Malyutka Readoption - winner! by _Alex_

Based on Click to view
Artist _Alex_ [gallery]
Time spent 33 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Malyutka Readoption - winner!

Postby _Alex_ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Over the last few weeks, I've come to the realization that i've lost pretty much all connection to my darling Malyutka. That being said, I've decided to readopt her out. Hopefully to someone who will take better care of her than me.

Some information and stuff:
    • She has had one child so she must remain biologically female.
    • Feel free to have her present as any gender though
    • Her name, Malyutka, means 'little one' in Russian. Feel free to change it though.
    • She does come with art.
        One by Kylo Ren.
        Two by luvanimations
        Three by Ezilyn
        Four by GabrieliAprilia on da
    • Her itemless version can be found here
    • She has no mutations. Her scars and torn ear cannot be passed down.

In spirit of the original contest for her, this is going to be a written impress me. In 200 words or more, I want you to tell me a story about her. It can include anything you want. BUT, it must include how she got her armour and/or how she got her scars. That's the only requirement. There is no word limit on the stories, so write to your hearts content. In addition, you may include up to three written extras and up to two pieces of art. All art must go to the winner however. Prettying up is allowed and encouraged.

As of now, the end date is set for Friday July 22 at 11 pm Central Time.

The new end date is now July 26 at 11 pm Pacific Time.

Extensions may be given upon request.
    Feel free to pm/post any questions and i'll answer them the best that i can.

Code: Select all
    [b]Name;;[/b]
    [b]Gender;;[/b] (remember bio female)
    [b]Story;;[/b] (200+ words)
    [b]Extras;;[/b] (Up to 3 written and 2 art pieces)

Questions answered so far:
Last edited by _Alex_ on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Malyutka Readoption

Postby koegami » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Reserved

Is DFAB male ok or Transmale?

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Markers Omg she's beautiful!!
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Alex_ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Lord Raegami wrote:Is DFAB male ok or Transmale?

yup! that's a-okay!

you can have them present as any gender (transmale, demigirl, agender, genderfluid, etc.) but they have to remain biologically female (or dfab).
Last edited by _Alex_ on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:34 pm

OH my mark
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Warrdog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Res!!

Important announcement wrote:
Nothing to report here
Hope everyone is enjoying themselves
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at
the information in my
signature c:

I used to be FREAKSHO, don't steal
I will use the name again.

╔═══════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════╝
Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cvpidxpng » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Ohohohohoh
Merk! I own the child, so if you want you can use her
Buts it's OOC,
Pm me!
Last edited by cvpidxpng on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❤❤
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Runt

Postby corgiboy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Luther wrote:I will take your breath away...literally

Overview
My heart pounded in my chest as I looked around my eyes widening I could feel my pupils grow small as a small chuckle came out of my mouth I bit my lip to hold back the laughter but I couldn't help it this was just....all to funny for me my laughter came in fits as I found my self licking the blood from off my muzzled my teeth grinding together as the soliders around me looked up at me strangely I cased a look down upon them ...I don't remember what it was....I think I could recall it being insanity?

chapter 1
The pink viscet raised an glowing red eye at the red and black viscet ,he could feel his anger as he slammed his paws onto the table turning into his human form.Everyone had gotten used to their leader being able to do this and was far too long of a story to tell on why and how he was able pulse the story was very old it had been many generations and years since that great war,but yet Valentine still hasn't aged a day
"Again and again they keep failing to understand that they need to start listening to me!" He said grinding his teeth his fingernails digging into the wooden table before relaxing turning back into his viscet form he plopped himself down.
"Luther it's time I trained you." Valentine said looking over to the now surprised viscet who seemed to be shocked by what he said. "but father you said..." Valentine growled at him raising an eyebrow " are you going to deny getting trained by me....deny being a warrior?" Valentine had that usually sly smirk on his face. the black viscet signed before laughing.
"Of course not father...but you always told me i would just be in the way...I am a runt after all.He now said with a bit of sadness in his voice causing Valentine to sign before walking over to him plopping down he picked up a piece of armor.
"you know what this is?" valentine said holding out the tainted black armor to him it had some tainted blood on it ..he could smell it from there his eyes widen when he realized that Valentine was going to be giving it to him by the way he was gesturing it over to him. he gently took it gazing down upon the precious item.
"Of course I know what it is father....it's the battle mask you used every time you got in a fight for leadership." He said gulping under his breath before looking back to the red eyes of Valentine.
"I want you to have it." Valentine pushed the mask over to him causing him to almost drop it in surprise from his father's words and actions.
"to what? but..this is your battle mask the armor you use when ever your challenge to a duel over leadership!" the viscet said looking from the mask to his father who seemed to keep the warm smile on his face, no one was used to a warm smile from Valentine he was usually cruel always giving off bad vibes to everyone ...which made other viscets fear him whenever they looked him dead into the eye.
" When i first found you...abandon in the forest left to die..I knew something about you would be special, Though you were smaller than the rest of the visclings you placed with I saw you tackle them down without a problem I knew you had something in you that most would never have...you know what that is?" Valentine raised an eyebrow grabbing the rest of the armor from the table top and pushing it over to him.
"what is it father?" He said his heart pounding in his chest as he kept examining the mask unable to peel his eyes away from it only to look at Valentine's expression when he talk he did.
"You have courage something none of those fools have!" He seemed to get that evil cackle in his voice that made the viscet flinch a little bit.
"Luther I want you to put on this armor child and join me in battle as my son.” He said pushing the armor closer to him as he did so.Luther looked up to his father and quickly nodded as he slowly put on the helmet smelling his father's sent and other viscet’s blood on it making him quiver from fear and excitement of battle. Never had his father suggested him to go out into battle like he was doing now.It felt like ages since the last time he asked his father if he could join the fight with him it usually resulted in a argument or just a simple blunt
“no.”
Now he was going to fight alongside his father and the second in command Lucifer the old second in command had long ago died of old age though he was always remembered for sticking by Valentine’s side in the great battle for power. Valentine’s warm smile came back upon his face as Luther slowly put on the rest of the armor standing up on all fours due to his front arms being just as long as his back.He smile sheepishly as Valentine rolled his eyes
“stand on two legs son.” Valentine said lifting a brow getting on his own Two legs his tail twitching.
“You need to learn to walk on your two back legs it will give you advantage in a fight to learn how to do both. It would make a disadvantage if you could only walk on all fours since another viscet could easily get you from uptop...then again getting them from below might change the tides...hmm i would have to try that with a few of my men but other then that i want you to learn how to walk on your back legs as well as on all fours like you can already do.” Valentine said cluther quickly acknowledged his father’s point thinking for a little bit before making quick to go up against the wall.He struggled slightly but he managed to start pressing his front paws against the wall pushing himself up.He could already feel his legs starting to wobble on him the armor making it even harder as he finally stood on the two back paws wiggling slightly he gulped knowing he was going to fall over any second from the weight of his torso. As soon as he thought he regained his balance he found himself toppling over falling on his muzzle making a long whine shortly after that a little blood dripping from his nose causing Valentine to frown.
"You will get it sooner ....or later but for now I want you to practice every single day at least 5 times at the st and o leg exercises for your back legs that will help alot too." Valentine walked past him and while he did so his tip of his tail patted over his shoulder like what the humans did with their hands patting the other shoulder as a complement or a sign of
"good luck."
Before taking his leave to the door looking back upon his adoptive son who he for once seemed proud of .For once Luther felt a little more special with such words his father had given him and he was now more determined to make his father even more proud.
Luther found his way out of the quarters of his father’s now making his way over to his room he finally found comfort in plopping himself down onto a soft cushion pressed up against the wall.It felt nice really he had to admit to have his father actually be proud of him,he felt accomplished. He let his eyes drifted off he knew he would dream of great battles and won fights like he had once dreamed when he was just a viscling.
chapter 2
“Wake up kid...com on you can do it…..I believe in youu childddd...damn it already wake up!”Luther could hear the voice but he didn't want to open his eyes he knew whose voice it was but he really didn't want to have to go through another day of that reculous training lucifer would put him up to every freakin day non stop this whole month it was very aggravating really.He rolled off to his side making his causally groan in the morning only to cause Lucifer to roll his eyes….He really wasn't going to deal with this kid today.He walked off gaining Luther some peace and quiet,but surely that didn't last enough for he was soon splashed with a bucket of water.
“I said wakey wakey sunshine can’t be sleeping all day!”Lucifer said with a snarl gaining himself a eyeroll from Luther who was now drenched in water and looking very unpleased .Luther looked up to the window his eyes groggy before realizing that the sun wasn’t even out...it was pitch black outside.
“Lucifer! Is this really HIGHLY necessary for you to do this to me i'm getting really sick and tired from you constantly waking me up in the middle of the night…”Luther looked unhappy as Lucifer shrugged
“Well you see here young one ...you need to stay alert of your surroundings no matter what ...even if it is the middle of the night, and for your information it is exactly 5:00 a, human time.” He said giving off that smart butt look he carried on his grinning face..oh how Luther wanted to just kick him so hard,but of course he held back from doing it not wanting to be pinned down like last time for doing something similar when he was angry at the gray viscet.
Lucifer gave him a smile motioning him out of the wet bed no use trying to go back to sleep in the soggy thing now.Luther followed the viscet outside into the nice foggy air,he had to admit it did feel nice to get up before every other viscet not having to deal with all the chit chat and judgment from the others if he was to mess up on one tiny thing
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
(goal)

Artwork by plot

he sometime walks on all fours because of he is compared as a runt to other viscets

Last edited by corgiboy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 37 times in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~IceFang~ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:55 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Name;; Sabre
Gender;; (remember bio female)
Story;;
--1 Week--
As the dark viscling ran she cursed the world.
Ever since she hatched just days ago, she had been out to the blade for survival. Poked her innocent head out of the shell, face to face with a hungry fox. Recovered from the incident, hungry and alone. Scavenged some nuts, set upon by a furious squirrel. Gotten moments of rest, den discovered to be occupied by porcupine.
Everything in the world seemed to strive to kill this little creature, as if knowing what she would do when she grew up. But as the furred thing ran, she didn't know what she would do. All she knew was that she was about to become lunch. The lynx behind her covered ground effortlessly, while the defenseless viscling had to scramble around, narrowly missing the claws and teeth of the great feline.
She couldn't keep this up for very long. Already her short limbs were tiring, breath jagged. Her deep brown eyes already held the pressures of surviving.
A single, thin root changed her life.
As she ran, her toe caught on the root, and she tripped, hitting the dusty ground with an "Oomph!" The shadow of the leaping lynx was on top of him, she wasn't going to survive...

--15 Years--
The scarred viscet strode into the marketplace. Viscets around her shied away from the fearsome character, head and back partially covered by a fine lynx pelt, paws in the skin of the felines own, wielding the predators claws. Despite being of a young age, she had scars already, ones that marred her beautiful face and fur. As hard, yellow and red orbs scanned her surroundings, ears pricked in both dominance and wariness, she knew what she had to do. Her strong, muscled limbs carried her to the very outskirts of the market, where the shady business was done.
As she drew up to a tavern, the burly guard at the entrance stopped him. "Where do you think you're going, young 'un?" The sentry snarled. Wrong thing to say. As the lynx claws wrapped around his throat, deadly sharp and cutting effortlessly into his skin, spilling bright red drops spattering into the ground, he knew he had done wrong. That was the last thing he ever thought.
Striding into the bar, blood still dripping from her paws, The youngling needed no dramatic entrance. Eyes all drew to her as conversation ceased. The sharp copper of blood, the fearsome lynx pelt, along with the trail of red paw prints, made everyone shy away from this murderer. Clicking her lynx claws on the bar, leaving little drops where the sharp points touched the weathered wood, she waited for the barkeeper to speak. And he did, voice trembling. "Who... Who are you?"
At which time, she raised her piercing, slightly mad optics to meet the terrified keepers own. A single word.
"Sabre."

--20 Years--

Extras;; (Up to 3 written and 2 art pieces)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- sorry
Last edited by ~IceFang~ on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
~IceFang~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Althea

Postby ABeardedDragon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:03 pm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Name;; Althea
Gender;; Female
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Althea was raised in the outskirts of a town; her home was a small house that was abandoned by humans long ago. Life wasn't easy for her parents and no matter how hard they tried to hide it, she knew. Her father was a hunter and caught food for the family, selling any excess. One winter, her second one, was especially difficult for them. Food was scarcer than ever before and her father had to hunt more which made him tired. Soon, he fell ill.
"Mother, what's wrong with him?" the young viscet asked as he curled up close to her weak father. He had done nothing but sleep for the past few days. She had never seen him so sick before, and her father was fairly old now. Her heart shattered as she thought about losing him.
"Can't you tell?" Her mother snapped, then quickly calmed herself, "he's sick because he's worked himself so much." Now her voice was much softer, revealing the worries that she had. She knew they had the same thoughts. Her mother quickly left the room. Althea's mother had to care for the rest of the family and with Althea being the the eldest, she had to take her father's place.
"I'll take care of us," she said to her father. Tears streamed down her face as she watched her sleeping parent, dripping onto his fur. After a few minutes she stood then stepped away from him and slipped through the doorway. Her back was turned as she stopped. Althea looked over her shoulder. "Please be okay, I love you, dad," her voice trembled as she fought back the urge to cry. She knew he couldn't hear her as he was sleeping. Her heart felt heavy in her chest and soon her limbs felt just as heavy. With that, she turned and left the house.

Her first hunt was at the base of the mountain not far from home. It was getting late. The dark sky was shrouded in clouds and dappled with glowing white stars. If it wasn't for the bitter winds and thick blanket of snow under her feet, she would have stopped to admire the view. She carried a beech wooden crossbow with rusty steel joints. A black leather quiver lay against her sides, its worn, peeling strap slung over her neck and wrapped around under her arm. The snow crunched as her feet were dragged wearily through it. Althea was exhausted but she had to catch something before she returned home. She had been out for hours and her left ear was beginning to feel numb, causing some concern. Snow fell onto her dark coat, chilling her body. The wind started to howl, warning her of an approaching blizzard. It would be dangerous to stay out much longer. She wandered the forest for a while, most of the trees still had their leaves but some had become nothing but skeletons. Ahead of her was a rabbit. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. The black viscet reached for an arrow. She tried her hardest to load the crossbow but she had no experience with it. The arrow fell to the floor. Although she did not hear a noise, her prey certainly did. It ran. It wasn't the first opportunity she had missed out in the wilderness. Althea felt an uncontrollable anger build up inside of her. If I carry on like this, my family will starve! Thinking of this only frustrated her more, but at the same time she felt her heart break. I can't fail, she thought, the voice she heard sounded like a whisper, full of sorrow. She shook her head and started to track the rabbits footprints. By now her instincts had taken over, in her desperation to feed her loved ones. Her body was low to the ground as she stalked, hunted. In front of her was a dense field of thorn bushes, protecting the small brown rabbit. But that wouldn't stop her. She stepped lightly, almost as if she was trying to avoid stepping on mines. Her front paws pushed away the bushes gently, the thorns digging deep into her skin. They closed behind her, seeming to swallow her, scraping against her back legs. The blood trickled down from her scratches, staining the once pure white snow. The viscet was locked onto her prey as if she was a feral beast, right now she was running on instincts. As soon as she saw the rabbit scout the area, she leapt. For a moment she seemed to fly and forgot about her worries. She forgot about the trouble that faced her family and the fear of losing her father. There she stood, and in her mouth was the body of the rabbit. There was a pride that swelled in her heart, her yellow and red eyes shone with joy, making her feel warm despite the harsh winter. But it was quickly torn away as she turned around. The storm had started. Althea had heard many stories of viscets dying in these blizzards, freezing to death in the unbearable cold. She imagined their last moments, lost and confused; maybe even alone like herself. Her father, one of the bravest viscets she knew, feared the snow storms. And she could see why. Already the snow was falling thick enough to hinder her vision. Panic began to fill her body. Without thinking, she began to run. Hopefully she would reach home. But as her foot tried to touch the ground that was no longer there, she realised that she had made a mistake. Her body fell as she crashed down the side of a steep, rocky slope. Althea's heart pounded. Her tired body was battered by the cruel, unforgiving land. At the end of her seemingly endless fall, the world around her darkened. Her skin burned with pain, the agony spreading like a wild fire, which conflicted with the numbing feel of the snow around her. As quickly as she felt the pain, she could no longer feel anything, her senses were numb to her surroundings. This is it, she thought as she held the rabbit she caught close to her, in an attempt to comfort herself. Her eyes closed. She was ready to accept her fate. The snow began to cover the viscet.

There was a bright, flickering light as Althea opened her eyes. She found herself in a warm cave. There was a lantern against the walls, and next to it lay her rabbit. Her body was weak and she could only just manage to lift her head. Where am I? She questioned. Outside, she could see that it was still dark and gloomy outside, with only a few rays of light in the sky. Surely, it was safe to leave now. The viscet struggled to her feet. Tentatively, she put one trembling paw in front of the other. Then fell. Underneath her was the smooth, cold floor of the cave; no longer was it the warm bed of leaves that she felt comfortable in. But then she realised, she never made a bed. Or found a cave. Someone had brought her here. The memories of being lost in the storm flooded her mind.
"Ah, you're awake," a voice said from behind her. It certainly wasn't a viscet that she knew. But now she was too tired to lift her head. "I found you out in the blizzard, buried under the snow. You're lucky that I found you," the voice continued.
"Why did you save me?" Althea asked.
"I rescue others who are lost in these mountains, just like you," the stranger became quieter and the viscet could hear his voice shake. Large paws stepped in front of her. Her eyes followed the long legs upwards, to see the other viscet stood over her. "You'll need to rest for a few days, but I must go now," the male said as he left. He never came back. Three days had passed and Althea had recovered most of her strength. It almost seemed unreal to meet them. But her father had told her a story when she was a viscling. That he was saved by an old, lone viscet. She had always thought it to be just a story, but clearly it was not. Then she remembered her family. Althea had been lost for days. They would be worried about her. Maybe they thought that the snow storm claimed her life. The black viscet picked up her rabbit and walked out of the cave. She didn't know where she was. Further down the mountain there was a partially frozen river. She knew that there was also a river that flowed by her house. So, she wandered down to it. The land seemed to be devoid of life, apart from two birds that she heard singing. After what felt like hours of traveling, she saw her house on the horizon. Althea had never felt so much relief and comfort just from looking at her home. Her legs struggled to carry her; it was still cold with a thick blanket of snow on the floor and she had walked for a long time. Finally, she reached the old wooden door and pushed it open, creaking just like the floor boards. Knowing she was safe, the viscet let herself fall, too tired to stand. Her mother rushed towards her, crying like Althea had never heard before. She was carried to her bed of blankets in another room.
"I thought you were dead," her mother sobbed and held the black viscet close. She was considering telling her about all that had happened, but did not want to upset her more. Then her mother stood. Althea felt chilled as a cold breeze swept over her, but she froze as her mother gasped. "What happened to you?" She whispered, her eyes fearful as if she saw a monster and not her own daughter. The young viscet looked at her, confused. Her mother left and came back with a cracked mirror. Then she understood. Some of her left ear had been torn away and there was a scar on it which resembled teeth marks. Someone had bit her ear off. The only culprit she could think of was the viscet who rescued her. But they wanted to save her. Surely there was a reason for it. She remembered her ear feeling numb while out hunting.
"I had frostbite. Someone found me and must have removed my ear," the viscet said to her mother, her voice lacking any obvious emotions.
"And your legs?" Her mother questioned. Looking down at her legs, Althea saw the scars. They weren't too severe but a few around her feet stood out; it was obvious that they would be permanent.
"I ran through some thorns to catch a rabbit," she replied, "and I fell off a cliff." There was a fairly large scar on the base of her tail, as well as on her shoulder and hind leg. They were too large to be from the bushes and the viscet would not have left marks like those. Since then, she walked with a limp on her left leg. After that day, the scarred viscet became cold and bitter towards others, even her own family. She believed that she was a hideous monster and that she was no longer loved by anyone except her father. Because of this, she fell into depression.

Two years passed. By now, Althea's father had recovered though he was still weak. So she still helped out with hunting. He had taught her to use her weapons instead of chasing her prey down. The more hunts she completed, the more her ambition grew. Althea felt like she needed to do something bigger. There was a desire to improve her skills with weapons. Hunting could not do that. She was sat at home when there was a knock at the door. Her father went out to greet the visitor, another viscet. Althea listened to them.
"I have come in search of a young viscet who would serve my lord's kingdom," he explained, "we are in need of more fighters."
"Well, there's no-one here for you," her father snapped and slammed the door shut. Althea looked out of the dusty window at the new viscet. She held her paw up and mouthed the word wait to him. Quietly, she approached her parent.
"I'd like to go with him," she said, shaking nervously. He was already angry. But she did not understand why.
"No," he said, glaring at his child, his voice stern. Althea sighed and stared at the floor. Something snapped inside of her.
"I'm old enough to make my own choices," her eyes burned with her own fury and defiance as she met eyes with him, "it's what I want to do, I want to fight." Her father did not reply. He was shocked that his darling little girl had turned against him. His sweet, innocent child had changed. The viscet simply turned and walked out of the house. She stood in front of the stranger and simply nodded. Althea was ready to leave. The pair wandered away from her home and far away. In the middle of nowhere, they traveled through a dense forest. There was only a small dirt path that weaved through endless layers of trees and lush bushes. Overhead, the branches curled to form an arch. Hardly any rays of light could pass through the canopy. The air was slightly warmer here, different to the constant winter of Althea's home. A red squirrel sat in a tree but was startled by the warning calls of birds. Then, a group of three viscets emerged from the darkness. Their eyes gleamed with greed as they circled the pair.
"I'd like to ask you to hand over all of your items," the leader said coldly, "or else." The viscet Althea traveled with went to put down her bag, but Althea pushed her back. The only thing Althea had was her father's crossbow. It was old and would be worth some money, but the memories were worth more, for she may never return home.
"No," she said with confidence. For a moment, the group seemed shocked; they then started to laugh menacingly as they closed in on the two of them. The black viscet moved to stand in front of her companion, lashing her tail. She hesitated to take out her crossbow, giving the opportunity for the attackers to grab it. It was swiftly thrown into the distance, out of sight. The swipe was followed up with a scratch across her face, creating three deep wounds on her snout. The defender hardly flinched as she seemed to dance in their stand-off, her black pelt mottled with rays of light. On the outside she looked brave, but deep inside, her heart raced with terror. One viscet charged at her from behind. A powerful strike from her tail sent them crashing to the floor. The remaining two glanced at each other, concerned. Maybe they had under-estimated how easy it would to be steal from them. The leader darted past her. When Althea turned to face them, she felt a heavy weight against her. The other viscet had managed to pin her to a tree while she was distracted. She struggled to break free. Her eyes closed as a paw reached for her left eye. A single claw managed to sink into her skin, the surrounding two just grazing her face, due to her recoiling away from the blow. Her eye burned with pain and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't open them. Every time they would flicker shut. But from the fragments of moments they were open, she saw light, and she knew that she was not blind. Being unable to see would crush her. She felt a bite on her neck. This was not a fight that she could win. The female waited to accept her demise.

But once again, she felt light and free. She turned her head and examined her surroundings with her uninjured eye. The messenger she was traveling with had caught the two attackers off-guard. He put his two daggers, glistening red, away.
"Thank you," Althea said, her eyes wide. She thought the messenger was defenseless but he just saved her life.
"You fought well," the male replied and smiled, "with those skills the king would be mad not to take you in."
"T-thank you," the viscet stuttered as she thanked him again. She was embarrassed to have such praise. With that, the pair continued on their venture. Eventually, they stood at the gates of a large, towering kingdom. Its watchtowers seemed to touch the sky as it was so tall. The wooden drawbridge lowered to allow them to enter. They walked through the town, along the gravel path. Many of the residents were watching. The two dark viscets made their way towards the castle. At the entrance, they passed two heavily armoured guards with swords. Their presence made Althea feel nervous. A red carpet was underfoot, soft and warm. Banners hung from the heightened ceiling. On the throne sat a white viscet. Althea's companion motioned for her to stop as he continued towards the king.
"Your Highness," the messenger spoke, "I have brought this one to you, they wish to be a knight."
"Have they trained?" The king questioned, his voice deep but almost flat.
"I believe not," he glanced back at her, then she shook her head, "but they fight well. We were attacked by rogues and she helped to fight them off." Althea thought to herself. In reality, she hardly did anything. Her thoughts ended when she noticed a silence as the king stared at her.
"What is your name?" The royal viscet asked.
"Althea," she replied.
"Well, Althea," his eyes examined the female in front of him, "have our healer treat your wounds and rest. Your training begins tomorrow." She quickly nodded, then turned and left. It was strange for the king to accept her so easily, maybe they were desperately short of fighters. The messenger guided her towards the healer's house. After giving her a bag of coins so she could pay for a room to stay in, he left. It only took a few minutes for the new viscet to clean and bandage her wounds. They also gave her a bag of medicine. Althea was exhausted after her long travel. She headed for the inn as quickly as she could and as soon as she lay down, she was asleep. The next morning she was woken by the inn owner. They told her that there was someone waiting for her. When she was ready, Althea left. Of course, it was the messenger. He took her to the training grounds. There were other viscets who seemed nervous, probably new like her. The rest were all trained knights. Each knight took a new recruit to train. Althea was last. A wide, towering viscet stepped forwards. He was clearly the biggest here. His shadow loomed over the smaller viscet, who was trembling with fear.
"Come," was all that her new mentor said. They walked to an open space in the sandy training area. He showed Althea the weapon's rack. Her eyes widened as she looked over all of the blades. The electric feeling of excitement filled her body as she felt the over-whelming desire to pick up each and every one of them. One day, she thought. For now she had to focus. She picked up a sword, it was smaller and fairly lighter than the rest. Her mentor had chosen a lengthy great-sword. It looked incredibly heavy and the viscet stared in wonder, trying to figure out how he could hold it. The huge viscet motioned for her to attack him. Without thinking, she swung her sword directly at him. The two blades clashed and she almost fell over from the strength of resistance she felt. They dueled for some time. With each swing, Althea improved. The more experienced viscet was still more skilled than her though. He had switched to two daggers after tiring from wielding the heavy weapon. Althea found it difficult to counter her trainer, he was more agile now. Once, he managed to catch her neck with his daggers. It was not dangerous, but Althea knew it would be more scars. There was a rage that built inside of her. She was tired of earning scars, it wasn't what she wanted. Her energy had been renewed by her fury. This gave her the edge that she needed as she attacked the male with a new ferocity. He quickly became over-powered by the smaller viscet, crashing to the floor. The training area became silent as the others had noticed. The king, who had been watching the whole time from his stand, called for Althea. The two stepped into a private area.
"That was my strongest knight," he said, "and you managed to defeat him."
"I," she paused to think and changed her words, "yes."
"So, I think it's clear that you are worthy of becoming a knight," the king smiled as he looked down at the younger viscet, who was now staring at him. Her wide yellow and red eyes seemed to shine with joy.
"Thank you," she bowed her head. They began to walk back to the stand.
"There is a blacksmith over there, I would like you to visit her for your armour," he pointed towards a forge just on the edge of the town. Althea was dismissed and she ran to the forge.

