The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

the fallen: #9

Postby koushi. » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Tribute 11

Orla let out a relaxed breath as she set one paw after the other into the chilled waters of the lake she had just discovered a little while after she had slaughtered the fox known as Kixx. Her nose still burned from the scratch he gave her. His alliance should be finding his body soon, but that didn't bother her. She could handle herself. She didn't want to kill the fox, really. He seemed like he could have been her friend, but friendship meant nothing to those who were fighting for their lives. The water was now up to her stomach and lapped at her flanks in a smooth manner. Even with it's freeze, it did not bother the thick-furred lioness. However, something in the back of her mind told her that this was not a good idea, considering the many tributes that had met a watery demise. She closed her eyes and sighed, spreading her wings lightly on the surface. It rippled under the golden feathers and she began to swim.

Swimming had always been a stress reliever for her. Her father had encouraged her and her many siblings to learn in the shallow creek that ran behind her family's poorly made shack. That was until the accident. A shiver ran up Orla's spine at the mere thought of that fateful day. "No...I'm okay." She told herself with a small shake of her head. Her paws moved across the bottom of the lake until it dropped off into the deeper section. The heart of the lake. Time was foreign to her as she swam out farther and farther out into the seemingly endless freezing water with her eyes closed contently. That peacefulness ended when something prompted her eyes to snap open. Her breathing and hearybeat had accelerated almost immediately. What was happening?!

Panting, Orla spun around to look for the shore. It looked like a miniscule patch of land in the far distance. Too far away for her already exhausted limbs to travel. She blinked her eyes rapidly and tried to take deep breaths, though it was getting increasingly difficult. "Focus, focus!" She commanded frantically, spinning around hopelessly as her frazzled mind tried to think of a plan of action. /Get to land, girl! Hurry!/ Her mind finally said. Orla began taking heavy strokes toward the land with her eyelids beginning to droop. Just need to get closer--

"Orla!" Orla froze, her ears swiveling and heart pounding. "Orla! Help!"
    "Meeko!" Orla called out, thrashing her paws wildly. "Where are you?"
    "Here." And there he was right in front of her. He looked like a ghost standing on the water. His body was skeletal under his light blue fur, each rib could be counted and his hips stuck out painfully from his body. His stormy gray eyes were sunken and cloudy as they stared blankly at a frightened Orla. Seeing her younger brother ignited fear and immense grief in Orla's heart and she looked him up and down.
    "How are you...I mean...you drowned..." She whispered, feeling tears start to brim on her eyes.
    The ghost cocked his head. "I drowned because you let me die." He said, his voice a cruel hiss. "You killed me, sister!"

"I was too slow, Meeko!" She cried out, staring into the dead eyes of her brother. She could feel her hind legs becoming numb and her chin dipped below the water briefly before she jerked it back up. She sputtered and forced herself to be stronger, thrashing wildly. "I tried to save others because I couldn't save you!" She wailed, closing her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

The sunken eyes of the ghost suddenly vanished and Orla felt herself give in the the exhaustion her body had been fighting. Her head disappeared below the surface and she felt the stinging feel of the freezing water winding around her body. She stared up at the hazy dot of light that had once been the sun as she accepted that this would be the way her games were ending. Her eyes closed and her muscles relaxed while her lungs continued to scream for mercy when they were already dead.

I love you, sister. Her brother's voice whispered into her ear, You'll be with me soon. Orla smiled and closed her eyes as she finally succumbed to the blissful feeling of unconsciousness.

The cannon rang out and sent a ripple through the now quiet lake. The body of the powerful lion bobbed to the surface as a warning to others who wanted to venture out into the chilling waters.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby eltonn » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:41 pm

aw no orla D:
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #10

Postby koushi. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Tribute 10

Pillow was confident. She was maybe a little too confident in her chances at winning the Games. She had, after all, gotten into one of the gamemakers' offices and managed to sneak a little peak at the files of all the tributes she was up in the games. They were all pretty pathetic. Most of them were just people from run down peasant families that couldn't do much, the minority had little skill that could easily be bested by her brains. She blew a lock of greasy black hair out of her face only to have it fall down into the exact same place again. She growled a little in annoyance but continued to trot alongside Sky, her only ally. She looked over at the white doe, inspecting the stormy blue eyes and the blood stains decorating her white pelt. Her knife was once again strapped to her side. Sky Snow's file had intrigued her the most, simply because of the similarities between them. Like her, Sky was prone to be...temperamental. They both could care less about the lives of others and would most likely kill each other when the time came without any pleading or stupid things like that. They knew that only one of them could be the victor. Pillow knew that it would be her on the Victor's Throne, not Sky.

