── OBSIDIANCLAN ● ARCHIVE ──

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 000 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:28 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ the beginning ]

────────────────────────────────────────

the pale ginger, brown and white cat scented the air, pleased to see that there wasn't any cat scent nearby. it picked its way up the side of the mountain, scrambling a few times when loose rocks started to sleep out from beneath its paws. by the time the cat reached a cave in the side of the mountain, its paws were aching and rubbed raw from the climb.

i'll have to get use to this... The cat thought as it ventured further into the cave.

[ obsidianclan was formed ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 001 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ first post ]

after a short rest after her climb, chestnutstar made her way to the moonpool. the she-cat was eager to form a strong clan that no other clan would want to mess with. right now, it was only her who belonged to the clan, and she wanted to change that. once she reached the moonpool, she dipped the tip of her nose against the water's surface and began to dream. "thank you, starclan. you have given me the perfect location to begin my clan. i would like to grow my clan, so.. here i am. i come to ask for a deputy to give me guidance."

[ moonpool: chestnutstar asking for a deputy ]

[ starclan has granted you with a deputy! ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 002 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ second post ]

"we should go on a patrol. we may have luck with finding another cat, and we need to start loading up on food." chestnutstar instructed, giving a flick of her tail as she gazed over at her new deputy, bristleclaw. the she-cat liked his attitude and did not think anyone would be able to push him around. only giving a faint nod, bristleclaw followed chestnutstar to the dense forest where they would patrol.

[ patrol: chestnutstar, bristleclaw in the dense forest ]

[ while on patrol, chestnutstar and bristleclaw caught a crow
chestnutstar and bristleclaw found a warrior ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 003 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ third post ]

while the two toms of the clan were out hunting, chestnutstar decided to patrol the borders for anything interesting. so far, she thought the clan was making good progress. there were two suitable males that she could possibly end up with. the future of this clan would be important, and she would need to have kits eventually. however, she did not want to rush things. she wanted a few more adults around before she even considered having kits. she would be down for six moons until her kits could become apprentices.

there was not much conversation shared between the two toms as they hunted. bristleclaw seemed to enjoy the silence anyway, and hawkeye did not want to ruin it. besides, they needed to stay silent to avoid scaring off any prey.

[ patrol: chestnutstar // hunting: bristleclaw, hawkeye ]

[ while on patrol, chestnutstar found a warrior
while hunting, bristleclaw and hawkeye caught a duck ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 004 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:44 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ fourth post ]

"why don't you talk much? was your tongue stolen as a kit?" chestnutstar questioned, her eyes on her deputy. the corner of bristleclaw's maw twitched slightly in amusement. "no, but if i don't have anything to say then i don't speak. maybe discuss better topics with me then you'll hear me run my mouth, but you may not get me to stop." he mused in a teasing manner, gazing at the she-cat out of the corner of his eye. "fine, i'll come up with a better and interesting topic the next time we patrol together." she responded, giving a shake of her head at the tom. at least she was able to get him to talk some this time. the deputy did talk to her, but it was mostly business.

"you're better company than bristleclaw, you know. there's always such an awkward silence.. at least, i find it to be awkward." hawkeye spoke, casting a glance over at the she-cat while they hunted together. "is that so? well, thank you, i suppose. you're not bad company at all." crowfall responded, her ears swiveling as she listened for anything in the area.

[ patrol: chestnutstar, bristleclaw // hunting: crowfall, hawkeye ]

[ while on patrol, chestnutstar and bristleclaw found an apprentice
while hunting, crowfall and hawkeye caught a trout ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 005 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ fifth post ]

chestnutstar wandered along the eastern border to see what she could find. while none of the clan members had gotten hurt yet, she would still like to find a medicine cat to be on the safe side. if she could not find one, she would have to ask starclan the next time she visited the moonpool. hopefully, during that time, no one would become injured or ill.

once again, hawkeye was stuck with the quiet deputy while his normal hunting partner was training their new apprentice.

crowfall brought blossompaw to the forest where she would teach the young she-cat how to climb the trees.

[ patrol: chestnutstar // hunting: bristleclaw, hawkeye
training: crowfall teaches blossompaw to climb. ]

"Hello"
    Chestnustar looked up in shock when she heard the voice. A pale ginger cat was standing several tail-lengths away from Chestnutstar, a clump of herbs in its jaws.

[ while on patrol, chestnutstar found a medicine cat
while hunting, bristleclaw and hawkeye caught a black squirrel and a water shrew
while training, blossompaw learned the climbing skill ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 006 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ sixth post ]

chestnutstar was thinking about asking bristleclaw to be her mate, but she wanted the timing to be right. the clan now had a medicine cat to help the clan whenever a she-cat had a litter. she was one step closer to asking bristleclaw.

"alright, blossompaw. stay low to the ground and don't make too much noise whenever you're approaching your prey. you don't want them to hear you when you're trying to capture them." crowfall instructed in a whisper, lowering her slim body to the ground. the young she-cat followed in suit and examined her mentor as she taught her how to hunt.

[ patrol: chestnutstar // hunting: bristleclaw, hawkeye // herb hunting: palenose
training: crowfall teaches blossompaw to hunt
the clan consumes 2 servings of fish ]

[ while on patrol, chestnutstar found an apprentice
while hunting, bristleclaw and hawkeye caught a rabbit
while herb hunting, palenose found alder bark and chamomile
while training, blossompaw learned the hunting skill ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 007 ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:50 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ seventh post ]

making her way to the moonpool, chestnutstar thought about what she should request from the ancestors. another warrior would not be bad at all. with all these new apprentices they keep finding, the clan would need some more warriors for when she asked bristleclaw to be her mate. dipping her nose in the water, she thanked the ancestors and gave them a report about the clan before asking for a warrior.

later that day, she returned to the camp and noticed bristleclaw and hawkeye returning from their hunt. she padded over to bristleclaw and asked him to join her on a walk. the tom seemed curious and confused at first, but he followed along. "you must know why i'm asking you to join me." she spoke, swaying her tail slightly as she gazed over at bristleclaw. "actually, i have no idea. so tell me, chestnutstar." he responded, giving the she-cat a curious look. shaking her head at his obliviousness, she released a sigh. "i want you to be my mate. i believe that we will have strong and healthy kits." she spoke rather quickly before pausing to wait for bristleclaw's response. the chuckle from the tom surprised her. "of course i'll be your mate. no one else is worthy of you." he mused, bumping his head against her shoulder as they walked together.

[ moonpool: chestnutstar asking for warrior // hunting: bristleclaw, hawkeye // herb hunting: palenose
training: crowfall teaches blossompaw to swim // mates: chestnutstar and bristleclaw
the clan consumes 2 servings of black squirrel, and one serving of water shrew ]

[ starclan has sent you a warrior
while hunting, bristleclaw and hawkeye caught a fish, black squirrel, and a water shrew
while training, blossompaw learned the swimming skill
chestnutstar is expecting kits! they are due in two moons ]
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── FIRST GATHERING ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 pm

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ cats attended: chestnutstar, bristleclaw, palenose, hawkeye, crowfall, blossompaw, frecklepaw ]

chestnutstar talked to stonestar of brookclan, squirrelstar of echoclan, and oakstar of asterclan
    she suggested alliances with brookclan (accepted), asterclan (accepted), and petalclan (accepted)
    she accepted an alliance with echoclan and swiftclan

palenose gazed at maplestar of petalclan and wanted to know more about her

blossompaw talked with bleakpaw of thumbleclan and nutpaw of reedclan
    she watched nutpaw of reedclan and witheredpaw of echoclan fight, and did not try to stop it
    she took an interest in bleakpaw and hopes to speak to him more

frecklepaw talked with oakpaw, sandpaw of smokeclan and sweetpaw of swiftclan
    he took an interest in sweetpaw and hopes obsidianclan allies with swiftclan so he could meet her again

bristlepaw, hawkeye, and crowfall did not interact with anyone
Last edited by direwolf. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 008 ──

Postby direwolf. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:40 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ eighth post ]

since chestnutstar was quite pregnant, bristleclaw insisted that he patrolled the area rather than she did on her own. unwilling, the she-cat had accepted her mate's request and joined their newest member, cloudwatcher, on a hunt instead. as he walked, he wondered what his kits would look like. he knew that they would be a group of strong kittens though. blossompaw and frecklepaw were proving to be strong apprentices, and blossompaw would become a warrior in two moons.

with the new kits on the way, palenose searched the territory for more herbs. he did not want anything horrible to happen to their leader during kitting, and it was his responsibility to keep her safe while she delivered the future of obsidianclan.

[ patrol: bristleclaw // hunting: cloudwatcher, chestnutstar // herb hunting: palenose
training: crowfall and hawkeye teach blossompaw and frecklepaw to fight
the clan consumes 3 servings of duck ]

"Hello?"
    Bristleclaw stiffened and whirled around quickly at the sound of the voice. A long-haired white loner peered around a tree at the Obsidianclan deputy. "H-Have you seen my sister?" The loner squeaked. Bristleclaw tilted his head to the side in confusion.
    "What's her name?"
    "C-Cloud..."

"Maybe we should head back to camp." Cloudwatcher mewed worriedly to Chestnutstar. Chestnutstar crouched over her catch, panting slightly before tossing an annoyed look at the white she-cat.
    "No, I'm fine." Chestnutstar retorted.
    "But Chestnutstar..." Cloudwatcher's ears flattened her ears against her head, a worried look on her face. Chestnutstar sighed loudly, muttering a fine before picking up her catch.

Palenose sighed, eyeing a catch of catmint that was nearly full grown. The pale tom shook his head furiously, reminding himself that he was searching for herbs that would help Chestnutstar with her kitting. The medicine cat was searching until the sun had fully risen in the sky before he finally found the herbs he was looking for.

Blossompaw snorted in amusement, pushing Frecklepaw off her with her hind legs. "Let's try that again." The pretty gray tabby she-cat mewed to the pale ginger and dark brown speckled tom. Frecklepaw smiled at his fellow apprentices and moved back into his attack crouch.
    Frecklepaw narrowed his eyes, watching Blossompaw carefully before launching forward.

[ while on patrol, bristleclaw found cloudwatcher's sister(warrior)
while hunting, chestnutstar and cloudwatcher caught a duck and water shrew
while herb hunting, palenose found fennel and raspberry leaves
while training, blossompaw and frecklepaw learned the battle skill ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me