Based on Click to view
Artist gecko [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sima 817 - whaaat day?

Postby gecko » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm

GROUNDHOG DAY

This sima has some edits as you may be able to tell! Those edits are...
- Edited nose
- Facial edits
- Custom ears
- Neck fluff
- Custom paws
- Tail fluff
- Slightly shorter than average legs

This will be a impress me contest that will end on the 5th~ Good luck! ovo
Extending until the 10th

Form skeleton to get you going...

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:

Fun fact --- they used to use hedgehogs in the tradition that we now know as groundhog day! When the Europeans moved they simply chose to use the closest thing to a hedgehog that they could, which just happened to be groundhogs!
c:

While we all look forward to Groundhog Day on February 2nd and the forecast for an early spring from the two greatest weatherhogs on the planet - Wiarton Willie in Wiarton, Ontario and Punxsutawney Phil in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, the truth behind this 200 year-old tradition is oftentimes forgotten.

Long before the advent of Groundhog Day on February 2nd, the Romans observed a similar event thousands of years ago on the exact same day. Rather than use the North American groundhog, the Romans used the hedgehog.

“If during hibernation, he (the hedgehog) looks out of his den on 2nd February and sees his shadow it means there is a clear moon and six more weeks of winter so he returns to his burrow.

The only difference between this ancient event and the present day version (aside from the hedgehog, of course) is the fact that the Romans would look to see if the hedgehog saw its shadow under a clear moon at night.

Here in North America, where we have no indigenous species of hedgehog, we replaced the hedgehog with the native groundhog. To this day Punxsutawney Phil and Wiarton Willie battle it out to see who is the better weather forecaster, but little do they or their handlers know that the original prognosticator of spring was a hedgehog.
Last edited by gecko on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima 817 - whaaat day?

Postby Lies With Needs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Username: Lies With Needs
Name: Jupiter
mostly inactive, much love <3
Lies With Needs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Username: cyberdragon725
Name: Ezekiel

Personality; Ezekiel is a jovial and friendly fellow, always with a bright and wide smile on his face. He's the type of guy that everyone wants to be around, his happiness and sideways grin always seeming to spread to those around him. He's playful, often joking and teasing with others. He loves nothing more than to spend some quality time with his neice and nephew, and Emma absolutely adores her uncle.

Ezekiel is the kind of guy who appreciates the finer things. He's a man of practicality, prefering to have things which are useful rather than look good appearance wise. He has an attraction to nature, often stopping to 'smell the roses' and simply enjoy his lot in life. Whenever he's traveling or simply settling in a newer town, he's always willing to help out. His love of family and friends burn with a firey passion within him, as he will do almost anything to protect that which he loves most. His loyalty and determination to his family helps him make bonds with others that outlast the very limits of time, despite the fact that he rarely sticks around to see these relationships grow.

This does not mean that Ezekiel is the most courageous of simas, however. He's actually not nearly courageous as he may seem. After all, Ezekiel has been running from his mistakes for years. His wanderlust, his traveling, it was not for his joy. He feared that if he stayed in one place far too long, his past would catch up with him. Which is why, with the consequences of his actions nipping at his heels, he's left his family behind and travels the world in hopes of catching a sense of redemption, ignorant to the fact that freedom was always right in front of him since the beginning.
Last edited by cyberdragon725 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Username: Evils
Name: Nidia Vonetmaux
Last edited by Evils on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:50 am

Username
Simonpet

Name
Phillip "Phil" Wiarton

Sex
Male

Personality
Phil is normally serious and is mildly superstitious, and due to this has picked up on a few ticks such as snapping his fingers constantly or twitching his tail x amount of times when doing something, believing that his ticks will grant him good luck and if he doesn't do them, he will have bad luck. He prefers the warmer weather and will often hole up in his house during the coldest parts of winter and refuse to go outside without several layers beyond what would be expected although tends to underdress in the spring and summer, which both amuses and annoys those he knows.

Relationships
Chasya - Phil met Chasya when they worked at a soup kitchen together one weekend, and they hit it off. At the moment, they're good friends and meet up at the same soup kitchen every weekend to chat. Phil has started to wonder if there's a possible future with Chasya beyond their friendship, although is too nervous to bring it up.
Eleni - Phil and Eleni are childhood friends, having known each other since elementary school. They've kept in touch since, and occasionally visit the other for a quick chat.
Victor - Phil and Victor met when they were young and have been good friends since. They can put up with each other's ticks and will always have each other's backs. Some have joked that they're as close as brothers or mates, but neither mind, even if Phil will roll his eyes (twice to satisfy his ticks).
Last edited by Simonpet on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:36 pm

~ -w- ~
ill watch this cute sima:)
Last edited by Catskitten on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username: WolfireX
Name: Chuck
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 pm

extending until the 10th~
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Username:Gadgetrocks
Name:River
Why I want this Shima: I don't have any Shimas and I love this species, so getting one would be amazing. Also, I love this Shimas design, those little rounded ears are super cute, and the overall design works really well.
Personality: Energetic, kind, bouncy, tough, fierce.
Reason for name: She reminds me of a otter!
Age Around 13-14
Theme song: Timelapse- TheFatRat
Bet my life- ImagineDragons
Gif:Image
Art: Image
She's coming out of the ground! Did she see her shadow?
Backstory River was born into a family of "groundhog shimas", her family lived in an underground den, in a big field near a river. Her family are very unique Shimas, with larger claws for digging tunnels, and rounded ears for hearing each other, even if your both in different tunnels. Her family are simple fishermen and farmers, but she longs to see the outside world. She mainly plays with her siblings and teaches them what they need to know. Not knowing any other non groundhog Shimas, her parents took her to a city one day, and she was amazed by all the different colors and styles Shimas come in. She takes every opertunity she gets to go to the city and see the other Shimas. She is a skilled carver and carpenter and loves to make fantastical shapes out of wood and stone.
Other Misc info: Full name: River Meadow Svenson.
Likes: Chewing on grass, catfish, her pet baby skink, all her siblings.
Dislikes: Pollution, super squishy mud, frozen food, and scratchy quilts.
Picture of her house (Kinda):https://www.pinterest.com/explore/the-burrow/ Burrow house like this.
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