❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby polysaccharide » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm

yall have got to help me
    i have to write at least 500+ more words for a story for my creative writing class but i've become overwhelmed with the desire to create breedings and/or reference sheets for my animal characters help me
    also i need to write poetry
    uugh

rip to this thread
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byte » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:31 pm

polysaccharide wrote:
    yall have got to help me
    i have to write at least 500+ more words for a story for my creative writing class but i've become overwhelmed with the desire to create breedings and/or reference sheets for my animal characters help me
    uugh

rip to this thread

Same! Motivation to write is quite difficult to find when there are other things to tend to. If you really want to finish your assignments, I reccommend that you just turn on some music and let your thoughts flow onto the paper. Lol, no doubt that you'll turn out some amazing works.
Harlow | they/them
- artist + writer
byte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 pm

WinterSerperior wrote:@ Ranger

Basically what it is is an oc spreadsheet to help with making characters :T

I had a long drawn out written t hing but my internet decided that it was going to disconnect me and erase everything :T
Ah, okay :p

Oh crap D:

winged-backpack wrote:@ranger
I'm happy to do that. Would that be chips as in crisps or chips as in chips like fish and chips though? (Love being that awkward UK person who has to ask ^^')
has to google 'crisps' Yeah, them XD
Although hot chips would be even better, oohoohoohoo... Good thinking!!

Fairy Prince wrote:I'll be joining y'all in the non-nano corner. How 'bout both types of chip?
Deal. *high-fives*

BucketORandomness wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
BucketORandomness wrote:Random character development thought: My creative writing teacher says you should be able to order for your charrie at a restaurant. You could also, however, fill out a college application for them. Those things ask for all kinds of information and specifics.
Ooh. Tbh I wouldn't know what to order myself at a restaurant, but I can try find me a college application form XD
You can easily check out the Common Application at commonapp.org and fill in the college applications without actually sending them anywhere. All you'd have to do is make a free account and fill in the same questionnaire a bunch of times for the new characters, but then there are more specific questions related to each college specifically, so you could use those and just never submit any of the applications. Ever.
Oh, cool! Thanks, I'll have to check it out! :.D

Why do you write?
For the fun of it. For the freedom, the imagination of it. Because I'm good at it c:

polysaccharide wrote:
    yall have got to help me
    uugh

rip to this thread
DO ALL THE THINGS!!!

Guys, this is so awesome, we have a new kitten :D :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:01 am

Why do you write? I write for fun, to get away from reality even. I honestly just enjoy exploring my characters, and especially making stories about them. Sometimes you're even surprised with what you can manage to come up with all from your mind, and I just think that's really cool. ;u;
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:53 am

Why do you write?
    because i keep screaming but god won’t answer

jkjk i don’t really know. i just kinda write because i want to? there’s not really a real reason
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Wby do you write
Because I'm useless at drawing. And even though a picture is worth a thousand words, I can get more attatched to a character I read ten sentences about than one I saw in ten pictures.

(A kitten??? What color is it? What's its name? Is it a boy or a girl?)

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm

So for my drama class, we're supposed to write scripts about a character we act. This is the basic first draft of mine, and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback? Also, you might be able to relate.

Cast
Me
Annoying Random Person (ARP):
Sasha (one of my characters:
Joshua (another character):

Set – a desk and chair off centre. Maybe a tree or something on the other side.
Props – Paper, pen and mug on the table (I can have my script mwahahahha)
Costume – me and ARP in normal clothes, Joshua and Sasha in something else.

ME and ARP enter while talking.

ARP: So, you said you write, yeah? Sounds like a fun hobby to relax with!

ME: Yeeeaaahh…

I sit on chair as SASHA and JOSHUA enter. As I speak, SASHA and JOSHUA act out what I say. ARP freezes as the next bit happens.

ME: (while writing on paper): ‘“Get down,” Sasha said. She dropped. Joshua copied a second’ – no that’s not right! Crumples paper and throws it offstage, Sasha and Joshua reset. ’The bomb was coming and Sasha knew she had to do something. She shouted to Joshua and then dropped to the’ – No, still not right! Crumples paper again. Joshua and Sasha glance at each other in long suffering confusion. Stuff it, Sasha shouted a warning at Joshua and the two of them dropped to the ground as the bomb flew over them. I’ll edit it later.

I turn back around, SASHA and JOSHUA leave, ARP unfreezes.

ME: … super easy…

ARP: I’ve got a lot of ideas, maybe if I had some more time I could write a book! Must be nice to have loads of time to write.

ME: Yeeeaaah….

Turns around again, ARP freezes.

ME: Okay. So if I study for the next two hours I should have time to fit in ten minutes of writing before I have to go to work… then when I get back I’ll need to have dinner and help around the house – I’ll should be able to fit in a little bit of writing after that. If I want to go online as well I’ll have to give up watching an episode of that show and still get to bed on time. Ugh! Oh, and I still have to prepare for that thing I said I’d help out with tomorrow…

Turn around again.

ME: … loads of time…

ARP: Must be so cool to have some characters who you can make do whatever you want as well!

ME: yeeeaaah…

Turns around, ARP freezes, Sasha and Joshua enter.

ME (while writing): Joshua reached forward and leaned in for a kiss –

JOSHUA: wait what?

SASHA: That’s a bad idea.

ME: aw, come on guys – I need this to happen for the plot to work…

JOSHUA: There is no way I am kissing her.

SASHA: Yeah, plot or not that ain’t happening.

ME: fiiiinee I’ll just edit the entire plot because that’s going to be out of character. I hate characters when they get a mind of their own.

Turns around, SASHA and JOSHUA leave looking smug.

ME: … it’s great…

ARP: Well, hurry up and publish the book – I want to read it! Hey, would you give me a free copy? I don’t really have enough money to buy one but I want to read it. You’re my friend, right?

I grab the chair from behind me and chases ARP off stage.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

@wren
I love it. It's comedic, it's relatable. I think you did a really good job. You change tense at the end there when you say
I grab the chair from behind me and chases ARP off stage.

Actually, I think this bit is a little overdramatic for my taste anyway? It might be the effect you're going for, but I think a better, more irritating build up might make it a little less...(for lack of a better word)...sudden. You might also benefit from naming your cast members, with a little description of them? For example, your ARP could have a name with a little explanation that they're an impatient super-fan annoyingly eager for a new book. Anyways, that's just my opinions, hopefully they were helpful.

Why do you write?
Honestly, I don't know. I've always made up stories in my head and imagined scenarios that could have prevented the deaths of my favourite characters, but there's never been any particular reason for it. I mean, I love delving into other people's psyches and going to my own head and seeing how I would react in those situations, and a lot of the ways that Femie reacts to things are actually how I personally would react. Some of the later scenes are going to be really tough in that respect, because they would be a lot more mentally taxing, but I find it interesting to think how I would react to those situations. As someone with a huge interest in psychology, I guess I just find it interesting to write with that kind of focus to it. Thinking about it, I think that it's partly to escape my own reality and project those feelings and experiences onto a character that I can manipulate...I'm starting to sound really sadistic right now. But I guess it's true, it's really cathartic to basically torture a character because it really helps me control my own, often out of control, emotions. I have a lot of issues with depression, anxiety and anger problems, which by projecting them onto a character, I feel that I can control them in the times when I am writing them. (wow, that got really deep and personal whoops okay I'mma stop now)

@ranger
the fact you had to google "crisps" made me really wonder how weird England is to the rest of the world
Then I realise we have a holiday that celebrates someone failing to blow up parliament by blowing stuff up (fireworks), and an annual TV show that sends celebrities to the Australian jungle and makes them eat bugs and face their fears (I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! - google it, I look forward to it all year). Welcome to British culture guys ^^'

Guess what? Another story time!
So just the other day I was chatting with IRL Writer Friend™ and we were discussing all the horrible scenes we have to write. I think the convo started because someone brought up pineapple on pizza and he joked that I should put it behind one of the doors (he has come up with a couple of good suggestions tbh). Anyways, I was just sat there kind of listening to him go on about having to kill off characters, including children, and I was just sat there like yeah that sucks. But then I kind of come out with "I have to write a (censored for CS rules/spoilers) scene" and he was just like 'damn'. Not really that funny when I can't explain what the scene is bc rules but I just wanted to share.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whispered Melody » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 am

Please read my mini novel!Darkness Risen:Conjured

Why do I write?

Writing helps me escape from the world. It lets me be creative and enjoy myself through writing. I'm also very bad at art?
Code: Select all
What POV is your favorite?:
Who do you take inspiration from?:
Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?;
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 am

What POV is your favorite?: Third limited, though I've been experimenting with first and second recently

Who do you take inspiration from?: Patrick Rothfuss and Dr. Seuss. ya, that's a weird combo

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?; PTEN Yes? It's kinda faltered due to WB and school stuff, though...

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets