[ ~ ★ ~ ] TERALYN - open for posting ^^

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: [ ~ ★ ~ ] TERALYN - open for posting ^^

Postby I'm Not The Only One » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:56 am

Omg, this is the sweetest little story! I love everything about it, and your writing style is beautiful c:

Hi guys, I'm Not The Only One here. Please feel free to call me
Only One or One. I used to be .thewriter. so please don't steal
that name as I might go back to it. So if you can't tell, my
favourite so is I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith <3 I live in
New Zealand and like trades, role-playing, reading and writing
on here! Feel free to send me a PM-- I don't bite! My other
interests include sports, dance, drama, music and piano. If you're
looking for a 1x1 partner I am always open, but please note I
am a Semi-Lit + role-player.
I'm Not The Only One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elizabethhher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:18 am

dearina wrote:
    Lovely! I like how you write it by her telling it when she was young, kinda like story-telling. Also, I really love the name "Teralyn", and I actually first say this story on wattpad, but I didn't have enough time to read it. Keep up the good work!

thank you so much ^^
      when i first thought about this story, i was going to make it third-person pov, but then i decided that i could make it a bit more personal if i made it first-person. then, i wanted it to be like she was writing an autobiography, or like she was, as you said, story-telling. c:

Jeydin wrote:Please post more. This story is very sweet and well written. My sister and I love it.

thank you c:
      i'm glad that you and your sister like my story ^^

I'm Not The Only One wrote:
      Omg, this is the sweetest little story! I love everything about it, and your writing style is beautiful c:

haha, thanks a lot ^-^
      i'm glad you like it c:

azarath wrote:
      This is literally one of the best stories I've seen on here yet
      and not to mention that cover art.
      nnnng. you should share your wattpad or figment cx

aww haha thanks cx
      that means a whole lot to me ^^
      i don't use figment anymore, but here's my wattpad ^-^
      and i didn't do my cover cx i forgot who did it but i'll find out for you, if you want c:

also, for all of you guys to know, i just got back home, so i'll be able to type up the next chapter and it should be up sometime late tomorrow c:
      i already wrote it down on paper, but i still have to find a song to go with it and i have to proofread/edit it and then my editor has to do her stuff cx
elizabethhher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vi

Postby elizabethhher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 am

For the next five days, all we did was drive. We slept in the car -which brought back my thoughts of being homeless, and I kept annoying Alex by asking if we were- and sometimes we stopped in a state to go to some tourist area and look around.

Alex was also very stingy when it came to eating. He didn't want us eating out at all, so we didn't go to any fast food places. We also didn't go to any restaurants because we couldn't leave Batman in the car, so guess what we did? Every time we stopped somewhere, whether it be Love's, some other truck stop, or Walmart, Alex did one of the most annoying things that a parent could do on a road-trip: he bought groceries.

Whenever we stopped driving for a while and took a lunch break, we'd take Batman out to a field somewhere to do her -oh yeah, we found out that Batman is a girl- business, and then Alex would make sandwiches for us to eat. I'd sit in the trunk of the car and complain under my breath, all while eating my sandwich and bag of chips.

Thankfully, I was saved from eating sandwiches and chips on the last day of our road-trip. At about five in the morning while we were still on the highway, Alex said that we were getting closer to his mother's house, and that caused me to stop playing with Batman and to look out the window, pressing my face into it.

“Daddy, all there are is trees,” I said, then, before he could even reply, I shrieked, “Ohmygoodness they live in a tree-house, huh!?” This startled Batman and caused Alex to burst out a laugh, shaking his head.

“I think I need to clarify some things,” Alex said, still laughing, “No, my family doesn't live in a tree-house, and before you ask, none of us are homeless. Calm down, dear child.”

I frowned, still not understanding why the place his family lived in had lots of trees if they didn't live in a tree-house. For once, I didn't say anything, just slumped back in my seat for a few seconds, in thought, before I completely forgot what I was thinking about and started playing with Batman.

A few more hours passed -actually, it was thirty minutes, but it felt like hours- before Alex pulled into a driveway.

“We're here, Ter!” Alex exclaimed, causing me to shriek again and quickly taking off my seat belt.

“We're here, we're here!” I kept chanting over and over again as Alex parked the car, got out, and opened up my door. I already had Batman on a leash, so I grabbed it and hopped out, dragging Batman my way as she tried to sniff the ground. I ran up to what I guessed was the front door, knocking on the door a few times and ringing the doorbell over and over again.

The door was opened by a blonde lady wearing black leggings and some sort of jersey. She looked down at me and returned my huge smile.

“They're here–- !”

“We're here!”

elizabethhher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I'm Not The Only One » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:20 am

Ooh, I have a feeling I'm going to love Alex's family! Awesome job again c:

I'm Not The Only One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noal » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Wonderful! Please do post more.
noal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmitySoul » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:14 pm

{{ Another wonderful chapter to a lovely story. When I read this story to my other sister last night, she got so upset that there wasn't more. I broke our rule and read the new chapter before she got home. Definitely don't regret it.
THE AMITY AFFLICTION
LET THE TAKE OCEAN ME
AmitySoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vii

Postby elizabethhher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:40 pm

“They're here!?” I heard two voices yell from inside the house.

“Yes, I'm here! Cutie-pie Teralyn is here!” I yell back to the voices. There's shuffling of feet and the lady is pushed back, revealing an older woman and a man, around the same age as the lady from before.

“There's two tiny things!” The man yells, jumping back behind the women.

“No duh, Sebastian. It's a little girl and a puppy. Honestly, Zohie, of all the men in the world,” the older woman says while pushing the guy-Sebastian- away from her and shaking her head, chuckling. “Anyways darling,” she spoke, looking at me, “please, come inside.” They all moved out of the way and let me walk inside, watching my every step.

“What?” I said, turning around and frowning at them.

“Yup, she's got his attitude already. We're too late,” Zohie said, dramatically sighing.

“Oh shush,” Alex said, walking through the door with my suitcases. “Make yourself useful and take your bags to one of the rooms.” He handed the bags to Zohie, and she shoved him playfully as he walked away. She took my suitcases and walked down one of the hallways in the gigantic house and placing my suitcases in a room.

“Teralyn, was it?” The other woman said to me, and I nodded. “Okay, well we can't have the dog inside because I'm guessing it's not house trained, so can we put him in the big shed for now? It's nice and warm in there, and there's lots of dog toys out there. There's also another dog for him to play with. Is that alright?” She carefully walked over to me, and I handed her Batman's leash.

“Okay, but my puppy is a girl and her name is Batman.”

She laughed, taking the leash and leading me and Batman through the house. She stopped in the living room, telling me to sit down on the leather couch

“Just sit there, I'll be back in a bit, okay?” I nodded in reply, shifting on the couch. After waiting a few minutes, I stood up and started looking at everything in the room, touching and moving objects.

“Whatcha doing!?” A voice yelled out from behind me, making me jump and drop the magazine I was holding.

“Sebastian Dicaro, don't do that!” The woman who took Batman said, coming into the room and marching over to the man, pointing her finger at him. “It's only six in the morning and you're already scaring the bejesus out of her! Do it again and I'll put you in the shed! Do you understand me, young man?”

I had turned and looked over at the two. Alex and Zohie had entered the room at this point, shaking their heads.
      “I'm starting to regret this already,” Alex said, coming over to me and picking me up.

“Oh, don't be such a sour puss, Ally.” Zohie said, rolling her eyes at him.

The woman -whose name I still did not know- brushed non-existent dust off of her hands. “Well, now that that's done with, I know you guys want breakfast, especially you two,” she pointed at Sebastian and Zohie, “so go on, to the dining room.”

The dining room wasn't what you would picture a dining room to be. It was actually a second living room, complete with a living room set. There was a fireplace in the room -which was lit at the time-, a long 'L' shaped couch, a coffee table in the middle of the room, and a TV that was somehow mounted into the brick wall.

We all sat down on the couches while the older woman went into the kitchen to get breakfast. She came back to the room four times -everyone offered to help her bring the food back, but she told them no each time- with platters of food and set them all up on a longer table she put up under the television. She brought back a large mug of some strange brown liquid and a jar of orange-juice, placing them on the table also. She placed plates, silverware, and mugs on the table also, before clapping her hands and looking at everyone.

“Well, you know the drill, dig in!” She then turned around, placing food some of her food one one of the plates. I walked over with Alex, looking at as much of the food that I could (the table was almost taller than me. Almost).

“What do you want to eat, Ter?” Alex asked me, though he should have known my answer.

“Everything!” I screamed out, causing the adults to laugh.

Once we had all seated with our plates of food -the adults sat on the couch while I sat at the coffee table to eat, which was a good thing, considering that I had Alex get me three plates of food- everyone started throwing questions at me and Alex.

“One question at a time, please,” Alex said to everyone, frowning.

“Why did I have to have you as a little brother?” Zohie spoke up. Alex shook his head at her, laughing.

“Why did I have to have you as an older sister?” He replied, to which Zohie sighed and smirked.

“Who are you?” I spoke up before either of them could say anything.

“It speaks!” Sebastian said, quickly getting elbowed in the side by Zohie.

“Don't mind him, he's an idiot and he's trying to scare you into thinking he's mean,” she said, looking at me.

“It would've worked if you didn't say anything,” the brown haired man pouted, before turning to me and smiling. “Anyways, I'm Sebastian, but you can call me Sebbie. I'm your Uncle.” I smiled back and walked over, shaking his hand.

“I'm Zohie, as you probably know, and Sebastian's my husband. That doofus over there who is sadly your dad is my brother, meaning that I'm your Auntie.” I shook her hand, and walked over to the other lady.

“I'm Zohie and Alex's mommy,” I cut her off before she could finish.

“I am not a baby. Do not talk like that, please,” I crossed my arms and looked at her.

Zohie and Sebastian started laughing while the woman looked over at Alex incredulously.

“Alex! Did you teach her that? You''re supposed to teach her about strangers, not to talk rude to people!”

“I mean she said please,” Alex said, shrugging and laughing along with his siblings.

“ALEX!”

“Mom, calm down, she learned that on her own some where. She said the same thing to the guy we bought the car from.”

“You bought a car? Never mind, we'll talk about that later.” She turned back to me, holding out her hand. “I'm your Gramma, if you haven't guessed that yet.” I shook her hand also, walking over to my food again and starting to eat.

“Question; does she even know anything about stranger danger, Alex? I mean she didn't even ask who we were until like, five minutes ago.” Zohie said, placing her plate on the ground, cuddling into Sebastian, and looking at Alex.

“Yes I do! He told me a lot!” I happily yelled out, before Alex was able to reply to her. They all turned to look at me.

“You do? Well what do you know about strangers?” Gramma asked me.

“Oh, y'know ma, the ba-”

“No no, let her speak Alex. We want to know what she knows about strangers.” Sebastian said to Alex, waving him off. They all looked at me again, and I began to tell them what I knew.

“We went to a store and the big-boy potty and he had me outside and a man came up and he was going to kidnap me and and I said stranger danger and Daddy opened the door and let the man take a piss and I went in the bathroom but he almost broke my back and then he told me to run in parking lots and be generous to women on corners who give you things that make you happy. That's what you do with strangers.” I smiled proudly at the end of my story, while everyone in the room turned towards Alex.

Zohie, Gramma, and Sebastian simultaneously screamed out, “Alex!”

Let's just say he had a lot of explaining to do.

Last edited by elizabethhher on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elizabethhher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I'm Not The Only One » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:51 am

Aw, little Teralyn xD Fantastic job on this chapter c:

I'm Not The Only One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

not an update

Postby elizabethhher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:11 pm

hey guys, sorry i haven't updated in a while. i actually haven't been able to write up the next chapter i as just got back to school, and i've made some major adjustments to the plot and a few of the already posted chapters are affected by this change. i'll be editing those chapters in a few, and then after that i don't know when i'll be able to update.
      i will as soon as i can, however.
      sorry guys! ;- ;
elizabethhher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me