Rise 0492 | Arika

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Rise 0492 | Arika

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:11 am

[img]artwillbegoinghereartwill[/img]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Username:
Dimi.

Name(s):
Arika - Water lily.

Senior Warrior

Clan:
Silentclan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[img]artwillbegoinghereartwill[/img]

To Do List:
      Background of Name (Post One) [x]
      Personality Traits (Post Two) [x]
      Personality (Post Two) [x]
      History (Post Three) [x]
      Relationships (Post Four) [ ]
      Likes & Dislikes (Post Five) [x]
      Playlist (Post Six) [x]
Last edited by dimi. on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | Name Background

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:26 am

Arika's name originates from her time within a group of rogues. It wasn't a group, rather a secret pact to protect one another and give food to one another when in need with no particular origin. Entrees into this pact were given a different name upon entry, based on the first thing that the cat naming the newcomer saw. At the time of Arika's entry, they stood beside a pond, the water clear, and shallow enough to see the stones that littered the bottom. A single lily pad floated out from beneath the stones, and the cat turned back to Arika, bestowing upon her the name "Arika", a name that cat only knew due to their kittypet history. The name translates to "water lily", so it technically still met the criteria.

I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | Personality

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:44 am

[+ traits: Confident, Observant | = traits: Efficient memory, rarely shows emotions. | - traits: Cynical, Unforgiving]

Arika is an odd individual. She is quiet for the most part, but when she wants to be loud, she makes it clear that she needs to be listened to, and her opinions easily sway those around her, solely out of fright and confusion of who Arika is. Arika typically doesn't get involved in anything unless she knows every single detail of the task at hand, even for simple things like hunting, Arika goes over board and plans the entire hunt, usually calculating an average of how many of each prey would likely be in the forest based on previous seasons. She never grazes over even a single detail, and if she does, she beats herself up over it silently.

While Arika is a perfectionist, there is one thing about her that may scare others away. Arika lacks any sort of emotion. Crafted to be an emotionless cat by her past, she has learned to discipline herself and make sure that she has no emotional connections, no regret, and no emotions in general, as she believes that they are a nuisance and will only hold her back from performing to the best of her ability. It is unknown if there are others that Arika interacts with normally.

[/quote]

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | History

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:39 am

Arika started as a kittypet. She was born into her household, along with six others, a reasonably large litter for a female cat. Surprisingly, the two-leg decided to manage all seven of the cats, and did so successfully. The cats lived in luxury, given dispensers crafted to feed them at specific times, a large playroom where they could see the outdoors from cat scattered cat trees and scratch posts. Although, this all abruptly came to an end during a cooking incident. Their two-leg set the house ablaze, and all seven of the cats were sent running for the hills, separated from their owner.

At this point, the kittens were only six moons old, essentially of apprentice age. They stayed in a group, and eventually reached a forest just a couple miles outside of the two-leg city raving with activity day and night. They entered the forest, and just days after entering, a rogue pack found them, and offered them a place to live, a place where they could be fed and safe. The only requirement was that the six apprentices, including Arika, were willing to be trained. The mother couldn't pass up this offer, and soon all seven of the cats were a member of this rogue pack. At this point, Arika was named Patches, due to the black and white pattern that seemed inconsistent on her fur.

The training was brutal, but all six of the kittens were trained be efficient warriors; ones crafted by skill to kill anyone in their paths. Arika, however, did not enjoy this pack, and was very, very afraid. At this point, her mother had already become very involved with another warrior, and often neglected her children. Arika set out to find a way to get them all expelled from the clan. So she set out on this mission. She briefly went missing, seeking out a nearby pack that she had heard stories about. They rivaled the pack her mother was in, and she crept forward, her claws remaining sheathed. She peered around, and saw a broad shouldered tom leap down from a rock above, holding back a squeak of fear.

"You reek of the scent of those pathetic Nightroamers. What are you doing in here?" The tom hissed out, his claws unsheathed on the defense. Arika sat on her haunches, making sure her front paws were lifted off the ground slightly, pointed forward so he could see that her claws were unsheathed.

"No, please, no need to act so rash. I do not enjoy being with the Nightroamers, and I was wondering if you could help me out. How about I tell you some of their secret entrances? You can host an ambush, I can tell them my family members and I gave you the secret entrances, and we all get kicked out of the pack, how about that? You get to attack them, and you'll be making them seven numbers weaker without even attacking in the first place." The tom looked at Arika, tilted his head to the side, then returned to it's original position, nodding briefly.

"Alright. The ambush will take place tomorrow evening. Be there."

------

Cries of fear and agony rang throughout the camp, and Arika along with all her family members were cowering in the back of the warriors den. The mother held them close, despite them all being full grown at this point. The tom Arika had conversed with to craft this master plan peered inside the den, smirked at Arika, and continued to walk by. The sounds continued outside the den for several minutes until the battle ceased with a loud "retreat!". When Arika emerged from the den, the pelts of the cats who had fought were matted with blood, one laying on the ground gasping for air desperately.

The leader then called a meeting, standing on a fallen tree. He yelled out in anger, his pupils in slits as he grew more and more frustrated. "There is a traitor among us. They accessed entrances that only we know about. Whoever did this, come forward now, and we will spare your life with an exile. Otherwise, we'll make all of you train so vigorously, you reach your breaking point!" A moment of silence was shared, and Arika stepped forward.

"We did it." Arika said, turning back to her family members, which were standing behind her. They looked bewildered and shook their heads. Arika looked at them and smirked. "You guys really want to stay in this stupid place?!"

Her mother eyed Arika, her eyes wide in fear, and damp with tears. She nodded, and her siblings began to back up further in the crowd, essentially disowning Arika. Arika's entire body tensed, a feeling of betrayal overwhelming her as her paws took her out of the camp, running at a swift pace. Tears flung behind her, ripped from her eyes by the wind as she ran.

-----

Twenty moons had passed. Arika, now skinny, frail, and malnourished, lay in the dark, beneath a hollowed out tree. She looked outside, the day was gloomy, the sky painted gray as the heavens cried, rain pounding against the ground. She knew she was doomed to die; she hadn't eaten in days, the only water she had being rain droplets which occasionally hit her tongue. She shut her eyes, awaiting her fate in silence.

That was until paws thumping in front of her scared her awake, resulting in her sitting up and backing up further into the tree. The figure was starry, glowing vibrantly. Arika didn't believe in Starclan, yet it seemed they hadn't abandoned her. The figure was about Arika's size, looking at her in the eyes.

"My beloved daughter.." The voice started, airy and soothing to the ears. Arika's ears went back, her eyes wide. She had never known her father, and didn't even know if the tom was actually her dad, but she continued to listen. "You did the right thing. Your mother was never loyal to anyone, even of her own blood. Fear not, soon enough you will find yet another home. For now, get up and head forward. There is someone waiting for you." The starry image faded.

------

"You're telling me my father was one of you?" Arika asked in pure confusion as she gazed at the nameless ebony tom before her.

"Yes. But don't take that the wrong way, my dear. This is not another rogue pack. It is simply a pact, a silent one that is in effect constantly. You may leave whenever without consequence. All we ask is that if you see another cat in trouble, help them. And in return, others will help you. We are all still loners, but we are living in unity." The ebony tom glanced to the right, then bowed his head towards a river. "Regarding your name, however. Your name is now Arika. It was the name of your father's kittypet sister, it means "water lily"." The tom pointed his paw forward towards a lily pad that floated down the pond nearby. Arika nodded, accepting her new name as the tom bid a farewell, and ran off.

------

The pact had ultimately only helped Arika get food. She had began to seek out a place that she could actually call home. She had ended up several miles away from her previous location, and stood in plain comprised of soft yellow grass. She looked around, finding nothing of value as she pressed forward, sighing softly. She froze up when she saw a patch of trees, along with a cream she-cat rubbing her pelt along the side of one of the trees. She locked eyes with the cream she-cat, and hesitantly walked forward. She didn't want to be betrayed again.

-------

She stood before the cream she-cat now, silence shared between the two of them. The silence was cracked by the she-cat, who spoke softly. "Who are you?"

"I'm Arika. Are you a clan cat?" She asked, her voice dull, only a hint of curiosity present. The cream she-cat nodded, eyeing the cats pelt.

"You're a loner, yes? Why have you strayed so far out here?" She leaned back, taking a seat on her haunches, tilting her head down for Arika to do the same.

"I need a home. I've been bouncing around since I was six moons old, and I'm tired of it. I've trained with a rogue pack, I have skill. I will do what you want, so long as I can have a home within your clan." Arika bowed her head in respect, and forced an awkward smile.

"Very well, Arika. My name is Amberstar, and I am leader of Silentclan. We live in this forest alone, there is no need to worry about being kidnapped, stolen, or attacked by a loner. Please, come with me." Amberstar turned, guiding Arika into the forest.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | Relationships

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 am

[/size]

Amberstar - Friend
Arika believes that she owes her last breath to Amberstar, as Silentclan was most likely the very last
chance she was going to be granted to find a place to live and call home. While the two struggle to
maintain conversation, as Arika isn't easily intrigued, the two of them still consider one another
friends, and Arika is undeniably loyal to her.

Brindleleaf - Best Friend
Brindleleaf is most likely the only cat in existence who has seen Arika laugh beyond her youthful
age. Because both of them are introverts and don't talk to others much, they get along quite well,
and when one of them isn't alone, they are usually with or around the other. The two talk frequently,
and it's been rumored in Silentclan that they may perhaps have a romantic interest in one another.
Is this true? Who knows.

Thunderstar - Friend - Owned by Chimericect
Arika used to be easily startled by Thunderstar's presence. She is a loud and bubbly she-cat,
which isn't a bad thing, but it's difficult for Arika to maintain a conversation with someone like
her. Thunderstar, however, utilized a talent of hers to grow closer to Arika. Arika feels more
comfortable around the she-cat than she previously did, and if Brindleleaf isn't present at a
gathering, Arika typically gravitates to Thunderstar, despite her not being in Silentclan.

Stormstar - Friend - Owned by weegeestar5
In all truth, Arika has plenty of silent pity for Stormstar. She feels bad for him, seeing as he's
incredibly anxious and often over thinks. Arika, however, understands Stormstar, as what he
is doing is simply what Arika is thinking, but is incapable of expressing out loud. Because of
this, Arika tries to help Stormstar in any way she can, frequently offering to help with problems
he and his clan may be experiencing, as she feels the need to help those in need. They talk
frequently, and are usually there for one another when one of them is having an episode, which
is more common on Stormstar's end.

Sharkheart - Acquaintances - Owned by Sanara
They aren't very close to one another, as Sharkheart and Arika both don't like forming too tight
of connections with others. However, Arika silently admires Sharkheart. She has scars all over,
and yet still takes her job seriously without falter. Arika looks up to Sharkheart, and often hopes
to gain the amount of strength and confidence Sharkheart has, with or without all the scars, of
course. The scars are just a conversation piece to Arika. Sharkheart and Arika talk rarely, and
have shared a bite or two.

Peachblossom - Enemy - Owned by Peachblossom
Arika and Peachblossom do not converse much, and rightfully so. Peachblossom's outright
arrogant and sassy portrayal make Arika believe she is incredibly disrespectful. She's
overheard a multitude of conversations between Peachblossom and others at gatherings,
and has come close to bringing her down to the ground each time. Peachblossom seems to
believe she is above everyone else, and because Arika strives for equality, this makes her
ultimately strongly dislike Peachblossom.

Last edited by dimi. on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | Likes, Dislikes & Favorites

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:11 am

Fighting
Being one of the few things that
Arika derives even a small bit of
emotion from, Arika enjoys little
quarrels and loves to prove her
point in a silent and intimidating
fashion.

Fish
Fish is one of the prey that Arika
struggles to hunt for. She loves
challenge, so she will typically
maintain a diet of fish to practice her
fish hunting skill. The fish she catch
are usually very tender, and easy
for her to chew.

Equality
One aspect of Silentclan that Arika
appreciates is how they welcome
anyone who comes to them, such as
herself when she was a loner. They're
all treated as equal in her clan, and
their past is almost disregarded. It's a
nice feeling for her, for her to be able to
have been all the types of outsiders, yet
be granted access into Silentclan.

Hunting:
While she doesn't hate hunting,
she just doesn't enjoy it. It's not
one of her favorite things to do,
and for her, with the exception
of fish, it's really just an easy chore
that has to be done.

Mice:
Not only do they smell bad to her,
they're incredibly easy, at least for
her, to catch. She hates the lack of
challenge, and will only catch them
during Leaf-bare when prey is scarce
enough without her pickiness.

Discrimination:
Clan cats usually hate outsiders, and
Arika absolutely hates it. She had been
a kittypet, a rogue, and a loner prior to
joining the clan and just doesn't see the
point in discriminating when they are all
incredibly similar to one another.

Animal:
Birds, they're very graceful to
her.

Color:
Her favorite color is green, it
matches her eyes and is the
most frequent in the forest.

Herb:
She enjoys the herb Bright-eye.
Since mice are the most
prominent prey in the forest, she
often coughs due to their scent,
and these help her. They are
also pretty flowers.

Place:
Her favorite place is the river
just north of the forest. She
enjoys it, especially during
new-leaf, due to all the fish
that swim in the river.

Prey:
Her favorite prey, due to the challenge
it gives her when she hunts, as well as
it's flavorful taste, is fish. She loves
salmon especially, the texture against
her tongue one that no other prey
can give her.

Last edited by dimi. on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arika | Playlist

Postby dimi. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 am

1. Mercy - Hurts
      This is a song that fits Arika, because it compiles all the emotion she experienced when her family took the side of the rogue pack instead of backing her up and leaving the hateful pack with her.

2. Auriel's Ascension - Oblivion
      While the song lacks lyrics, it can illustrate how peaceful Arika usually is. She doesn't experience much positive emotion, so naturally, she is usually pretty calm. The music can also give off a sad tone, one that comes when Arika is reflecting on her past.

3. The Lonely - Christina Perri
      Arika lacks social interaction, as she struggles with experiencing any type of emotion, so she is often found alone. She wouldn't mind talking to others, they just have to own her trust. The song also discusses how she is a "shell of a girl she used to be". Arika was optimistic and welcoming prior to the events within the rogue pack. After her family's betrayal, she was left emotionally dead.

4. Memories - EarlyRise
      Though she won't admit it, Arika often will sit and ponder her past, remembering happy memories made with her siblings. She primarily thinks about their kittypet past, and silently wishes that the fire had never occurred, and that she was still a happy kittypet.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me