Beyond This Point -DNP-

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Beyond This Point -DNP-

Postby Micki. » Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 am

please click here to return.

the main portion of my form for the kuro re-adopt will be here. hopefully it'll also have a few short stories, but who knows. anyways, if you're interested, stay tuned and I hope you enjoy <3

please do not post, thank you!!

|| arlind
|| guidebook
|| modern AU
Last edited by Micki. on Sat May 27, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ basics }

Postby Micki. » Sat May 27, 2017 11:28 am

Name: Kuro
Sexuality: pansexual
    leans towards masculine genders, but is sometimes attracted to more feminine genders

Kingdom: Rendin
Title: Crown Prince of Rendin
    he often shirks his duties as prince in favor of adventuring and observing new creatures in faraway lands.

Height: 6ft 7in
Weight: 235 lbs
    having inherited his father's warrior build, Kuro is a very tall, muscular man. he has dark, chin length hair that tends to be wavy or curly and somewhat unkempt. his eyes are dark and he is naturally tan with a tendency to get very tan when he spends long periods of time outside. Kuro's coloring comes from his mother, who isn't from Rendin and instead comes from Zuj (where the people tend to be darker in color).

Kuro is heir to the throne of the mighty kingdom Rendin.

However, he has little to no interest in running the country, especially as Rendin is prone to warring with the others in the realm. He just wants to be left alone to travel and observe different creatures. He doesn't have the disposition to rule, as he is more blunt than a ruler ought to be and less sophisticated as well. If he had his way, Kuro would simply pass the crown off to his younger brother and go wandering the realm.

His father is particularly strict, though, and will hear no talk of it, insisting that Kuro stop his "fooling around" and take more of an interest in the affairs of their own kingdom. Kuro has yet to decide whether he will settle into the position when the time comes or not.
Last edited by Micki. on Sat May 27, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ personality }

Postby Micki. » Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Kuro has always been an adventurous sort of fellow. In fact, it is nearly impossible to get him to settle down and stay in one place for long. He is constantly traveling and seeking out new places and people, whether within his own kingdom or in other countries. When he was younger he was practically never with his family in the monarch's castle. As he gets closer to wearing the crown, his wanderlust has only gotten stronger, but his father insists that he is home to learn how to rule. No one could ever get Kuro to stop looking for adventure, but he has compromised and stays home for a few months out of the year. His responsibility to his kingdom and family is second to his own need to travel and explore, at least until his father is unable to rule.

His adventurous spirit is likely due to his strong sense of curiosity. He has always found it exceedingly difficult knowing that there are things out in the world that he doesn't know about. He will spend hours upon hours reading about everything that he possibly can. Kuro often gets an itch to go explore undiscovered and uncharted territory, and he will always be too curious to help it, especially if there are tales of creatures not found anywhere else. He has a soft-spot for animals and creatures, everything from horses to dragons, and has an insatiable curiosity concerning them. It's always difficult for him to say no to investigating something new, as his thirst for knowledge combines with his curious nature to make it impossible. Kuro doesn't put his knowledge on display, however, and will quietly let others tell him things he already knows; his knowledge is for him and no one else.

Going hand-in-hand with his adventurous and curious ways, Kuro is absolutely restless. He has to be up and doing things constantly or he goes a bit insane. Letting his mind wander when he is unable to physically get up and move helps for a short time, but he has to get up and move around after a while. He fidgets when he's unable to move around, often tapping his fingers to, or shaking his leg under, the table. Kuro's father often tells him to sit still and comments unkindly on his fidgeting, but he rarely pays any attention to it. Whenever he's trying to think, Kuro finds it most beneficial to get up and pace as being up and about always helps him think. Being in nature and observing a creature does tend to put him at ease and allow him to sit perfectly still, however.

Another trait he prominently displays is impulsiveness. He thinks very little before taking action, especially when adventuring or exploring. He doesn't tend to think much before he speaks, either, which is something his father has always expressed displeasure in. Even battle plans bore him, making Kuro prone to zoning out if he has to sit and listen to them. Another result of his impulsiveness is his gambling habit. Gambling makes him quite happy, and he's not one to care about material things, so he is often found to be gambling away his money without any thought. He only gambles with money he's made, though, and wouldn't dare use any of his father or the kingdom's money for his own selfish pleasures.

He's a strong believer that censoring yourself and dancing around your true meaning causes misunderstandings, and as such he is not one to sugar coat his words. Kuro is an incredibly blunt person, often saying what he wants with little regard to the potential consequences and in as few words as possible. His father expresses great displeasure at Kuro's bluntness and his disregard for the finesse that political situations often call for. It doesn't seem to bother Kuro what his father says, and he is often found to be blunt and even (unwittingly) rude when he attends negotiations and treaties.

Kuro is a fiercely independent man. As a child, the things he wanted were never given to him easily, despite being a prince. His father values hard-work and independence, so he instilled them in all of his children. Kuro took to them most easily and quickly because he always liked to do his own things. This independence means that he relies on no one but himself, and he has actually found other people are liabilities more often than not. If something is to be done the way he wants it, Kuro knows that he has to be the one to do it. His independent nature makes traveling and adventuring by himself easy. It also means that he won't have to listen to complaints about the conditions under which he may live for months while exploring.

He can also be quite cynical, especially when it comes to people and relationships. Kuro's always found it to be a bit challenging to form attachments to people, largely due to the fact that he knows most of the people he meets are only interested in anything he says or does because he is heir to a throne. He has also witnessed his brothers' past relationships fall to pieces due to their being princes, and he has seen many royals from many countries unhappily married by arrangement. His parents are the only he knows that have been married for love rather than duty, and Kuro is completely and totally uninterested in marrying and having children just for his country. However, all of this isn't to say he doesn't enjoy the company of others. In fact, he quite likes talking, dancing and celebrating with other people. He'll often be found in town taverns gambling, flirting and having a good time.

While Kuro enjoys talking and being in the company of others, he isn't forthcoming with personal information. He knows what being a prince can get you outside of the walls: ransomed, robbed or worse. As such, Kuro pretends to be just an average traveler from no where in particular. He's very secretive on his outings, but always without arousing any sort of suspicion. People actually tend to find him very charming and trustworthy. Kuro tends to keep his outings from his father's knowledge as well, often going out under the guise that he's just visiting another royal family.

Creativity comes naturally to him, though he may not come off as creative to most. He can very easily blend in and adapt to his surroundings and the personalities around him, being a chameleon when he's outside of the castle walls. While this isn't completely due to his creativity, his imagination allows him to create and act out different identities. It also allows him to think up unique and innovative solutions to situations and problems, which he sometimes offers his father as solutions to political issues. Kuro has also been known to be quite the inventor, though he often keeps his inventions to himself and shies away from showing or talking about them to others.

His determination and perseverance are rivaled by very few others in the realm. Kuro's father has taught him that anything can be accomplished so long as you work at it hard enough. It was a lesson that was very important in his father's eyes, and Kuro picked it up and took it to heart more so than any of his siblings. Once he has set his mind to something, he will stop at practically nothing to accomplish it and there is very little he won't do in order to do so. It's unlikely there will be anything that can change his mind or make him stop before he reaches his goal. He values hard work and perseverance above a lot of other qualities, and instantly likes someone a little bit more if he discovers they are a hard-working individual. Likewise, if he will lose respect for an individual if he finds they are lazy. Kuro is most grateful to his father for this lesson and, should he have his own children one day, Kuro plans to instill these qualities in them as well.

Kuro is a highly intelligent man with a thirst for knowledge. He doesn't like to show others his bright mind and will become quite sheepish and flustered when complimented on his intelligence. Despite this, he is a naturally intelligent being who finds it easy to learn, understand and remember things. Being a prince in the wealthiest kingdom, he was also given the finest tutors to help broaden his mind. Kuro adores learning new things and has a whole library in his family castle dedicated to the many journals he's filled with his knowledge. Most of the journals are on animals, as he finds them to be one of the most exciting subjects to learn about. He immensely enjoys learning about nature, magic, potions and other countries' religions as well.

Kuro is an exceedingly sentimental sort of person. He finds himself collecting trinkets from travels and adventures, and he finds himself completely unwilling to let them go afterwards. They feel almost like a part of him, and they're certainly a part of his past, so he simply can't bare to give them up. He also collects little things here and there that hold some sort of significance or represent a specific event. The significance of these little mementos only gets larger with time. His inability to get rid of things means that things could potentially be quite junky if he didn't live in such a large castle. He takes care to keep all of his things neatly organized in their proper places and well-cared for, however.
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ quirks + extra info }

Postby Micki. » Sat May 27, 2017 1:36 pm

|| ambidextrous
    || tends to use his left
|| prefers writing with an owl quill
|| poor, hopelessly illegible handwriting
    || writing with his right hand is even worse
|| eats constantly
    || obsessed with lemon squares
    || messy   eater, shovels food into mouth
|| likes to cook
    || his father wishes he would leave it to the help
    || fidgets constantly when "sitting still"
    || absolutely loves maps and books
      || collects both
      || makes maps of the places he explores
    || adores ancient history
      || loves comparing their beliefs to current ones
    || likes to wrestle and fight
      || often takes part in tavern brawls
    || fondness of gambling and ale
      || "too fond" according to his father
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ brief history }

Postby Micki. » Sat May 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Kuro's father wasn't born to be king. He was born into one of the lesser-known royal houses, though they were royal only in title and out of respect for the past greatness of the house. The family had little money, not much more than the average peasant family. Kuro's father was a warrior through and through, fighting in many battles since he was a teenage boy.

There came a time of great unrest within the family of monarchs, which branched out to the furthest reaches of Rendin. They were fighting among themselves, fighting people that were supposed to be allies and neglecting their duties as rules. Many of Rendin's relations with other countries were suffering and many of the royal houses were fighting each other without the monarchy's guidance and mediation. Rendin's rule over the realm was starting to slip, Vadok nearly taking over.

Kuro's father put an end to it, however. He gathered all of the money and resources his family had and set off to find men to join him in his fight. Several of the royal houses rallied at his call and even more peasants and knights-errant, who had suffered most during the monarchy's feuding. After gathering his army, Kuro's father usurped the current monarch and took his place. In some areas (almost exclusively outside of Rendin), he is still called "the usurper," while in other areas he is called "the blessing of Rendin" or other similar things. Practically everyone in Rendin loves their king, as he has never shied away from fighting or working fields alongside his men.

Growing up, Kuro's parents never hid the fact that they weren't born into the monarchy. They actually readily talked about it with Kuro and his siblings, using it as an anecdote to show that they could accomplish anything they set their minds to. Kuro's parents never spoiled him or his siblings the way kings and queens born into royalty spoiled their children. Instead, they made their children work for what they got and learn as much as they could from the finest tutors around the world. All four children were taught swordsmanship, including their youngest child / only daughter, among other fighting techniques and skills. They were also taught how to do their own everyday tasks and work fields like most of the men in Rendin. However, none of this is to say that the children weren't spoiled some, as both parents loved them all dearly.
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me