❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Good luck, Teya!!!

If you had to choose, which of your characters would you bring to life?
Oh gosh!! Oh gosh!! Aah! I don't even know! Any! :D Um.
Hm, actually probably Veil, tbh. Or Kahurangi, a Haast's eagle character of mine. I want birds. Plus I feel like everyone else would hate me XD: (And it would be super awkward)

How would you interact with them?
I'd probably freak out and go into complete fangirl-mode tbh XD <3 c':

anxious ghost wrote:@Ranger I know it's been like forever since you asked man but my mom is finally divorced and got full custody of me so (not this moment but generally) I'm super happy!
Ah, well I'm glad it was a good change for you! c: That must have been really tough *hugs*

anxious ghost wrote:I'm now obsessed with Thomas Sanders so
yeah
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 pm

anxious ghost wrote:-snip-
...and I'm now obsessed with Thomas Sanders so
yeah

Haha... ha... yep. Same.

Hey guys! I know you all have a lot of characters, but, if you had to choose, which of your characters would you bring to life? How would you interact with them?:
I have no idea... probably Em, because she's pretty great. I like to think we'd be friends. To be honest, though, it's more likely that she wouldn't like me much. She dislikes anyone who is "fake" and acts differently around different people, which is basically me. All the time.

Random question time!
Code: Select all
[b]What's your favourite random sentence you've written recently? If you haven't done much writing in a while, random sentence you've read?[/b]

My favourite from my recent writing is this - "I really don't want to die in my pajamas... I'd look like an idiot when they found my corpse." All my characters have their priorities straight, obviously.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Lemme answer my own questions!

Are you doing Camp Nano?
Yup! This will be my fifth time, I believe :) Hopefully, I'll win this time!

If so, what's your project about? What's your goal?
I don't really have a project, probably do oneshots and stuff, like I did for Nano last year. As for my goal, I have it set to 30 hours, but I'm pretty sure that's going to change!

And just for fun, introduce us to your newest character!
Hmm... Who is my newest character?
I'm gonna say Jasmine. She's the younger sister of my villain, the Beta, and is very cute. I don't know much about her yet heh. Also, four-year-olds can be hard to describe.

Hey guys! I know you all have a lot of characters, but, if you had to choose, which of your characters would you bring to life? How would you interact with them?:
Oh gosh um.... idk, maybe Elijah? Before his trauma heh... I just think he'd be fun to hang out with :) Or Jasmine, because four-year-olds are fun and she and my younger sister can become friends.

What's your favourite random sentence you've written recently? If you haven't done much writing in a while, random sentence you've read?
There was one... what was it? I think it was a phrase from my fanfiction, since I haven't been doing much original stuff lately - lemme find it.
“I’m your friend, Roman,” he said. “I’ll help you as long as you listen to me – that’s what friends do.”
It basically sums up the toxic relationship between the two characters.

Ranger of the North wrote:
anxious ghost wrote:I'm now obsessed with Thomas Sanders so
yeah
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO LEAVE alsodoyouwanttoreadmySandersSidesfanfiction?
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

What's your favourite random sentence you've written recently? If you haven't done much writing in a while, random sentence you've read?

"I almost dieded!" he exclaimed, as he continually pressed the start-up button on his computer.

(He went a full day without playing games ahahah)
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 am

Shyshie! I'd bring my little selkie girl to life and read with her for hours on end and give her tea

I like this one because it tells me so much about Jen-suk, the story's antagonist

"To wish me dead is to make a fool of oneself," Jen-suk said, a tenseness edging his voice "for my death endangers the Rican way of life."

"You think highly of yourself."

"Hardly," Jen-suk said drily "I measure myself against a shorter stick than you think. But it is with full honesty I tell you this."

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 am

Ari watched as the man wobbled in strange ways he never thought was possible, it was like his whole body suddenly turned to jello.

- From the FMA Fanfiction 'The Silenced'

Honestly I don't know. I really don't. None of them?

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apochrypha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:40 am

Hey guys, this is my first post here ever! I've been creeping around a little while but never said anything yet. I like to write in an RP context a lot because I like the collaboration, and I feel like I come up with some nice ideas for characters, but then they end up feeling really shallow and I never feel prepared enough to write responses for them in a variety of situations. (Like, I can't think of the perfect thing for them to say/do etc.) I feel like they need more depth, or like I have trouble writing them authentically and organically enough. So I figured I would ask, even though this question has almost certainly been asked before: What do you all do for your character creation process and how do you get inside your characters' heads to write them realistically?

izzy » she/they »
pokefarm q // flight rising

apochrypha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theoutcastfromhell » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 am

Hey, I just found this forum and I thought, wow, that is literally the definition of my life. Lazy writer. I can crank out ideas like no other, the problem is actually turning them into writings. Also, I can write stories or poems (better at poems), but with stories I never seem to be able to come of with the middle. I base most of my writings off of dreams I have had, so I know the beginning and end, but the middle is just a blur. Any advice?

Will answer by... Book nerd, Shy one, Outcast, Dark little poet, and Klutz
theoutcastfromhell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:18 am

Stay away from carrots

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:26 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Stay away from carrots

What Free said, this is good advice.

What do you all do for your character creation process and how do you get inside your characters' heads to write them realistically?
I write with them. I write stories, short stories, backstories, non-canon stories. I write. One thing I've been doing recently is going through and write out an overview of backstories - dipping in for a closer and more detailed look at important points. Might end up sharing one at some point

theoutcastfromhell wrote:Hey, I just found this forum and I thought, wow, that is literally the definition of my life. Lazy writer. I can crank out ideas like no other, the problem is actually turning them into writings. Also, I can write stories or poems (better at poems), but with stories I never seem to be able to come of with the middle. I base most of my writings off of dreams I have had, so I know the beginning and end, but the middle is just a blur. Any advice?

The middle is really hard. So's the start and the beginning, but the middle is hard. Some advice... hmm... Put in obstacles. Think about the goal, what the character wants, and then think of how you can stop them getting it. idk... also it helps if you plan out some important stuff beforehand, like: this is going to happen first, then at some point I want this scene, and then I want to have them have a really emotional talk here, and then this character needs to be captured at some point" etc.
I dunno really... Honestly, I often get started and then figure it out as it goes, so if anyone else has any better ideas, please share!
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren