Arcane Night Dragons {My Flight Rising Story}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Arcane Night Dragons {My Flight Rising Story}

Postby okapi, » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 am

~Please Do Not Post~

Introduction
I've recently started a Flight Rising account of my own, since everyone seems to have one. I really like the game, so I'd thought I'd make a story based upon my dragons. I think it would be tons of fun! I'm going to be making this as I go, I don't know how many times I'll post, or how often. It will be whenever I feel like writing. It's mostly for my own enjoyment but if you want to read it, go ahead. Please don't post - if you have some criticism or tips, please message me instead. <3

Overview
This is based on Flight Rising, so I'll be using all my own dragons and giving them descriptions and personalities. It might take me a while to create all the characters because I want to develop them deeply. Basically, there are some terms you should know when reading.
Starfall Isles: The island that all the dragons live on.
Evergreen Forest: The forest that covers the whole island.
Sacred Grounds: The nesting area that Titos and Callista found. The most searched for area in all of Starfall Isles.
Last edited by okapi, on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔═══════════╗

OKAPI,
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❧ INFJ ~ Capricorn ~ January 10th ☙

╚═══════════╝
okapi,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Table Of Contents

Postby okapi, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:32 am

~Table of Contents~

1. Introduction/Overview
2. Characters
3. Prologue
4. Chapter 1: The Beginning
5. Chapter 2: Their First Children
Last edited by okapi, on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔═══════════╗

OKAPI,

╚═══════════╝
okapi,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby okapi, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:49 am

~Characters~

Name: Callista
Breed: Fae Dragon
Family Background: She left her family after she met Titos. Her family did not like him and were trying to force Callista to be mates with someone she didn't love. She ran off with him to start their own clan and family, believing that no matter who you are or where you're from, you deserve to be happy.
Personality: When she first met Titos, she played hard to get because a lot of other male dragons were fond of her. She is young and smart, using knowledge over power if she is ever in trouble. She chose Titos because he appreciated her brains and beauty and she knew that he would do anything for her. She deeply cares about her family and friends, doing anything to keep them safe.
Important Information: She is the Queen of their clan, starting it with her mate Titos after they ran away and discovered the Sacred Grounds. She has only had one egg batch in her lifetime, yielding her four eggs, of which two were exalted. She now has a daughter, Athena, and a son, Herecles, who are still living in and protecting their clan.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Titos
Family Background: His family died when he was 2 years old, but he was old enough to survive on his own. He wandered around, paying attention to other Fae Dragon clans when he noticed Callista. He immediately got up to greet her, but she was playing hard to get. He proved his love to her by saving her from another violent male. He asked to be her mate, and she agreed, but her parents did not. They thought Titos was using Callista for her beauty and was just going to leave her. Callista knew that wasn't the case, so they both agreed to run away and start a new family.
Personality: He is a very proud, honorable dragon. He has seen and experienced a lot, which makes him very knowledgeable. He is strong and independent but will protect his family at all costs, even sacrificing himself if needed.
Important Information: He is the King of the clan. He has a daughter and son with Callista - Athena and Herecles, along with two others that were exalted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Athena
Family Background: She is part of the first nest of eggs that Titos and Callista had. She is very close to her parents - but not her brother. Her brother, Herecles, does not see her as worthy and thinks she is 'useless'. Herecles also does not accept her opinions, so she would rather keep her distance from him. She had two other brothers who were exalted - one ran away, and the other chose to exalt himself, but she was never close to either.
Personality: She is an extremely smart dragon, which she gets from her mother. She is always proposing ideas to her parents on how to prevent fighting by talking. She believes that Herecles' place should be to protect the clan, and hers should be to lead. She is not easily influenced and she is not gullible, often choosing things based on pros and cons and knowledge.
Important Information: She has been trying to convince her parents to reduce fighting and speak with other dragons to make peace since she could talk. She wants to be leader and wants to prove her worth to her family.

Name:
Breed:
Family Background:
Personality:
Important Information:
Last edited by okapi, on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
╔═══════════╗

OKAPI,

╚═══════════╝
okapi,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prologue

Postby okapi, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:57 am

~Prologue~

The Evergreen Forest is known for its thick canopy of muddy-green tinted oak trees. It's found on a small island called the Starfall Isles, off the coast of the Bermuda Triangle, and only a few humans have ever discovered it. They have never returned to tell their tales. It is over one thousand miles long and eerily quiet. Deep within, around the center of this forest, lies a clearing covered in the finest, pillow-soft grass. It has a small circular opening above in the trees, where the sun falls through at the peak of each day, lighting up the dew on the grass which sparkles happily under the sun's warm rays. At the very back of this clearing is a mountain, one of the biggest on Earth, with vines draping over the front. Behind those vines lay the entrance to the most searched for nesting grounds by all dragons. When two unsuspecting Fae dragons are searching for a nesting area, they stumble across these sacred grounds accidentally. Without knowing, they decide to live here - but this area holds more secrets than they think. When mysterious things begin to happen, they start to believe that they got more than what they bargained for.
╔═══════════╗

OKAPI,

╚═══════════╝
okapi,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Postby okapi, » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 am

~Chapter 1: The Beginning~
POV: Titos & Callista

The sun was just rising on the horizon when Titos tapped Callista with his tail. She slowly opened her eyes, and he stared into them, admiring the beautiful, shimmering magenta color.
"Staring is impolite, you know," she whispered, smiling softly. Titos laughed and helped her stand, using his powerful forearms to lift her up on her feet. Callista yawned, then turned to Titos.
"We better get going. I'm going to lay these eggs soon and we still haven't found nesting grounds."
She looked at her slightly enlarged belly, then back up through the canopy of leaves. She was worried, but she didn't want to show it. Callista knew that even if they didn't find a nest in time, she would have Titos here to protect her and the eggs. They were strong dragons, and she knew it, but she'd been hoping that they would have found the perfect nesting grounds by now.
Perfection takes time, but I'm sure it'll come soon, she thought. Titos nudged her face, pushing her forward to start walking.

Continuing on the path ahead, she padded on four feet, her claws digging sharply into the ground after every stride. Neither of them spoke - they were on alert for other dragons who would love to kill unprotected strays. Not only that, but she was aware that her size was a lot smaller than that of others. Titos followed closely behind her, eyes darting back and forth, from side to side. Today was oddly quiet - the only noises they heard were birds sitting atop trees.
Suddenly, Callista felt something pinch her side. The pain was so severe that it made her trip and fall, but she couldn't get back up. She lifted her head as Titos flapped his wings and stood over top of her, protecting her in case something unknown caused this.
"Titos, I don't think anything attacked me - I think I'm -" She couldn't continue her sentence because another wave of pain shot through her. Titos knew what was going on - he had to find her a cave, or something, to protect her. Quickly, but quietly, he waved his wings through the air until he hovered just above her. He lowered himself to her, reaching out with all four feet and grabbing her softly. Without hurting her, he lifted her and pushed his way through the leaves and branches above their heads. Callista was now in so much pain that she was unable to talk, and all he heard was extremely heavy breathing.
This was dangerous - there were many dragons that flew, looking for weaklings to attack. Titos was the perfect target. Speeding through the sky, he was looking for a break in the trees that revealed a cave. As he was scanning the ground, he heard Callista scream - but it wasn't what he thought.
"Look out, Titos, the mountain!" She managed to squeak out before more pain shot through her whole body. The clouds were covering Tito's eyes, so all he could do was stop moving his wings. They fell at a drop too high to measure. He wrapped his legs even tighter around Callista's torso. Right before they hit the trees, he lifted his wings straight out, using the wind to slowly push him down through the forest. Callista was crying - the pain and fear was too much to handle. He wasn't sure if there was a safe place below, or if where they were landing was a predator, but they had to trust it - his mate was in pain. Titos, still holding Callista, slowly lay her on the ground. He wrapped his wings around her, frantically looking around for something - something - they could hide in. Suddenly, a large wind gust blew through. Titos saw vines on the side of the mountain blow, and an opening to a cave was revealed. Without saying anything, he turned to look at Callista, who was curled up in a ball, breathing heavily and crying. Using his massive tail, he lifted her up and slowly walked into the cave. Before entering, he looked around - what he saw was beautiful, not threatening. A bright blue stream flowed down the back wall of the cave, into a small puddle shrouded by daisies. In the very center lay a nest - untouched by any creature in a long time. The floor was covered in grass, so soft it felt like a pillow beneath their feet. Titos knew then that they were safe. Almost immediately after Callista curled up in the nest, her pain went away. They looked at each other, eyes gleaming. Callista laid a nest of 4 eggs - painlessly - a few minutes after she lay down.
Titos knew that this was meant to be. He sat around Callista, curling his body around her and staring out at the vines that led to the opening of the cave. They both fell asleep as the moon showed its face and reflected in the pool behind them.
╔═══════════╗

OKAPI,

╚═══════════╝
okapi,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups