❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby avior. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:13 pm

whoa guys hey guess who hasn't posted in forever
    me that's who

but anyways I guess some updates on my writing life are in order? I've currently got waaaay too many projects going on, but my most serious one is currently Juno, which I've got over on wattpad! I'd love feedback? here's my profile if anyone's interested. other than that, I've got a few back-burner projects that I'm plotting out and thinking of but not really working on, if that makes sense? and also two fanfics over on quotev but. they're just projects for when I can't think of anything else to do. lol.

@ winged-backpack: I'm really, really loving that verse oof

ahaha. anyone else have like, major insecurities with their writing? I had my most recent chapter finished for a whole month and never published it until just barely because I'm so afraid it's terrible, oof. also, how do you all prefer to develop your characters outside of actually writing? I like to come up with wild headcanons and aus, haha. oh, and also listen to their specific character playlists on repeat oops
REACH
██████████

avi / i like cryptids, space, the adventure zone, and houseplants
they/them pls / cool friend / 1x1 search / art search / link

THROUGH VIOLENCE !!!
avior.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

I'll read everyone's writing in the morning. XD

@Avior- Yes. :/ I tend to come up with random scenarios and have my character's play them out.

@BirdWhistle<3- That sounds cool!

Edit: Winged-backpack, I loved the short story. I've had a bit too much of a fondness for semicolons lately, so yay. XD
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Guess who's not dead! Guess who's writing! (It's just lore on fr, but it feels good to write again)
Also I'ma start volunteering at my library this Friday! My anxiety is thrilled lol it's not it's killing me

@Mai I like the third one best, but I'm a sucker for sad villains, so...

@Ranger is it up again already? I don't remember my info for nano again so idk if I'll be able to join you guys this year (unless I make a new account? but how many times has this happened already?)

@Krenko You're! Back! I've changed my username but you called me Steve c:

@Dev the song's great so far! My sister likes All Time Low quite a bit, and we both listen to a little bit of Panic c: I know nothing about song writing, unfortunately, or I'd help ;-; I'll try to read your short story soon, but the weather's messing with my internet really bad

I got some really great news yesterday, so I'm super happy and motivated. I wanna work on my story but google docs? won't load??? So I'm writing lore instead. Writing is writing, right? write? It's dumpy, but it's here if anyone wants to give it a read.

Welcome new peeps! Stay away from carrots

Edit: so I just wrote this thing...

You've seen too much.
Too much war, too much pain. Too much death. Too many broken hearts.

You've hurt too much.
You've got a war in your head and pain everyday. Everyone dies. Everyone has their heart broken.
It's life, you tell yourself, but how could life be so cruel? Life should be joy and laughter, not shootings and "Ma'am, I'm sorry. Your son is dead".

You can't separate things anymore. Everything is politics. Who you should vote for, who should be hanged. Oh, they were innocent? You wouldn't know. Everything is so corrupt.

The world was never black and white, but it looks like it is. The devil is in the details, they say.

They say global warming isn't real, but you can see the signs. It's here, even if they won't acknowledge it. You wonder why they're content to sit by while their world dies.

You don't watch the news, but the news always finds you. There's been another shooting. There's been another bombing. There's been another flood. You're just so tired.

Because what is there except tragedy? The fire in your eyes has died and the hurricane in your heart simply ceased.

You've got stained glass eyes and a shattered heart, and a broken laugh that betrays you every time.

I was naming my hoards awhile ago and just kinda came up with "You've got stained glass eyes and a shattered heart" and tonight I was sorting pets and saw it and this just... happened.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 pm

BirdWhistle<3 wrote:Episode Interactive is a storytelling app where you can make stories (kinda coding them) and share them with other authors on the app.
Ah! I don't cx

winged-backpack wrote:Thanks! Honestly, I thought I worked out a melody for it just now, and then I realised that I was just singing the verse to the tune of the chorus in Pumped Up Kicks like??? It's a shame that's plagiarism cause it sounded pretty good /:
ALSO I just read your Pure Imagination short story, it's really good! I love the descriptions and I love that you really get a sense of what's happening, even though it's only (less than?) 100 words long!
Oh no, that's always so hilariously sad XD ‘I invented this really catchy song!! — never mind.’ *weeps in a corner*
Thank you so much!! :D I'm glad it worked :D

winged-backpack wrote:Last thing, I entered a competiton to win a Longneck (literally my favourite species on this site) and I was wondering what you all thought of the short story I wrote to win him? I got a little carried away with it, and used some archaisms but I hope anyone who reads it enjoys <3
I'll check it out soon! C:

avior. wrote:
    ahaha. anyone else have like, major insecurities with their writing? I had my most recent chapter finished for a whole month and never published it until just barely because I'm so afraid it's terrible, oof. also, how do you all prefer to develop your characters outside of actually writing? I like to come up with wild headcanons and aus, haha. oh, and also listen to their specific character playlists on repeat oops
Ha. Yes c': But really, who doesn't at some point or other?
I have a huge set of like 40+ questions that I answer as the character, so that's always interesting XD

anxious ghost wrote:Guess who's not dead! Guess who's writing! (It's just lore on fr, but it feels good to write again)
Also I'ma start volunteering at my library this Friday! My anxiety is thrilled lol it's not it's killing me
Yaayy! :.D Yaayy! :.D Yaayy! :.D NoOoOo D:

anxious ghost wrote:@Ranger is it up again already? I don't remember my info for nano again so idk if I'll be able to join you guys this year (unless I make a new account? but how many times has this happened already?)
It is, yes! Or next month, at least cx Well if you do create a new account, be sure to let me know! :D

Speaking of Camp NaNo: there are still thirteen free spots! If anyone else is interested in joining, don't hesitate to let me know!! :D

anxious ghost wrote:I got some really great news yesterday, so I'm super happy and motivated. I wanna work on my story but google docs? won't load??? So I'm writing lore instead. Writing is writing, right? write? It's dumpy, but it's here if anyone wants to give it a read.
I shall!!
Ugh, the google-docs thing sucks. I still have the location of your story that used to be War of Kings, so if you want and you're happy with me doing so, I can copy/paste it and message it to you c:
What's the great news?! o:

I really like your piece btw! It's really powerful and effective. At first, I thought it must be some apocalyptic world you'd created — but then I realised it was referring to nowadays, it was startling! XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadowloversmothie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 pm

I would like to introduce myself (if that’s okay) I am a average writer when it comes to my age, I like drawing and writing. I don’t really have many goals in writing but getting people to enjoy my work is what I’m here to do. I’m open to critique but only constructive critique. I am working on improving my vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills. I have read many books that have inspired yet excited me along the past years and I hope to improve throughout this year.

Thank you for your time, I hope I was allowed to join/ do this.

Have a nice day/night.

Sincerely, shadow.
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:05 pm

shadowloversmothie wrote:I would like to introduce myself (if that’s okay) I am a average writer when it comes to my age, I like drawing and writing. I don’t really have many goals in writing but getting people to enjoy my work is what I’m here to do. I’m open to critique but only constructive critique. I am working on improving my vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills. I have read many books that have inspired yet excited me along the past years and I hope to improve throughout this year.

Have a nice day/night.

Sincerely, shadow.
Welcome, welcome! Everyone's free to join our ranks :D Good to see you here! C: (And watch out for carrots!)
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 am

shadowloversmothie wrote:I would like to introduce myself (if that’s okay) I am a average writer when it comes to my age, I like drawing and writing. I don’t really have many goals in writing but getting people to enjoy my work is what I’m here to do. I’m open to critique but only constructive critique. I am working on improving my vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills. I have read many books that have inspired yet excited me along the past years and I hope to improve throughout this year.

Have a nice day/night.

Sincerely, shadow.

Welcome! Watch out for carrots :D

Ranger of the North wrote:
winged-backpack wrote:Thanks! Honestly, I thought I worked out a melody for it just now, and then I realised that I was just singing the verse to the tune of the chorus in Pumped Up Kicks like??? It's a shame that's plagiarism cause it sounded pretty good /:
ALSO I just read your Pure Imagination short story, it's really good! I love the descriptions and I love that you really get a sense of what's happening, even though it's only (less than?) 100 words long!
Oh no, that's always so hilariously sad XD ‘I invented this really catchy song!! — never mind.’ *weeps in a corner*
Thank you so much!! :D I'm glad it worked :D

It's so frustrating, honestly. I've got the chord structure worked out and everything, it's jst finisheing the lyrics and working out the melody that's stumping me! :lol:

Ranger of the North wrote:
winged-backpack wrote:Last thing, I entered a competiton to win a Longneck (literally my favourite species on this site) and I was wondering what you all thought of the short story I wrote to win him? I got a little carried away with it, and used some archaisms but I hope anyone who reads it enjoys <3
I'll check it out soon! C:

Ahaha, I didn't win it ^^'

anxious ghost wrote:@Dev the song's great so far! My sister likes All Time Low quite a bit, and we both listen to a little bit of Panic c: I know nothing about song writing, unfortunately, or I'd help ;-; I'll try to read your short story soon, but the weather's messing with my internet really bad

Cool! That's okay, I'm not so good at it myself so far. I'm trying to see it as a poem with more of a rhythm than most of my other stuff, but it's really difficult cause I have to make it rhyme too ^^''
I love that piece you wrote! It's so beautifully poetic! It's really good <3

Krenko wrote:Edit: Winged-backpack, I loved the short story. I've had a bit too much of a fondness for semicolons lately, so yay. XD

Thanks! I didn't win him, but I might use the story for something else soon. Maybe another Edgar Allan Poe pastiche?

avior. wrote:
    @ winged-backpack: I'm really, really loving that verse oof

Thanks! I was hoping that embedding the names of the bands would work in the context, cause hearing it out loud is kinda like calling our first concert a bad thing, so unless you see it written down or know the bands it kinda doesn't work, but I sorta like the fact that it's sort of got that double meaning.

(Omg is this what Ranger feels like?? with all the quotes n replies aaaaa)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello, Steve. XD I hope you've been avoiding carrots! Your work there shows a dark way of looking at the world- true, but dark. I love it. :thumbup:

Hi, Shadow! Welcome to the group. Avoid carrots at all cost, they will kill you and they'll have fun doing it. ;)

Avior, I haven't read your writing yet, I accidentally closed it down this morning and haven't gotten the time to bring it back up and read it. Which one do you want us to read, Juno or Erinn..or both?
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avior. » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Krenko wrote:
Avior, I haven't read your writing yet, I accidentally closed it down this morning and haven't gotten the time to bring it back up and read it. Which one do you want us to read, Juno or Erinn..or both?

ahaha well erinn was super old, so I mean I won’t stop you but read it at your own risk
    juno is the one I was referring to, but obviously it’s not an obligation or anything
    just if you feel like it

welcome to the group, shadow! not that I’m one to talk, I like just came back from passively ignoring everything that has anything to do with writing oops
REACH
██████████

avi / i like cryptids, space, the adventure zone, and houseplants
they/them pls / cool friend / 1x1 search / art search / link

THROUGH VIOLENCE !!!
avior.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Have a nice day/night.

Sincerely, shadow.

Ooh! Hi! Watch out for carrots! ;)
You say you're an average writer, I'm really curious about your writing style! I hope I can correct that "average"!

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me