The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby eltonn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm

oo! every district is represented, this will be interesting!

happy smoothie games, and may the odds be ever in your favor c:
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #1

Postby koushi. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Tribute 3

10, 9, 8-

There was a light drizzle of cold rain as lightning lit up the sky. The huge leaves of the tall and skinny trees jerked this way and that as a the storm began to make it's entrance, almost like an omen to those below it. The forty-eight tributes stood on their metal podiums with blank expressions. Some looked up at the massive dark clouds looming above; others kept their eyes on the cornucopia just up ahead, teasing them with the goodies inside her belly. Looks that couldn't be deciphered passed between many of the tributes as a silent act of confirmation to a plan unknown to outsiders. Some burned with a vengeance and their claws ached for revenge for dear ones they'd lost because of the Games. Others prayed and cried silently for mercy.

7, 6, 5-

However, there was the exception. A pretty she-wolf with a glossy black coat named Yen was not crying or praying or getting ready to fight for her life. She scowled out at the grassy terrain, now turning into mud that made her pelt crawl. Mud was not good for her. She tossed her damp hair over her shoulder as the anticipation for the next few seconds began to build up around her. The horses and ponies snorted and banged the metal of their podium, the bats and the butterfly wolves arched their backs as they readied their wings, and the dragons arched their necks proudly and extended their leathery wings. Grunts and growls and snorts and whinnies came from all directions. Yen looked around in confusion for a moment before making the connection she needed. She crouched down and tensed her muscles, a smirk on her face. "Good luck, losers." She chuckled to herself, pushing away the fact she had no clue as to how she was going to do this. The truth was that she was a Yarrow. Yarrows always win.

4, 3, 2, 1-

There was a loud crack of thunder as the horn blew. The tributes ran off their podiums towards the cornucopia, nipping and bumping against one other as they neared the weapons inside. Yen shrieked as a lion and dragon fell in front of her, locked together with teeth flashing and claws swiping. She clumsily avoided the conflict and was again part of the large mass of desperate bodies. Wait! She skidded to a stop, sliding bit in the mud as others surged ahead of her, I can't even use a weapon! What I should be looking for is- Her pink eyes widened in glee as she spotted the packs of supplies off the side of the discord happening in front of her. She began towards it, steering clear of the bodies of the dead and dying that now littered the muddy land. Yen quickly grabbed the strap of the bag in her jaws as her heart hammered in her chest. Another flash of lightning tore up the sky as the the animals below were pelted with huge globs of rain as cold as death itself. Now crying from fear and anxiety, Yen lifted her head and was ready to run when a large metal club came out of nowhere, crashing into her temple. The bag dropped from her jaws as her eyes rolled back into her head and she hit the ground with a thud.

Another canon joined the others as the pipe's owner panted, his large shoulders heaving as he stared down at the body of the she-wolf. Jack was shaken from his trance by yet another ground-rattling burst of thunder. The draft horse bent down and grabbed the abandoned bag in his teeth before disappearing into the cover of the large green leaves.

The Smoothie Games have only just begun.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:40 pm

ohmy... looks like this yarrow lost
rip
xxxxxImage
commission queue: 3 meme pages
working m-f 10:30am-7pm pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult
i have epi, which is pretty much lactose intolerance except for every
food. i just started treatment for it, but i often dont have energy.
if i owe you something or need to judge a comp, please dm me c:
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #2

Postby koushi. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Tribute 2

As the rain beat down relentlessly on the brawling tributes, a streak of red slipped away from the now thinning jumble. It disappeared into the leaves without a second thought, slipping effortlessly into the shadows.

The tribute, only known as Two stood rigid as he adjusted the mask concealing his muzzle. There was another crack of lightning and Two began to trot rapidly through the muddy rainforest. He would not want to be here when those who had formed alliances began to hunt down strays like him; tributes who had no alliance and were vulnerable. Hah, he thought with a smirk, Lucky for me. I haven't needed anyone since I was three years old. A dark cloud of memory veiled his eyes and he quickly blinked it away. There was no time for the past, nor time to lose focus when even a small twig could be engineered to kill. His tail swayed behind him as he padded into a small clear spot ringed by the massive exotic trees. His eyes narrowed as a familiar scent filled his nostrils. Anyone but him. He thought as his claws glinted in the light of a lightning flash.

"Well this is certainly a suprise." Came the aggravating voice of somebody he had wanted to drop dead since he had been a small puppy. Two's eyes wandered over to the path to see Geoff standing there with a smile on his stupidly well-built muzzle. Geoff chuckled, "Well..aren't you going to say hello to everybody? Oh, that's right. You can't say anything, Avox."

The sound of the insult made Two's pelt prickle in both embarrassment and anger but his attention was drawn away by a noise behind him. Like ghosts, four other tributes surrounded him on all sides. There were some he recognized, but most were strangers to him. He turned in a circle, fixing each one with a defiant glare before turning back to Geoff, his tail thrashing to convey his anger. Silently, Two stomped the ground twice. The sign of a duel where he came from. Geoff titled his head and gave him a pitiful look that made Two's anger grow. "Honestly? I don't see any need for your pathetic duels. I prefer to do things the civil way because, unlike you, I didn't grow up in the gutter." He sneered.

Two's eyes widened and he gave a loud snarl, pounding the ground as he ran towards the other male. What he didn't see was the arrow coming out from one of the alliance members. He yelped as it hit the back of his head. The red wolf landed dead in the mud at Geoff's claws as the cannon was heard through the storm.

Geoff sighed as he stepped over the wolf's body, not even having the decency to stop and close his district partner's eyes. "Good shot, Nina." He barked and the blue draft horse nodded to him with gloomy eyes. "Can we go now?"Shadow whined from his spot beside Nina. "Shut up, runt! Honestly Geoff, why is he here?" Shatter shouted as the wind began to pick up. Geoff was about to answer Selene appeared at his side. "Because he's the boss, Shatter." She barked at the butterfly wolf. "Right, Geo?" She said sweetly, batting her eyelashes at the obviously uncomfortable Geoff. He cleared his throat before leading the large alliance away from the clearing, oblivious to the threat lurking close behind.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 pm

nice job geo :0
my babys such a born leader c':

rip Two, didn't expect you to die so soon
selene you better stop that though.. branwen's gonna kill you when you die
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #3

Postby koushi. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Tribute 22

The storm blew through the trees, jerking them violently back and forth as it raged on. Geoff and his party moved stealthily through the trees, or at least most of them were. In the front, Geoff had his ears flattened against his dripping pelt as Selene babbled on loudly about the legend of lost creatures like primates and rats. Nina and Shadow trudged behind them, equally annoyed at the she-wolf's useless information. Shatter took up the rear, sitting on Nina's rump because everyone knew that his species didn't do rain. His red eyes were blazing with aggravation as Selene's nasal voice stung his ears.

"Will you please do us all a favor and shut your muzzle?" He finally exploded, halting the party as all eyes stared at the butterfly wolf. Shatter went on, "I mean, honestly, none of us care about your dumb little conspiracy theories. We're all miserable! So please, shut up!"

Selene's big red eyes filled with hurt and she ducked her head under Shatter's cruel glare. Nina snorted and sat down suddenly, rolling Shatter off her back and into the mud. He looked at his clothes in disgust. "Very mature, Nina. We were all thinking it." He called. Nina flicked her tail in dismissal as she stood beside Selene, speaking softly in the way girl's did that Shatter would never understand. Geoff rolled his eyes. "Are you children done yet? We have places to be y'know." Shatter picked himself up and shook out his pelt while rain continued to fall. "I don't know, are we?"

Suddenly, a dark shape emerged from the leaves and swung what looked like a medieval mace at Shatter's back. The butterfly wolf gasped and fell into the ground as the attacker stood over him, her devilish eyes proud as the cannon boomed. There was a beat of silence before everything went wrong.

Jessica let out a sound that resembled a cat from the underworld and sprang at Nina. The large horse neighed and reared up on her hind legs before galloping into the brush with the dragon on her heels. Her bow and arrow abandoned on the ground. Shadow was already gone, his frantic hoofbeats lost in the noise of the storm. Selene stood there helpless as she watched everyone run away. She was broken from her trance as Geoff grabbed her by the scruff and yanked her ahead of him. "Go!" He barked as he ran, kicking up pieces of earth. Selene followed him blindly into the dark corners of the arena, her mind completely blank.

The alliance was disbanded as quickly as it formed. Each member a victim to a completely different fate. It served as a reminder that the Games had no security or stability, just a cruel game that destroyed anything that gave any of the tributes hope of escaping Clusco's cruel fate.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #4

Postby koushi. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:23 am

Tribute 19

Nina just ran. Her ears were pinned against her skull as her hooves pounded the muddy earth and Jessica roared in anger behind her. Her alliance was gone, scattered throughout the arena and she was alone. Her eyes widened as Jessica pulled up along side her, hissing and spitting little bursts of flame against her flank, weakened by the rain but still painful. Nina yelped and veered the right, crashing through a mess of overhanging leaves. The large leaves smacked at her face and she closed her eyes in an attempt to spare her eyes. When she opened them again, she let out a panicked noise as an orange pony blocked her way out. He sneered at her and reared up, pawing at the air. Nina did the same and tried to turn herself around and bolt the other way, but Jessica was already waiting there with a sinister smile.

Nina felt tears in her eyes as she backed up, careful not to walk right into where the pony was waiting. Jessica'a eyes blazed. "Nowhere else to run, horsey." She hissed, swinging her clubbed tail back and forth like she was teasing the trapped draft horse.

"Please don't. Please." Nina begged her, shaking her head as her tears began to fall onto the ground. "Please."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "I hate it when people beg. You should know by now that it never works." She looked over the right and gave a nod. "Kixx, why don't you show her what happens when you beg."

Nina's eyes widened as she saw a white fox emerge from the forest, holding an axe that looked like it had already been used fairly recently. She turned to Jessica with one last pleading look before the fox ran towards her and jumped into the air, swinging the axe at her windpipe. Nina shrieked and tried to move away, but it was already too late. Her eyes widened as the axe connected with her throat. The draft horse made a sickening gurgling sound and her eyes rolled back into her head before finally collapsing into the ground.

Jessica looked up at the sky as the gray storm clouds began to clear. "We need to move. Now." She growled. She looked around at her alliance, her eyes gradually narrowing. "Where in Hades is Bluebell?" Colin shrugged, looking around also. "I dunno." A blue blob hopped out from under a bush, his eyes trained at the ground. "Sorry. Draft horses scare me." Bluebell muttered. Kixx looked at Jessica with an annoyed look. "Can we please go now? I hate rain." Jessica rolled her eyes and led the way back into the arena in an attempt to find shelter.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #5

Postby koushi. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 am

Tribute 47

"Are you sure you know where you're going, Pillow?" Stella asked as she flew behind the dark blue butterfly wolf above the emergent green of the large trees. The rain had slowed to a gentle drizzle, light on the wings on all flying tributes.

Pillow looked back at her, whisps of raven hair sticking to her face and concealing one of her annoyed blue (?) eyes. "Of course I do." She growled and dove down, cutting through the thick leaves and perching on one of the spindly branches that arched towards the cloudy sky. Stella landed beside her with her large ears pressed down against her head. "Sorry. I'm just nervous." She muttered.

"You're nervous?" Stella squealed as Pillow's face appears tight in front of her. "Your district has won twice princess, so you should really shut your trap." Pillow snapped and then trotted towards the end of the brach, her paws light and nimble on the branch. Her thick tail swayed sassily behind her as she looked back at the bewildered Stella. "The Capital Stash should be down this way. Just follow me and stay quiet." She said and started hopping from branch to branch with feline grace. Stella sighed and flew behind her.

The Capital Stash was supposedly an assortment of weapons and supplies recovered from previous games and left in some random location, far from where anyone would ever reach them. Pillow had approached Stella with the information and proposed an alliance, which of course Stella agreed to. If there was any way that Stella would win these Games, this was the sire way to go. It stunk that she'd have to kill Pillow, but sacrifices had to be made.

Stella made a face as her talons landed in the squishy mud and looked up. Pillow was already ahead of her, her eyes roaming around her as if she expected the pile of goodies to pop out and jump into her awaiting paws. "I do appreciate this, you know." She called out to Pillow, "It was very kind of you to share the information about the weapons."

Pillow chuckled and turned around dramatically, her wings plastered to her sides. "So polite. But seeing as your mommy, who has lovely choice in flowers by the way," she gestured to the flower tucked behind Stella's ear, "-is head of one of the most prominent bat families and a total drag, I expected nothing less."

Stella's eyes widened and she took a step backwards, her eyes narrowing in confusion. "How did you-"

"Oh please!" Pillow tossed back her head and laughed, "I read up on everyone before these Games started. I know everything about everyone. I even snuck a peek at some files...outside the lines if you catch my flow. Also, I didn't bring you out here because I'm kind. I brought you out here to assure that you flying rats don't steal my spot in Victor's Throne." She growled and lunged at the bat with her jaws open and claws outstretched.

Stella shrieked as the mad butterfly wolf dug her needle-sharp claws into her wings, pinning her into the mud. Pillow smiled cruelly down at her. "Bye bye, Batty." She hissed into her ear before sinking her jaws into Stella's neck. Stella screamed in pain, closing her eyes tight. She didn't even attempt to fight as the life inside of her faded away.

Pillow released the bat's neck as she heard the cannon, louder now that the opposing thunder had stopped it's rumbling. "You can come out now!" She barked into the trees around her. "Finally. I thought you'd never kill that screeching rat." Sky said as she emerged from the trees, a small sword held against her side with a supply bag strap. She trotted over to her ally. "You ready?" She asked. Pillow nodded her head, flapping her wings and hovering above the doe's antlers. "Always."
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 am

sky and pillow are the perfect alliance :0
everyone is doomed! muahahahahha!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 am

Two of my tributes are dead - that's a change from the last games. Good job Sky and Pillow!
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me