❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey. You know how a lot of you guys say you're more creative at night? (Or all of us, I suppose). I decided to look it up and I found a pretty cool article on how and why that works. And how to use that during the day ^¥^

http://creativesomething.net/post/54997 ... and-how-to
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:Hey. You know how a lot of you guys say you're more creative at night? (Or all of us, I suppose). I decided to look it up and I found a pretty cool article on how and why that works. And how to use that during the day ^¥^

http://creativesomething.net/post/54997 ... and-how-to
Ooh, that's interesting! o: I can definitely say I will not be drinking alcohol, though, yuck XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm

How many characters have killed? And have you brought some back to life in another story just to be eventually killed again? Can't say I have. I haven't killed many characters, a few side characters, but no main or antagonist ones ;w; I might someday, who knows (; As for reviving anyone, nope! Haven't found the need for it, yet. C;

Are you doing Nano? What'll your story be about? I can't say I know what Nano is, is that bad? ;-; I really need to catch up with things.

@Silver Pandorica Hey, that's pretty cool! I never knew. Although, I don't really like writing at night. I always feel like I don't have enough time after around 6 or 7 PM to write, and I wouldn't want to stop in the middle of being full of ideas because I have to get some sleep xD

Ohh! That would be a good question! C;
Code: Select all
[b]How long have you stayed up writing because you just couldn't stop?[/b]
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:15 pm

@winged: Well, I'm currently on-pause when it comes to my fanfictions, but as I told The Worst Username a page or two before, I'm writing a fantasy book. However, I can certainly elaborate more on my plans. My fanfictions are primarily based on Warrior Cats and I have two separate universes: New Times, New Struggles, and the Lake Tahoe Clans.

NTNS is about two Thunderclan mollies, Honeystorm (me) and Acornpaw/Acornnose (my friend), and their life together. It's based on a roleplay that my friend and I did and I think that it portrays mentor/apprentice relationships fairly realistically. Granted, the two are more like sisters by the time Acornpaw becomes a warrior, but that's also reflecting our relationship considering we're over 2 years apart.

LTC is exactly what it sounds like: it's about clans in Lake Tahoe. However, the history and worldbuilding is awesome. So, Cherryclan is the first clan, which settles in South Lake Tahoe. Many generations later, when the clan grows too big, Frostfur takes half the clan up north to create Frostclan. A while later, Mistclan forms from a rapidly-growing clowder south of Cherryclan, and finally Moonclan (my friend's fanclan), joins the other three after the destruction of their territory in South California. I consider everything before Bramblefur/Bramblethroat's time "history" and everything afterwards "the future" simply because I fell in love with Bramblefur. Basically, she's a storyteller who wants to know the truth behind every story and legend the clans have between them. And that's a lot of stories. So most of the prologues and epilogues deal with her in the present day, listening to the stories and talking to Starclan cats who love her for her enthusiasm and dedication.

I'm also in the process of building a multiverse known as the Fantasticals universe, which actually connects to my current book. The multiverse explains why all magical creatures (and magic) disappeared around the Renaissance and where they all went. Most of the stories take place in their version of the modern times, which is also when most of my characters (CS and OC) are alive.

When I'm done with all of these, I plan on publishing the book and Fantasticals stories, and sharing the Google Docs where the fanfictions are on. What do ya'll think?
Status wrote:I'm done. Can't believe it. But this
chapter of my life is finally over.
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 pm

How long have you stayed up writing because you just couldn't stop?
I love sleep.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:32 pm

I either end up going online, or getting grumped at to go to bed, so yeah....
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 pm

24 hours. ........ Though to be honest i think my writing reflected I stayed up for 24 hours as well lmao.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm

WinterSerperior wrote:How long have you stayed up writing because you just couldn't stop?

24 hours. ........ Though to be honest i think my writing reflected I stayed up for 24 hours as well lmao.

Wait... you wrote for... 24 hours... without stopping? That is impressive if so!
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Woogwoo Wren wrote:
WinterSerperior wrote:How long have you stayed up writing because you just couldn't stop?

Wait... you wrote for... 24 hours... without stopping? That is impressive if so!

I mean I did have to stop for necessary things ae: needs and I think we had to go somewhere that day. But it was a pretty good day for writing. Never will do that again though lmao.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:03 am

I very often stay up/wake up in the early hours of the morning because of my insomnia, and writing is one way I occupy myself while I'm trying to feel tired. But that's writing because I'm staying up, I think the latest I've stayed up because of writing is probably 2/3am. I tend to write in the evenings anyway, if I try to write in the day it never really goes very well.

@simonpet
Those sounds really interesting! I'm not so much a fan of warrior cats as I used to be when I was 12 but they sound really cool. SOunds like they're very deeply thought about and developed, especially with the worldbuilding aspects.

Speaking of worldbuilding, I've just realised how little I actually have to do with 10,000 Doors because her world is the corridor filled with doors. Not a lot of building to do there ^^' I've still not written or even thought about Door 8 yet, I'm going to try and work on it this weekend, if I don't go to my friend's house to binge watch power rangers on Netflix (who says we're not mature enough to be adults yet?)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me