Win a Corgi Store and more- writing challenge

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Shall I host another competition?

Yes!
83%
No way
17%

Total votes : 12

Aktori's entry - WIP

Postby Syn_cat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:14 am

not entering anymore
Last edited by Syn_cat on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥︎Lost♥︎ By: Bluestar♥︎

Postby mileven♥︎ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:55 pm

𝓛ooking in the mirror, I barely recognize the person staring back. This stranger is covered in blood, and sweat. Her hair is a mess, and her body is thin. I barely know who this person is. I barely know myself anymore. This is who, what I after 8 years as a castaway. I have not seen my family, friends, for 8 years. I was damaged in those 8 years. I did not come back the same.

WIP!
Not close to being done!
Justing getting it started!
Thanks!
╒══════════╕
✸✸✸✸✸
credit
╘══════════╛
mileven♥︎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Short story challenge

Postby 6ad-luck » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 am

maaaark submission coming soon!

Prompt #2, 6ad-luck

Looking in the mirror, I barely recognized the person staring back. The surface was unforgiving as it told me everything; the image surprisingly too grotesque for me to stomach, but like witnessing a car crash, also too horrific to look away.
I hesitantly raised a hand and touched my skin. Rough. Patchy. Speckled with blemishes and as I looked, I noticed it took an undertone of grey. My lips are now chapped; it looks like I haven’t seen a glass of water in years. Weights hung under my dull brown eyes, my eye sockets ever prominent. It was haunting how I could look into my reflection and see the bone structure lying underneath this dying, stretched skin.
My hair, my nails, my body… All the same. I have lost most of my life, something I once held so dearly to me. Long, witchy fingers trailed over my body, I realized just how detached and unfamiliar I had become to myself. It almost felt like I went to bed a year ago and just woke up. It must have been that long since I’ve seriously looked into a mirror, anyway.
I used to be healthy, once. I was a jogger; I did track in high school and even after I ran a couple times a week. I loved fruits and vegetables, and even hitting up the gym to lift weights with my husband. There was a lot I’d do to myself to make sure I wouldn’t die early, and look good as Hell while I was living. Hair masks, meditation, one-thousand-and-one different types of face masks, you name it, I did it. It was my hobby. It was my passion.
But that was quite a few years ago; I just celebrated my 37th birthday last month.
And it would be my “last” one.
I took a deep breath and regained my composure. Confidence is needed in a time like this, because without it everything would fall apart.
I turned around and grabbed a scarf off of a shelf and tied it with ease around my nearly bald head. With a sigh, I walked out of the bathroom without bothering to look at myself a last time. Striding into the bedroom, I beelined for the closet. I never could bring myself to tell my spouse about the little safe I had constructed, and just getting on my knees and lifting up the carpet to move the wood panels was enough to make me feel a tinge of guilt.

No, you’ve made it this far; don’t screw it up now.
Snatching a small bag off a hook, I continued on to peek inside the gaping mouth of the rather compact hole. It was nearly regurgitating hundreds of dollars worth of diet supplements and money. Just the smell of the paper melted away the cold feet. Animalistically, I just started grabbing at the cash. Fistfuls and fistfuls of hundreds, aggressively shoved into this little knapsack. I only stopped when there was no money left for me to get my hands on and the space beneath the floor was only occupied by empty bottles.
Securing the bag to my body and standing up, I gazed back at the bed my husband and I have shared for so long. There was a letter I had written, rested up against his pillow, adorned with his name in cursive on the front. It was the last trace of me, and I knew he would keep it in his bedside drawer and read it over and over again, weeping late at night. Nobody would call this weakness; he’d think that I’m dead. Nobody can blame a man for mourning, especially since it was the “cancer” that ripped him from me.
I couldn’t help but to smirk.

Maybe I’ll celebrate my 38th in Cancún.
traditional artist. neutral good. bright eyes fanatic.

ImageImage
6ad-luck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤ ❝ it's not that easy to kill an angel ❞

Postby rogan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:14 am

username; meow
              word count; 2,627 (kind of a long post)
              in case you can't read the text above the entry: prompt two

changed to third person

𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔱 𝔱𝔴𝔬
                jefflooking in the mirror, she barely recognized the person staring back. the broken shards of glass creating an uneven pictures of her face. many dark green eyes stared back at her, dirty, and tangled blonde hair framing her face. and she wondered if it was even worth it at this point. wondered if being stuck with caine would be worth it.

jeff"kody, come on."

jeffthe blonde lifted her chin up higher, trying to make herself seem prideful, hoping that it would actually fool the coates leader. the one male who seemed to be uninfluenced by the whole fooling ordeal.

jeff"kody, now!" the voice was louder, angrier, darker.

jeffshe jumped at the sudden outburst, nearly knocking the mirror over in the process. but it slid down, hitting her feet before it hit the ground. lifting her hand, she gently propped the broken furniture on the wall, slowly moving her hand when she knew that it was safely placed on the wall, and it wouldn't fall over as soon as she turned around.

jeffkody turned around, and as soon as her feet hit the cracked tile floor, the mirror slowly began to slide down to the floor, and then hit it with a quiet thump. her shoulders hunched and she closed her eyes. that wasn't good, no good at all.

jeffthe thirteen year old began to walk out of the small room that she had wondered into, and once she walked through the door frame, she had come face to chest with the one person more intimidating than anyone else. caine.

jeff"i, was coming." she told him, refusing to make eye contact with the long haired brunette.

jeffcaine nodded his disapproval, his arms finding a place over his chest and an angry expression lingering on his face. "next time you come when you are called, understand?"

jeffnodding her head, kody brushed a strand of tangled blonde hair back behind her ear, going to step forward, but stopped when an arm was stretched out in front of her, keeping her from moving forward any further.

jeff"do you understand me?"

jeffthe blonde finally looked into the brunette's eyes, nodding her head. "yes, sir."

jefffinally, the arm lowered down, and she was left with a clear passage out of the now, partially ruined coates school.

jeffevery muscle in her tiny little body was shaking nervously. every chance she had to leave, she had ruined by not taking it, to go off and leave caine, and the rest of the coates kids. she knew what caine would do to any coates that had form of power, and she didn't want that, she want to have her hands cemented into blocks.

jeffthree bars, odynokinesis. if caine, or diana, found out about this, she would most certainly end up cemented. she barely trusted jack, caine's computer genius, with this information- but the truth had slipped while she had spoke to him. and now she just hoped she could trust him with that information.

jeffkody exited the school, shuttering at the sight of the destruction. everything was so dirty, and just left to collect dust. cars were crashed into telephone poles or light posts, or even buildings. and many of the buildings were burnt due to past fires caused by nervous elementary students or ovens, stoves, or fireplaces being left on when everyone over fifteen had vanished.

jeffall of the adults had vanished, they had all just poofed. all of them. everyone but those that were fourteen or younger. leaving those who didn't know how to handle situations like this, alone. but who knew how to take this? being held under a dome wasn't particularly easy to do, especially when war was bound to break out. again.

jeff"psst." a low voice called out from behind one of the vehicles that panda had crashed into the school, "kody, over here."

jeffthen she saw the source of the voice, her older friend- from the other school that she totally didn't forget the name of. she knew that her friend didn't have any powers, or that she was a one bar rather than a three or a four, and that really just left her as a normal human being, and not having to be referred to as a freak.

jeff"kody!" the whisper got louder, and a pair of eyes peered through a pair of busted windows. "now, or you wont get out of here!"

jefflooking around nervously, kody turned her body and headed towards the car, soon circling around it and standing hunched over next to her shorter friend.

jeff"what is it?" kody asked in a whisper, shaking her head gently, "i don't think i need any-"

jeffher friend covered kody's mouth with her hand, and slowly began to walk away from the school. "you need serious help." she told her, soon coming towards the road. "seriously."

jeffthe blonde lifted her hand and threw her friend's hand off, releasing a soft snort and shaking her head. "i didn't need any-"

jeff"you'd be better on sam's side, you know. without the bar reading diana and the ass caine." she interrupted.

jeffkody blinked, "caitlyn, i was doing fine, i don't think it's necessary that you come and save me." shaking her head, the blonde haired girl turned herself around, but was stopped, a lot quicker than she had thought.

jeffcaitlyn had just appeared in front of her. just . . . poofed. that was new, really new. at least now, she knew her friend could teleport. that could be seriously useful. especially in a time like this.

jeff"fine . . . but we wont get very far, caine has got some pretty high security on this place so-"

jeffthen she was cut off once more, and just led away from the school. it appeared that caitlyn didn't have much of a care what could happen. kody didn't think that her friend knew what caine was capable of. the male was ruthless, and really didn't care for anyone but himself and his precious diana. he didn't even care for his own brother, the leader of the "freaks" as caine puts it.

jeffwithout saying another word, kody followed after the shorter red head, releasing a loud huff while she took a single step, soon followed by many many more. her heart was pounding nervously, worried that caine would fine out that she was leaving coates property, worried that she'd get hurt for even trying in the first place.

jeff"caitlyn, i don't think this is a good idea." whispered the blonde, swallowing the nervous lump in her throat.

jeffthe redhead shook her head, "no, you're gonna be fine, i mean, caine can't hurt you when you're on sam's side. i know what you're capable of, so does sam. before you went back, we saw what you could do. you put that poor snake dragon thingamajigger into so much pain." caitlyn came to a stop, "you can put all sorts of things through all sorts of pain. we know you can."

jeffand with those words, kody froze. she didn't have anything to say. she knew that she could put things through pain, sometimes she had put things through so much pain that they died due to it.

jeff"i, uh . . . " kody choked back any words that were even thinking of falling from her mouth, and she sealed her lips once more.

jeffwith a role of her eyes, caitlyn began to lead the way once again, leaving kody to simply follow behind.

jeffkody was still so confused. how had sam temple, the actual good guy, and her best friend, find her, when she was alone, and while she was, one of those flying snake things had come at her- and she had just did the first thing she could think of doing, and that was put it through pain so she had enough time to get away.

jeffit took every single muscle in her body to keep herself from turning around, to keep herself from running back to coates to keep herself from having some sort of attack, or getting herself hurt by caine. not that she was really that scared of the taller, more scarier, brunette, it was just the things he was capable of that scared her, more than anything to be honest with you.

jeff"and here we are." caitlyn came to a stop next to a large vehicle. "get in the car."

jeffkody looked at the rusted vehicle, shaking her head. "there is no way i can go inside that thing," she blinked as she turned back to her red headed friend. "that thing will get wrecked, and i'm going to die."

jeffa loud huff came from the eleven year old, "get in the car, one of the best fourteen year old drivers in perdido beach are driving, you'll live."

jeffpointing her finger, the blonde shook her head, "if i die, i'm going to come back as a ghost, and you're going to have some very bad pain going on." she said sternly, turning and looking at the car. "get your butt in there with me."

jeff"you're thirteen, go by yourself you big baby."

jeffwithout another word, kody walked around to the other side of the truck, and pulled open the door, climbing inside and looking at the male that was sitting behind the wheel. at least she knew she was in somewhat good hands with erik driving. she didn't know him too well, but she had seen him drive before. she could say she was in good hands. good enough.

jeff"where to?" erik asked, turning the key and allowing the engine to roar to life.

jeffkody cleared her throat and shrugged her shoulders. "anywhere away from coates." she said calmly as she removed the coates jacket she had been wearing, "somewhere away from talking coyotes, and flying snakes and clawed birds."

jefferik chuckled softly, "kody, a place like that doesn't exist, not outside of the walls. and we can't get outside of the walls. we're stuck here. until some miracle happens." the taller male smiled down at her, "besides, talking coyote's aren't that bad."

jeff"not that bad? erik, if that is your definition of 'not that bad' then you're crazy." kody smiled softly, shaking her head. "now, lets just get going before caine decides to show up and threaten my life."

jeffnodding his head, the hispanic male turned the steering wheel and pressed the gas, the truck jerking forward as the wheels began to spin slightly, and soon they were on the road to god knows where.

jeffno matter how much she tried, she always found herself wishing she had just stayed at coates, where she was going to end up staying. but the thought of diana reading her, and caine finding out she was lying about not having any powers, or have a very very small amount of bars, just made the girl shiver, and it wasn't a simple "cold" shiver, it was the shiver she knew she was going to get each time she got the thought of what would happen between she, caine, and diana once they found out that she was lying.

jeff"deja de preocuparte, stop worrying. you'll be fine."

jeffoh, that's right, erik was telepathic. she had completely spaced on that one.

