❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 am

hehehe, welcome back, Crazy! that was your nickname, right? XD

sparrow; wrote:@Ranger of the North - Ranger, show us. You must. I need to see this comic.
Arya22 wrote:@ranger
Show us!!
The Worst Username wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?
*shoves horrendous into the fire* NO NO NEVER WHY WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK THAT, HAHA
      let us see this beautiful creature
D: bUT IT WAS SO BAD
I gave up after the first page, and I was like twelve, and they were stick-figures with weird hairrr ! D':
Okay fine I'll see if I can find it but I think I burnt it hahaha my horrendous shall remain ashes forever *muffled cheering*
ETA: I had a quick look in the drawer, but I couldn't find it....

also, THIS MAKES ME CRAVE WRITING LIKE OH MY GOSH <33 might help you, Silver?

wildlife. wrote:
I'll check it out soon ^^ c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 30, 2017 12:22 pm

@Silver I wish I could help, but I can barely get myself to write, lol.

@wild I'll go check that out in a little bit.

Ok peeps, I'ma go work on War of Kings, even if it kills me. it probably will, tbh
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Moriarty x. wrote:@Silver I wish I could help, but I can barely get myself to write, lol.

Ok peeps, I'ma go work on War of Kings, even if it kills me. it probably will, tbh

heyy! thanks for your interest. i'm not so sure if you were the one who wanted an access to the doc,
    but if you are, they said that "The administrator for district65.net has disabled the ability to receive items from outside their domain. If those you're attempting to share with would like more information, they should contact their domain administrator directly."

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 30, 2017 1:23 pm

@wild nope, that wasn't me.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

wildlife. wrote:
Moriarty x. wrote:@Silver I wish I could help, but I can barely get myself to write, lol.

heyy! thanks for your interest. i'm not so sure if you were the one who wanted an access to the doc,
    but if you are, they said that "The administrator for district65.net has disabled the ability to receive items from outside their domain. If those you're attempting to share with would like more information, they should contact their domain administrator directly."
yoo, I think that was me c: I shall take a look at it....
ETA: yay, it's working! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Tue May 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Ugh, don't you just hate it when you've spent the last couple of days planning the next few pages of your story in your head and you finally have the time to sit down and write them, and they shrink away back into the depths of your mind? Yeah, that just happened. Curse that muse, wherever she is now.

Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?

No, can't draw well enough, but I have contemplated one for a year. Maybe, when I'm famous and the book I want to be a comic gets published, I can pay someone to make a graphic novel out of it. A girl can dream.

When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?

I tried repeating the same song that fit a scene, but I got sick of it after the third time. I used to listen to Pandora, so that's a bit like a playlist (since it got to a point where almost every song that played was a favorite). Now I just listen to three Falling Up albums and cycle between them. Maybe a Lindsey Stirling album or two, but Falling Up seems to work the best. Tried Starset, too, but I ended up focusing more on the amazing songs and singing along with them :lol: . My answer is I just listen to Falling Up.

Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?

I hate writing when I'm emotional, because it makes the scene emotional. I once wrote when I was depressed, and had to rewrite the scene when I later got over my sadness because the scene was too sad. Most emotions kill my muse, anyway. Neutral or generally happy is where it's at.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue May 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Alright, so I've been reading through this Tumblr thing, and there are all these people sharing Ghost stories - not necessarily stories of ghosts, just stories of . . . Things. Creepy stuff. Anyway, it reminded me of a dream I had a while back (I'm pretty sure I posted it on either this or the first thread, whicherever it was) about monsters chasing after me. It also reminded me of a game I played a few nights ago that's called A Good Wick which is really creepy in of itself but also realy cool (I'll let you see how cool it is for youself, but you should play it at night. Everyone says that), and I was wondering if someone wanted to try and write something Thing/monster-related with me? If not, I can always be stupid and try it on my own. Not sure when, but I just wanted to throw this out there.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am

Hey guys! I've been productively procrastinating my book, and I've written the opening to a short story based on a nightmare I had. It's quite short, so I was hoping you guys might give me a little bit of critique?

The girl lay back on her bed. Not quite an adult, not quite a teenager, she wasn’t quite anything. Not pretty enough to be pretty, not ugly enough to be ugly. But she didn’t care. At that moment, all she cared about was the book she was reading, about a murderer and the prisoner she had trapped in her house. She had picked the book up earlier that morning on a whim, and hadn’t set it down since. As a bit of a picky reader, she was excited to see who was going to get out of this situation alive.

Unfortunately, she couldn’t spend all day reading as she wanted to. Since she had started reading almost as soon as she woke up that morning, she hadn’t eaten. Soon her stomach’s yelling was too loud to ignore. She found the end of the chapter, and with the plot still racing around in her mind, she stood up and wondered downstairs. With her mind so focussed on the plot, she didn’t even notice that she’d made it to the kitchen.

Her house was quite large. Her father and stepmother both had good jobs, and so they along with her two stepsisters, one sister and one brother lived in a village. In the middle of nowhere, as she liked to say.

That will be all :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

DeMaizu wrote:Alright, so I've been reading through this Tumblr thing, and there are all these people sharing Ghost stories - not necessarily stories of ghosts, just stories of . . . Things. Creepy stuff. Anyway, it reminded me of a dream I had a while back (I'm pretty sure I posted it on either this or the first thread, whicherever it was) about monsters chasing after me. It also reminded me of a game I played a few nights ago that's called A Good Wick which is really creepy in of itself but also realy cool (I'll let you see how cool it is for youself, but you should play it at night. Everyone says that), and I was wondering if someone wanted to try and write something Thing/monster-related with me? If not, I can always be stupid and try it on my own. Not sure when, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

I could try it with you. I like monsters and creepy things (really big into Cryptozoology and the paranormal). I also like horror, especially monster based horror. I do have a hard time writing horror, though, and do have a habit of ghosting (or disappearing) when I'm working on something with someone (even a roleplay). I get bored easily and tend to take breaks, short or long, from things. BUT, that being said, I'm still up for collaborating if you are. Besides, it will help me procrastinate The Story of Dante more, LOL.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyoovi » Wed May 31, 2017 9:26 am

so I've decided to try something new as far as storytelling goes. I'm currently writing a Pokemon fanfic, and I was debating how I should go about making the encounters all randomized (as seen in the games) when I got an idea.

my idea is to randomly generate everything. I'll have the character written up and customized to my liking, but they'll have certain stats and skills that will be randomly generated - sort of like in DnD. afterwards, I'll use this website to generate Pokemon that my trainer can encounter. using their skills, they'll most likely have around five to eight turns to attempt to capture said generated Pokemon. how that goes will also be determined by a random number generator, and the capture rate will depend on the type of Pokeball used - as illustrated in this Bulbapedia article. all in all, it'll be like a solo playthrough of DnD.

so what do you guys think? and what sort of stats/skills should I have for the trainer? if you have any ideas, please let me know!
(also, please do not use this whole idea thing and claim it as your own ;v; it took me a while to come up with this riP--)
nyoovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me