❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Shyshie and Martin Trevioiant. Originally it was just supposed to be Martin, but Shyshie slowly stope more and more of the spotlight until I have to say they're both mains now
Ahhh, of course! Shyshie as a main character makes total sense in my head, I've definitely seen her around a lot XD What part does Martin play, again? I haven't seen him around for awhile, and my memory is not what it used to be 🤔 xD Was he her cousin?
Yeah I can't deny I've a teensy bit been playing favorites when it comes to writing characters.
Martin gets a teleporting sword and becomes captain of a teleporting ship. He's Shyshie's friend and gets into plot relevant trouble
XD
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Her pal, I do remember her pal. I don't remember his teleporting sword or his teleporting ship XD

DD Star wrote:Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and just discovered it. I’m somewhat confused on its purpose but glad to be here nonetheless.
I’m currently working on a second draft of the first few chapters of a story I’m working on ^.^
It’s been a while since I’ve worked on it though...
Hellooooo! Welcome to the thread and beware of carrots - what's your story about? c:

@Angel- that description is not wrong 😂
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:
Ahhh, of course! Shyshie as a main character makes total sense in my head, I've definitely seen her around a lot XD What part does Martin play, again? I haven't seen him around for awhile, and my memory is not what it used to be 🤔 xD Was he her cousin?
Yeah I can't deny I've a teensy bit been playing favorites when it comes to writing characters.
Martin gets a teleporting sword and becomes captain of a teleporting ship. He's Shyshie's friend and gets into plot relevant trouble
[center]XD
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Her pal, I do remember her pal. I don't remember his teleporting sword or his teleporting ship

The teleporting ship and sword are pretty new gimmicks introduced into the story. I don't think I've actually written anything about that yet

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A Voice Among Many » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:35 am

Hey, all! I’m curious if anyone has any advice for me since I got the lazy writer syndrome really bad for the past two years. I keep trying to return to writing, but then something psychologically or otherwise happens that makes me stop for literally months and months on end. I honestly don’t know what’s causing it. I also noticed that I use to visualise things in great details, but now it’s like nothing is there imagery wise. I can’t even really visualise other people’s works anymore either so I’ve been having a harder time enjoying reading too.
A Voice Among Many

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:03 pm

I haven't posted here in aaaaages! But I'm glad to see there is still the traditional warning about carrots. XD Anyways, I've been a pretty lazy writer recently. Also because I have too much stuff to do.
The only thing I write nowadays is from the game Create a Village here on cs- it's nice because it gives a setting and some guidelines, and you fill in the rest basically.
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Totally_A_Human » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:54 am

So it's been months since I've posted, but I have a serious question:

Does anybody have tips on how to accurately portray a disability?

One of my characters gets seriously injured and ends up with nerve damage and paresis, so he can't walk normally. I want to have a part about the recovery and therapy (its a fantasy story, so not really modern medicine) I also want it to be a fairly big point because it will severely affect his day to day life.

But as I am not disabled in this way, I am looking for all the help I can get on accurately portraying this kind of thing.
Hello there! I guess I should introduce myself:
You can call me whatever you want, but I call myself Ri.
I am in high school
I love writing and drawing
My favorite colors are blue and grey
My favorite animal is my chorgi (Chihuahua/Corgi), Ms. Honey.
My favorite song is Light it Up by Keely Elise
Totally_A_Human

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Totally_A_Human » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 am

Okay, so I've actually been writing stuff recently, which is weirder than usual, but I wrote something short (6 pages) and I am IN LOVE with it. It's kinda angsty, but it's an AU meeting between the two characters of a different story I'm writing.

If anyone wants to read it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jMt ... sp=sharing
Hello there! I guess I should introduce myself:
You can call me whatever you want, but I call myself Ri.
I am in high school
I love writing and drawing
My favorite colors are blue and grey
My favorite animal is my chorgi (Chihuahua/Corgi), Ms. Honey.
My favorite song is Light it Up by Keely Elise
Totally_A_Human

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:00 pm

^^^Oooo, I'll havr to check it out, I am here for the angst!

Is anyone trying to do NaNoWriMo/NaNoish stuff?
I wasn't planning on it, but I actually sat down to write for once, and I have ~3000 words so far! I'm definitely not going to get into the formal side of things, cause I find it too daunting, but it's been a lot of fun so far. (I reaalllllly need to hammer out the canon though, cause I really don't know a lot of the wordbuilding/it's super vague so I end up having to use placeholders)
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:22 pm

I was gonna mayhaps gonna do it !! Idk if i'll have the time though.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:35 am

any writers still up?
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:55 am

It lives! I am, and I've found that roleplaying is a great way to "practice" writing. It's probably the peer pressure. It's always the peer pressure
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me