❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:21 am

Arya22 wrote:Alright now so I'd like some feedback on this? Thank you to anyone that answers!! It doesn't have any story around it, it's just a tiny piece of writing I tried doing differently.

We were walking down the pine-covered path, surrounded by trees and ferns. My hand was in yours. We arrived in the clearing, and climbed onto the log, then sat down. "Do you remember how you imagined our first kiss to be?" The sun in front of us was a soft orange and pale pink. A gentle breeze blew around us. "You said it'd be at sunset." You slid closer. I leaned my head on your shoulder and your arm was around my waist, warm. Somehow, I looked up. you looked down. My body turned and we were face to face. My eyes closed, your lips were on mine. Soft, gentle. A slight prickle from the teenage fuzz you hadn't shaved off. I don't remember who pulled away. But we were just looking at each other. You smiled.

I think this is really nice, I honestly wouldn't change a thing, but I'm no expert. cx

What resources do you use to make sure your characters are well-developed? idk, I just write and write, and write some more XD
Last edited by ~Teya~ on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriDeZu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:40 am

What resources do you use to make sure your characters re well developed?
My sister. We'll go onto google docs where we can type at the same time and have our characters interact. It's really fun.
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 am

@Teya

Thank you!! Since it's so different from what I usually write, I wasn't sure how it had actually turned out. ^^ It's actually biographical
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm

AriDeZu wrote:What resources do you use to make sure your characters re well developed?
My sister. We'll go onto google docs where we can type at the same time and have our characters interact. It's really fun.

I wish my sister did that with me, but she's not really into writing ;p; That sounds really fun ^^
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:18 pm

So, I have a trilogy planned out for my story, and my sister and I named the second and third books; The Unwanted King and The Tower of Souls. Book one is still tragically unnamed.
Also, I've done nothing for nano still. I've given up.

what helps you concentrate when you're writing?
Music, being alone, gloomy weather.

Character dialogue or details about the surroundings?
I prefer writing about surroundings, but I prefer reading dialogue.

What is the most important part of developing a world?
Don't forget the little things. Writing about mythology and politics is fun, but don't forget the little things like where sewage goes, who distributes food, etc.

Do you take any inspiration from any specific writers/media?
Maggie Stiefvater. I spend a lot of time on twitter and pinterest.

What's your favorite part about writing?
Character development and generalized brainstorming.

Do you carefully plan out your story or make it up as it goes along?
I don't do much planning before I start writing.

What is your favorite way to get ideas for writing?
Character development. I answer the questions I have written down, and that doesn't help me a whole lot, but then I fill the margins with ideas. Also, I tend to get inspiration from other books/movies/shows. And songs.

What resources do you use to make sure your characters are well-developed?
Idk. I have a set of questions I use.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Music, nighttime and being sure I will not be disturbed.

Dialogue! I don't describe my surroundings as much as I used to, I've noticed. Been trying to fix it, but character dialogue just seems more important.

What is the most important part of developing a world?

The culture(s) and creatures. Sure, you can have a world, but it would be very hard to write about it if you didn't have real inhabitants.

The characters. Just planning them, learning them, and then writing them. They've all become really close friends and parts of me.

A little bit of both, honestly. I always plan my story in my head (I've been writing plotpoints out more now), but then there are those times where things just come out of nowhere, as if the story's writing itself.

Listening to music and gleaning ideas from media, like movies or books.

Not many, actually. I used to use roleplay forms, but those soon felt repetitive and asked questions that don't really fit (what kind of music do they like, what kind of car do they drive. Dude, they're dinosaurs, they are unknown to both of those things). The resources are mostly in my head, now. I interview them, I write short little stories of them in certain situations, I lay back and talk with them in my mind, learning them. You know, the usual stuff. I'm not crazy I swear.

Code: Select all
[b]Do you have certain songs that fit certain characters? Theme songs, so to speak?[/b]

Yep! I didn't used to, but there are just some songs that really fit certain characters, I can't help but stick it to them. I've started a little list, now, to be honest. Some special characters have even found more than one song! I've found this, too, helps me learn them.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Do you have certain songs that fit certain characters? Theme songs, so to speak?

