create a clan ✽ aspenclan archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

create a clan ✽ aspenclan archive

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 am

Introduction - The Cats - Territory - Traditions

In the forum game Create a Clan, created by kaden and owned by Katrione, users are able to create their own warrior cat clan and have it grow over time. I created Aspenclan on the second version of the game on 1/5/17, and frankie (dup) replies to my posts. This archive was made to store posts and important information.
    Some posts have been slightly edited for spelling and grammar.

Font credit: © ©

Aspenclan was named not for the trees, but for the cat who was meant to be the first leader. The clan's actual first leader, Robinstar, grew up in a faraway clan called Seedclan. Robinstar, Robinstorm back then, was young and determined, and it was no secret that she aspired to be the deputy. When she was 30 moons old, she witnessed the murder of the existing deputy. Robinstorm's ambition was mistaken for greed and envy, so she was almost unanimously framed for the murder. She tried to tell her clanmates the truth, but that only turned them further away from her. It took no time at all for her to be exiled. Only one cat stayed by her side, a tom named Aspenfur. The two of them had been close since kithood, and Aspenfur cared enough about Robinstorm to run away from Seedclan when she was exiled. They lived as loners for a year before Aspenfur proposed the idea of making their own clan. He was to be the leader, and Robinstorm would be the deputy. They were both full of excitement at the thought of their new life together. On the way to the moonpool, however, where Aspenfur would receive his name and his lives, they came across a nasty pair of badgers. Robinstorm made it out alive, but Aspenfur died while leaping in front of the she-cat in an attempt to protect her. Robinstorm was battered, bloody, and afraid, but she managed to heal and to receive her nine lives. She found a proper spot in an aspen forest to establish the clan, and Aspenclan has been there ever since.

Lionclan | noctenne | Allies
Clan | Owner | Status
Last edited by røsebud on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:23 am, edited 31 times in total.
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aspenclan archive ✽ the cats

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am

Leader
          Robinstar | female |
          formerly Robinstorm
          Lives: ✯✯✯✯✩✩✩✩✩
            1, 2 - drowning in the river
            3 - eating deathberries
            4 - drowning in the lake
            5 - hypothermia
          Deputy
          Tanglestep | male |
          _____walks with a limp

Medicine Cat
          Cloverwish | male |

Medicine Cat Apprentice
          Poppypaw | female |

Warriors [23]
          Dustleaf | male |
          Sandsight | male |
          Flickershade | male |
          Swiftfern | female |
          Driftwind | male |
          Jasperlight | female |
          Brackenfang | male |
          Tundrasting | female |
          Killfang | female |
          Mackerelclaw | male |
          Turtlecreek | female |
          Komaru | female |
          Pinetail | female |
          Alliumcurl | female |
          Cedarglint | male |
          Minkear | male |
          Birdbrook | female |
          Goosewing | male |
          Velvettuft | nonbinary |
          Lilyfrost | female |
          Nanamiwave | female |
          Cherrysnap | female |
          Rosethorn | female |

Apprentices [9]
          Crowpaw | male |
          Pipitpaw | male |
          Sparrowpaw | male |
          Brookpaw | female |
          Ravenpaw | male |
          Finpaw | male |
          Koipaw | male |
          Lionpaw | male |
          Squirrelpaw | female |

Queens [4]
          Marblestripe | female |
          Asterflame | female |
          Cloudmask | female |
          _____permanent queen
          Kiiro | female |

Kits [8]
          Sorrelkit | nonbinary |
          Sunkit | male |
          _____deaf in left ear
          Carneliankit | male |
          Citrinekit | female |
          Jadekit | male |
          Onyxkit | female |
          Charcoalkit | male |
          Flintkit | female |

Elders [1]
          Walnutbranch | male |
      Brambletooth Swiftfern
        Birdbrook
        Sparkfur (Groveclan)
      Unknown
        CloudmaskTanglestep
          Ivypaw (Clayclan)
          Poppypaw
          Pipitpaw (adopted)
          Finchpaw
          Sparrowpaw
        Asterflame ⚮ Unknown
          Leaffall (Briarclan)
          Mutesoft (Briarclan)
          Rosethorn
          Sweetpaw
        AsterflameLaceleaf (Hazelclan)
          Bambookit (Hazelclan)
          Sunkit
      Sootpelt (Hazeclan) Rippleberry (Birchclan)
        Pebblepaw
        Crowpool (Birchclan)
        Fennelshade (Birchclan)
        Ripplepaw (Birchclan)
        Goosewing ⚭ Snowynight (Vagaryclan)
          Ebonysmoke (Vagaryclan)
      Turtlecreek PinetailOakbreeze (Twistedclan)
        Brookpaw
        Ravenpaw
      Komaru Kiiro (bio father unknown)
        Nanamiwave
      Ashbark Brackenfang
      Jasperlight Unknown
        Finpaw
        Foxkit
        Koipaw
        Lionpaw
        Salmonkit
        Squirrelpaw
      Marblestripe ⚯ Unknown
        Carneliankit
        Citrinekit
        Jadekit
        Onyxkit (adopted)
      SandsightFlickershade
      Sootwhisker ⚯ Richterstar (Chessclan)
        Charcoalkit
        Flintkit
      Unknown
        Alliumcurl
        Cedarglint
      Tundrasting
        Sorrelkit (adopted)

[Cricketleap | female |
      _____[ apprentice | 14 moons ]
      _____throat clawed by Tanglestep
      Speckledpaw | male | ✽
      _____[ medicine cat apprentice | 15 moons ]
      _____fed deathberries by Tanglestep
      Shrikepaw | male | ✽
      _____[ apprentice | 11 moons ]
      _____killed in battle
      Brambletooth | male | ✽
      _____[ loner, former deputy | 57 moons ]
      _____drowned by Tanglestep
      Pebblepaw | male | ✽
      _____[ apprentice | 12 moons ]
      _____throat clawed by Tanglestep
      Sweetpaw | female |
      _____[ apprentice | 10 moons ]
      _____neck broken by Ashbark
      Salmonkit | male |
      _____[ kit | 0 moons ]
      _____stillborn
      Foxkit | female |
      _____[ kit | 0 moons ]
      _____stillborn
      Ashbark | female |
      _____[ warrior | 44 moons ]
      _____drowned on patrol
      Sootwhisker | female |
      _____[ queen | 42 moons ]
      _____kitting
      Finchpaw | male |
      _____[ apprentice | 10 moons ]
      _____caught in landslide
Last edited by røsebud on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:14 am, edited 59 times in total.
    rose • she/her • student • passions include writing and oreos
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aspenclan archive ✽ territory

