her to lead me away. But she just pulled me towards it again, until I had no choice but to submerge myself!

And it was cold. I splashed around, scattering all the little creatures, and my girl sighed before releasing my leash. I tried to get to land, but I realized that I couldn't touch the bottom, so I couldn't run! But, when I tried to run, I moved, even if only slowly. I began to mimic some dogs swimming a ways away, and I realized I could do it! And the cold stuff was actually soothing compared to the heat of the sun that had been beating on my fur all day. Ducking underneath, I found it to be serene, and I stayed under until I realized I couldn't breathe. That's when I surfaced, took a breath, and then began to swim around. My fur was reluctant and pushed against the water, but I didn't let that slow me down, and I spent the rest of the day having the most fun of my life. When it was time to go home, I knew that no matter what happened, there was still peace somewhere. And that was where the water was.

Thank you so much for the chance to win this beautiful boy! <3
Note: Oekaki/other art programs and fontmeme don't work on my chromebook, so I'm sorry that I don't have any art (I don't believe in having other people do work for other people's adoptables, which I why I didn't order any) or fancy fonts in my form. /hits fontmeme with stick

christmasyo
Last edited by Areater on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x