hickoryclan's archives ✧ dnp

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

hickoryclan's archives ✧ dnp

Postby sunfool » Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm

────────────────────
hickoryclan. the territory of welcoming, friendly cats. a group of outsiders; all keeping their history to themselves. they ca
me together to forget their past and start a new future. they don't speak to the others of their distant memories, they are o
nly hear to create memories for the moment.

────────────────────
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ information

Postby sunfool » Wed May 03, 2017 2:29 pm

characteristics:
      • xxxxxhickoryclan's cats are large and muscular so they can face the treacherous mountains close to their home. they are a very diverse clan since they take in most outsiders, even with all these random cats showing up at their doorstep, they all have one thing in common: good nature. they are talkative, neighborly clanmates to one another. they take great pride and devotion in their clan.

traditions, etc:
      • xxxxxmentors have a tendency to bring their apprentices up the mountains often so they can get comfortable with it. once an apprentice reaches the age of twelve moons they must bare the mountains by themselves, later returning to the clan with the best piece of prey gathered.
      • xxxxxthere is a flourishing flower field near their camp. it is most common to find a pile of cats sunbathing and chatting among themselves. cats also like to bring favored flowers to their newest loved ones, asking them to be their mate. kits and apprentices also make flower crowns to decorate themselves when playing games.
      • xxxxxif a clan cat is involved in a forbidden romance they have two choices: leaving or facing the mountains for a full twenty-four hours by themselves. most cats choose to bare the mountains, trying to prove their loyalty to their own clan.
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ territory

Postby sunfool » Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm

their camp:
      • xxxxxhickoryclan's camp lays at the start of a soaring mountain, thick and tall pine trees surrounding the area. there is a towering hickory tree which lays amidst the clumps of pine trees. the clan calls it the wind's tree, it dances when the wind is howling. more to add, not yet finished
      north: none
      • xxxxxtheir north is focused on the mountain, called the shrieking. the start of the mountain is quite tranquil, often where apprentices stay on their night of becoming a warrior. the farther up you go the crazier you become. the legend says that lost cats that never made their way back to the clan stay there as restless spirits, sending an uneasy feeling to your bone once you arrive.
      south: briarclan
      • xxxxxthe southern border holds a meadow, shared with briarclan. hickoryclan usually strays a bit from their neighbor; not wanting to cause trouble or commotion. their relationship remains neutral.
      west: clan name
      • xxxxxthe border contains a soft river, a common place for apprentices to learn swimming skills. it also holds small fish, that are an easy snack to get.
      east: clan name
      • xxxxxthe east holds more of the pine forest they rest in. they move slightly to their border but don't stray from their camp, it is heard that venomous snakes and predators stay there.
Last edited by sunfool on Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ cats and relations

Postby sunfool » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Leader: 1
      Poppystar // twenty-seven moons // she-cat // motherly // #BF8040
      ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
      [url=x]N[/url]ame // age // gender // trait // #color

Medicine Cat: 1
      Mosspelt // fifteen moons // tom // snarky // #BFBF80

Warriors: 3
      Ashenstorm // twenty-five moons // tom // private // #BFBFBF
      Bumblebelly // twenty-two moons // she-cat // high-spirited // #808000
      Softstep // eighteen moons // tom // quirky // #8080BF

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:

all ages are @ their first post
        Relations:

Planned:
        Ashenstorm and Bumblebelly
Last edited by sunfool on Sun May 21, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ predators and prey

Postby sunfool » Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 am

Prey:
      • water shrew
      • rabbit
      • squirrel
      • small fish
      • hare
      • thrush
      Predators:
      • snakes
      • hawks
      • badgers
      • foxes
      Rare but Possible:
      • bears
      • wild dogs
      • horses crossing from the southern border
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ extra

Postby sunfool » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 am

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjcyLmJlNzk3OS5TRWxEUzA5U1dVTk1RVTQsLjA,/cantata-one.regular.png[/img]
────────────────────
[size=80]total cats: one
one she-cat, zero toms
[i]2 needed servings[/i]

x days until next visit to moonpool[/size]
────────────────────[/center][list][size=80][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]text here

