The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Year!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Ye

Postby Lya » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Ugh, setting up that Toyhou.se for the Character Keeper is taking ages... I'm not even through half of my charries yet and I'm tired. u_u

Anybody got some motivation? xD
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Pirate Dragon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Lya wrote:
    Ugh, setting up that Toyhou.se for the Character Keeper is taking ages... I'm not even through half of my charries yet and I'm tired. u_u

It took me forever (it feels like) to get mine in. I hope you find the energy and time to complete!
I'm not really active here anymore. Please don't ask for my pets or OCs!
The Pirate Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:59 pm

The Pirate Dragon wrote:
Lya wrote:

It took me forever (it feels like) to get mine in. I hope you find the energy and time to complete!

I'm not even attempting to consolidate everyone onto toyhou.se. It's a great idea for a website, but it's such a struggle to operate... uploading piece by piece. Some of my characters have like 90+ pieces, no thank you. For character keeper, I'll be using my weebly site!

More power to you, I'm impressed that you've even decided to pursue TH xD
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 am

Wesley wrote:
The Pirate Dragon wrote:
Lya wrote:

I'm not even attempting to consolidate everyone onto toyhou.se. It's a great idea for a website, but it's such a struggle to operate... uploading piece by piece. Some of my characters have like 90+ pieces, no thank you. For character keeper, I'll be using my weebly site!

*warrior noises* my 400+ ocs [save for one i got recently] have pages made on my toyhou.se. that wasn't fun tho
now ive got to upload like... 1000+ pieces of oc art? a mistake. i think ive uploaded all of the solo sona art by me & now im onto the fanstuck bc they have a lot of art [ackdan has 149 solo pieces by me rip... ive not even taken pictures of all my traditional artwork yet either]
weebly would be good except... 400 oc pages ugh. too much. for some reason ive decided to do character keeper w/ sta.sh and toyhou.se?? watch me suffer guys
hope you manage to pick up motivation !! if it helps, just imagine me suffering and sobbing whilst clutching all of the oc art. keeping up motivation is hard tho; just remember you do have the whole year to upload your ocs onto there! maybe try taking a break?

so like 223 or smth of my ocs were designed by me so [technically, since i still have to write stuff down] that's like 50% of balancing the books completed
I DONT KNOW THE CREDITS FOR A COUPLE OF OCS & A COUPLE PIECES OF ART THO AND THIS REALLY IRRITATES ME

ive done like 4 50x50 avatars & sketched out 14 more - just gotta finish & upload them. im having fun animating them too haha

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:56 am

Soon I'll be able to properly work on this again <33
(Had an essay which is due tomorrow. Doing finishing touches at last <3 )

I'd love to update my toyhouse, though I'm using my weebly for my Character Keeper.
I think it would be nice to have one properly set up to show off my characters a little easier. The format is really nice, but yeah I wish it had bulk uploading. That feature on Weebly is a lifesaver, although I go through and have to edit all of them anyway to add captions for names... -shrug-

I'm probably going to use a bunch of icons and tags etc that my characters already have, since I've noticed they're pretty pricey to buy in a lot of places, and I have to be saving money for a puppy. (Can't do any for myself so I have to buy it all.) Decided that since I have to get reference sheets and new themed pieces for most of my characters anyway, I'll just cut a couple of corners where they do have stuff. Means I can focus on those that don't a little more.
(I'll make a note of how many I reuse. I'll go through and do this soon I think)
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RenaiRoa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 am

Username: RenaiRoa
How many characters do you own? 18 active, Tier 1 [active characters]
What challenge(s) will you be attempting?
    -Character Keeper
    -Balancing the Books
    -Basic Bio
    -Personality Pro
    -Snapshot
    -Tag, You're It
    -Ready to Reference
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: toyhou.se
Any additional questions or information: -none-
auld lang syne

- ════════════════ - ❉ - ════════════════ -

RenaiRoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:26 am

Wesley wrote:
The Pirate Dragon wrote:
Lya wrote:

I'm kinda... "lucky" to have so little art of my babes then. :'D

And while I sit on my TH I always get tons of ideas how the site could be made better... but I don't have the coding knowledge to even attempt to pull that off & the owners are kinda on a hiatus, right?

What really irks me is that I can't give both lineart & design credits when uploading a picture. And that I will have to upload group pictures multiple times. That just cloggs up their server... =/

I kinda want to be done with Character Keeper and Balancing the Books before the end of January. I don't know if I will be able to actually pull off the other quests, but those two should be possible (and completing them early will hopefully help me staying motivated :P).
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:41 am

Lya wrote:What really irks me is that I can't give both lineart & design credits when uploading a picture. And that I will have to upload group pictures multiple times. That just cloggs up their server... =/

I kinda want to be done with Character Keeper and Balancing the Books before the end of January. I don't know if I will be able to actually pull off the other quests, but those two should be possible (and completing them early will hopefully help me staying motivated :P).

oh, with lineart & designer credits, when you upload a picture, you should have an option to add a caption, so you can just add in the caption "coloured by xxx" or "lines by xxx"
i totally get group pictures multiple times tho omg. it could be worth "creating a character" called "couple/group art" goes here? not too sure tho :p

yea, i think many people are trying to get those done asap? bc those are the two "easiest", generally speaking

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 am

Username: reygankiwi
How many characters do you own? 200+ (Tier 4)
Character Keeper
Detailed Description
Tag, You're It

Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress:
I had to message a mod as the toyhou.se I'm using contains NSFW.
As for a specific journal, I'm using my DA journal here
Any additional questions or information:
I already messaged a mod about my question regarding explicit nsfw toyhou.se's, but I would love to hear from any other mods on this website. currently nsfw is hidden from all guests but it seems normal users that have nsfw filter off can see it. what should i do, will i be banned if a user doesnt have nsfw filter off and they see it, etc.
i'm not including my owned tokotas at this time.

auld lang syne
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smartyk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Username:
Smartyk

How many characters do you own?
6 (tier 1)

"Snapshot", "Tag, You're it!" "A Hundred Avatars, "Ready to Reference"

Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress:
(pending)

Any additional questions or information:
Nope c:
auld lang syne

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Smartyk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups