A Lynx's Calling | Rise 100 Tryout

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

A Lynx's Calling | Rise 100 Tryout

Postby endless shelter;; » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:37 pm

A Lynx's Call
──────────────────────────
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Rise #100 - Tom - Prologue - Chapter 1

Born a kittypet, made in the clans.
A warrior of Tideclan, a tom of 20 moons lying within his prime. This is his story.
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Lynx's Calling | Rise | Prologue

Postby endless shelter;; » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:41 pm

A Lynx's Call

Rise #100 - Tom - Prologue

A glow of moonlight shone within a twoleg nest that resided in Germany; there was silence within moon-high apart from mewling of a newborn litter of kits and their mother. The kindle rested in a soft nest, their mother curled around them as they suckled. There was a sweet silence in the room they sat in, it was where the twolegs settled their food and ate together. Soon the group would move to a room where the twolegs slept once they awoke. The kits were born that night, all pedigree Maine coons. Their mother knew what would likely be their fate, show cats, going to another cattery, or live a simplistic pet life.
Once a rooster's cry for sun-rise went, slowly the housefolk would rise from their nest and chirp as they saw the she cat pelted with snow white with newborns. They'd share purrs between eachother, watching the new scraps wriggle around until it was time to feed themselves and they'd all leave, giving the she-cat something to eat as well.
It was a litter of four, a smaller tabby she cat; the runt. Another she cat that has black fur, then there's a large tom with white fur, and at last a tom that was a grey tabby.
A couple of moons pass by and the kits finally have their eyes open and are weaned, a diet of more meat and prey animals. They have each been given names "Luchs! Oh Luchs what are you doing?" The mother calls to the grey tabby tom, "Sorry ma! I thought I could climb up the chair. I'll come down!" He replied, jumping down from the top of the chair, "It's just Gletscher could do it and I want to be like him!" He purred, and received a lick from his mother, he looked into her green eyes, "Will I be as big as pa? I know Gletscher will be!"
"Oh of course you'll be! You're a strong healthy tom! Go play with them now" She laughed with a heart-warming smile and looked at Luchs' siblings.
"Okay ma!" He meowed before running off to play. Eis, the mother, looked towards her housefolk and brushed against them.

Half a moon passes and the kits are all as wild as ever, but there have been twolegs visiting a lot and boxes would slowly pile up. “Ma, what’s happening?” Luchs looked up to his mother, as she groomed Zwielicht, the black she cat and Karamell, the runt. Eis stopped and told him “I’m not quite sure, kitten.”
“Can I climb into the boxes, mama? They seem so fun!” Luchs let out a chirp.
“Of course, just don’t go in the big ones! I don’t want you to poof!” Eis chuckled as she watched her kit joyfully run off into the boxes before going back to grooming her other kits.
“Gletscher! Come into the box! Mama said we could!” The grey tabby kit would mewl. “Gletscher?” he would ask worried. “BOO!” A white coat flew into the box, “ROAR!!!”
“AAAAAHHH” Luchs screamed, stuffing his face into the corner of the box, half in clothes, “Where is the hole?!?!?!”
“Luchs! It’s just me! Haha! I got you so well, you were terrified!” His older brother laughed, giving his smaller brother a lick behind the ear. “It’s alright now. You get scared easier than Karamell!” he laid down in the box, with some soft clothing in it, he waits for his brother to calm down.
“Well you’re do big and loud! How am I not meant to be scared! You’re like a feral!” Luchs exclaimed before shaking out of the corner, but he somehow got in between the clothes, “GLETSCHER I’M DROWING IM IN A SEA OF NEVERENDING DARKNESS HELP!!!” he squeaked, the white kit let out a chuckle before gently tapping at Luchs, “BROTHER HELP ME!”
“Okay, fine! You’re just inside the clothes!” he laughed, and helped guide Luchs out, “Just go forward, yep, yep, there we go!” he watched Luchs come out in a nervous puff.
“Never again.” He trembled with his wide amber eyes and ran to hide in his brother’s long, white fur.
“It’s okay now; you’re out of the fabric sea! See, you did the hard work getting out!”
“But you would have got out on your own!” The smaller grey tabby would cry.
“Mama always used to help me if I got stuck in places; I got in a lot more trouble! Don’t worry; you don’t need to be a lone cat right away! That’s no fun, isn’t it, being all alone?” Gletscher purred to his brother and looked at his amber eyes, “Anyway, if you were to get in any trouble, those eyes will surely give them a warning!”
“Really? But your yellow and blue eyes are so much cooler and so unusual! That would give cats who would try to hurt you a fright!” he squeaked in awe.
“Oh Luchs, you schnellmacher! You’re going to be in a sea of my fur if you sink in like that!” he chuckles whilst the grey fur sinks into his white. He quietly nudges out his smaller brother so he wouldn’t sink in completely. And they stayed in there until the two kits fell asleep.

---

A quarter of a moon passes and the den is almost empty. Their housefolk kept on taking things away, and they watched as other twolegs, that they’ve met before and others that they’ve yet to see, come over and their twolegs would talk about the family. “Mama… Why is everything going away?” Karamell asked, as she huddled beside her mother that let out a sigh when she replied to her kits, “Our housefolk are leaving… Without us…”
“What?!” The kits squeak in confusion; their faces were coated in horror.
“How could they!?” Gletscher broke out.
“But they said they loved us!” Zwielicht Cried.
“It’s not true, is it, mama? They’ll come back?” Karamell questioned, her voice crackling.
“But why did other housefolk come talking about us then?” Luchs asked, if they were going to leave them, then why would they bring in so many twolegs? They waited for their mother’s reply.
“The reason that our housefolk are having so many others come in, is because…” she takes a deep breath, “We’ll be going with away with whichever our housefolk thinks will look after us the best.”
“But I like it here!” Zwielicht squeaked pressing against her siblings, “I heard they’ll split us apart!”
“Zwielicht… That will only be when you’re older, when you’ll be more independent by then. We’ll be together. Don’t worry.” Eis purred, gently pressing her head against her kits. “It will be okay.”

Quickly a twoleg came that would take the clowder. The cats said their final goodbye before being carried off in a small carrier. Luchs snuggled to his mother alongside his siblings. They were taken into a monster and it began moving, and many hours would soon pass.
“Mama… I’m scared….” Karamell mewls, her voice trembling. In a reply of comfort, Eis began purring to do her best to calm her kindle. The part that kept the litter in the carrier somehow came open. “Ma, my legs feel weird, can I walk around?” Luchs asked his mother, and received a nod. Happily he went out and explored the back of the monster, “It’s so big, Gletscher, come! It’s so cool!” he purred, bouncing about. He watched his brother come out and they began playing. As they played, Luchs paw got stuck at the back of the monster, “Gletscher! Help!” he squeaked, and Gletscher came running over.
“You need to push your paw forward, that will help it get unstuck!” The white tom squeaked, guiding his brother’s paw out.
“Thank you… So much…” Luchs panted from the fear that got to him. “I think I’m just going to lay down.” He flopped onto his side as Gletscher went back to his mother, “I’ll let him calm down a bit.”
Luchs pressed against the back, only to feel the wind pushing in, the back opened, and Luchs let out a screech, “MAMA! HELP!” he clawed onto the end of the monster, and his mother left the carrier to run and catch him. But the grey tabby couldn’t hold on any longer, and he was pulled out and flew in the wind and fell out of sight.
“LUCHS!!!” his family screeched before the monster would stop, but it was too late. “Silverpelt help him…”
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Lynx's Calling | Rise | Chapter 1

Postby endless shelter;; » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 am

A Lynx's Call

Rise #100 - Tom - Prologue - chapter 1

The small tabby maine coon rested alongside a raging thunderpath, there was heavy breathing and eyes were shut. I-I don't wanna look...! his fur shook as he shivered, before a monster ran by him, alerting him of how close to the path he was, and he ran off closer to the forest. His eyes remained closed together.
"M-mama? Gletscher? Zwielicht? Karamell?!" he squeaked as he huddled by what felt like a tree. Luchs remained in shock until he finally was able to relax himself with an intense purring session which he fell asleep with.

Expecting to wake up by the thunderpath alone he spotted another cat. The maine coon's fur bristled as the light brown cat neared him.
"It's okay little one. You are hurt so I'm helping you to get better." she purred but Luchs only tensed as she got closer. "Oh dear... I'm not going to hurt you! My name is Reh." she meows. The grey tabby finally looks over at himself only to let out a shriek, blood was on his hind quarter. He covered his face with his paws as Reh put something on his wound, he peeked over to see her placing cobwebs and flowers onto his flank, "This will clean up your pelt and your fur will be back in no time!" Reh tells Luchs, knowing he looked over and it was clear she was trying to relax him. With a frog stuck in his throat (not literally) he finally spoke, "M-my name i-is Luchs." and quietly waits for Reh's reply.
"What a lovely name... Oh poor thing, what happened to you? Your mother should still be with you.." she meowed, before laying down by him and quietly grooming him.
"I-I don't like this place..." he whimpers, finally huddling to the she-cat."I'm hungry..."
"It's okay, we'll leave this place." she whispers, "I'll get a mouse, I can tell you're weaned, Luchs." the fawn coloured she-cat gets up and as she's about to go hunt, Luchs meows, "I was with my family before the monster we were in opened and I fell out..." A clear face of sorrow clouded Reh until she said, "I think I know somewhere where you could go. We can find a colony to settle with."
And then she leaves to return with a vole, "I'm guessing it's your first time, it's really good!" she chirps as she places down the vole infront of Luchs. Luchs neared the vole, sniffing it gently, "It smells yummy!" he squeals before putting his face in it, slightly struggling to tear of a piece, but once he got a piece he wolfed it down, "And it is soooo YUMMY! Mmmmmm!" he trills before digging in more. Once he couldn't take any more he fell asleep, Reh finishing the rest. "We have a long way to go, little one."

---
A few days pass and the two cats are on the move. "Okay, Luchs, be careful! Cross the thunderpath right as I go, okay?!" she meows as Luchs scrambles down from a fence to land beside her. "Okay, Reh!" the kit chirps as he stays close behind her, his tail rose up high. He is stopped in his tracks as he bumps into Reh, "Sorry!" he squeaks before looking forward to see the thunderpath with lots of monsters cramped together. "We'll have to go between them, don't worry, we'll have enough time." she meows as she watches a glow in the distance turn from green to amber then red. "Okay, follow me!" she meows, running forward, Luchs stayed right by her.
"We're not going to make it!" he shrieks, but Reh ignores him and keeps running, before long they reach the other side before the glow in the distance shifts back to green, "I didn't know it would be that long!" he squeaks.
"Oh, silly, there are twolegs that also cross this! There has to be enough time so at least a few get through." the fawn she-cat explains, giving Luchs a swift lick. "Oh, okay! But then why didn't we go where the twolegs went?" Luchs tilted his head in confusion.
"Well they'll see us and grab us!" she hisses, "Ahh! I'm sorry for hissing, Luchs, i just got a bit nervous..." she looks around, "Okay, we have to head this way." she points with her tail towards high grass that is in a field, "Come on!" she chirps as she runs into the grass,
and Luchs quickly followed.

“Luchs? Luchs, where are you!” Reh calls, jumping through the tall grass, before stopping in worry. Luchs stalks Reh, somehow catching her out from the grass. He wiggles his bottom and then leap, “BOO!” he yowls, landing ontop of his guardian, knocking her over.
“AHH” she screeched tumbling over.
“I got you, Reh! I got you!” Luchs chirped, climbing off the she-cat and bounced around, but gave her a comforting lick. “Reh, you okay?” he meowed with worry as she lay frozen.
“BOO!” she yowled, before jumping up, scaring Luchs into running a bit further into the grass.
Luchs gives out a shriek “Reh!” he gives an angry pout as he waddles back. “No fair!” he meows angrily as he paws at her.
“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, Luchs. Are you hungry?” she meows, looking at Luchs.
“Yes! I’m starving, I feel like we haven’t eaten in days!” he squeaks. Luchs runs to Reh and presses himself against her, his stomach rumbled and gave himself a lick, “Sorry.” he meowed, embarrassed. He was given a lick by Reh before she walked away, and then he heard her call, “Go by that big oak! It’s west!” Luchs looked over and nodded, Oh! Wow! It’s huge! he gasped as he waddled in the grass to reach it. His hunger grew as minutes passed and he resorted to bouncing to see where he was going, Mama always said I had a big leap!
The tree finally gets in more view as the grass in the field shortened, “Wow! It’s so old! So wrinkly!” Luchs chirps as he reaches the roots of the great oak. His hunger gets to him and causes him to go to a hunt mode. “Even a fly will do…” he licks his lips and he searches around, and then he spots a slither of a tail, Is that a… lizard? His eyes widen as he nears the tail, the maine coon lays into a crouch and lowers his tail, he perks his ear forward and gives his bottom another wiggles before leaping and hooking his claw onto the tail of the tiny lizard, “Gotcha!” he cheers as he pulls it towards him and biting down on it’s neck, killing it. Luchs then plays with the lizard corpse a bit, throwing it around, giggling as he does so, but then a rumble in his stomach reminds him of the hunger, and then he quickly gobbles up the tiny lizard. “Yum! Wow, my first prey!” he trills, running around the tree, joy filling him as his hunger was finally quenched, he then stops and looks up. “I wonder…” He looks at the dryness of the tree, “Maybe...” he tenses his body before leaping up and digging his claws into the tree, he began jumping up until he reaches the lowest branch to relax. “This is awesome!” He squeaks, looking around, “I love this!” the height lets him see everything and he spots Reh, “I can see the entire world!” he yowls, causing a bird in the tree to fly out, “Oops…!”
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me