Actually yes I do. A lot of my Ocs have a theme song.

Silence?

Ummmmmmmmm Details about the surroundings.

My favorite part about writing ? Um.... being able to draw in different people with different characters. Different strokes for different folks yanno? Worlds you can explore deeper into. Fff I'm gonna reference Homestuck again as I did later in the post. There are a ton of different characters and lore that are just so great. From the Ancestors to the Dancestors, from just how many multiverses there are in a single Sburb/Sgrub session. And trust me. there are a lot.

Its the glee that people get from reading what someone has written the world you may or may not have created. Getting to explore deeper into a world someone else has created or you have created yourself. Seeing how much you can get away with within a written work. Feeling as if you're apart of the action just as much as say John or Dave are as you're writing an action scene.

Until you get writers block and go flop somewhere.

That is my favorite part about writing.

What is planning xD To be honest, its more of the latter in my case though it often backfires.

I normally like long road-trips, my family used to have to take trips up to St George and Las Vegas, which sadly was pretty often in some cases, so I'd have plenty of time to think about what to do next on the road. However that's proven horrible without something to write down the ideas with my short term memory and all.

I don't live around this area anymore so this isn't giving away my location at all I swear on Karkat Vantas' Mutant blood color :T

But if i'm making a fanfiction, Ae being Tempting Fate and Prisoner of Galra, I normally like to look at the base material. For Pokemon Black I like to watch Lets Plays to get an idea for what to do next as I don't have the game anymore I sometimes even look at other Nuzlockes to draw inspiration for something in the book. I haven't tried writing for Prisoner of Galra for this reason however now that I have a place to watch it it might start making reappearances.

........... I don't. That's probably a problem though xD Though I do have a file where I was asking my Oc Arianna various questions so I guess that counts???

Code: Select all
[b]Do you use any kind of oc sheet?[/b]

@Ranger

I kinda died. But that was mostly because I was thinking about leaving the Lazy Writers that and things came up.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

winged-backpack wrote:@ranger
I didn't die, I'm just not doing nano so I'm kinda feeling out of place atm
We can sit together in the non-NaNo corner and eat chips then XD

BucketORandomness wrote:Random character development thought: My creative writing teacher says you should be able to order for your charrie at a restaurant. You could also, however, fill out a college application for them. Those things ask for all kinds of information and specifics.
Ooh. Tbh I wouldn't know what to order myself at a restaurant, but I can try find me a college application form XD

Do you have certain songs that fit certain characters? Theme songs, so to speak?
Tragically, I'm better at finding songs for other people's books and characters XD
Although Wren did point out that Refugee by Kansas fits Em really well! As does Home by Phillip Phillips. So that's pretty cool C:

I use this set of interview questions, usually, and I think it's worked pretty well so-far?
For the first time ever, I've actually nearly finished filling one out!! :D

WinterSerperior wrote:@Ranger

I kinda died. But that was mostly because I was thinking about leaving the Lazy Writers that and things came up.
Aw dear. I hope things are sorted out now! c:

Do you use any kind of oc sheet?
Mind explaining what that is? XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:18 pm

@ Ranger

Basically what it is is an oc spreadsheet to help with making characters :T

I had a long drawn out written t hing but my internet decided that it was going to disconnect me and erase everything :T

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherubim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 pm

usually I'd be answering questions but I have recently lost my writing mojo and am at a loss here. I have done my english creative writing (well, somewhat; I have started three different stories and only one was finished because I cannot make up my mind) and I've all but lost any motivating to write more. I feel horrible because I have roleplay partners on AS that are awaiting my replies and I just can't get to it - that, and I hate leaving stories unfinished. does anyone have any tips to getting over an intense writing block? or just simply getting motivation to write?

also! I remember there was talk of someone possibly making a thread dedicated to writing fanfiction and I was totally up for that, so does anyone know if that exists? because if not I'd happily make the thread. hey, maybe that may help me!
x
x
x

┌──────────── (☀) ────────────┐
❝ 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞
🕊 wren 🕊 they/she 🕊 sylvain's wife! 🕊
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

└──────────── (☀) ────────────┘
cherubim

My pets
My items