( one hundred scenes ━━ )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

( one hundred scenes ━━ )

Postby clarke, » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 am

━━━━ there is always more than what you see.

please do not post unless you are me.

the first ten prompts i'm selecting.
      ━ prompt one: "don't tell me you haven't thought it." ✔
      in↳ diamond and atohl.

━ prompt two: "they're dead, okay? gone!" ✔
      in↳ soncha, lincoln, lila.

━ prompt three: "i loved you... but now i'm not sure..."

━ prompt four: "why are you always in the middle of it?" ✔
      in↳ niylah, skai, waverly, diamond.

━ prompt five: "i wish i had chosen a different path."

━ prompt six: "i never betrayed who i am." ✔
      in↳ luna and ontari.

━ prompt seven: describe a young member's first love.

━ prompt eight: the first time the healer failed to save a member.

━ prompt nine: describe how your group handles sickness.

━ prompt ten: describe what your group felt after a death.
Last edited by clarke, on Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( don't tell me you haven't thought it. ━━ )

Postby clarke, » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:28 am

prompt one.
indshe was sick; emotionally, and somehow physically, like her broken heart was enough to invoke physical pain beyond her mental prison. the siamese glanced up, her blue eyes blazing like fire but searing like ice. her stomach had swollen to twice its size, with kits carried by a father who did not want them. it was hard for her to look at her last three litters and not see heartache: especially in those that looked so much like their father. at the thought of her old mate, her stomach heaved and she threw up the meal she had eaten earlier. i don't want you. she wailed to the kits inside her stomach. she looked up, appalled to see king atohl with a look of displeasure across his face.
"don't give me your moral compass now, atohl." she spat, her ears pressing against her skulls illuminating her moon-round eyes. "queen nia would have my head if she found out about us. this is the only solution. and don't try to tell me you haven't thought it."
"pretend the kits are your mate's-" atohl winced away as diamond scored his cheek with her claws.
"i have no mate, you insensitive half-breed." she snapped, receding into the cave further, wallowing in her pain.
"he made a mistake, and so did you. the scoreboard is even. have him raise these kits, and fall back in love, diamond. you cannot hide in this cave and keep your pregnancy a secret. half of polis knows you're pregnant." he paused, stepping toward diamond and tracing his tail across her jaw gently. "nia will expect kits when she comes home, and so will octavia. hiding your kits and ridding of them is not a solution, it's a cobweb on a situation that could erupt into a civil war."
the queen was silent for a moment, brooding in the possibilities. her heart throbbed at atohl's gentle touch, and for a moment her vision blurred and she was looking into luxx's eyes. she let out a wrenching wail and collapsed to the ground, sobbing over and over again, "i don't know who i am anymore." she felt atohl's stature curl around her, but didn't feel it at the same time: it was an emptiness she could describe. being alone with another cat right there, and suffocating surrounded by air. "i'm lost without him." she moaned, her muzzle and whisker trembling against atohl's cheek. "what can i do? what can i do?" her breaths became ragged and her joints stiffened as she focused on the king's kind eyes; trying to drown herself in the emotions she felt when they conceived a litter of kits, but her mind was already plugged full of luxx. the love of her life, the only cat that mattered to her: and somehow she had not been enough for him. "i'm not enough, oh pramheda i'm not enough..." until sundown, and maybe even sometime after, the blonde king sat comforting the queen that would never be his; though he so desperately wished it. and for a moment, he felt a violent insinuation towards the tom that had broken diamond. if not for the alliance...

