fantasy writing comp 2018

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018

Postby neferp1tou » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 pm

both accepted <3
glas some people are exited to enter !!
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaci Eclipse Kitty » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Joining Form
Username: Galra Keith Kogane
Pronouns: she/her
Favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc: oof, this is a hard question, but I would probably have to go with fantasy/dark. SUPER. DESCRIPTIVE. SUPER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
experience as a writer: I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and I am working on a full-length book right now, so I may or may not use some excerpts from that (edited like crazy, though, I hate rereading my old work, even from a few days ago, because I always want to change everything!)
other:
I AM SUPER EXCITED TO JOIN THIS COMPETITION!! I love to write, but have been lacking feedback from sources outside of my family.
Kaci Eclipse Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Galra Keith Kogane wrote:
Joining Form
Pronouns: she/her
Favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc: oof, this is a hard question, but I would probably have to go with fantasy/dark. SUPER. DESCRIPTIVE. SUPER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
experience as a writer: I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and I am working on a full-length book right now, so I may or may not use some excerpts from that (edited like crazy, though, I hate rereading my old work, even from a few days ago, because I always want to change everything!)
other:
I AM SUPER EXCITED TO JOIN THIS COMPETITION!! I love to write, but have been lacking feedback from sources outside of my family.

accepted !!!!!!
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaci Eclipse Kitty » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Fantasy Comp 1.
Word Count: 546
Entry:
The afternoon sunlight filtered through the gaps between the trunks of the tall oaks. It perforated the sullen gloom that shrouded the forest in a never ending night. Slowly, ferns began to unroll, reaching out towards the gleaming ball in the sky, this gift from above that they so rarely got to experience, for the foliage on the trees was thick, and the warm rays could not penetrate them. Only for a few hours in the morning and in the afternoon could these warmth-starved plants find relief from the cold embrace of the still air. A gust of wind, like a breathy whisper, flew through the undergrowth, rustling leaves and shaking branches. But there was no scurry of tiny paws, no bustle of cloven hooves. The silence in the forest was almost deafening. The animals that had once dwelt in these woods had long since abandoned it. They fled from the darkness, the shadows that reached out from the roots and the branches of the trees, the shadows that came seeping out from the ground and slinking out of caves. These shadows could not be dissipated by light, could not be dispelled by a little sun. A dark and powerful enchantment lay upon the forest, and the land had both come alive and died because of it. None dared venture near this place, for, although not a soul could even begin to guess what was wrong, exactly, any creature that stepped beyond the tree line never returned. Perhaps they lost their way and were doomed to wander forever, looking for the way out, calling for their loved ones. Some believed they were eaten by monsters or creatures that took up residence in the abundant caverns, while others say that they just vanished into thin air. Whatever the case, the missing could not be ignored. Young children were taught never to go near Nightshade Forest, or it would take you away. Animals were kept tethered at all times, lest they stray into danger. Come nightfall, windows were closed and doors were locked. Despite this, the disappearances continued. It would be a little girl who suddenly wasn’t there anymore, or an empty cow pen. People whispered that they saw a dark figure walking outside their homes at midnight. They said that on cloudy nights, they could hear someone whistling. Each night, doors that were locked would unlock, and gates that were shut would open. Then, one day, the forest began to move.
It wasn’t noticeable from outside, but those that were standing inside Nightshade could’ve told you that the wind, a constant presence in this otherwise motionless landscape, died down. The cool whooshing that was the closest you’d come to a friend in Nightshade was there one second, and then suddenly it was gone. It became eerily quiet. The ferns, when the afternoon sunning hour rolled around, didn’t unfurl. Not a leaf budged. Not a stem stirred. The silence was overwhelming, and a heavy, stifling weight seemed to coat the forest. People began to look towards the woods as they noticed that the constant rustling which emanated from it had stopped. The shadows stretching from the tree trunks were too long and too dark. They seemed almost solid. And then suddenly they were. The shadows stood up.
Other: Whelp, that got out of hand. It is 10:31 where i am and i am now scared to go to sleep. It was originally going to be a cute forest filled with cute animals and cute plants and asdfghjkl curse my hyperactive imagination! NOW I CAN'T SLEEP!AAARRRGGGHHHH!!
Kaci Eclipse Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby actmissing999 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:30 pm

WOOF this is exciting!!
ashton ; he/she
i no longer use chicken smoothie but i'd love to talk!
you can find my current info here

actmissing999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WeirdWhiteStarDoggo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm

^ wesewve
⭒~✩💕𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~ 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓮𝓫𝓽💕✩~⭒
💖 ⭒~✩💕𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻💕✩~⭒ .💖

💜 Crasher 💜

I do commissions! I will draw for pets/C$!
PM me if you're interested!

Click the sparkling hearts to see my auctions!
WeirdWhiteStarDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 pm

bump ^^
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 pm

hmm this looks rather interesting
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:13 am

Reserve form!

Fantasy Comp 1.
Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Word Count: 263
Entry:
The sky is open.
The void tears holes in the night.
I race through the trees towards the dawn, knowing in my heart that my simple mortal feet could never be fleet enough to carry me safely away from the twilight to the sunrise.
Oblivion spits black sparks at my heels, burning me with freezing fire.
Oh it wants me, it wants the light inside. I can't outrun it, not for much longer.
The trees reach out with fingers that tear at my clothes and snag my hair, ripping fabric from my body and hair in my head.
The sting brings tears to my eyes, but I dare not even pause to contemplate the damage done to me, for the sizzling void spins behind me, hungry, hungry.
The dawn reaches through the trees, feathers of light poking through the branches, calling to me.
I can almost stretch my hands out to let the sky carry me away from the horror of the forest, but just as I think I might be free from the trees the land ends, the earth breaks off into a sheer cliff and below me, more trees.
The sun streams down into my eyes and infinity swallows the world around me.
I have no choice.
I leap.
And.
I.
Fall.

The trees race upwards and I feel sick.
I will die.
But the light within will not be devoured. My soul will fly and be free while my body breaks in agony.
I close my eyes as the first leaves whip past me so I cannot see the ground.

Other:
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 am

up