fantasy writing comp 2018

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 am

Congrats guys!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby actmissing999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 am

congrats everybody! i had fun judging these entries! ^^
ashton ; he/she
i no longer use chicken smoothie but i'd love to talk!
you can find my current info here

actmissing999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chiirios » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Joining Form
ssername: CHiCKINS (Chi)
pronouns: she/her
favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc: I enjoy writing romance, mystery, and violence in the genre of fantasy.
experience as a writer: well, although I have yet to start high school, i can safely say that many do like my writing style. I would call it unique, i suppose, considering my age and what writing level i should be at versus how much i've surpassed it by.
other:
Greetings! My name is Chi! I am very intrigued by a thread in which writing contests are held. i have never joined any contests before, but I can safely say I am certainly ready. As an afterthought, I'd like to congratulate all the winners of the first round,
and I will be adding my own entry to the volcano story once(or rather if i am accepted!
Last edited by Chiirios on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiirios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:14 pm

of coure you are accepted <3
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chiirios » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Fantasy Comp 2!
username: CHiCKINS
word count: 1087
other: all characters, especially Dely, are mine <3
entry:
In an Elven kingdom called the Orion Kingdom, under the shade of a dormant volcano lived a small town. Although the locals had no name for their town, outsiders often called it Le Ville du Destin - the Town of Destiny. The town had birthed many heroes in the kingdom, and many often specifically traveled there in hopes of their unborn child becoming a hero.
On the outskirts of the town, near the forest, was a small house were a family of wood elves lived. Wood elves, one of the rarer breeds of elf, were mostly friendly. Their deep connection with the Earth and it’s life made their mana very desirable for Wizard Spells, however.
This specific family of wood elves had managed to evade the Wizards by living in the small town on the outskirts of the Orion Kingdom. They lived peacefully, happy as can be. Well, all of them except one.
Dely was born under normal circumstances. His parents did not expect him to be special.
However, he was born with a prophecy surrounding him. The pastor himself of scared of the wood elf as a child, and soon enough, so were his own parents. Dely’s early life was spent friendless and unloved.
This prophecy came from the very volcano the town was under. The volcano itself had sent a message, and the pastor had undoubtedly been terrified of what that message read.
Although you live in peace now, your kind will be threatened by the firstborn of one of your own.
For ages, firstborns were tested for signs of showing un-elvish powers. Of course, none showed them until Dely came along.
With his strange stripes and heterochromic eyes, he was clearly an oddball from the start.
Other than his odd behavior and looks, he was your common wood elf. On top of his head was a mop of outrageously messy blonde hair, and his eyes were the color of the sky and the grass. He was small for his breed and was often stepped on my even members of his own species. His ears were pointed, just as all elves’ were, and his body was layered with strange grey stripes. He often wore a brown poncho over his bare body, along with a bow, a sack of arrows, and a pair of silk shorts.
Dely’s name was a common one in town, although that was a result of the deathly prophecy, he liked to think it was for the good deeds he did.
Now, he certainly was no lowly servant, but he did as he was told by his parents and King Oliver, the current holder of the Town’s sacred Crown, along with Paster Usevft. He also enjoyed helping others, as it helped them trust him. Well, a little bit, anyway.
Currently, the young elf boy was occupied with sweeping his mother’s bakery, all while humming a sweet tune and sipping some herbal tea he had made.
The chiming of a bell caught the elf’s attention, and he looked up from the floor.
“Ah, mon cher! Comment avez-vous été?” A younger elf with long, pink hair and dark skin walked into the shop, a smile on her face and her forked tongue flicking in and out of her mouth as she spoke.
“English, dear Cherith.” He hummed in a singsong voice. He was trying to teach his younger sister English, after all.
“Ah, sorry, dear brother. I’m really trying.” She young elf girl twirled on her heels before sitting down in a white chair at the nearest table, avoiding Dely’s sweeping as she did so.
“What’s up?” Dely asked, prying open the door for a split second and sweeping the dust outside.
“Didn’t you hear? The volcano sent another message!” Dely stopped in his tracks. He pinned his ears to the back of his head and gulped nervously, his palms immediately starting to sweat.
“R-really?” he asked, turning back around. He never enjoyed discussing the volcano. It had cursed him with a horrid prophecy, after all.
“Yes! The Pastor is has been looking for you! He says it’s about you!” Cherith huffed. She got to her feet and grabbed her older brother’s hand.
“H-hey!” He didn’t have time to protest anymore, as he was whisked away with his broom still in hand. Cherith dragged him through the streets. He apologized to every elf he passed, although they didn’t really seem to care.
After much dragging, the two finally came to their destination - the pastor’s house. Cherith knocked on the door, and it only took a few seconds for someone to peak through the peephole.
“Who is it?” A cranky voice asked.
“Dear Pastor Usevft, it is Cherith and Dely. We have come to discuss the volcano’s message.” Cherith smiled brightly. A few locks could be heard from the other side of the wooden door, and soon the blue blockage swung open and a stout elf stood there. His long, scraggly, grey beard nearly touched the floor, and his eyebrows were furrowed.
He growled and said something under his breath, but the Pastor let the two wood elves in his home.
“The volcano. Last night, it sent me a message.” The Pastor began even before the two had sat down on his floral chairs.
“It sent a message?”
“Indeed, However, I can only read part of it. You, young one, are the only one that can read it.” The Pastor retired to his study to grab something and came back not a few seconds later with a rock. In it, there were strange symbols inscribed.
“M-me?” Dely squeaked. The Pastor nodded his head.
“Well… let him see it then!” Cherith rudely announced. The Pastor simply rolled his eyes and placed the volcanic rock in the blonde wood elf’s hands.
“Th-these symbols… they’re familiar, but I don’t know them for sure.” He said although it was clear he knew many of the words by the expression on his face.
He who… uh… who once was cursed shall… or should… be the savior of the Kingdoms. When the Sun aligns with the moon, the cursed will meet at the sun, and freedom will arise.” The elf boy tilted his head slightly and pinned his ears to his head.
“This is about me?”
“Yes. you are to travel out into the Valley of the Sun and meet with creatures from other lands in order to save the kingdoms.”
“But, what do we-”
“Silence!” The pastor brought down his cane and a crash sounded through the room. The boy was quickly silenced, as commanded.
“Pack your things, young one. You and you alone head out tonight.”
Chiirios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby monspurr » Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

Joining Form
Username:
monspurr
Pronouns: she/her
Favorite writing theme: Fantasy and Horror!
experience as a writer: I have a couple published poems, and I'm currently working on my first novel!
other: n/a!

Fantasy Comp 1.
Username:
monspurr
Word Count: 1033
Entry: The morning came treacherously, the sun a traitor and the songbirds I once raved over every dawn mocking my foolishness with every step towards the base of the volcano. The jungle, thick and daring me to go further, rustled after every movement and seemed to sing sweet melodies in my ear as the wind whisked through them. Just beyond the canopy, dripping with nighttime precipitation, I could see large curtains of deep gray smoke peeling from the mouth of the tall, breathing caldera far above me. They kissed the cheerful blue of the sky and blotted out the sun, a new horizon made of ash being the only sight I could see before my departure from this mortal world. I glanced back down.

The ropes fastened tight around my wrists dug into my calloused skin and rubbed uncomfortably against my pulse, but Akanahe would not relinquish his firm hold to give me even small comfort in my last moments. He looked at me as if I were a stranger from the corner of his eyes, and I wished to remind him of our childhood days together playing in the sun, but I was rendered silent by solemn remorse. I merely followed the village elders and chieftain blindly as they led me through the weaving jungle, and the memories of everything I would be leaving behind flickered in my eyes.

I had not noticed, but my feet now walked up a steep incline, and I stumbled along the steep cliff face as the party traversed the carved paths up to the volcano. The ground was rocky and uneven and Akahane pulled me this way and that to remind me of where I must go. There were no words exchanged, but even past Akahane's stony exterior, I knew he did not suspect me like the rest of the village may have. I had done no wrong, and yet I was to be bound like a dog and sent to my certain death. It was a cruel irony, I thought to myself, that the people of the village were content to live in complacency while the innocent were shuffled off into the volcano. I shook my head and moved onwards, thinking of nothing and everything simultaneously.

The air grew hot and humid, and the breeze seemed to buzz with energy as we drew near to the ritual site. The chieftain and his elders rounded a corner in the black volcanic rock, and I followed shortly after them with Akahane holding my ropes close to his side. We came into a large clearing, where the charred earth crunched beneath my grass shoes and hot steam made sweat roll in beads down the side of my face. Smoke rose from the massive hole at the top of the volcano and blotted out the comforting blue above, and I heard lava bubbling and fuming just arm-lengths below the edge of the hole. There was a small area just before the black volcanic rock dipped down into the magma, where a small knife sat and many carved idols of our Gods and Goddesses settled beside it. I looked to the wooden figurines for comfort, but they stared blankly back, offering only strange looks for my fate. I sighed and bowed my head. My heart threatened to escape my ribcage in the process.

The chieftain rose his head and barked something out, and the elders echoed him, but I was not listening. A still, tense heartbeat passed and the volcano began to rumble. I fell to my knees and the rocks scratched at my skin, but as I shook, I could not notice nor understand. I rose my head, and as my eyes roved the hole where steam filed from, the lava too rose. It bubbled at first, before a shape slowly came from it. A woman broke free from the deep magma and she stood tall, her head reaching the clouds to form a crown and her hands able to smother and crush the village with one simple smack. Her massive size failed to overwhelm me and her awe did not affect me, but she looked me deep in the eyes anyways. Her skin, made of pure volcanic rock, magma, and fire, rippled and smoked in the breeze, and her eyes drove deep into my heart, as if judging me for my sins. I could see the hearth glimmer deep within her ethereal eyes.

She looked to the chieftain, and a smile came onto her face. While beautiful, I did not derive comfort from it, for she looked at the chieftain as if he were a piece of meat. "Silly, silly, silly," came her guttural reply, making the entire island shake as her hair, made of pure fire, whipped in the striking wind. "Did you think any amount of sacrifice might save you from fate? Silly. Very silly."

The Chieftain's mouth gaped. "The Shaman told me! The Shaman told me you were merciful and kind! That you would not destroy us if we gave you enough flesh!" cried the Chieftain, and I shook my head. He did not understand. "We have! We gave you a sacrifice every month! Is it not enough!"

The Goddess laughed, so loud and booming that the sky seemed to crumble under her great mirth. She leered down at us now, and my head shaking grew more ferocious. "How silly! So very silly," said the Goddess once more, her head rolling from side to side. "I am merely saving your kind from yourselves. The Gods and Goddesses will not make the same mistake twice."

The Goddess, without warning, allowed the lava to spill over the volcano, and the smoke grew to overtake the sky blue with soot black. I coughed and coughed and coughed as the heat washed over me and reduced me to ash, but my spirit did not end. I came to live again and again, but never in the same form, and never with the same experiences. No matter how many lives I lived, however, this scene always happened once more, and the Goddess always destroyed the world. She would continue to do so until we were perfect. Eventually, we will be perfect.
Other: n/a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
monspurr | mtz | nerd

just a nerd that likes drawing cats
hit me up, I like talking to people!!
under the half moon [an incomplete novel]
monspurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm

OOF I completely forgot about this, I'll work on the page some more soon and surely extend the time.
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emrys » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:24 am

Joining Form
Username: CreativeUser
Pronouns: She/her
Favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc: I like writing about any theme but I do like writing stories inspired by fairytales.
Experience as a writer: I have been writing original works and fanfiction since I was in middle school and I am now currently a college student working towards a major in English and a minor in Creative Writing :3
Other:None

alex | asian american | she/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trades ۰ fr ۰ pfq ۰ dv ۰ ©
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[★] personal archive | [☾] dreamies/goals
emrys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes