❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Loxo wrote:It was actually a different story I found the other day that's about mythical creatures and wizards. It's about a girl that moves to the mountains of California because her dad is an ornithologist whose life goal is to study the Californian condor in the wild. Her new neighbors seem odd and own a lot of exotic animals, like a leopard, a raccoon dog, and a flamingo. She quickly discovers that the neighbors are actually wizards, and that their pets are mythical creatures. They teach her about magic and their pets, then she chooses a mythical creature of her own and joins them as a wizard.
ooh, that does sound fun!

Loxo wrote:I'm nearly done with Arachnid Assault, I'm just in the editing stage. There are a few parts that I can't seem to get right. Thank you for the opinions on the poems, Ranger. I prefer exact or nearly exact rhymes, and I think I know what you mean about the rhythm being a bit off sometimes. They're a bit of a work in progress, so honest opinions are appreciated. It was a bit difficult to make them the same length, but I'm glad that I managed it. I love the conflicting final stanzas, so I'm probably not touching those. I may work on some of the other bits, though.
They're really good! I always struggle with poems, and I'm almost always left feeling like my rhymes are unsatisfyingly weak - but you pulled it off really well!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:57 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Missed you Ranger

I've finally started on a draft for one of my oldest stories and there are so many plot holes but it feels nice to have a project to work on
I've missed you toooo, it's actually really nice to be back <3

Le gasp. Is that the one with Townly and Wes? Either way, exciting!

It kinda is. They've sadly been relegated to side characters but they are still in it!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:50 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:I've finally started on a draft for one of my oldest stories and there are so many plot holes but it feels nice to have a project to work on
It kinda is. They've sadly been relegated to side characters but they are still in it!
luv my bois. Who are the mains?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:04 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:
luv my bois. Who are the mains?

Shyshie and Martin Trevioiant. Originally it was just supposed to be Martin, but Shyshie slowly stope more and more of the spotlight until I have to say they're both mains now

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:15 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Shyshie and Martin Trevioiant. Originally it was just supposed to be Martin, but Shyshie slowly stope more and more of the spotlight until I have to say they're both mains now
Ahhh, of course! Shyshie as a main character makes total sense in my head, I've definitely seen her around a lot XD What part does Martin play, again? I haven't seen him around for awhile, and my memory is not what it used to be 🤔 xD Was he her cousin?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:29 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Shyshie and Martin Trevioiant. Originally it was just supposed to be Martin, but Shyshie slowly stope more and more of the spotlight until I have to say they're both mains now
Ahhh, of course! Shyshie as a main character makes total sense in my head, I've definitely seen her around a lot XD What part does Martin play, again? I haven't seen him around for awhile, and my memory is not what it used to be 🤔 xD Was he her cousin?

Yeah I can't deny I've a teensy bit been playing favorites when it comes to writing characters.
Martin gets a teleporting sword and becomes captain of a teleporting ship. He's Shyshie's friend and gets into plot relevant trouble

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DD Star » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and just discovered it. I’m somewhat confused on its purpose but glad to be here nonetheless.
I’m currently working on a second draft of the first few chapters of a story I’m working on ^.^
It’s been a while since I’ve worked on it though...
Art account: @caramella_by_daniella on insta
Art shop
DD Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm

DD Star wrote:Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and just discovered it. I’m somewhat confused on its purpose but glad to be here nonetheless.
I’m currently working on a second draft of the first few chapters of a story I’m working on ^.^

Honestly I think our purpose is to just think about writing lol. World build, then consider actually writing. Like me lol. Quarantine should have been the perfect time to write but instead I find myself doodling and coming up with teeny-tiny events that may or may not happen in my world. Why must I do this heck
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DD Star » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:42 am

Moonblaze-Angel wrote:
DD Star wrote:Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread and just discovered it. I’m somewhat confused on its purpose but glad to be here nonetheless.

Honestly I think our purpose is to just think about writing lol. World build, then consider actually writing. Like me lol. Quarantine should have been the perfect time to write but instead I find myself doodling and coming up with teeny-tiny events that may or may not happen in my world. Why must I do this heck

Quarantine has not been very productive for many people 😂 although I hoped it would have been lol RIP
Art account: @caramella_by_daniella on insta
Art shop
DD Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 am

Quarantine was a completely new situation that has been stressful in many ways, so don't be too hard on yourself for not writing.
If it's really bothering you, you can look up those "100 writing prompts" things and try some out, or just consider how you would attack one.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me