{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby lysander » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:37 am

@megaguirus

i actually had a conversation with my best writing pal the other day about this-- we come from different backgrounds in terms of how we started writinf. me, roleplay, her, novels- she has trouble writing short things, i have trouble writing long things

so i guess in terms of sheer volume i've probably written as much as anyone :lc but the bulk of it in the past was in the form of roleplays, which definitely has an effect on how i write in general. i know how to cram a lot of emotion and action into small spaces of text and i daresay i am great at it as a result, but the challenge for me is writing something long and substantial
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:14 am

What is your favorite thing about writing?
Erm, the moment of inspiration I guess, just knowing that it's good idea and I'm going to enjoy doing it.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:31 am

fg05281 wrote:@SilentMelody- Same though. I'm using one that I started like, a month ago, and already had about 1,000 words on. Oops. XD

pff, i started a few weeks ago and i'm already over two thousand words :p
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:45 am

What is your favorite thing about writing?

Having my own little characters and world and space that belongs completely to me. It's cheesy but I love knowing that I have this place that I've created entirely on my own, and that I can do whatever I want with it.
This is making me sound like a megalomaniac loool
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Snow's Storm wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first time on this thread. I thought I'd just stop in and share a little bit about myself and my writing.

I have been writing for about fourteen years now. I have sixteen of what I call "inactive stories," which are just ideas I wrote down and have written fewer than 10,000 words in. I also have eight "active stories" that I work on frequently. These have anywhere between 15,000 and 80,000 words in them. I also have one finished novel that has about 101,000 words and is 390 pages long. In addition, I occasionally write poems and short stories.

Basically, I'm just a person who really loves writing.
Hey, welcome along! Good to see you here :D
wOw, you've done a lot of writing O.O

What is your favourite thing about writing?
The creativity; the freedom; the fun.

@Meg I suspect a few people have finished at least one project once upon a time but they'd rather forget about it XD hElp mE
no seriously BURN IT with FIRE
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm

the fact that i can create stuff with words and descriptions. making people imagine something that i write. but mainly it's how i can create anything using words. since i mainly write fantasy, i really enjoy creating the worlds and languages and the creatures and the fact that it's really an escape from reality for me.

also, i wanted to ask the owner is it's alright for me to ask [since i could not pm] whether i can look for a writing partner/critique here, on inklings? thanks!

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:59 pm

wildlife. wrote:
    the fact that i can create stuff with words and descriptions. making people imagine something that i write. but mainly it's how i can create anything using words. since i mainly write fantasy, i really enjoy creating the worlds and languages and the creatures and the fact that it's really an escape from reality for me.

also, i wanted to ask the owner is it's alright for me to ask [since i could not pm] whether i can look for a writing partner/critique here, on inklings? thanks!

I'm not the owner, but then again, she isn't on here that often.

You're definitely allowed to ask for critique, as long as you critique someone else on a piece that they made. I think asking for a writing/critique partner is allowed. Also, you could check out the Lazy Writers thread and post your stuff there as well to get more critique.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:06 am

The Worst Username wrote:
wildlife. wrote:

I'm not the owner, but then again, she isn't on here that often.

You're definitely allowed to ask for critique, as long as you critique someone else on a piece that they made. I think asking for a writing/critique partner is allowed. Also, you could check out the Lazy Writers thread and post your stuff there as well to get more critique.

alright thank you! i'll ask on lazy writers too

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Is there any Chicken Smoothie cabin for Camp Nano that I'm missing out on? If so, could I be invited? My name is still LeiaWolfe on there ^^

Thank you c:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:Is there any Chicken Smoothie cabin for Camp Nano that I'm missing out on? If so, could I be invited? My name is still LeiaWolfe on there ^^

Thank you c:

ask Ranger, she's organised a Lazy Writers/Inklings cabin and there might be some room still.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren