The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Year!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Ye

Postby chipackerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 am

Username: Chipackerz
How many characters do you own? 36. Tier 2
What challenge(s) will you be attempting? "Snapshot", "Tag You're It", " A Hundred Avatars", "Ready To Reference", " Sound Track"
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: Using a Google spreadsheet
Any additional questions or information: Forgot to add that Willow, Osiris, Oasis, Smoky, Kiara, Cleo, Peter, and Cosmo already have references as they are closed species.
auld lang syne
Last edited by chipackerz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leo // Horse // INFP // Glass Animals
Warriors // Top Gun // TUA // Marvel
Adult // Bookworm // Artist // Sheep
nonbinary // aspiring large animal vet
chipackerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:10 am

Username:
Stonefly
How many characters do you own?
Tier Two - 32 characters.
What challenge(s) will you be attempting?
Detailed Description - Short Scenario - Snapchat - Soundtrack
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress:
Stash - This is most likely to change in the future. Still not sure yet.
Any additional questions or information:
I will be recycling two old writing pieces for two different character - link
auld lang syne
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chipackerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:18 am

Question. If we are wanting to do challenges on a closed species but want to do like the " Ready to reference" quest with other characters, would it be okay to count, the closed species, adoption refs as completed? Sorry if this didn't make much sense
Leo // Horse // INFP // Glass Animals
Warriors // Top Gun // TUA // Marvel
Adult // Bookworm // Artist // Sheep
nonbinary // aspiring large animal vet
chipackerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 am

Would someone mind quickly looking over some stuff for me before I start uploading bits?

There are two short scenario bits that I want to make sure actually make some sense, and then my form that I'll be using to showcase all the different elements. I feel like the form might be a bit difficult to navigate since it's so big, so I'd like a second opinion on it.
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coyoteclaw11 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Username:
Coyoteclaw11

How many characters do you own?:
84 [Tier 2]

Basic Bio | Short Scenario | Ready to Reference | Character Keeper | Snapshot* | A Hundred Avatars
(*I don't really plan to complete snapshot for everyone, but I think it's a good thing to attempt~!)

Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress:
Completion Log (Here in-thread)
St.ash | Toyhou.se (Character Keeper) | Tumblr (Avatars)

*shrug emoji* ツ
auld lang syne
Last edited by Coyoteclaw11 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

O
O
O

╔═════════════════════╗
Heyo, I'm Coyote!
| | ⚓︎ | © |

╚═════════════════════╝
Coyoteclaw11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gas' 2017 CAAA Charry Challenge

Postby GasW0lf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Dropping out, This year ended up busier than expected with a new baby in the family.

"Tag, You're It"
    "Fifty Faces"
    "A Hundred Avatars"

Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where
you will be keeping your progress:

I have some characters that need to be
    re-designed before I can count
    them here, but I will update the
    number of characters as I
    revamp them.

Username:
    GasW0lf
How many characters do you own?
    56, subject to change.
    Tier 2
[size=1]auld lang syne

Tag, You're It wrote:not yet

Fifty Faces wrote:also not yet

A Hundred Avatars wrote:ye of no faith

[/size]
Last edited by GasW0lf on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
Gone! Find me on DA as SatanDarling
══════════════
Come Join our discord based wolf SIM!
We are very friendly and have hand coloured wolves!
Collect and breed to your heart's content!

══════════════
GasW0lf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NatashaRomanoff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:07 am

Username: NatashaRomanoff - Sergeant-Barnes
How many characters do you own: First Tier, Less Than Ten, I Have Very Specific Character Guidelines!
What challenges will you be attempting?: Basic Bio + Short Scenario
Format where you will be keeping your progress: My Stash.
Any additional questions or information: Nope~
NatashaRomanoff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:49 am

bohemia wrote:

and i have two questions: (a) if i order couple art, does that count as one piece of art for one character or can that count as one piece for both characters? (b) basically the same question, but if i write a story about two of my characters who are mated, is that a short scenario for both or does that only count once?

sorry for such a long post, i'm trying to make sure i have all the appropriate information to help me keep track. i can edit some of this out and put it elsewhere if you would like ^.^

Sorry about the wait guys! To answer this question (I know many others had it as well), unless your characters are always seen together, all art pieces should be separate.

If you plan to write a story with two (or more) characters, you should multiply the number of characters by 2 to get your new minimum paragraph count. In the short scenario challenge, compositions should be a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs. So if you're writing for 2 characters, your new minimum is 4-6 paragraphs. Hopefully that helps!

Solanum wrote:Wanted to ask though, what's the criteria for a reference sheet?
Once I've finished working on the actual character challenge section on my challenge site, I'm going to try and find out how many of my characters have refs already.

It depends on how much information you personally would like to have, though having just a clear fullbody doesn't count. The reference should have some sort of info (color palette, personality tidbits, multiple views, etc) but doesn't need to have all of those to count ^^ Here is a folder of what I'm considering complete out of my personal collection c:

waterfront wrote:*ahh so for the question in the tag challenge, would things like these count as tags? (also i made all these in 2016 haha)

I personally consider tags to be fullbodies; those strike me more as avatars. But if you were going to do all of your characters' tags in that style, then I think it'd be fine to count that c:

Chipackerz wrote:Question. If we are wanting to do challenges on a closed species but want to do like the " Ready to reference" quest with other characters, would it be okay to count, the closed species, adoption refs as completed? Sorry if this didn't make much sense

I'm not sure if I understood this question. You're wanting to know if you can count the original adoption image for your closed species characters as a reference so that you can focus more on your other characters? If so, I suppose that's fine ^^
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:03 am

hey wes! just had a few questions? ;v;
1) with playlists, would we have to actually make playlists for the characters, or is listing theme songs [with links?] alright? im just asking bc im not sure if i'd even be able to make 400+ playlists on youtube OTL
2) some of my ocs are likely to be used in a comic im [potentially?] planning with a friend in the future. so, for these ocs, what would i do for their history? i wouldn't want to give any details away, which limits what i can write for their history [that, and their histories would need to be carefully plotted and discussed w/ friends]
3) for stories, could we do a 2-3 paragraph story with more than one character in it, but count it for the one the story is focusing on only? [like, if i write a short story containing characters a, b and c but it mainly focuses on interactions w/ character a, for example] i mean... i assume so but i just want to make sure
4) does the "no lineart colour ins, even if the lineart is your own" count for references as well? im just asking bc... that's gonna be a lot of custom references rip
5) the development skills build off of one another, right? so if an oc has a fully written personality, that means that basic bio is already done for that oc, correct? or would we also need to put down basic traits for the oc as well?
6) if you've designed an oc, does that already count for "balancing the books" since obviously you wouldn't have rules for yourself? or does it only count if you've not designed the oc yourself?

sorry if there are a lot rip;; ;v;

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:46 am

weegeestar5 wrote:hey wes! just had a few questions? ;v;
1) with playlists, would we have to actually make playlists for the characters, or is listing theme songs [with links?] alright? im just asking bc im not sure if i'd even be able to make 400+ playlists on youtube OTL
2) some of my ocs are likely to be used in a comic im [potentially?] planning with a friend in the future. so, for these ocs, what would i do for their history? i wouldn't want to give any details away, which limits what i can write for their history [that, and their histories would need to be carefully plotted and discussed w/ friends]
3) for stories, could we do a 2-3 paragraph story with more than one character in it, but count it for the one the story is focusing on only? [like, if i write a short story containing characters a, b and c but it mainly focuses on interactions w/ character a, for example] i mean... i assume so but i just want to make sure
4) does the "no lineart colour ins, even if the lineart is your own" count for references as well? im just asking bc... that's gonna be a lot of custom references rip
5) the development skills build off of one another, right? so if an oc has a fully written personality, that means that basic bio is already done for that oc, correct? or would we also need to put down basic traits for the oc as well?
6) if you've designed an oc, does that already count for "balancing the books" since obviously you wouldn't have rules for yourself? or does it only count if you've not designed the oc yourself?

sorry if there are a lot rip;; ;v;

1) Listing with links is perfectly fine!
2) That's honestly up to you, I'm not really sure what to suggest haha.
3) Yes absolutely! Your stories may have as many characters as you want in them; the limit only changes if you are counting the story for multiple characters' completion.
4) No, reference linearts don't have to be custom, but they DO have to have extra information on them if/when you're using linearts. See my answer to Pix's question for examples.
5) They build off of one another, so basic bio would be finished and the detailed description would be halfway finished (:
6) Yes, if you designed the OC yourself, that counts as completed for Balancing the Books!

I will get to PMs soon!
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me