527 words
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( they're dead, okay? gone! ━━ )

Postby clarke, » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:18 am

prompt two.
silence. she feared it more than she feared death, torture, or heartbreak. silence created a void she could not fill, and silence made a way for her to begin to think about everything she had ever done wrong. it was silent after he died: the clamor and caterwaul of her clan-mates attacking a predator became a thrum inside her ear as she watched his lifeless body collapse to the ground. "artigus!" she screeched, but no one heard her. no one suffered the way she did: no one cared that he had lost his life in a pointless battle. it was glorious, a true warriors death: but the way his red fur was stained crimson and the way his eyes were hollow and lifeless was not glory. it was pain and it was silence: the world's noise seemed to shatter and suddenly, nothing mattered to soncha except that she would never hear his meow again, and he would never see his kits become warriors: and he would never ever be able to climb a mountain and see a sunset ever again.

when the battle had ended, osias had also died. soncha helped carry her mate back to camp, numbly treading along with little life in her steps. the grief was only so horrible; but then it was suddenly worse as lincoln's tiny head appeared from the second's den. "mother!" he called out, his voice cracking as he laid eyes on the broken red warrior. "is father okay?" he asked, gently touching his nose to artigus' cheek. "why isn't he waking up? mother?"
"he's dead, okay? gone! you'll never see him again!" she hissed, pushing her kit away from her mate's dead body and sheltering it with her own. blood smeared across her white pelt as she growled at anyone who attempted to come close to her mate. they did this to you, artigus. they killed you. i'll never forgive them. the camp watched sadly, though many were rejoicing their victories. they would come home to their families, but osias and artigus never would. lila grieved alongside soncha, the two she-cats vehemently chasing away any cat brave enough to come near their bodies. by the time the sun set, queen nia padded out of her den and looked down at the two grieving she-cats and their dead mates.
"we must bury them so that pramheda may bring their souls to hunt among the stars. this is not the right way." she meowed, causing soncha to lash out with an angry slash of her claws. behind queen nia, atohl leapt in front of his queen and snarled at the grieving soncha.
"you dare attack your queen?" he hissed, tail lashing wildly at he fought the urge to rip the fur from her pelt. queen nia brushed the blood off her cheek with a paw and touched her tail to atohl.
"allow her more time to grieve. she does not need to be punished for this." queen nia paused, before lifting her voice to be heard. "these two she-cats are to be left alone until they are ready for burial. tradition waits for grief." with that, she gently touched her tail to lila, then to soncha, and left the four bodies in the middle of camp. in that moment, all of the bodies were dead, even the two queens that had survived the battle.

560 words
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( i never betrayed who i am ━━ )

Postby clarke, » Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am

prompt six.
it was quiet for a long time, as though the two mollies could not figure out what to say to one another. the news had surprised ontari, but it had broken luna. though the commander felt the loss heavily, there was nothing she would do, if it would not risk the end of her people. ontari gazed over the mountain horizon, her view obscured by luna's vehement glare. "what?" she meowed, smiling weakly as luna's expression became puzzled. "if you have something to say, just say it."
"you're to be mated off?" she began, her muzzle tilted downward as she worked to understand the meaning of ontari's actions.
"yes, and that was always the intention. my mother-"
"your mother has no say over your actions anymore, ontari! don't use her to hide behind your actions." luna snapped, pacing around the tower balcony.
"you're right, luna, she doesn't. but she is my mother, and i want to please her." the other molly replied calmly, her eyes glazed with sadness.
"when you hid in your conclave until the final victor remained, and when you let skairipa kill lexa, you didn't do those things because you were a coward. you did them because you wanted to survive. this is the first time i ever thought you to be a coward." luna hissed at the commander as she drew closer in an attempt to comfort the grieving luna. at the rejection, ontari grew angry.
"i never betrayed who i am!" she snapped, her breaths coming in short and heavy. "you have no idea what this has done to me! what you have." she lowered her voice, the heda looking into luna's icy furnace of eyes. "i would rather live a thousand lifetimes with a loveless mate than to spend one with you and lose you. hodnes laik kwelnes."
"so you too believe that because i fled the conclave, i betrayed the blood. i'm not surprised, heda. you are just like the rest of them." luna turned around and made her way to the winding steps. "but you're wrong ontari, you are betraying who you are. pretending you care for a tom when you do not prefer them, pretending you don't feel emotions when you love me, and pretending you never once questioned how two non-natblidas could produce a child of the blood. i don't care how many clans you rule over, you are not the cat i thought you were."
"tell me, luna, would you risk your own death for happiness? for love? would you risk the acceptance and respect of your people, for the one you love?" ontari asked, her shoulders slumped and eyes dull.
"i already did." luna murmured softly, receding into her memories of floukru.
"that's the difference between you and me. i would sacrifice everything for my people, if it meant them surviving. i would even sacrifice you." ontari sighed softly, closing her eyes and allowing the breeze to command her for a moment. "without me to keep them from a war, they would kill themselves chasing after battles that need not to be had. don't ask me to choose between you and my people, luna. they would never accept a floukru outcast as a mate for an azgeda commander."

535 words
Last edited by clarke, on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( why are you always in the middle of it? ━━ )

Postby clarke, » Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am

prompt four.
niylah could feel the tiny kit squirming, which was a good sign. had she not been, she might have been worried for the little tortoiseshell. the healer had no idea how she was going to explain this to skai: her mate was loyal and kind and intelligent, everything that niylah strived to be, but she was also not gullible. the rest of the clan may have believed nia was away speaking with their ancestors in the mountain because they never once questioned her loyalty: but skai had, and was always looking for a reason queen nia should not be the queen. she padded up the winding steps, leaping across a gap in the stone stairs. she ducked underneath a collasped arch and emerged through vines, revealing the sheltered room where her clan often shared tongues at. queen nia looked up abruptly, a inauthentic expression of surprise. thankfully, the evening patrol had left, skairipa with them. she would not have to fight that battle right now. niylah placed the kitten at her paws. “this is my kit. she was born a few days ago, which is why i’ve been absent. i wanted to keep my pregnancy a secret, because i was sure i would lose the kits during this harsh winter, and my milk never came...”
“as long as she is yours and has azgeda blood, she may stay. diamond, if willing, may nurse her.” queen nia meowed, flicking her tail to dismiss the crowd forming around niylah. the healer ducked away and entered the ruins that made up her den. there were many holes in the back wall, perfect for storing herbs. she nosed the cold kitten and sighed softly, looking up as the den rustled. diamond padded in, her eyes softening as she looked at niylah.
“i remember my first litter, too.” she breathed, cooing over the tiny kit.
“i would like you to nurse her, with gem. but you’d have to stay in here with skairipa and i, because i want to be near her. i have to check her breathing and her-” niylah fretted, wondering what amount of trouble she’d be in if queen nia’s kit died.
“of course. skai is like gem’s sister, i raised skai as my own after her mother and father abandoned them. i would love to spend more time with her, and her mate.” diamond purred, touching her nose to niylah’s ear. “but how did this kitten come to be, if you and skai are mates?”
“she doesn’t know that i had a surrogate father-” she trailed off, looking down at her paws.
“i’ll go get gem and you can talk to skai.” diamond meowed, exiting the den swiftly. niylah curled around the tortoiseshell, licking her fur the opposite direction, to keep her warm.
“i promise your life will not always be confusing, little princess. i will be the best mother i can be, and so will skai. you’re strong, just like my mother was. how about i name you after her, huh?” niylah purred, her eyes warm. “waverly.”
-

“who is she?” skai entered the den, her eyes narrowed as they landed on waverly.
“this is… our daughter, waverly.” niylah meowed, offering a small smile, nuzzling closer to waverly.
“i suppose you mean nia’s daughter, right? and we’re just supposed to raise her?” the lynx point feline muttered, leaning in to lick niylah’s head, her eyes suspiciously watching the helpless kit. "why are you always in the middle of it?"
“i don’t-” niylah started, but stopped when skai glared at her pointedly.
“of course i’ll raise her with you, niylah. but when queen nia decides she wants her back, it will break your heart. you must remember that she isn’t yours.” skai reasoned, curling around her mate, a sigh exited her muzzle.
“the kit isn’t the king’s. i don’t think she’ll ever want her back.” niylah murmured, her eyes filled with love as she gazed at her mate. “i’ll be back, i have to fetch diamond to nurse her.”
“i’ll be here, niy. right in the middle of this.”

678 words
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me