❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 am

Klain wrote:Do you guys actually write in English or your mother language (if it isn't English)? Just curiuos, because I really want to share my work /part of my works with you to get opinions and all but yea, I don't write in English so I can't really show it here + I'm a little to lazy and scared to try to translate it.

I write in English -- it's my first language, and I'm not fluent enough in the other languages I'm learning to write in those. But I think I'd like to try writing in a different language someday, when I'm more fluent.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:09 am

Klain wrote:Do you guys actually write in English or your mother language (if it isn't English)? Just curiuos, because I really want to share my work /part of my works with you to get opinions and all but yea, I don't write in English so I can't really show it here + I'm a little to lazy and scared to try to translate it.

I do tend to write in English, as it's my first language, but I have been incorporating in some Spanish into my writing, as I'm fluent enough that I could hold a conversation in it. Plus my protag is hispanic so I sort of have to be able to allow her to speak in her native language.

I have a question actually:
Code: Select all
[b]When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?[/b]

Just wondering, because when I write, even a first draft, I tend to focus on getting the grammar and stuff right away. Like, I'll put in commas, dashes, semi-colons - everything. I can be a real pedant about it actually ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 am

When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?
I focus on grammar and spelling and everything as soon as I notice it. I also have difficulty going on if it's not "perfect."
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:32 am

Peachycupcake525 wrote:When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?
I focus on grammar and spelling and everything as soon as I notice it. I also have difficulty going on if it's not "perfect."

I completely get this! I have to force myself not to read things I've already written, or else I' never move forward.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 am

When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?

Pffft....
The only time I'm gonna start a first draft is during Nanowrimo and literally the motto of Nano is "Write first, edit later."
So, no, if I don't add it in right away, I'm not going to bother.
But I do fuss with spelling, I hate seeing those red squiggles.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:15 am

Eh . . . . Bit of both. Usually what happens is I write it out, sometimes fixing spelling mistakes along the way, and then when I come back to add more, I'll see how I could change a sentence here and there to make it better as I keep going. I do focus on the punctuation a lot the first time around, though.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 pm

My mother-tongue is English, so that's what I use c: I would really love to one day write a full-on chapter-book in Te Reo*, though :D

I won't check regularly to make sure it's perfect or anything (too depressing), but I do like to at least start off with good grammar

*Māori cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm

turtle, wrote:

I usually always write in English, and I prefer to read English books over ones written in my mother language. I feel sentences in Norwegian are super awkward, and we don't have as many words as the English languges does, but I have of course managed to come across a few good books written in Norwegian too c:

what's your first language?

German '3'

I focus on the grammer right from the start. But often I realize that, if I read it some days later again, I still have some (big) mistakes. But I guess that's normal and happen because I'm totally focused on the story. '3'
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:13 pm

My neighbour's German! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuryBotWimzie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:00 am

Hi, guys! Pretty darn new to this thread. Mostly just marking right now. I've been writing lately with two stories in mind, primarily. One's a fanfiction and the other's an original work, both multichapter.

I hope I can contribute to the conversation a little. :D
    Hi! I'm Wimzie, and I'm a female adult player
    from the Midwest! I love cartoons/animated films,
    pro wrestling, and video games, to cover it all broadly.

FuryBotWimzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me