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 am

Aspenclan is located in an expansive forest of aspen trees that cover nearly all of the territory. The camp is a large, sun-dappled hollow. The ground is littered with branches and leaves, and short grass grows beneath the cats' paws. Near the center of the hollow is the Half-Fallen tree. This is where meetings, announcements, and ceremonies occur. The aspen tree got its name because it appears to have been falling when its descent was stopped by the small cave that serves as the leader's den. The warrior and apprentice dens are both made of thick bushes of brambles, the elder den is an old badger sett, and the nursery is made of a dense thicket. A wall of brambles and twigs lines the clearing in an attempt to slow down raids or attacks. From the clearing, several paths have been gradually worn over time. The most prominent is the way to the training hollow, as this path is used nearly every day by multiple cats. The other defined paths through the forest are the ways to the moonpool and to the Gatherings. A short walk from the camp is a vast lake. Cats often come here to fish, hunt, or simply take a walk and watch the sunset. The temperatures can get very cold in Aspenclan, and when this happens, the lake has a chance of freezing over. A brief swim from land is a small island. "Cricketleap's Island" is where all apprentices must stay for 5 days before becoming warriors. The lake is not the only source of water and fish within the borders. Several streams and rivers flow through the territory, the largest of which serves as one of the clan's borders.

map by Katrione via Inkarnate

Direction: Clan | user
                Southeast: Clan | user
                South: Ivyclan | nightwolf950
                Southwest: Eclipseclan | Stormt4lon
                West: Whisperclan | mythic,,
                Northwest: Islandclan | 殺王
                North: Clan | user
                Northeast: Clan | user
                East: Lionclan | noctenne
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am, edited 26 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aspenclan archive ✽ traditions

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 am

Aspenclan members use catkins, leaves, and other materials to show rank. Each rank in Aspenclan is represented in a unique way:

Leader: catkin crown decorated with one leaf for every life they have
      Deputy: plain crown
      Medicine Cat: catkin around base of tail, first herb used behind ear
      Medicine Cat Apprentice: catkin around ankle, first herb used behind ear
      Warrior: necklace of catkins, with feathers to indicate kits; an aspen leaf hanging off to the left indicates an apprentice, in the center indicates a mate
      Apprentice: catkin around ankle
      Kit: feather (optional)
      Queen: necklace of catkins, one feather hanging from necklace for each kit
      Elder: leaf behind ear

When a cat dies, their rank indicator is removed and placed in the lake to drift off and return to nature. Cats' graves are marked with their kitfeathers. Cats generally do not touch others' kitfeathers, with the exception of after a cat's death; the cat they are closest to is the one to place the feather on top of the grave.

A kit's first fresh-kill is an important moment. The first prey they eat has to be a bird according to tradition. The kits share the bird between littermates and with their mother. The kit(s) and queen take one feather each from the bird. The queen attaches one feather for each kit to her chain of catkins. A kit's father may elect to do this as well. A kit can choose to wear their feather somewhere on their body, but it isn't enforced. After the apprentice ceremony, the cats hold onto their feather, many weaving it into their nest or den wall. Losing your feather is considered a terrible loss. Cats that aren't clan-born but join Aspenclan as apprentices or adults still receive a kitfeather when they have their first fresh kill at camp, but they don't wear it as a kit might.

In order to become a warrior, an Aspenclan apprentice must first swim to a small island in the lake with their mentor and either the medicine cat or the medicine cat apprentice. They must survive on their own. Their mentor will supervise, but they and the medicine cat must not interact or interfere with the apprentice unless they are in serious danger. They stay on the island for 5 days, and on the 5th day, all cats on the island hunt and share prey together. Once dusk grows near, the mentors and apprentices travel to the center of the island where the apprentices leave their anklets and the mentors leave the leaf that shows that they have an apprentice, then they swim back home for the ceremony. The island got its name because of Cricketpaw, the first cat to go on the island, and the first death of the Clan. A few days into her stay at the island, she was devastatingly killed by Tanglestep, her mentor. Robinstar arrived just in time to give Cricketpaw her warrior name, Cricketleap, before the young she-cat joined the ranks of Starclan. The island was named in memory of her.
Last edited by røsebud on Tue May 12, 2020 3:00 am, edited 14 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aspenclan archive ✽ early posts

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 am

The following posts were recovered from the now-deleted CAC V2 thread with the help of the CS staff. All incriminating elements that lead to the game's shutdown have been removed. Some posts have been slightly edited for spelling and grammar.

starter wrote:Aspenclan is located in a vast aspen forest. Not far from the main camp is a vast lake. Its cats are generally good swimmers and climbers, and they often have light-colored coats and lithe, fast figures. The clan as a whole is usually kind, accepting and agreeable, though they can be secretive. They have a good connection to Starclan and are very loyal to the Warrior Code. The leader's name is Robinstar, she is a female and she is 42 moons old.

one wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 01

Robinstar's gaze swept over the clearing, and she padded through it, sniffing carefully. It didn't smell as if any cats had been there, at least for many moons. As she explored the area, a plan to start her own clan was forming in her mind. Of course, there was no way she could do it on her own. She would need assistance. The she-cat marked her new territory, then briskly set off, her lean figure weaving through the tree trunks. Eventually, she reached the moonpool. Robinstar approached the pool and crouched down, carefully dipping her nose in the water. She awoke surrounded by the starry figures of her ancestors. She smiled and began to explain her plan to build up a new clan and her desire for more cats.
[Robinstar asks Starclan for a deputy]

two wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 02

"My name is Robinstar," she mewed, dipping her head. The russet tabby nodded in return. "I'm Brambletooth. I recently ran away from my previous clan," he said quietly. "...You're a leader?" Robinstar smiled. "I'm the leader and founder of Aspenclan," she explained. She hesitated for a moment, thinking about her visit to the moonpool. "I've been looking for a deputy... Would you care to join my clan?" Brambletooth blinked, slightly surprised. "I'd be honored," he mewed, smiling brightly. "The camp is this way," Robinstar mewed, following her own scent trail back to the clearing. For a moment, she wondered if choosing the first cat she came across to be her deputy was a good idea, but immediately pushed that thought away. There was no way that Brambletooth appearing after her moonpool visit could be anything but Starclan's work. They arrived in the small clearing, and Brambletooth took a moment to wander around the area, just as Robinstar had done. "How about I go and mark the borders of the territory, and you can work on the dens?" Robinstar suggested. Brambletooth nodded in acknowledgement. There were already several patches of bushes and undergrowth that could be used as dens, but they would have to be fixed up before they could be lived in. With that, Robinstar left the camp, padding into the forest of aspen trees.
[Robinstar goes on patrol]

three wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 03

"This is no longer your land," Robinstar hissed. Perhaps she could have been more gracious if the rogue hadn't been so rude, but that unfortunately wasn't the case. The rogue she-cat, whose name was Fern, stood defiantly for a moment, but then seemed to give up. Her head bowed submissively, and she turned and began to shuffle away. A smug grin formed on Robinstar's face as a flurry of pride was stirred up inside of her. The brown and white leader turned and started to make her way back to the clearing when she was nearly knocked over by a sudden weight on her back and sharp claws digging into her skin. Robinstar rolled onto her back and Fern hopped off, hissing. The small rogue started to swipe at the leader's face, but pulled back and instead knocked her front paws out from beneath her. Before Robinstar had a chance to get up, Fern darted forward and pinned her to the ground with surprising strength. Robinstar, still in a bit of shock from the power and skill of the little she-cat, shook Fern off but didn't show any aggression towards her. "You fight well," the leader noted. Fern, though slightly perplexed at this reaction, made no response. "How would you like to join Aspenclan instead of fighting us?" Robinstar asked. Fern's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "And why would I want to do that?" she meowed. Robinstar smiled. "You don't have to, of course," she mewed, "but if you chose not to join, I'm afraid we would have to drive you from your territory." The hostile look in Fern's eyes softened. "Lead the way," she meowed softly. "I'm Fern,'' she added. "If you want one, you'll need a clan name, of course... How does Swiftfern sound?" Robinstar suggested as they walked, choosing the name because of the she-cat's quick, rapid fighting style. The new warrior allowed a tiny smile to creep onto her face. "I like Swiftfern," she mewed, her voice quiet. They arrived in camp as Brambletooth was building up a barrier around the clearing. When he saw Swiftfern, his head tilted in curiosity and his tail swished. "This is Swiftfern," Robinstar meowed in response to his unasked questioned. "Swiftfern, this is Brambletooth, Aspenclan's deputy. Brambletooth, how about I take that over, and you and Swiftfern can familiarize yourselves with the territory and each other, and maybe catch some prey?" she asked, padding over to where Brambletooth had left off. "Sure thing, Robinstar," Brambletooth said with a smile. He approached Swiftfern, and they both nodded in greeting. "Let's go, then," Swiftfern meowed, bounding from the camp with Brambletooth by her side.
[Brambletooth and Swiftfern go hunting/patrolling]

four wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 03
Next Moonpool Visit: 6 days (January 13)

Brambletooth smiled at Swiftfern. "You sure you don't want any he--" "Brambletooth, please," Swiftfern laughed. "I've lived alone in these woods for moons. I think I know how to hunt." Brambletooth blushed beneath his russet pelt and dropped into his hunter's crouch. He stalked forward, then pounced, his claws pulling a small bird to the ground. "So where are you from?" Swiftfern asked, padding over to Brambletooth. The tabby deputy hesitated. "I had been in a different clan, but I ended up running away. The clan was... bad, to say the least. Cruel and cold-hearted. So I left, and I've tried to put it behind me," he meowed. Swiftfern gave him a small smile. "Come on, slowpoke. Robinstar's probably waiting," she mewed playfully, going to dig up the prey that she had buried to keep it safe. Brambletooth did the same, and together they padded back to camp. Swiftfern dumped her prey in the fresh-kill pile, and Brambletooth found Robinstar in her den and gave her the bird he had caught. "Thanks, Brambletooth," she mewed with a smile. "How was Swiftfern?" Brambletooth glanced behind him to see the new warrior taking a small mouse from the fresh kill pile. "She's a pretty good hunter," he meowed. Robinstar smiled, pleased with this news. She padded outside and greeted Swiftfern before sitting down and taking a small bite of the bird. The three members of the tiny Aspenclan ate together and talked happily until the sun was nearly down. Robinstar started to stand, but Brambletooth beat her to it. "You did the morning patrol and worked hard today on the camp, which looks excellent, by the way. I'll take care of the border patrol," he meowed. Robinstar smiled, sending a dozen thanks to Starclan for sending her Brambletooth as a deputy. "Alright, but please, sleep as late as you want tomorrow morning." Brambletooth smiled and nodded before leaving camp. (I'm considering a relationship between Swiftfern and Brambles, but I may wait until I have more cats. I'm not really sure.)
[Brambletooth goes on border patrol]

five wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 04
Next Moonpool Visit: 5 days (January 13)

Brambletooth padded into camp, the gray tabby cat trailing close behind. Swiftfern had been grooming herself near the warrior den but was now curiously observing the new cat. "Robinstar!" the deputy called. The leader emerged from her den and spotted the unfamiliar tom. He dipped his head respectfully and gave her a smile. "It's nice to meet you, Robinstar. My name is Sootpelt. I know quite a bit about herbs and the like, so I was hoping that I could be Aspenclan's medicine cat." Robinstar looked to Brambletooth for a moment, then smiled, her gaze returning to Sootpelt. "We would love that," she purred. "I'm Robinstar, as you know. Brambletooth may have already introduced himself, and over there is Swiftfern. Follow me." The brown and white leader led Sootpelt to the medicine den that she and Brambletooth had put together. The tabby poked his head inside, peering around inquisitively. "Thank you," he meowed earnestly after he had emerged, then turned to Brambletooth. "And thank you, as well, for bringing me here." Brambletooth nodded and smiled. "Unfortunately, I don't have too many herbs at the moment, so I should get some more," he mewed quickly. Robinstar's gaze followed the tabby, wondering what had caused him to hurry from camp so soon. What she didn't know what that not only was Sootpelt collecting herbs, he had begun to feel embarrassed due to the attention. When he had another task to focus on, however, such as his work, he did just fine.
[Sootpelt goes looking for herbs]

six wrote:
Aspenclan
Next Moonpool Visit: 4 days (January 13)

Sootpelt returned to camp to find most of the clan asleep in their dens, with the sole exception of Robinstar, who seemed to be on the lookout for something. When she spotted him, she greeted him with a smile, yawned, and turned to go into her den. The gray tabby came to the realization that it was him she had been waiting for, and immediately felt a pang of guilt for idling in the forest. He padded into the medicine den and got to work sorting his herbs by use. When he was satisfied and all of his herbs had been organized into tidy little piles, the medicine cat curled up in a corner of the den and fell asleep.

Robinstar awoke the next morning to find Swiftfern standing at the fresh-kill pile, trying to make up her mind as to whether or not she was hungry. "Good morning, Swiftfern," she mewed with a friendly smile. "Hello, Robinstar," the white and ginger she-cat meowed in return, looking up at Robinstar. "Since Brambletooth isn't up yet," the leader mewed, "Would you like to go on a patrol with me?" She and the younger warrior had started off on pretty bad terms, what with Robinstar trying to force Swiftfern out of her home and Swiftfern almost trying to kill Robinstar. The leader knew that trying to get Swiftfern to like her was a bit of a long shot, but all she was aiming for was a neutral feeling, which seemed pretty achievable. Swiftfern cast a glance toward the warriors' den, where Brambletooth was still asleep. "Sure, why not?" she meowed, giving in and following Robinstar from camp.

Brambletooth's bright green eyes fluttered open only a few minutes later. He stretched and looked around, quickly realizing that Swiftfern wasn't there. Wondering how late he was, the ginger deputy sprang from his den, only to find the camp vacant. He peeked inside Robinstar's den and saw that it, too, was empty. Coming to the conclusion that Robinstar and Swiftfern had gone off on a patrol, Brambletooth sat down near the center of camp, wishing he had gotten up earlier. He loved the quick, bold confidence with which Swiftfern hunted or did anything, really. Brambletooth caught himself, shaking these thoughts from his head. He considered going on a patrol of his own to clear his mind, but figured Robinstar would want to know where he was if she returned and instead resolved to wait either until they returned or Sootpelt woke up.
[Robinstar and Swiftfern go on patrol]

seven wrote:
Aspenclan
Next Moonpool Visit: today (probably after the gathering)

Swiftfern padded over to Brambletooth, her tail swishing happily. "Robinstar mentioned a gathering tonight... You excited for your first one as a deputy?" she purred, smiling. "Well, yes," he replied carefully, "though I'm worried about how the other, older clans might react to Aspenclan. I hope we get some allies. This...this is your first ever gathering, right?" Swiftfern frowned, her eyes narrowing in a slight grimace. She wasn't usually fond of being around so many other cats, unlike Brambletooth. "Yes, and I'm thrilled," she meowed, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Do all of the clans really come?" Her eyes were wide with subtle hints of dread and worry. Brambletooth gave her a sympathetic smile and nodded. Suddenly, his gaze fell and he looked somewhat insecure. "If you want... I could stay by your side and do the talking for you. You wouldn't have to socialize at all," he mewed cautiously, a small, playful smile creeping onto his face. Swiftfern smiled. "I'd like that," she mewed quietly, moving closer to the deputy. Brambletooth blushed beneath his pelt, trying to conceal his bashful smile.

Sootpelt was in his den, counting his herbs for the 4th time. The entirety of little Aspenclan would be at the gathering, so the tabby tom had to make sure nothing was stolen. The medicine cat gave a small sigh and exited the den, his tail waving in anticipation. This would be his first chance to get accustomed with the cats of the different clans, and he didn't want to screw up. He sat down and closed his eyes, mentally rehearsing what he would say if or when he was spoken to.

Meanwhile, Robinstar was grooming her brown and white pelt. A flurry of excitement and anxiety was rushing through her mind. It was Aspenclan's first gathering, and she was determined to make a good impression. The last thing the tiny clan needed was an enemy, as their small numbers would easily be terminated by almost any other clan. She couldn't let the other clans think that she was weak, but she also couldn't allow them to think of her as a threat that needed to be eliminated. The leader took a couple deep breaths and put on a confident expression. She strode from her den and turned to her three clanmates. "Are you ready? I don't want us to be late," she meowed, then exited camp, leading Aspenclan to the gathering.
[Aspenclan goes to the gathering.]

eight wrote:
Aspenclan
Number of Cats: 05
Next Moonpool Visit: today

Tanglestep, escorted by Robinstar and Swiftfern, padded into the camp with wide eyes. Brambletooth bounded forward immediately to introduce himself, while Sootpelt watched from his den like a shy kit."Hello, I'm Brambletooth. I'm the deputy of Aspenclan," Brambletooth meowed with a small smile. The new warrior dipped his head in greeting. "My name is Tanglestep, and I'm very happy to be here," he mewed. "Brambletooth, why don't you show Tanglestep around the territory and mark the borders?" Robinstar suggested. The ginger deputy tried to hide his disappointment. He had waited for what felt like moons for Swiftfern to return, and now that she was back, he had to leave. "Alright," he meowed, resigned. He motioned with his tail to Tanglestep to follow and padded from camp with the new warrior by his side.

As Robinstar watched Brambletooth and Tanglestep pad off, she felt a flurry of pride. In the past 24 hours, she had gained four allies and another warrior. She smiled as she thought of how much her clan will have grown by the next Gathering. However, it was lacking in young cats, which were necessary for the growth of a clan. The leader chose a small hare from the fresh kill pile and ate it quickly. "I'm going to the moonpool," she mewed to Sootpelt and Swiftfern. Without another word, she bounded from camp. When the leader arrived at the sacred pool, she crouched down and touched her nose to the water. Robinstar opened her eyes to see that she was surrounded by the starry figures of her ancestors. She greeted them, then began to explain her desire for younger cats in the clan.

Sootpelt sat in his den, staring at his paws. No matter how hard he tried not to, he couldn't help but think about the pretty medicine cat from the Gathering. He knew it was wrong and foolish, but his heart seemed to be overpowering his mind. With a start, the fluffy tom realized that he hadn't even asked the she-cat her name. This is a good thing, he told himself. A relationship would make things worse. Still, if the other medicine cat was from Birchclan as he had thought, the two clans were now allies, so it wasn't that bad... The medicine cat padded briskly from his den. "Herb collecting," he mewed tersely to a surprised Swiftfern. "...Alright," she meowed in return, confused by his suddenly hurried demeanor. A small part of him hoped that he might accidentally run into the Birchclan medicine cat. Although Sootpelt tried to push these thoughts away, he did find himself subconsciously straying in the direction of the other clan's territory.
[Brambletooth and Tanglestep go on patrol]
[Robinstar asks Starclan for apprentices]
[Sootpelt goes looking for herbs]

nine wrote:
AspenClan

Number of Cats: 06
Next Moonpool Visit: Jan 21

Sootpelt made his way back to camp, stuck between disappointment and satisfaction. He had been hoping to come across that Birchclan medicine cat, but to no avail. He had, however, come across some catmint, which would definitely be helpful in the moons of leaf bare. When he entered camp, he immediately noticed the small russet she-cat standing beside Robinstar. Sootpelt ducked into his den and quickly sorted out his new herbs, then sat outside the entrance, curiously watching the new cat.