jeffkody shook her head softly, "me? worrying? no, no . . . i'm not . . . okay, fine, i am worrying, but who wouldn't be? who isn't worried at this point? we're not even old enough to drive, erik, perdido beach is turning into a literal war zone, and the only human being i know that can heal us, is lana. and she will eventually go poof, like everyone else."

jeffthe spanish male placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking his head, "we'll be fine, war zone or not, we're going to get through here alive, and we're not going to die. it's going to be hard to achieve, i know, but we'll get through it." he nodded his head softly, "tener fe."

jeffwith a confused look, kody shook her head softly. "whatever it is you just said in whatever language you speak, probably wont happen."

jefferik offered her a warm smile, "it's spanish, genius, and it means have faith." he shoved her teasingly, "i thought you were supposed to be smart."

jeff"hey, i'm smart enough. and coates isn't a place for smart people. it's a place for troubled kids. and i'm not troubled. i swear to god i am not." she smiled softly in return, shoving him gently.

jeff"oh, cariño, you're troubled. in a good kind of way. you make the stupidest of mistakes, a lot." the hispanic male looked back at the road, "but you're smart, too, i suppose."

jeff"shut up this isn't supposed to end happily, we're supposed to die in the saddest way possible, stop making this situation happy." she ordered with a soft smile on her face, "shut up and drive."

jefferik shook his head, "whatever kody, i would just much rather die in a happy moment than one where i'm crying." he flashed her a smile, which soon shrunk slightly, but still remained on his lips. "this is the happiest moment i believe you've had. i mean, the whole battle wasn't really happy, and you didn't come with sam and the rest of us when you had the chance."

jeffkody's eyes narrowed, and she looked at the male. "that is never to be brought up again."

jeffthe male took his hands off of the steering wheel, causing kody's heart to beat heavily in her chest. "hey, i was just saying."

jeff"put your hand back on the wheel!" kody begged, looking over at him. "please."

jeffthe black haired boy soon placed his hands back on the wheel, and he chuckled softly. "alright, there, hands back on the wheel. you would have been fine without my hands there, the road is straight."

jeff"yeah, but there is stuff all over the road."

jeff"you would have been fine, if i would have had to my hand could have just snapped onto the wheel, you would have been fine." erik told her softly, looking over at her, "you really would have been fine, besides, i wouldn't have hurt you, or let anything happen to you."

jeffkody pressed her lips together, "that's sweet of you, but seriously, you don't have to pretend you care."

jeffshaking his head, the hispanic boy's gaze remained on the road. "pretend? no, i actually care, but not as much as you may think.

jeff"mhm." the blonde looked at the road, relaxing against the seat. "sure, you care."

jeff"you're hair might be a mess, and literally looked like a bird's nest, and you look so much skinnier than you should be, i mean you do kind of look malnourished, but come one, you're important, to a lot of people." erik turned his head and looked at her, "and you do have a little bit of a temper, and i know a part of what you're capable of, but hey, i still care."

jeff"you can't care, it's illegal to care about me. nope. not okay." kody shook her head.

jefferik smiled at her, rolling his eyes sarcastically, "well, deal with it, because i do care- end of story."

jeffkody knew she wasn't going to win this argument, she knew that she wouldn't. erik had a way with winning this kinds of things. and she wasn't going to be able to beat him. there was no possible way.

jeffand it was simple, she was going to let him win, because no matter how hard she tried, it wasn't going to end with a winning point for herself, it would go to erik. but, oh well, if he won, he won- kody was fine with it.

jeffshe always would be.
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Short story challenge

Postby Amio » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Mark
𝐇𝐢 𝐈'𝐦 𝐀𝐦𝐢𝐨 !

I've been a member on Chicken Smoothie for the past 7 years but I originally started 10 years ago on a COPPA account! I'm an art student, addicted pet collector, and animator living in the states!

Amio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Win a Corgi Store and more- writing challenge

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:59 am

Bump
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:33 am

Bump
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saddlebredpride » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 am

hi! I would really, really love to enter this challenge! I was wondering, though. if I don't win, can I repost my story elsewhere? i'm currently building a collection of short stories and I was really inspired by one of the pictures! I just wanted to make sure I could reuse it if I wasn't a winner c:
saddlebredpride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:38 am

Of course you can reuse it. If you wrote it, you own it, so there's no problem with that.
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akatsuki_kisame » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:39 am

I would love to enter this challenge.
Akatsuki_kisame