Quail Incubation

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Quail Incubation

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 pm

WalkingContradiction wrote:Man that sucks I'm really sorry for you it must be rough... it is nice though that there's hope for future clutches <3
Yeah, it is pretty stink /': But yeah! Hopefully one day cx

AuraDragoness wrote:Some people just don't understand that the eggs are no different than a human baby, if you or the parents don't take care of them then they'll die.

How about you don't listen to them for once? Tell them to let you TRY and incubate the eggs and see what happens. If the baby dies then the egg was doomed but if they hatch then you'll have proven them wrong.

I hope that you can incubate any future clutches. (even if you have to do it in secret, though that's probably not a good idea if your parents are that adamant about not letting you)
Yeahh. Hopefully we can get an incubator sometime soon /:

AuraDragoness wrote:This isn't actually true, its a myth to ensure that people don't disturb nests belonging to wild birds. The parents will return to the egg (or the baby) even if it was touched by a human, however that doesn't mean people should be going around touching and handling wild bird hatchlings and eggs.

However, it may hold true depending on the personal behavior of the parents.
Huh, interesting. It's held true in my experience. If they know your smell they'll be more lenient, but if not, they destroy their eggs ^-^ Where'd you hear that?

Also, sorry about the agro in my rant-post, guys :I That's pretty unacceptable, really; I kinda lost the plot :p
although interesting thing is, I found out later that it was the third-year anniversary of Grandma's death, so I wonder if my subconscious realised and it was all too much....
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me