Tanglestep eyed Brambletooth as they returned to camp. In his opinion, the large ginger tabby wasn't well-suited to be a deputy. He seemed very distracted during their entire patrol. Tanglestep knew that he, himself, would make a much better leader than the clumsy tabby. All her had to do was win over Robinstar's trust, then stage a little... accident for Brambletooth. The warrior purred at the thought of leading the clan. Under his reign, Aspenclan would surely thrive, and possibly be able to drive out some of the weaker clans. Of course, becoming deputy was one thing, but he would have to get rid of Robinstar as well, and those nine lives could be a challenge. Tanglestep's tail lashed in frustration, but luckily, the deputy didn't seem to notice.

Once the clan had gathered, Robinstar leapt up onto the Half-Fallen Tree. (The tree's fall appeared to have been stopped halfway by the rock that served as Robinstar's den so that the top rose into the air at an angle.) She felt no need to call for a meeting, as the cats had already noticed the soon-to-be-apprentice. "While I was at the moonpool, I asked Starclan for an apprentice, and on my way home I came across the young cat standing before you today." Robinstar motioned with her tail and the small she-cat warily padded forward to stand at the base of the tree. "From this day forward, this she-cat will be known as Cherrypaw. She has been accepted into AspenClan and will train as the clan's first apprentice," the leader announced with a proud smile. "Brambletooth, you will be Cherrypaw's mentor. I trust that you will pass on to her not only your skills, but your noble spirit." Tanglestep sneered. Noble! That tabby doesn't even know what noble means! he thought angrily. Brambletooth stepped forward to meet Cherrypaw and bent down to touch his nose to hers. Cherrypaw pulled away at first, but then returned the gesture. "Don't worry," he murmured, giving her a reassuring smile. "You're doing fine. Get some rest; we'll start training tomorrow." Swiftfern watched him, purring. He would make an excellent father, she thought wistfully, and for once she didn't chase the thoughts away. Once Cherrypaw had padded away to the apprentice den, Brambletooth approached the leader. "Robinstar, while Tanglestep and I were patrolling, we came across a trail." At the sound of his name, Tanglestep's ears swiveled curiously and he padding over to the two other cats. The large tabby turned to the warrior. "Tanglestep, you know the way. Go there with Robinstar and see what you can find," he ordered. Robinstar nodded, a hint of worry etched onto her face, and followed Tanglestep from camp.

The truth was, Brambletooth had been distracted for a while now. After Tanglestep and Robinstar had padded off, Brambletooth padded up to Swiftfern and cleared his throat. "Swiftfern, would you like to go on a, um, a hunting patrol with me? I found a really good spot earlier while on patrol," he mewed. Swiftfern smiled, hearing the nerves in his voice. "Of course," she purred, her fur brushing against his as they walked. Brambletooth seemed to make a few random turns as he went in order to arrive at the lake just as the sun was setting. Swiftfern padded to the edge of the water, gazing at the reflection of the colorful sky. When she turned around, Brambletooth was holding a small bouquet of daisies, which he set gingerly at her paws. "Swiftfern, we've known each other for a few moons now, and I've been wanting to do this since our first patrol together." He paused, his heart pounding. Swiftfern stretched up to lick his forehead. "I was wondering when you'd finally ask," she purred. The question hung unspoken in the air, but it might as well have been shouted from a mountaintop. "So can I take that at a yes?" Brambletooth mewed, feeling as if he might burst with joy. "A thousand times yes," Swiftfern purred, and Brambletooth licked her cheek affectionately. "I love you, Brambletooth," she murmured softly. "And I love you, Fern," Brambletooth whispered. "No matter what your name is." Swiftfern closed her eyes, pressed against her new mate as the lake water washed over their paws. They were both lost in the moment, a moment that they hoped to preserve forever.

[Tanglestep and Robinstar patrol]
[Swiftfern and Brambletooth are now mates]

ten wrote:
AspenClan
Number of Cats: 07
Next Moonpool Visit: Jan 29

Tanglestep padded up to the newly named Cricketpaw, who clumsily bumped her nose against his. The clan cheered for the new apprentice and Robinstar leapt from the Half-Fallen Tree, concluding the meeting. "You'll have to learn to control your eagerness of you ever want to be a warrior," Tanglestep meowed sternly, rubbing his muzzle with the back of a forepaw. Cricketpaw's excited expression fell. "Sorry..." she mewed meekly, ducking her head in embarrassment. "I'm going to visit the moonpool," Robinstar announced simply. The clan mewed their goodbyes, and leader padded off. When she reached the pool, she wasted no time touching her white muzzle to the water and allowing herself to fall fast asleep. Robinstar greeted her ancestors, smiling gingerly, then made her request.

Brambletooth approached Tanglestep and motioned with his tail for Cherrypaw to join him. "Tanglestep, how would you like to come with me to the river, and we can train our apprentices together?" he suggested. The warrior's eyes narrowed, but he reluctantly agreed. "Great! Let's go!" Cricketpaw chirped eagerly from behind her mentor. Tanglestep turned quickly to face her. "It's rude to eavesdrop on warriors' conversations," he scolded, and Cricketpaw shrunk back, her calico fur bristling defensively. Luckily, she didn't seem affected by the chastisement for long, and she was smiling brightly as soon as the four cats padded from camp. "So, Cherrypaw, when were you made an apprentice?" she asked the other she-cat. Cherrypaw didn't answer and instead eyed the younger apprentice with a judgmental stare. "Cherrypaw received her apprentice name only a moon ago," Brambletooth replied, giving Cricketpaw a small smile.
[Robinstar asks Starclan for a medicine cat apprentice]
[Cherrypaw and Cricketpaw train]
Last edited by røsebud on Mon May 10, 2021 8:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

eleven (first on V.3) ✽ 1/27/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:47 am

AspenClan
Number of Cats: 08
Next Moonpool Visit: Jan 29

Cricketpaw returned from training and dropped off the prey that she had caught during her lesson. Cherrypaw did the same, trailing behind the younger apprentice. The russet she-cat went straight to the den, curling up in her nest for a nap. After Cricketpaw had selected a small mouse, she followed, choosing the nest right next to Cherrypaw's. "Want to share?" she asked, nudging the piece of fresh-kill towards her denmate. Cherrypaw sat up, and for a moment Cricketpaw thought that she might accept her offer. "Not with you," Cherrypaw replied, then making a point of dragging her nest to the opposite side of the den. Cricketpaw, wounded, opened her mouth to protest, but the other apprentice was already asleep. The young calico frowned and padded outside to eat in silence. After a few minutes, she spotted Robinstar through the trees, a small, speckled tom at her heels. The two cats entered the camp, Cricketpaw watching curiously. "I'll go fetch Sootpelt," the leader mewed quietly to the tiny cat, who nodded, a mixture of excitement and anxiety in his eyes. "Hi! I'm Cricketpaw!" the apprentice mewed, bounding up to the new cat. "My name's Speckledpaw. Well, now it is. I want to train to be a medicine cat apprentice," he mewed. "I'm a quick learner," he said by way of explanation, "and StarClan itself is what led me here." Cricketpaw's eyes were wide. StarClan had never seemed to communicate with her, and she couldn't help but imagine what it would be like. Sootpelt emerged from his den, surprised to see the young black-and-white tom. "Speckledpaw, it it?" he asked, and the small cat nodded. Sootpelt hesitated. He had never really had an apprentice before, and he wasn't very good with young cats. But if this cat was sent from StarClan, as Robinstar had told him, Sootpelt couldn't deny him. "I'm very happy to have you as my apprentice." Speckledpaw beamed. He followed the furry gray tabby into the den, eager to learn about the different herbs.

After Cherrypaw had awoken from her nap, she lumbered over to Brambletooth. "Can we go training again?" she asked, looking slightly reluctant. Brambletooth bit his lip, casting an anxious glance at the nursery, where Swiftfern would soon be having her kits. He certainly didn't want to miss such a turning point for both him and his clan. "Our brave and powerful deputy is scared," Tanglestep meowed mockingly. Brambletooth stood up at once, his tail lashing. "He's afraid that his precious little mate won't be able to take care of herself, and she'll need to be rescued." Brambletooth launched himself at the warrior, but his reckless anger made him clumsy and Tanglestep easily ducked away. "Picking a fight with your own clanmate? And in front of your apprentice, too?" Tanglestep meowed, feigning shock. "I'll take you, Cherrypaw. At least I'll be a better mentor than him." Tanglestep sneered and led Brambletooth's apprentice from camp. Cherrypaw mimicked his expression, padding off by his side. Brambletooth's tail continued to whip back and forth as he paced angrily.

A sharp gasp resonated from within the nursery, and Brambletooth immediately raced to the medicine den. "Sootpelt—Swiftfern's kits!" he gasped. Sootpelt turned immediately to Speckledpaw. "Do you know what raspberry leaves look like?" The young apprentice nodded quickly. "Good. Get some of those. And borage leaves, if you can find them. Bring someone if you think that would help. Quickly! Go!" the medicine cat urged. Speckledpaw immediately bolted from the den. "Cricketpaw! Can you help me with something?" The calico she-cat jumped to her feet immediately and followed her new friend from camp as he breathlessly explained what they were looking for. Sootpelt snatched up a stick that had fallen from one of the many trees and went quickly to the nursery, Brambletooth on his heel. The dark gray tom turned, exasperated, to the deputy. "Brambletooth, can I please have some space to do my job?" Brambletooth knew better than to protest, but he could hardly bear to be separated from Swiftfern. As he paced outside the den, Robinstar approached him slowly. "You seem to have quite a bit of excess energy," she noted, a smile playing at her maw. "Come. Let's go hunting." Brambletooth's jaw practically dropped to the forest floor. "Robinstar, you know I say this with utmost respect, but are you crazy?" The leader didn't seem offended; she simply smiled knowingly. "She still has a bit of time before the kits come, and we won't be out for long. We won't even go far. You'll be able to hear your mate or Sootpelt if one of them calls for you." Brambletooth wanted terribly to argue, but he knew deep down that Robinstar was right. "Let's get this over with, and quickly," he murmured under his breath before begrudgingly padding after Robinstar.

[Cherrypaw trains]
[Speckledpaw and Cricketpaw look for raspberry leaves and possibly borage leaves]
[Brambletooth and Robinstar go on a hunting patrol]
[Swiftfern is having her kits!]

1/28/17; purrfect. wrote:
cherrypaw learned the fighting skill!

the herbs speckledpaw and cricketpaw found were used during the kitting.

your patrol caught one fish and a vole!

swiftfern gave birth to two healthy kits!
[ kit one, kit two ]
Last edited by røsebud on Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:25 am, edited 12 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twelve ✽ 1/29/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am

AspenClan
Number of Cats: 10
Next Moonpool Visit: today

Brambletooth sat in the nursery with his tail curled around his paws, talking quietly with Swiftfern while their two kits slept. Birdkit was curled up, nuzzling in her mother's belly fur, and Sparkkit was squirming restlessly in his slumber. Swiftfern gently pulled him closer, comfortingly licking his bright yellow fur until he calmed down. Brambletooth sighed. He wanted nothing more than to stay in the nursery and watch over his mate and kits, but he knew that he had to hunt. There was hardly enough fresh-kill to last the day, and since Robinstar had left earlier for the moonpool, it was necessary that he went out to hunt for food. "I'll be back as soon as I can," Brambletooth murmured, bending down to gently lick Swiftfern's cheek. "Don't worry, Brambletooth. I'm not going anywhere," Swiftfern purred in response, her whiskers twitching in amusement.

Once outside, Brambletooth went to the warriors' den to find Tanglestep. The warrior padded outside impatiently without waiting for the deputy to speak. Brambletooth frowned. He could sense that Tanglestep wasn't fond of him—and the feeling was mutual, for the most part—but he would have to force himself to go on patrol with him. "Get the apprentices; the four of us are going hunting," Brambletooth meowed tersely. Tanglestep padded briskly to the apprentice den, but he returned with only Cherrypaw at his side. "Cricketpaw wasn't there," Tanglestep mewed through gritted teeth. Cherrypaw smirked at the prospect of her fellow apprentice getting in trouble. "Hmm?" The calico apprentice trotted merrily from the medicine den, where she had been sharing tongues with Speckledpaw. "Did someone say my name? I was just talking with—" "I'm sure the medicine cats have better things to do that listen to your senseless chattering all day. And you have things to do as well," Tanglestep snapped. Cricketpaw looked wounded, but kept her mouth shut tight, turning to the medicine den to blink a silent goodbye to her friend. Brambletooth gave Cricketpaw a small, reassuring smile before leading the patrol into the forest.

Sootpelt eyed his apprentice as the hunting patrol bounded away. He couldn't help but wonder if Speckledpaw or Cricketpaw were just friends or if something more was forming between them, although they were both still young apprentices. The dark gray tabby felt a flicker of guilt inside of him when he thought of his relationship with Rippleberry, but that was quickly extinguished by memories of the warm, tingling feeling that he got when he was around her. "I think we're both a little distracted," Sootpelt mewed decisively, causing his apprentice to turn around suddenly, as if he had forgotten that Sootpelt was there. "Want to come and collect some herbs?" the older tabby asked. Speckledpaw blinked twice, then smiled. "Sure! Let's go," the spotted apprentice mewed cheerfully, padding from camp with his mentor at his side.

As this was all happening, Robinstar padded up to the moonpool and carefully touched her muzzle to the water, sending ripples across its surface. Within moments, sleep overtook her and she was dreaming. "It's very nice to see you all again," the leader mewed to the starry figures of her ancestors. "I would like to thank you for helping AspenClan's first kits to be born healthy. AspenClan is doing very well. However... With Swiftfern now a queen, we are low on warriors. I ask that you send us a warrior to protect and feed the clan. Thank you," she concluded before awakening.
[Hunting patrol: Brambletooth, Tanglestep, Cherrypaw, Cricketpaw]
[Collecting herbs: Sootpelt and Speckledpaw]
[Moonpool, asking for a warrior: Robinstar]

1/31/17; purrfect. wrote:
your patrol caught a mouse and a squirrel!

sootpelt and speckledpaw found yarrow and hawkweed!

starclan gave you a warrior!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:14 am, edited 13 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thirteen ✽ 1/31/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:43 am

Number of Cats: 11
Next Moonpool Visit: February 4

"Brambletooth," Robinstar called, padding over to her deputy. "Hmm?" The ginger tabby turned swiftly. Birdkit, who had been attempting to stand upright and playfully batting at her father's face, dropped down to all four paws. "Good morning, Miss Robinstar," the little tabby squeaked politely. Robinstar gave her a warm smile before focusing her attention back to Brambletooth, who looked confused as to why she was here. "Patrols," she urged quietly. Brambletooth blinked and licked his chest fur, looking slightly embarrassed. "Yes. Of course." He paused. "Come on, Sparkkit." Birdkit's ginger brother sighed loudly and dropped from Brambletooth's back, where he had been "spying". The large red tabby smiled and playfully cuffed his ear before stepping forward to address the clan, instantly serious once more. "Cloudmask and Robinstar, patrol the borders, and maybe catch some prey while you're at it. Tanglestep, you work on Cricketpaw's training, and I'll train Cherrypaw." Cloudmask silently approached Robinstar, who mewed a greeting at the young warrior. Cricketpaw and Speckledpaw had been talking quietly, but Speckledpaw quickly ducked inside his den and Cricketpaw padded briskly up to Tanglestep, not wanting him to snap at her again. Luckily, Tanglestep couldn't think up anything to chastise her for, and they were quickly on their way. Cherrypaw reluctantly emerged from the apprentice den. She found Brambletooth's almost kit-like enthusiasm to be somewhat cloying, but she was stuck with him, at least until she was made a warrior. Brambletooth had learned to just deal with his apprentice's attitude and was quiet as they left camp. This left just Sootpelt and Speckledpaw. "Let's get going, then," Sootpelt mewed, leading Speckledpaw from their den. "Where are we going?" the young apprentice inquired. "Herb collecting, of course. I was hoping I could also teach you a test you a bit on identifying certain herbs and their uses." Speckledpaw grinned, bouncing slightly as he trailed after his mentor.
Patrol/Hunting: Robinstar, Cloudmask
Training with Tanglestep: Cricketpaw
Training with Brambletooth: Cherrypaw
Herb Collecting/Training: Sootpelt, Speckledpaw

2/1/17; purrfect. wrote:
your patrol caught a robin!

cricketpaw and cherrypaw learned the climbing skill!

sootpelt and speckledpaw found goldenrod and dock!
Last edited by røsebud on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fourteen ✽ 2/2/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am

Next Moonpool Visit: February 4

Swiftfern sat by the nursery, watching lovingly as her kits shared a vole. Nearby, she noticed Cloudmask staring happily at Tanglestep. The pale queen padded up to the young warrior, amusement in her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me," Swiftfern mewed, snapping the other she-cat out of her dream-like state. "I didn't say anything!" Cloudmask mewed defensively, looking somewhat embarrassed. "Please, Cloudmask. Any mouse brain could tell what you're thinking," Swiftfern laughed, giving the new warrior a playful nudge. The white-and-gray she-cat blushed, a bashful smile spreading across her maw. "Is it really that obvious...?" she mewed quietly, and the queen gave her a reassuring smile. Swiftfern personally felt that Tanglestep was a bit of a jerk—although she would dislike him much more if she saw how he tormented Brambletooth and Cricketpaw—but Cloudmask was somewhat slow settling into the clan, and Swiftfern didn't want to make things harder for the young warrior by bashing her judgement. Besides, Cloudmask seemed to be sweet and kind, and if she liked Tanglestep, he couldn't be that bad. "Wish me luck," the small she-cat mewed to Swiftfern before approaching Tanglestep and asking if he wanted to share a fish with her. The pale golden queen couldn't hear his response, but it must have been positive, for Cloudmask flashed her an excited smile and went to retrieve a fish from the fresh-kill pile. Swiftfern turned her attention back to her kits, who were now rolling around in a play-fight. She sat up and watched a few tail lengths away in case anything went wrong. Sparkkit was stronger and larger than his sister physically, and he seemed to be very ambitious and determined as well. These qualities, the tabby queen knew, could one day make him a brave and noble warrior, but she had to be there to make sure he didn't take it too far.

"Tanglestep, lead Cricketpaw and Cloudmask on a hunting patrol," Brambletooth meowed decisively. He noticed that Cloudmask looked very pleased with this arrangement, and he wasn't sure if this was a good thing. "Robinstar, please patrol the borders." The brown-and-white leader nodded in acknowledgement before padding from the camp. Cricketpaw trotted out from the apprentice den to meet Tanglestep and Cloudmask outside. She bit her lip anxiously and braced herself to be berated by Tanglestep, but quickly realized that most of her mentor's attention was directed at Cloudmask. She exchanged an intrigued glance with Speckledpaw, who was watching from his den, before following the two warriors from the camp. "What about me?" Cherrypaw mewed as she padded from her den. "I was just about to go get you. We'll be training," Brambletooth meowed. "And I don't suspect it will be very long until Robinstar decides that you're fit to be a warrior." Cherrypaw's eyes lit up, and Brambletooth smiled. It wasn't often that he saw her very excited about anything. Brambletooth beckoned with his tail before bounding into the woods, his dark ginger apprentice by his side. "Let's not just sit around," Sootpelt mewed to his apprentice once Brambletooth and Cherrypaw had left. "Are we going herb collecting again?" Speckledpaw mewed with a sigh. Sootpelt frowned. "Would you rather sit in this den and chase your own tail all day? Come on, Speckledpaw," the dark gray tabby growled. His apprentice apologized quickly and Sootpelt's gaze softened. "There's no harm in expanding our herb stores, and every experience can be a learning experience." Speckledpaw smiled a bit as he trotted after his mentor, leaving the camp behind.
Hunting: Tanglestep, Cricketpaw, Cloudmask
Patrol: Robinstar
Herb Collecting/Training: Sootpelt, Speckledpaw

2/4/17; purrfect. wrote:
your cats caught a hare!

robinstar caught the scent of an injured kit! return quickly to add them to your clan.

sootpelt and speckledpaw found blackberry leaves and broom!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 am, edited 12 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fifteen ✽ 2/4/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 am

Next Moonpool Visit: February 11

Robinstar bounded back to camp, urgency in her eyes as she told Brambletooth what she had found. She finished by describing where she had picked up the scent. "Unfortunately, I can't come with you, as I have to visit the moonpool today," she concluded. Brambletooth nodded. "I'll bring Sootpelt with me," he decided. "Good thinking," the leader meowed. She hesitated a moment, then padded swiftly from the camp. The deputy rushed to the medicine den. "Sootpelt, Robinstar said that she scented an injured kit while out on patrol. I would like you to come with me," he explained. "Of course I'm coming. Speckledpaw, go see if you can find any herbs," the medicine cat ordered, smiling slightly as his apprentice briskly padded off without objection. To Brambletooth, he mewed, "We'll have to go quickly. Now where exactly did Robinstar say this kit was?" "I'll lead the way," the red tabby assured. "Tanglestep and Cloudmask, lead the apprentices on a hunting patrol," he meowed over his shoulder as he and Sootpelt padded from camp.

"You know why Robinstar's at the moonpool, right?" Cherrypaw whispered to Cricketpaw as they padded with the patrol into the forest. The younger apprentice looked confused. "No...why?" she mewed. Cherrypaw smirked. "Because I'm becoming a warrior," she purred smugly. The young calico opened her mouth to protest, but before she could say anything, Cherrypaw mewed, "Brambletooth told me himself." Cricketpaw scowled, and the older apprentice looked very content with herself. However, a small grin gradually spread across the younger she-cat's face. "You know what? I'm happy for you," Cricketpaw mewed. Cherrypaw blinked, trying not to look surprised. "When you're a warrior, I won't have to share a den with you anymore! It'll be great!" Unfortunately, Cricketpaw didn't get to savor her denmate's reaction, as Tanglestep whipped around, his glare harsh and piercing. "Quiet, Cricketpaw! You'll scare away all of the prey with your endless chattering," he hissed. Cricketpaw bowed her head in submission, repressing a giggle at Cherrypaw's scowl.

Once a sufficient amount of prey had been collected, Tanglestep turned to the apprentices. "Bring the fresh-kill back to the camp. I'd like to speak with Cloudmask for a little while," he ordered. The gray and white she-cat's heart fluttered in hope as she gazed at the warrior. "Good job today, Cherrypaw. You'll make a fine warrior," he added. The russet apprentice basked in his pride and Cricketpaw frowned before the two of them made their way back to camp. "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about, Tanglestep?" Cloudmask asked, her voice soft and lilting. The warrior tom cleared his throat and began to stroll through the trees, Cloudmask at his side. "Ever since you first came into AspenClan, I have thought you to be a very attractive she-cat," he began. Cloudmask tried to utter a thank you, but the mew got caught in her throat. Could this really be happening? "I've seen the way you look at me, Cloudmask. I can tell that you feel the same way I do," the tom continued. The young she-cat felt almost faint with joy. "Will you be my mate?" he finally asked. Cloudmask purred loudly. It wasn't quite as romantic as she had anticipated, but that wasn't important. All that mattered was that Tanglestep wanted her to be his mate. "Of course!" she breathed, eagerly stepping forward to lick his cheek.

Robinstar slowly stepped up to the moonpool, crouching low to lap up a few drops of the cool water. Within moments, she was asleep. "Good evening," she greeted her starry-furred ancestors. "Thanks to you, AspenClan is doing very well. Cloudmask is settling in nicely, and Swiftfern's kits are nearly apprentices. One of our current apprentices, Cherrypaw, is doing very well in her training. Brambletooth says she is very hardworking and determined as well. I ask for your approval for me to make her into a warrior," Robinstar meowed. "I ask that you send me a warrior, or perhaps an apprentice. AspenClan could use some extra paws helping out. We also need mentors for Swiftfern's kits, and I suspect we may have more kits on the way soon," she purred, thinking of Tanglestep and Cloudmask. "Thank you for your consideration," the leader concluded. "I'll be back soon enough."

Patrol (looking for injured kit): Brambletooth, Sootpelt
Collecting herbs: Speckledpaw
Hunting: Tanglestep, Cloudmask, Cherrypaw, Cricketpaw
Becoming mates: Tanglestep & Cloudmask
Becoming a warrior: Cherrypaw (Cherryclaw)
Asking StarClan for another warrior or apprentice: Robinstar

2/7/17; purrfect. wrote:
your patrol found an injured kit! they need marigold and cobwebs to heal their tail.

speckledpaw found wintergreen and alder bark!

your cats caught a squirrel and a hare!

cloudmask is expecting kits! she is due in two moons.

cherrypaw earned her warrior name, cherryclaw!

starclan sent you an apprentice!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:13 am, edited 10 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me