[color=transparent]xxxxx[/color]text here[/size][/list][center]────────────────────
[size=80]( info of day )[/size]
────────────────────[/center][left][list][list][list][list][size=65][b]Leader: 1[/b]
[color=#BF8040][url=https://secure.static.tumblr.com/803e4832e99f7f79a82af63b62654d85/18iw5mc/KFLnibkmw/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_c8100sbfws8w4wwcg48kocs08_640.jpg]P[/url]oppystar[/color] // twenty-seven moons // she-cat // motherly
★★★★★★★★★

[b]Deputy:[/b]
[url=x]N[/url]ame // age // gender // trait

[b]Medicine Cat:[/b]
[url=x]N[/url]ame // age // gender //  trait

[b]Warriors:[/b]

[b]Apprentices:[/b]

[b]Queens:[/b]

[b]Kits:[/b]

[b]Elders:[/b]
[url=x]N[/url]ame // age // gender // trait[/list][/list][/list][/list][/size][/left] [left][list][list][size=65][b]Ally Clans:[/b]
Clan Name // [url=x]U[/url]sername

[b]Enemy Clans:[/b]

[b]Borders[/b]
North // none
East // clan Name // [url=x]U[/url]sername
South // Briarclan // [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=412346]a[/url]methyst14
West // clan Name // [url=x]U[/url]sername

[b]Medicine Store[/b]
Herb // Usage
Herb // Usage

[b]Fresh-Kill Pile:[/b]
Water shrew // x0 // 1 serving
Rabbit // x0 // 2 servings
Squirrel // x0 // 2 servings
Small fish // x0 // 1-2 servings
Hare // x0 // 3 servings
Thrush // x0 // 3 servings

Total // x servings

[b]Mentors:[/b]
Mentor // Apprentice // No. of training sessions // Moves
Mentor // Apprentice // No. of training sessions // Moves

[b]Deceased Cats:[/b]
Cat Name // Cause of Death
Cat Name // Cause of Death

[b]Family:[/b]
Name and Name // Kits
Name and Name // Kits[/size][/list][/list][/left][center]────────────────────
[size=80][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3447021&p=109035977#p109034798]i[/url]nfo[/size][/center]
Last edited by sunfool on Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ just in case!

Postby sunfool » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 am

x
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ (001)

Postby sunfool » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 am

WEATHER: it is currently leaf-fall. the trees are nearly bare now! the ground is littered with their former leaves and the air is chilly, signaling that leaf-bare is right around the corner. stock up on herbs and fresh-kill to prepare.

sstormling wrote:

xxxxxthe she-cat's long, lithe body moved around the forest, her collar still hitting against her thin fur. she was tired of it. she was tired of her old kittypet ways and that's why she was here. she sat down, her yellow-striped mask faced to the sun. her strange markings looked as if the sun had kissed her; leaving her warm marks on her face. poppystar look downed now, to the soft green grass. she took a quick swipe to her own neck, swiftly slicing her collar to the ground. she then continued her journey to find a place to stay; to start a clan to call her home. she moved around the towering pine trees that surrounded her. it was a quite pleasant sent that filled the air. then suddenly, she caught a tree in the corner of her eye. it was different from the others, it was twisted and it seemed as if the wood wrapped together to finally form a tree. perfect, the she-cat thought to herself.

xxxxxpoppystar was lonely and tired. she was making her way to the moonpool, ready to ask starclan for guidance. she finally reached her destination and she was ready. poppystar padded to the pool, gently placing her small nose to the icy water. a shiver went down her spine. "thank you starclan, for giving me a new chance at this life," she whispered. "i kindly ask for a clanmate, to help me on my new journey."
────────────────────
( @moonpool - poppystar asks for a clanmate )

Poppystar slept soundly, peacefully at the edge of the pool. She dreamed of the one day that HickoryClan would be large and prosperous. Oh, how she knew that she was going to love all this so much more than the boring life of a kittypet. With this came adventure - what she longed for. No cat should have to live out their days cooped up in a twoleg nest, lying around with nothing to do day after day. The Clan life meant that one would always be on the lookout, watching for foxes and rogues, having to go out and catch your own food - all of it seemed a pleasure to the new leader.
      However, her eyes quickly opened from such a pleasant dream when she felt a prod at her side. In the darkness she could make out a feline figure standing before her. "Hello," she meowed, trying to contain her excitement as she hurried to her paws. "I'm Poppystar, the leader of HickoryClan. Who might you be?"
      A smile appeared on the cats face, and they replied, "I believe I am your new Clan-mate. It is a pleasure to meet you, Poppystar."

starclan has given you a warrior!
Last edited by sunfool on Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ (002)

Postby sunfool » Thu May 11, 2017 10:40 am

WEATHER: it is currently leaf-bare. the air is very chilly now, and most predators and prey are hiding from the cold in their burrows. herbs and new clan-mates will be harder to find now. and of course we all know the dreaded sickness leaf-bare brings with it: greencough. be careful not to send the same cat out of camp twice, otherwise their chances of catching a cold increases.

sstormling wrote:

xxxxxhickoryclan's leader was softly dreaming of the future. of course, all she saw was plentiful prey and smiling cats huddling around some sort of clan camp. it would take time for her to start this clan, it would be worth even if she had to make enemies along the way. Then suddenly she snapped, her heavy eyelids opened to find a cat that stood before her. He was a friendly tom, quickly responding to poppystar's greeting, "i'm ashenstorm. starclan sent me here to be your first warrior, i'll be glad to help," the tom gestured. a huge grin laid on poppystar's face. your first warrior. she could talk for hours with the tom, but nothing was on her mind, she was quite blank for being the talkative she-cat she was. ashenstorm seemed reserved, minding his own business as he walked beside his new leader. the two both interrupted their small silence, "would you like- -" "i think i might - -" an awkward tension lingered between the two clanmates. "i think i might hunt for a little bit," the silver tom blubbered. poppystar responded quickly, "oh, i might as well look around for cats to welcome to our clan." she gave a quick smile to the tom as she ran off into the forest, "meet back at the wonderful hickory tree!" her voice raised, her thin tail gently moving from side to side as her paced quickened. ashenstorm remained quiet, giving a small nod to his leader.

xxxxxwhat an odd tom.. the thought popped into poppystar's head. he was quite awkward and sheepish, she found it rather amusing in a way. he seemed nice though and that was the main quality she looked for in a cat. her walk now remained bouncy, her head turning and ears twitching to every sound she heard. she was taking the patient path of her leadership, not a single bit of anxiety laid inside her head. she was a kittypet after all, she didn't know the ins and outs of the outside world. and it was beginning to look like leaf-bare, soon leaf-fall will be over and prey would be scarce. who knows what waits for her in the time ahead.

xxxxxthe silver tabby was moving from rock to rock, intently searching for prey to bring to the twisted hickory tree. his moves remained sharp and brisk. he liked the mountains, it was a spot to sit to yourself and gather thoughts. which was ashenstorm did best. he finally reached a smooth part of the bottom of the mountain. a breeze lifted his pelt, he looked at his surroundings. the leaves of the trees popped out at him; orange, yellow, and brown. it was beautiful of how they danced in the wind, showing of their vibrant colors.
────────────────────
( @border patrol poppystar takes a search for cats to recruit
@hunting patrol ashenstorm went hunting for prey near the mountains )

Popystar padded quietly through the territory. Her ears were up and alert, ready to pinpoint the faintest noise she heard. She was a little surprised when she could not detect any singing from the birds, but quickly realized that it was now leaf-bare and all of them would be huddled in their nests and not out singing. It certainly wasn't as cheery in the forest now as it was when they sang, she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted by a tortoiseshell cat suddenly leaping out in front of her, clearly unaware of her presence, running after a rabbit.
      "Hey! What are you doing?" Poppystar called, causing the cat to freeze and the fur along their back to bristle. They slowly turned around with their gaze toward the ground and their tail hanging low. "Who do you think you are? That is HickoryClan prey. Didn't you smell the markings at the border?" the leader questioned.
      "S-sorry," the cat mumbled. "I-I didn't know...." Suddenly their face lit up as they realized what Poppystar had said. "HickoryClan? Like one of those Clans of wild cats?"
      Poppystar slowly nodded. "Yes, it is. I am the leader of HickoryClan."
      The cat's smile broadened. "I've been searching and searching for a Clan! Most of the ones I've found chased me off.... But w-would you mind i-if i join you?"

poppystar found a warrior!
      ashenstorm caught a rabbit!
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hickoryclan's archives ✧ (003)

Postby sunfool » Sat May 13, 2017 9:01 am

WEATHER: it is currently leaf-bare. the first snow is here! fresh and soft, it coats the ground and is around three inches deep. young apprentices (and maybe even kits) probably want to play in it, but be careful, for it would be very easy for them to catch a cold. prey are hiding in their burrows, so not much will be caught today. however, you are a bit more likely to find new cats since they are seeking shelter.

sstormling wrote:
    xxxxxpoppystar was now walking side by side with another warrior to welcome into her clan. "the name's chamomile!" the she-cat yelled in a prideful voice. she was quite the rambunctious she-cat, the opposite of her first warrrior, ashenstorm. poppystar thought their clashing personalities were a great combination to the clan. "oh! i've been waiting to join a clan ever since i was a lil' youngling, except most clans i've found tend to chase a loner like me away," she smiled to her new leader. responding to the she-cat's exclamation, poppystar gave chamomile a faint smile in return, "well i'm glad you got to join our clan!" they sat down next to the wind's tree, their new camp's main attraction. poppystar gave a small ceremony to give chamomile her clan name, bumblebelly. her name resembling her cheerful and hopeful personality. the two talked, waiting for ashenstorm to return from his hunting trip. he got back not soon after with a bunny in his chops. "what a great find, ashenstorm!" the leader purred. he gave a tiny nod and dropped it near the base of the tree. poppystar soon departed the clan camp, set on a journey to the moonpool. it was now leafbare and a medicine cat would be in great assistance.

xxxxxashenstorm and bumblebelly chatted. that means that bumblebelly did most of the chatting, the only thing ashenstorm did was listen to her wild stories. which he enjoyed, listening was a trait ashen had mastered through time and it was a quite enjoyable trait of his. "i know you just went on a hunt of your own.. but i was wondering if we could search for more prey. it is leafbare," the she-cat stated quietly after finishing her brief story. "sure, let's go!" he responded in amusement. they ran into the forest, hoping for prey to set them for the harsh leafbare that lays in front of them.

xxxxxthe sun-colored she-cat was now making her way through the thick pine forest. she remembered this path well, as well as what happened last time. how much excitement had filled her head and the same excitement stayed there. she was a leader now, it was fun to take charge but she knew that it would get harder in the future. she was to ask for a medicine cat.. or maybe a deputy. she was in need for a second head to help her with her clan. yet, she had two bright and young warriors in front of her. they might have a chance to become her first deputy in the future, but which of the two? oh.. so much to think about. yet such little time, she was already at the moonpool. "good afternoon starclan," she hummed as she entered the small cave. her restless and long build made it's way to the pool. her nose hit the cold water; no shiver came to her spine this time. "i ask for a medicine cat. it is getting to be leafbare and we could need the help for the future of hickoryclan," she requested.
────────────────────
( @moonpool poppystar asks for a medicine cat
@hunting patrol ashenstorm and bumblebelly hunt together in the forest )
the clan consumed a rabbit )

────────────────────

Poppystar woke from her dream with a smile on her face. Again she had dreamt of the time that HickoryClan would be one of the greatest in the forest - such a wonderful dream. It all had felt so real, yet seemed just beyond her grasp. She knew she would get there one day, though. She, a former kittypet, would build such a mighty Clan -
      "Hello there," came a soft chuckle.
      The HickoryClan leader started, having been interrupted from her thoughts, but quickly regained her composure. "Hello. You are?"
      They smiled. "I'm supposed to be your medicine cat, aren't I? At least that's what they told me. I hear you're in need of one with leaf-bare here now."
      Poppystar nodded and a slight smile appeared on her face. "Come on, I'll show you the way to camp."

starclan has given you a medicine cat! choose five herbs from here to start your collection.
      ashenstorm and bumblebelly caught a squirrel!
sunfool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me