"Are you alright?"

Pillow snapped out of her thoughts of betrayal and victory as she heard the doe's serious voice. She shook her head and blinked up at Sky. "What? I'm fine, mother." The butterfly snapped back at her, picking her needle-sharp claws up out of the ground to take the lead. "You honestly need to stop caring so much," she sighed, "it's exhausting." A satisfied smirk crossed her face as she heard Sky snort in annoyance behind her. Pillow swished her thick tail to beckon Sky foreward. "Come on. We need to move." She padded ahead only a few steps before feeling a jolt of blaring pain in her side. She let out an involuntary shout of pain and suprise as she collapsed to the ground with another pained noise. Pillow gritted her teeth together and looked at her flank, the hilt of Sky's knife poking out from the rapidly moving skin. No! Pillow screeched in her head, looking up at Sky in disbelief. The deer was chuckling as she circled the fallen creature with a bloodthirsty glint in her eye like a wolf circling injured prey. She watched while the doe pulled out a second knife, unknown to Pillow. The butterfly wolf's brain turned on and she began to flap her wings, desperate to get off the ground and to safety. The limbs flapped uselessly and aggravated the wound in her side even more. She screeched as the deer slammed her hoof down onto the delicate wing and twisted it. The fragile material tore like cloth under the pressure, causing Pillow to shriek.

She panted heavily and squeezed her eyes shut, willing the tears to stay away. She would not die a coward."You're right, ally." Sky hissed maniacally, bending down and resting the tip of the knife on Pillow's forehead and making the other girl shiver. "Caring for a pig when it's going to be slaughtered is pointless." The tip pressed into Pillow's skull. It made her whimper but her steely gaze did not falter as she stared down her attacker with little emotion. Sky chuckled and whispered gleefully with gleaming cobalt eyes, "Beg me to spare you."
    "Just kill me."
    "You're no fun, Pillow."

The knife moved swiftly and the cannon sounded just as quickly. Sky trotted away from the broken body of her ally with a spring in her step,
    confident that she just cleared the only hurdle between her and the victor's crown.

a/n wrote: This kill is terrible. I apologize ^^"
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:45 pm

ahh savage doe
poor pillow.. im rooting for geoff now!
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 am

Good job to Pillow for making it this far. I'm glad this is starting up again!
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 am

Ah yes!
But 'oh no' at the same time.
Well, at least Orla died in peace.
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
@healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

~ the lights are on, but nobody's home ~

I'm rather shy & not very talkative. Also, a big cowaaard!
But depending on the time of day, I may change drastically.
One constant - awkwardness. Just a heads up.

I might not interact unless approached first.
That being said, I'm slowly working on being more social.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #11

Postby koushi. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Tribute 8

The eleventh kill of the Smoothie Games was a tale of when curiousity really did kill the cat. However, curiousity and stupidity are two very alike things.

A young black cat trotted through the forest, oblivious to the carnage that she'd just witnessed only a few minutes before. It didn't click that there was more to the dense forest than met her lavender eyes. She was a kind cat, but she was dumb. There was no room for kindness in the arena because that was the kind of thinking that always got you killed. However, Apricot could care less about all that. Her mind was focused on her district-mates. Were they all okay? Ester was a nice boy, but he was really quiet. Mostly because of his father. He had actually dated one of her best friends named Vidian. They were really close before Vidian got really sick and died that winter. She can still remember the look on his parents faces -- but they were nothing compared to Ester's. Stanley was her buddy! They would always pull pranks on friends back at home. The only tribute she hadn't known very well was Anna. She had been in her class, but they never talked unless the teacher made them. Nevertheless, she was worried about everyone.

Apricot sighed as the faces of her friends swirled around in her head. The cat cast a soulful glance at the cloudless sky through the gaps in the leaves. Despite it being a life or death situation, it looked really pretty outside. She walked through the already dry mud before she came across an odd sight on the path in front of her. Concealed in a patch of prickly bushes was a satchel. Not just an ordinary satchel, no sir, but a satchel overflowing with goodies. Apricot's eyes widened and she licked her lips at the sight of a thermos shimmering like a desert oasis. Without any hesitation, she approached the horde. She sniffed at the thermos and let out a shaky breath as she smelt the seductive aroma of lamb stew. "Sweet mother of Felis." She breathed. Before she could dive into her tasty treat, there was a rustle in the bushes. Apricot felt her muscles tighten and she froze, her purple eyes looking to the bush directly by her head. Staring out at her from the bushes were a pair of two glowing blue eyes.

