help. || writing center || posting welcomed

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

help. || writing center || posting welcomed

Postby help. » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi there c:
My name is Elena, otherwise know as Ouija♡Board help. here on CS

I've always liked writing, but never in English classes or mainly for school in generally. I never liked being told what to write. Like when a teacher says to do a paper on a book- that's no fun for me.
However, having the free will to write poems, song lyrics, stories, vignettes, or anything in between about what I want- I find that beautiful.

Here on this thread I'm just gonna post any writing pieces that I've thought about and whatnot.
Feel free to comment your thoughts! If you like or don't like something, feel free to comment or PM me. I'm always looking for tips and how to improve c:

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I'll code this later, but I'm feeling a little lazy :p

Also, if you ever wanna know more about me, feel free to PM me!
Last edited by help. on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Perfect Impurities by: me

Postby help. » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:16 pm

I once knew a girl. She had always wanted to be perfect. She wanted eyes like the ocean; crisp, long, brown hair that flowed freely; a smile brighter than the sun; and a body fit for a magazine. She wanted all these things, but never felt she could achieve them.

This sweet girl, looked upon a mirror one night, feeling hopeless. She didn’t see the calm blue eyes she wanted, or the long brown hair she desired, she didn’t even see a bright smile, and especially not a body to brag about. Instead, she saw brown eyes that were darker and uglier than some old gum you’d find on your shoe. Instead, she saw dirty blonde hair that wasn’t crisp or flowed freely, but was fried, and lifeless. Instead, she saw a smile that needed adjusting, and wasn’t fit to be called a smile. Instead, she saw all her body fat as bad, even when it all wasn't.

Although she looked upon herself with hatred and regret, she knew someone would think differently of her. She knew her prince in shining armor would accept her for her, for her flaws- one day.

That one day came, when a boy came bubbling into this girl’s life. She no longer felt pressured to be perfect. She could be herself, comfortable, and not worry about what to say or what to wear, and had no worries in the world.

She opened up to that boy. She let him see the true her. The scarred, scared, miserable, unhappy girl she knew she was. She knew the boy would understand, not question her for anything that had happened, not judge her for when she felt like a freak, and certainly not leave her.

The next day, that very girl got a phone call, from that very boy. He had to leave her alone, never to speak to her again. The girl didn’t know what to think. The special knight’s armor was now rusted, and no longer gleaming. She was left alone, to rot, and to suffer.

The girl could have predicted this day would come. She tried to make herself believe that one day, just one day, someone would love her for her true self. She tried to make herself believe that one day, just one day, someone would find her truly beautiful. She tried to make herself believe that one day, just one day, her worries would disappear into thin air.

Although she tried and tried to believe, she always knew the actual truth. People are cruel, never to do what’s right.

That sweet girl, who no one guessed wasn’t right in the head, had had enough. She was angry. She was hurt. She needed to be perfect, not herself.

That sweet, sweet girl, left us that day. Never to believe again. Never to wish for those gorgeous ocean blue eyes, or that long, flowing brown hair. Never to wish for that brighter than the sun smile, or that body a woman would kill for.

She was now free. Away from the impurities that the world had to offer. She knew she could never be perfect.
If she only would’ve know, that’s indeed what made her perfect.
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hear, Grab my Pale Grey Eyes by: me

Postby help. » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Timothy awoke to the sound of wood being chopping, the smell of rich pancakes, and the feeling of the sun just rising over the hill, hitting his face softly, every morning. He rubbed his pale grey eyes, and picked the ‘sand’ out of eyes. At least, that’s what Mama called it.

Timothy grabbed a simple worn out red plaid button up shirt, and some dark, ripped overalls, dressing himself. He slipped on his scruffy wool socks and muddy work boots, heading out of his ever so slightly lit bedroom, sunlight just peaking through the curtains, almost like a child that was waiting to be called to.
Timothy headed down the dark oak stairs, into the family’s matching oak kitchen. Mama had already left out his serving of pancakes, along with a note, which read:

Dear Timothy,
Me and Papa left the farm already to go get some much needed supplies. You’re in luck, you have no chores for the day. But don’t get used to it!
Love, Mama

Timothy couldn’t be more excited- no chores meant he could do anything he wanted to do! He could read the newspaper comics, or watch some cartoons on Papa’s television, or even ride his horse! But he decided he wanted to do one thing- go into town on his own.

Timothy had never been into town because his folks didn’t want him getting affected by the life that’s there. He never understood, but today, he was gonna seek the truth.
He grabbed his tan backpack and filled it with some water, an apple or two, and some money he had been saving. With this with him, he began his on foot journey.

He had no clue where he was going, or how to get there. He naturally had a good sense of direction, and decided to trust it. He saw somewhat of a path that looked like it had been worn, and decided to follow it, assuming it was from his folks cart they take into town every so often. Timothy continued on that path for about 20 or so minutes, when the path came into a split. One side going to the right, and one going to left. There was no more worn out trail, so he didn’t know which to choose.

He deciphered his options for a moment, choosing to go right. After continuing on his journey, Timothy felt as if he was being watched or followed. He would turn around every so often, but never saw anything.

After continuing on his town adventure, he heard a noise. Something like a hiss. But he knew it was no animal.
He turned around, very slowly, hoping, praying, nothing was there. He was just imagining, just imaging, yes!
Turning around, and around, and- a grasp.

Timothy could already feel the blood rushing from his arms. The hissing continued, not stopping for a moment. The boy screamed, he couldn’t see. His beautiful pale grey eyes were missing. His arms, along with them; concluding, with a missing an ear, from the screeching and hissing. He could feel the beast’s breath along his neck, and then a low, demonic and crude laugh, almost in pity.

“TIMOTHY”, the boy’s mother shouted, “TIME TO GET UP!”
Rubbing his lifeless grey eyes, the boy could smell burnt pancakes, and only saw darkness among his home, since the drapes were always drawn tight.
The boy wanted to escape, escape from this dark cage, but even in his wildest dreams, he alas could never escape.
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Some Haikus by: me

Postby help. » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Rainbow
Rain is what starts it
The sun is what will end it
Colors left behind.

Nature
For one day be happy
For the next day be gloomy
Nature. It is strange

Snow
What starts as a cloud,
Turns into a powdered gold.
It will melt away,
Before a break of the day.
This is nature’s gold.
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anger.

Postby help. » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 pm

-heh this was a rant-
Last edited by help. on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elena's Writing corner ((Posting Welcome))

Postby Light Bringer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 pm

I absolutely love the first one <3
I would love some help, what should i start a story with like should i start by describing the character, ect.
Thanks if you want to help.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

how to: character form (reply)

Postby help. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:31 pm

midnight the wolf wrote:I absolutely love the first one <3
I would love some help, what should i start a story with like should i start by describing the character, ect.
Thanks if you want to help.

hi there c:
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it
Sorry I'm just getting to this now- I just saw this!

What I do when writing a full story rather than vignettes, is I do indeed describe the character(s) and/or setting(s). For some people writing some paragraphs about this could be boring, because getting to the point of the story can be quite fun. So, if that isn't your type of thing, you could make a 'character description form'. Basically you post a picture, and some information about the character(s), and then in your story you don't have to spend time going into in depth descriptions. For example:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

name; Alexis
    age; 17
    ethnicity; Caucasion
    school; West Bound High
    location; Home Front, New York
    music; indie/rock
    quote; "let the music play'
    food; Mexican

family; father, autistic brother- mother passed away
    father; little connection- barely around
    brother; Jackson, 13, loves more than anything, raises him
    friends; Bella Sam

sexuality; bisexual
    boyfriend; none, ex wants her back
    girlfriend; none, has a crush on fellow classmate

background info;
    Alexis lives in a small town in Home Front, New York. Her mother passed away at a young age, leaving only her brother and father as family by blood. Her father has always been distant from her and her brother, Jackson, ever since their mother died. He's never home, as he is either staying late at work, or fueling his alcohol addiction. Because of this, Alexis was forced to become Jackson's mother- feeding him, taking him to medical appointments, and caring for him. Alexis loves her brother more than anything she has, and will do anything to protect him.
    Alexis's other family are her two best friends, Bella and Sam. They are always there to help Alexis with anything she needs, and give her support in any way she needs. When Alexis isn't with Jackson, she loves hanging out with besties, doing whatever seems fun in the moment.
    While at West Bound High, Alexis is typically quiet, except round her friends and their boyfriends. While she may be single, she has her eye on a new student named Amelia. However, she hasn't had the chance to talk to her yet, as her ex boyfriend, Mike, won't stop bugging her, wanting to get back together. It seems like Amelia will never know Alexis's feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so yeah, that's another way to do a character description without having to add it to a story directly. You can really make the form anything you want by making super fancy, or really simple. You can even do it in the character's POV- anything you want! If you need help making one or need ideas, feel free to ask!
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks im gonna try that

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby help. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 pm

midnight the wolf wrote:Thanks im gonna try that

you're welcome, and have fun c:
ɪ ᴍᴀy ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛy
but turns out i'm
actually a pretty
help.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes