Khimaira Friesians - Writing entries

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What's new

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:28 am

What's new

Acnologia looked at the small animal, he was confused. Sheridon, who was right by his side was fascinated at the said animal. Both were stunned silent with different expressions.
    "The last I saw them, they didn't look like this..." Acnologia murmured.
    "What is this, some sort of wolf?" Sheridon asked.
    They were observing Lumos, a Baltic Husky that was staying over at the stables for a few days. The problem is, both haven't exactly seen one before. Acnologia lived for hundreds of years, he knows of dogs but ever since he went into hiding, he's never seen one already. So seeing one know, hundreds of years later is really something. He didn't know dogs would evolve so fast and come in such a colour and form. Sheridon, on the other hand, lived his entire life in the wild, far away from human contact and civilisation. He's unaware of such an animal. The closest animal he knows that looks like Lumos is a wolf.
    "They're dogs. They're the descendants of wolves that have been domesticated." Acnologia explained.
    "Ah. That would explain why it looks like a wolf. How intriguing! It's so unique." Sheridon remarked.
    The Baltic husky went around the stables, exploring and sniffing at things.
    "Looks like he had a sharp nose too." Sheridon said, observing the Baltic husky starting to dig a hole in the ground.
    "I would presume so." Acnologia said, watching Lumos pick up a bone from the hole which he probably hid in his previous visit.
    "You know, instead of observing, you could play with him." Veneno said as he walked past.
    They looked around for a toy that they could play with.
    "Would this work?" Sheridon asked, rolling a large ball towards Acnologia.
    "Probably not. It's a ball for foals. Lumos is smaller." He said.
    Acnologia glanced around and saw a stick which he went to pick up. Sheridon noticed and decided to draw Lumos's attention. He neighed at Lumos and the dog turned around, eyeing the stick in Acnologia's mouth. He bounded towards the two. Acnologia threw the stick into the air, landing a distance from them. Lumos ran over and pick up the stick before returning towards the two and placing the stick at their feet. Sheridon tried it and got the same results. They found it extremely entertaining, watching the dog running after a stick. They started experimenting, trying with different items other than a stick. Sheridon found a rubber ball and tennis ball while Acnologia found some rubber toys and even a spoon. Lumos would fetch anything that could fit into his mouth, even an old thrown-out tee. Acnologia and Sheridon had a ball laughing at Lumos carrying the shirt.
    They continued to play with Lumos until sundown, where the dog was starting to get exhausted. In the end, Lumos fell asleep under a tree.
    "Looks like he's all out of gas." Sheridon laughed.
    "Yeah." The Kirin smirked.
    They grazed under the tree where Lumos was napping, reflecting on the day's events.

(501 words)
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Beat the heat

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 am

Beat the heat

It was an unbearable hot day at Wild's Calling Stables. With summer coming up, the temperature has been going up. This has been causing great discomfort for some of the horses. However, little did they know that their owner had a little something prepared for them.
    Jaze was happily grazing under the shades of trees, not too bothered by the heat. He scanned the area, his eyes locking on to King, who was struggling with the heat despite being under the shade as well.
    "Even with the shade, the heat is unbearable..." King panted.
    "Breathe slowly King. Less action means you won't get hot easily. Look how Halo and I are taking it." Jaze advised.
    "I can't. I don't know how both of you are doing it. I'm sure you two are the weird ones. Even as I'm standing still, I'm still unbearably hot." King retorted.
    Jaze sighed, it was true and he was slowly starting to sweat as well. It was the hottest time of the day and many had since retreated back to the comfort of their stalls for shade. It was only King, Jaze and Halo.
    "Let's head back to the stalls. Now that I looked around, I've noticed that we're the only ones left still in the pasture. I think the owner had also recently installed a misting system there so that's probably the reason." Halo mentioned.
    The moment King heard the words "misting system", he was off, thundering back to the stalls. Jaze just laughed as he and Halo calmly walked back, in contrast to King.
    "That boy sure is angsty." Halo said.
    "Then again he's a hippocampus so I guess it's understandable as to why he's more intolerant of the heat than we are." Jaze said.
    "Hm. Probably."
    When they reached, sure enough, they looked up to the ceiling and saw the misting system, installed and ready to go.
    "You guys are back on time!! The owner is about to come and turn on the misting system!" Ban said.
    Ban had a low tolerance for heat and hadn't really left the comfortable shade of the stalls all day. Not only that but he was scheduled to have his mane trimmed tomorrow to beat the heat.
    "Sweet!" King said as he headed back to his stall.
    The owner stepped in soon after, greeted by a sight of sweaty horses, awaiting the cooling mists. She laughed at the sight and flicked the switch. With that, the misting system was turned on and cool, small droplets rained down on all the horses.
    "That's amazing!!" King sighed, letting the mist cool her body down.
    "Well, it is better than outside." Halo said, a small smirk forming on his face.
    "So, wanna race later on, Jaze, Halo, King?" Ban chirped, happy from being cooled down.
    Just as King was about to reject Ban, the two spoke up.
    "No." Both said in unison with the same monotonous tone.
    "Yikes. Both of you really know how to bring down the temperature." Ban laughed.

(502 words)
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The wolf and the maiden

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 am

The wolf and the maiden

Piercing red eyes narrowed at the mare as she happily got off a trailer. Amirah had just returned from winning second place in a reining competition. Zabarov let out a sigh as he continued grazing. Acnologia was grazing not too far off and noticed the expression Zabarov gave.
    "You know, she's a keeper." He said, causing Zabarov to turn as red as his eyes.
    "W-What...!?"
    "You heard me. She's a keeper. I've talked to her a couple times. Nice girl." Acnologia said in short sentences.
    Zabarov sighed as he saw Acnologia head off under a tree. Just as he turned around, his eyes met a pair of brown ones.
    "Zabarov!!" Amirah giggled.
    "A-Amirah...!" The stallion stuttered.
    He never even noticed her approaching.
    "What are you doing?" She asked.
    "Nothing." He said, quickly regaining composure.
    "Oh... well alright then. I'll do nothing with you." Amirah laughed.
    Zabarov just looked down to the grass, avoiding eye contacts. It wasn't long before he could tell Amirah was getting bored. All of a sudden, she placed her muzzle right next to his. He looked up to meet her eyes again.
    "....you are really pretty eyes." Amirah complimented before breaking off the close contact and giggling.
    Zabarov's blood pressure went through the ceiling.
    "T-Thank you."
    "So tell me something, Zabarov." Amirah started.
    Said stallion glanced at her, waiting for her to continue.
    "Why are you always such a lone wolf?"
    Without missing a beat, Zabarov replied.
    "I just am."
    He's been asked this numerous times and honestly, he doesn't really know either. It's just him.
    The mare glanced at him and smiled.
    "Well, you're not so bad after knowing." She said before starting to graze.
    Once again, silence loomed over the pair as Zabarov struggled to keep his composure. His conscience is playing devil and angel. Should he ask her out and confess or just zip it and let this slip by? He might get over it eventually but he might regret this as well. The stallion took a deep breath. He has to play his cards right.
    "S-So...Amirah....is there anyone that you take interest in?" He started off cautiously.
    Amirah stopped and looked at him. Puzzled.
    Did I go too far? Was that too sudden?
    "Well, there is someone I take interest in. He's got beautiful eyes. A charming look. Passionate. Witty. He's amazing." She swooned.
    "Oh. I see." He said.
    There were 66 Khims living in the same place. What were the chances that she's talking about him.
    "What about you, Zabarov?" She fired back.
    "W-Who? What? M-Me...?" He stammered.
    She nodded, excitement shining in his eyes.
    "I uh...no one." He said.
    And almost instantly, the light in her eyes died.
    "Oh. Alright. Well, I guess you'll find someone eventually." Amirah said, going back to grazing.
    Not too far, Acnologia sighed. Sharp ears unconsciously heard everything.
    "That idiot." The Kirin growled.
    "Well, A for effort?" Ciel, a fellow Kirin laughed.
    Tension fogged the place. Zabarov sighed and mustered all the courage he had.
    "AmirahIKindaLikeYou. WouldYouLikeToGoOutWithMe?" Zabarov said softly and quickly.
    Acnologia head-banged a nearby tree.
    Amirah almost missed it.
    "Yeah. I'd love to. You're the one I was talking about." She smiled.
    Zabarov was flushed red. He couldn't say anything. Words didn't come out and his legs wouldn't obey him. The little mare approached and nuzzled him before smiling. Zabarov soon regained control and the two decided to go on an evening stroll.
    "All's well that ends well." Acnologia snorted, seeing the two head off. "Idiot."

(583 words)
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me