She let out a screech and jumped back, arching her back and flattening her ears against her head. The eyes staring at her blinked and began coming out of the bushes. Apricot watched in terror as the eyes became a furry head with jaws full of knives. It made a strange clicking sound and cocked its head, almost like a confused child would. She stared back at it equally as confused. This creature...was it a mutt? But if it was a mutt, why was it, like, not killing her? Cautiously, she relaxed her bristling fur and took a careful step forward. The creature opened its jaws and made another clicking sound, followed by a small hiss. Apricot swallowed and smiled. "Hello there, uh, friend?" She said, her tail swishing anxiously behind her. The creature blinked and made the sound again, stretching further towards her. "Oh, you're not mean, are you?" The cat cooed, moving closer so that she could touch the creature. Throwing caution to the wind, Apricot reached out a paw and pet the creature's head.

At first, the creature shut its eyes and purred like a kitten, nuzzling into the touch. Apricot giggled and moved her down to the furry cheek, continuing to pet gently. This was when she made her error. The creature suddenly jerked backwards and then shot forwards, clamping its jaws at the very top of her leg. The teeth dug into her skin, sending pain up her body. Apricot screamed and fell onto her rump, trying to scratch at its eyes and get free but the creature just growled and began to drag her into the bush as she continued to scream and cry hysterically. Sharp thorns scraped her skin and dug into her pelt and she closed her eyes against them. "Stupid little kitty." Her eyes reopened and she saw two normal eyes smirking at her. Those eyes were the last thing the curious cat saw as another set of jaws closed around her throat and claws slashed at her chest.

The cannon boomed and a young fox slid effortlessly from the bush, his flank covered in thorn pricks and the blood of the young cat. Spiro began to chuckle and shake his head. "Dude, that was freakin awesome! I can't believe that just happened!" He yipped, turning to his best friend/tail. The tail, nicknamed Henry, rolled its eyes and stuck its blue tounge out at Spiro with an annoyed grunt. Spiro huffed. "Don't be such a brat. You have to admit that was just a smidge awesome." Another grunt. "Fine, be that way. I'm going to eat that lamb stew and keep annoying you until it gets dark."
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #12

Postby koushi. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Tribute 17

Night fell on the arena.

A sinister fact to the tributes during the night was that the arena got very cold very quick. A new obstacle to hopefully pick off many of tributes that really didn't stand a chance. Those without the bravery to start a fire or who weren't quick enough to grab a bag at the cornicoupia were in for a tough few nights. The unforgiving chill killed many tributes that night and one of those caught in its icy grip was Jack. The mighty draft horse lay defeated on the frostbitten ground. His black flank shivered as he breathed shallow breaths that showed up in the air as a puff of gray smoke. A wound on his head and neck showed his lack of luck at the bloodbath and the reason he was currently in this position. Plus, hooves weren't good for making fires. Jack heaved himself onto his stomach and laid his head down on the ground, shutting his eyes against the bitter cold that surrounded him. As if the night wasn't bleak enough, he flattened his ears when he felt raindrops pierce his skin like needles.

This wasn't how he wanted to go. Not how his games were supposed to end.

Somebody please come. Please. Please.

Nobody is there. Nobody cares. Nobody will ever care.
The ground is so cold, Kuno. Kuno. Kuno. Kuno.
Come save me.
I miss your fur -- white like snow. Eyes like the ocean. Voice like the wind. I miss the way you hold me. So warm. Warmth. Warm. Heat. Fire. Living room. Father. Mother. Brother. War. Death. Sadness. Anger. Reaped.

Stormy -- no, brother. Tall, strong, handsome. Everything I'm not. Disappointment! That's me. Weak. Weak. Stupid. Runt. My fault. My fault.

No. No. No! No! No! stop it. please.

Too cold. I want Mother. I want Kuno. I want my Father. I want to live!

I CAN'T -------
my head hurts.
try to hold on --
so cold. cold. pain. so close now.

Stormy. Stormy. Please, not yet. I. -COLD! PAIN! HELP!

I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready.

Kuno.
My love.
Love me.

Then the scrambled thoughts evaporated as the cannon rang out through the harsh night and the freezing rain. The light disappeared from Jack's frozen eyes while a tear froze on his cheek.

A/n wrote:Trying out a new thing here. It was actually really fun to write! Those are all Jack's thoughts (if you didn't catch it <3).
PS, if you want to see the crazy format, just click the quote button.
I think that'll work.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:53 pm

aw, now im interested in who kuno was!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I really liked how Spiro used Henry, but poor Apricot. She really didn't see that coming, huh?
Poor Jack. I also want to know who Kuno was!
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me