( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you play an instrument ?

i used to !
24%
yes , and i love it !
25%
yes , but i don't really anymore .
11%
yes , and i hate it .
1%
no , but i really wish i did ! !
22%
no , not at all , never want to .
8%
i'm learning , not the best .
9%

Total votes : 85

Re: ( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby rvbytea » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 am

small mark~
    hey! i have been on a hiatus due to school, i apologize if i dont respond quickly!!
rvbytea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kdz

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

@ sketchiimutt, what a cutie oml, his personality is adorable ♥♥ for names; the first things that came to mind were mordecai or ridge, no specific reason ahah but i thought i'd share them w. u : 0 !! anyways, considering some of his traits are quiet + caring, some names that are softer sounding/meaning could fit him rly well (some suggestions; ren, aster, halley) !
      but also, names that are tougher sounding/meaning could b pretty interesting as well, considering they would kind of contradict his personality (some suggestions; rex, archer) ! (q w q )

@ sanara, precious lil smols <33 i could def see yr first kid to be a native hawaiian/islander with the fact she looks like a watercolour painting + bc of her flowers, (she's very relaxing too, ahah) ! maybe some water or flower themed names would go nicely for her ? some suggestions; lily, myrtle, mira, naia ! & i , , love mr. tall that would be a rly neat ringleader name actually ahah, & the concept u have for him ♥♥ first thing that came to mind for him was vince/vincent, but for no real reason pfft. a few others r eli, or hoshi : 0

@ hazilnut, i lovv that concept , , it's super unique n cool sounding ? i do believe growing plants & things is a legendary trait, but there's always loopholes to those kinda magic things (/ w \ )b like maybe when they were young they stepped on a magic thorn, or smthn, that turned eventually turned into roots ? anything that didn't have 2 do w. a magical spell or natural growth on the kal would probably get through without the kalon being legendary (but it would prob. be good to ask staff anyways;;), ahah.

as for their personality, it could possibly be a mixture of those two ideas you mentioned : 0 ? maybe they are actually quite wise, they could give others good knowledge if they wanted to; but because they're bitter of their situation, they prefer to trick others - may it be bad directions or false facts, etc ahah. though perhaps if someone was really to befriend them, they'd share a bit of wise knowledge with them instead of fooling them ! either way, i love the idea you have so far ♥♥

───────────────────
      just thought i'd drop in real quick to reply to some of u ♥ i'm v tired right now, so i rly apologize for my lack of replying to more people & that i just wrote these rly fast :'0 !! i'm enjoying this thread a whole ton already though, it's super nice to read abt all yr kals & ideas ♥ (n high fives whoever also voted green on the latest poll abt favourite colours on kalons;; green kals r blessed >:'0 )

Postby Sandstorm814 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:31 pm

@Wileyfangs - I think it is a great idea that she grew attached and ended up adopting them! Yes, it does make sense, and sounds like a very good backstory.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 am

aahhhh this is a wonderful idea! marking for later! c:
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:59 am

mark

╔══════════════════════════════╗
spectre adult pst they/he bisexual
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
hey, i'm spec! i'm your average user with
too much free time. my interests include
drawing, music and gaming. i love crows,
fortnite and ranboo. feel free to PM me!!

╚═════════════════════════╝

allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm

just wanted to reply to some ppl ! ♥

@sketchiimutt; oo his design is lovely !! when i am trying to find names, i usually think about the meanings and how they could go along with the personality. i use babble.com, and it's super simple ! you should give it a shot ♥

@sanara; haha i love the oxymoron name !! mr tall is so cute aa || i think that should be his show name, but as for real names i was thinking arcade, jareth, or victor ! now for the girl, abella or aileen sounds nice uvu

@fluffybirdie; i think his job should be a chef that preforms for the customers, such as creating daunting flames and whipping up food real fast. it would allow him to compete with the other chefs around him for the patron's applause and attention. perhaps he really looks up to this crazy good chef gordon ramsay and is constantly learning new stuff from watching him cook? i would definitely try to stay away from the bakery/pastry sort of jobs, as he is based around a birthday cake and that would be sorta stereotypical oops :''> anyways i hope this helped !! it's hella messy but i kinda like it lol ♥

@hazilnut; okay okay, so u want this kid to grow roots from his paws? perhaps he is the reincarnation of a forest god, who replenished the people's trees when they were burned down or something happened that wasn't their fault. he's trying to live his life as a normal teen, but has problems dealing with his powers. like, say he could heal trees and other plants, but is trying to keep it a secret. he has a devilish look in his eye, and likes sometimes trapping people or scaring them in the woods by moving the trees just for the laughs. for the design i think a tree bark/wooden kalon would look suuuuper sick :00

@wileyfangs; for the au stuff, you should make a thread, organizing all the ideas for each different au you have in different posts. then once u have them all sorted out, place your kalons into each au as you see fit. like, modern would be one post, salt kal city would be another one, so on and so forth. now for hollis and hunni, i think that they should've acted together and hunni decided it was worth a shot to ask if she could stay with her for a while. the two bonded and hunni accidentally fudged up on something -- such as tarnishing hollis' rep. or getting her starring role repealed from her. then hollis threw hunni out, but then realized her mistake and visited the orphanage to ask for her forgiveness and to see if hunni wanted to move back in and become her daughter. really dramatic but i think it would fit well?

ok so my hands hurt now
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:30 pm

nvm, im sorry for typing so much

mark
Last edited by NE0N-UMBR30N on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:44 pm

mark if that's alright ;>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrannical » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:20 pm

mark :> such a good thread
tyrannical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me