ohmygosh wrote:
    ahhh, my first kal <3
    i will continue developing his character~

x
x
x
x
x

↳ ↳ TWO DROWNING PEOPLE CAN'T SAVE EACH OTHER. . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔═══════════════╗
ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ ▹ lyxa
ɴᴀᴍᴇ ▹ Nikoh Rey
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ▹ Male
ᴀɢᴇ ▹ Young Adult [19 to early 20's]
ᴏʀɪᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ▹ Pansexual
ᴏᴄᴄᴜᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ▹ Part-times at ___ / Pickpocket
ᴢᴏᴅɪᴀᴄ sɪɢɴ ▹ Aries
ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sᴏɴɢ ▹ xx
ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ▹ xx
ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ sʟᴏᴛs ▹ 2/2

╚═══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

↳ ↳ ALL THEY CAN DO IS WATCH EACH OTHER DROWN.

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

"͏ᴀɴ͏ʏ͏ᴛ͏ʜ͏ɪ͏ɴ͏ɢ ͏ᴄ͏ᴀ͏ɴ ͏ʙ͏ᴇ ͏ꜰ͏ʀ͏ᴇ͏ᴇ ͏ɪ͏ꜰ ͏ʏ͏ᴏ͏ᴜ'͏ᴠ͏ᴇ ͏ɢ͏ᴏ͏ᴛ ͏ᴛ͏ʜ͏ᴇ ͏ɢ͏ᴜ͏ᴛ͏ꜱ."

Nikoh is brash. He is trashy. He'd bedazzle the hell out of everything he owned if it were practical. But he is also very cautious and good at what he does, which is not getting caught. Because, you see, Nikoh is rather fond of getting things for free - and according to him, “anything can be free, if you’ve got the guts”. If something needs to be stolen or broken into, Nikoh can make it happen; but better cut to the chase - time is money. This jaded punk certainly isn’t one to suffer fools or go easy on someone just because they may not know any better - in Nikoh's world, you either keep up or you get left behind. He doesn’t trust easily, but his time in the criminal underground taught him that you don’t have to trust someone to work with them; you take what you can get, and if the options suck, you improvise. Things that have been thrown away or deemed defective especially pique his weakness. The saying “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure” could not apply more. While Nikoh may be impatient with people, those he talks openly sarcastically to are the ones his is closest with.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

There was never really enough of anything where Nikoh grew up. Not enough food, not enough clothes, even bathing was limited to when the plumbing system decided to work. Being raised by a single mother in a government housing project on the outskirts of the city, for the most part Nikoh found it hard to take pride in anything about himself. Secondhand clothes, junk food, and rejected toys defined his childhood. He learned that you never threw anything away, even if it was broken: you kept it and hoped it could be used for something else.

He grew like a weed in the cracks of a parking lot, from a shivering brat into a truant punk. School held no interest for him – loitering outside of the bowling alley hoarding stolen items from the ratty strip mall with his mates and hounding older kids felt a more productive use of his time. By then, he'd gotten quite good at nicking anything that caught his eye.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

..............................................................................................................
Art by ManedDragon
..............................................................................................................

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

After experiencing the sensation of near-drowning, Nikoh feels insecure about swimming and entering deep waters.

My paws hit the wooden planks of the dock with dull thuds. Grains of sand cling to my pads as I walk heavily down the dock, leaving the tiny stretch of sand behind me. Wisps of fog hang in the pale grey morning, not yet dispersed by the weak rays of sunlight. My features waver across the glassy surface of the water, and I struggle to peer past pieces of my reflection into the lake’s almost black depths. My shoulders stiffen from the chill as I join others, the morning grogginess making their eyelids heavy. The dark water below us laps insistently against the dock, sucking at the wooden posts with icy tentacles.
“Are you guys ready for the swim test?”
Behind us, a deep voice interrupts the eerie quiet and we spin around in unison, causing the dock to creak loudly in protest. A powerfully built Kalon emerges from a cloak of mist, a pendant around his neck emblazoned with the word ‘LIFEGUARD’.
“Yes, sirrr,” drawls a young kit, traces of sarcasm sharpening his tone. The lifeguard is unfazed, just as he seems to be unbothered by the early morning chill.
Loud splashes shatter the still air as Kalons jump in, one by one. I force myself to look at the swirling water, which now seethes angrily like black tar. I lurch mechanically to the edge of the dock. Squeezing my eyes shut, I explode off and freeze, suspended in the air for a heartbeat with my last breath still caught in my throat. Then the water hits.
My mind goes blank. For a fraction of a second I am motionless, the shock of the icy water freezing my limbs. Needles of ice sting every inch of my skin and bitter water floods my mouth. I break the water’s surface with a strangled gasp. My legs kick into motion as my mind races feverishly, broken into shards of unintelligible thoughts. Dark heads as slick as the heads of seals emerge from the inky depths of the lake, which begins to froth.
Ragged breaths fill the air as the minutes creep by. My lungs begin to crave oxygen and I take a gulp of air. But soon enough the searing pain crawls to my arms and legs, latching onto my muscles with fangs of acid. Grimacing, I grit my teeth and raise my eyes to the stopwatch sitting at the lifeguard’s feet.
Suddenly, a swell of lakewater crashes over my face, whisking away my breath in a stream of bubbles. A rush of water pours into my open mouth and before I can resurface, my throat convulses and I reflexively swallow. Liquid lava rages through my torso and sets my lungs ablaze. I claw at the unforgiving water, reaching up to the grey light of the sky. The lifeguard eyes me in concern. Then his stopwatch lets out a shrill beep, and he glances down at it.
“One minute left!”

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

............................................................................................................
Art by aeiou
............................................................................................................

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ImageImageImage

Art by Kaori Miyazono.

Art by rockosaur
Last edited by lyxa on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I used to be Wolfe.

x

lyxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♕ ▬▬ ❝ NIKOH ❞

Postby lyxa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm