❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Klain » Tue May 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Klain wrote:A
I just realized that I start every paragraph with I. It annoys me. I'm really trying to start with another word, but no. Ugh. Do you have the same 'problem' sometimes? What are you doing that this sin't happeing (to much)?

Like Winged said, it doesn't matter in the first draft, but when you're trying to revise and redraft, then you should definitely pay attention to the little stylistic/flow things. Just think of all the ways you could rephrase a sentence without making it sound weird--a sentence like "I punch the table" could be adapted to "My fist smashes into the table" but not "Into the table punches my fist". Just be aware of it, and you'll do fine.
[/quote]
I alwys trying to change the sentence but it turn out to this "Into the table punches my fist" :lol:
It's not ready yet, so I guess it's not such a big problem c:

Do you write a lot of fanfiction? What kind? How does it affect your other, longer writings?
I wrote them when I was a kid. A very lot. Lol. Now I don't do it, it's just doesn't my thing anymore
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Do you write a lot of fanfiction? What kind? How does it affect your other, longer writings?
I've tried to write fanfic a couple of times, but I have a hard time creating characters and storylines inside of someone else's world. I guess I'm just possessive over my things.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 am

No. I suppose I got to my original ideas more quickly than some fanfiction writers, but I also never had anyone else's characters and worlds to stand upon. My real-life writer friends think I'm arrogant for never having written fanfiction, but it just never appealed to me. Making characters and worlds are my favorite parts of writing, so that's probably why I dislike it.
@Bucket
    I like the quote!

Speaking of,
Code: Select all
[b]Do you have any favorite authors or quotes?[/b]
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 am

I'm actually starting to; so far, it's been pretty inconsistent, so I'd say it isn't really hampering progress on other stories. *shrugs* Right now, it's basically just Voltron stuff that I'm writing - all those lovely shenanigans, right?

Do you have any favorite authors or quotes?
Well, two of the authors would be Rick Riordan and James Patterson, and the quotes would be . . . actually, nothing comes to mind right now.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Wed May 24, 2017 5:48 am

I have so many favorite authors, but I'll say Marissa Meyer because her books are fantastic and I've met her a few times (and she remembers me everytime I go to a signing!!!

And one of my favorite quotes is from the book Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs.

"You don't choose the books you fall in love with anymore than you choose the people you fall in love with. It just happens, and when it happens, you know."
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed May 24, 2017 11:38 am

*laughs, then cries*
This is a really bad question to ask while I'm around.
Maggie Steifvater, Rick Riordan, Eoin Colfer, James Dashner, John Flanagan, Gail Carriger, Cameron Jace, and Chanda Hahn, not necessarily in that order.
But they're all really good authors; you guys should check them out.

As for quotes...
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Arthur O'Shaughnessy
"Alchemists tried for centuries to turn base metals into gold. Every time we sit down and put words on paper, we succeed where they failed. We're conjuring something out of nothing." - Jonathan Stroud
"It is only in love and murder that we still remain sincere." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
EVERYTHING THAT Robert Frost has said.
Same with Oscar Wilde.
I got kinda carried away I'm sorry. There's still more too but I won't post them.
Except this one: "Dream me the world." - Gansey, The Raven Cycle.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I WILL LIMIT MYSELF TO ONE OR ELSE WE'LL BE HERE ALL DAY.
HOW COULD YOU ASK SUCH A THING?!
HEELLLLPPPP
THIS IS GOING TO KILL ME INSIDE !
NO !
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE ? !
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i give up i just cant pick a favourite author lets go to quotes now rip bye

Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey if it doesn't look like mutton again tomorrer!
I dont know why I like it so much, but oh well c':
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed May 24, 2017 3:03 pm

natsukashii wrote:xxx
I've written a new piece that I'm planning on updating fairly frequently ouo It's basically centered around my persona - I'd really love it if I could get some feedback on it!

For those of you who've read it and don't understand what I was going for in the prologue: Vincent has eleven "alter egos" living inside his mind. However, instead of just being these mental concepts, the alter egos are actually all different aspects of what make Vincent who he is. They can temporarily take over his body and change his appearance dramatically - none of them look quite the same as Vincent, but they're all the same person, essentially. They're all Vincent, but from alternate realities. (This will be developed further as the story goes on.)

I love it!! Can't wait to read more c:

Rick Riordian, J.K. Rowling, James Dashner, and...yeah. Quotes?? We could be here all day, man.

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit."
~Richard Bach

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
~Anton Chekhov

"Write until it becomes as natural as breathing. Write until not writing makes you anxious."
~Unknown

"Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole bunch of people trying to be one person."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

And here's a little something for y'all to relate to. I sure as heck do, aha.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Lol that meme tho XD ^^

kinda how I feel when explaining my stories... but you'd need a more negative light for that XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Ranger... why.... why is THAT your favorite??????

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me