She stood in the scorching heat that surrounded the forge. The blacksmith came to greet her.
"I'm in need of some armour," Althea said.
"Sure, anything specific?" The new female said, turning to find some for the viscet.
"Not really," she replied. With that, the viscet was presented with various types of armour. There was every type of armour; leather, chain mail, metal and more. Althea tried on all of these. She didn't like the feel of the leather armour, although she liked how light it was. The chain mail was something she couldn't stand, the links bothered her too much. The first set of metal armour she tried on was too heavy for her. The last set she tried saw was a set of leather armour. It was pure black, and Althea knew she had to have it. But it was no different in feel to the other leather armour, which she hated.
"I can have a custom one made for you," the blacksmith said after seeing Althea's disappointment. Later that day, Althea was presented with a set of armour. It was black with grey lines embroidered on it. There was a mask, a tail guard, and pieces for her legs. The piece for her front legs had red patterning on them, unlike the rest of her armour. It was still leather, but the inside was made of a different material. For once it was comfortable.
"Thank you," Althea said happily.
"You're welcome, we can meet up tomorrow if you like," the blacksmith grinned before returning to smithing. It was late evening when Althea was told to come to the castle. The town had gathered in the grounds outside of the castle. The king stood on a stand with his knights and the viscets who trained with her. One by one, the king told them to stand before him. Althea stepped in front of the royal viscet when it was her turn. The king asked her to swear an oath to him. That she would remain loyal and honest. After she swore her oath, the king tapped his sword on each of her shoulders. She then joined the others and waited for the accolade to be completed. It did not take long and they soon celebrated with a feast. Now that she had her knighting ceremony she was officially a knight. Over time, Althea and the blacksmith became close friends. But a dark threat was watching over the kingdom.

Late one summer night, Althea was awoken by the screaming of the villagers. She had been sleeping in the barracks since becoming a knight. Her and the other knights rushed to put on their armour. Taking her crossbow that she still had, once owned by her father, she walked outside. The town was set ablaze. The warm weather helped to spread the fire. For a moment she was mesmerized, watching the flames flicker. She came crashing back to reality when her blacksmith friend ran into her.
"Don't just stand there!" Her friend shouted. Overhead, a dragon circled. Its screeching roar echoed in her ears. A quieter one responded, it must be the other one's child. The black viscet aimed at the larger beast and shot. It noticed her, out of everyone in the town, and landed before her. The strength of its beating wings created a gust that pushed her backwards. The dragon breathed fire, hotter than any she had felt before. In an effort to protect herself, she placed her tail over her head. The leather armour didn't do much but it was something. A swift movement of its head made her leap to the side, trying to avoid the attack. Her eyes narrowed as she looked up. In the dragon's mouth, lay her friend. She thrashed wildly and screamed in pain before the dragon took off. Althea couldn't think. Her heart shattered as her one and only friend, her best friend, was taken away. She was gone. Althea simply gave up. She collapsed to the floor, wailing. Tears poured out of her eyes as if they were broken dams. The broken viscet called out for her friend, begging for her to come back. The world around her seemed to slow, almost halting. Then, all of a sudden, time returned to normal. The air was knocked out of her as claws sunk into her tail. Looking down, the ground beneath her grew distant. Quickly, she looked up and, through her teary eyes, saw the young dragon. The viscet twisted and bit into the dragon's leg, but its thick scales protected it from harm. She reached for her crossbow, still attached to her by a strap. It took a while to load it due to being shook by the dragon. But when it was ready, she shot at the dragons face. It cried out and circled downwards. Althea felt the dragon let go of her. She fell. The smoke filled sky was all she saw, she didn't dare to look down. The adult dragon passed over her to comfort its child. The black viscet saw another body fall. Her friend, lifeless. Shock filled her momentarily as she hit the floor, which felt as hard as iron. But then everything went black.

Waking up, Althea saw her best friend. Unable to stand, she dragged her heavy body towards her. She quietly called her friend's name, expecting her to wake up. But she didn't. The dark viscet simply put her head on her, crying. She took the piercing that her friend had. And then she waited for someone to come find her, lost under the starry sky.

Althea was carried back to the ruined town. She watched as her friend was buried. The viscet did not move for the entire night, nor did she sleep. The next day she managed to find someone who pierced her lip so that she could wear her friend's piercing. But after that she refused to go outside. It took months for her to heal. The scars from the dragon or her fall did not vanish, and serve only as a constant reminder of that night. Her limp became worse, so she could not fight as well as she used to. On the night of her friend's death, she promised to avenge her death by slaying the dragon that killed her. Althea became a dragon hunter. She searches the lands for the dragon, but still she has not found it. Her armour is hardly ever removed, in memory of her friend. The loss of her friend made her turn everyone away, she has isolated herself from others in the fear that she will lose anyone close to her.

Ambitious;;
Althea is determined to complete any goals she sets herself. She has
a great desire to succeed at everything she does. She often thinks
and dreams big.
Brave;;
This viscet won't back down in a frightening situation. She may be
scared, but she refuses to let it show.
Honest;;
She struggles to lie to anyone's face, which also means she can't
keep secrets very well; unless it is extremely important for her
task. Being dishonest makes her feel horribly guilty. Ask for her
thoughts and she'll give you a brutally honest opinion.
Obedient;;
From those of a respectable rank or status, Althea will take
orders without second thoughts. In a tense situation she
will do as she is told.
Idealistic;;
Althea is constantly trying to live up to impossible expectations.
She feels as if she must be perfect.
Judgemental;;
In over words, she judges a book by it's cover. Her thoughts on
others are strongly based on her first meeting with them. She
also judges how others perform and usually compares herself
to them.
Reckless;;
One of her flaws is that she shows a lack of concern for
possible consequences of her actions. She is not observant
and doesn't think plans through. This trait often gets her
into trouble.
Selfish;;
If she wants something, it's all hers. There's very little chance
that she will ever share something out of kindness.
Sensitive;;
Small things upset this viscet. She is most sensitive about
her appearance or others' opinions of her. Even 'silly' insults
deeply hurt her.
Stubborn;;
If she wants to do something, she will do it. It's either her
way or no way. It's difficult to come to an agreement with
her. Althea refuses to give up on what she wants just
for someone else.
Unfriendly;;
Althea doesn't have the best social skills and will come across
as hostile during encounters. She prefers to be alone and as
such she doesn't know how to act around others, so she will
try to push them away instead.
Untrusting;;
While she may be willing to prove herself as trustworthy, she
does not trust others. She is anxious about others betraying
her and will often over-think it.
 Weapons
Hunting
Walking
Fighting
Being alone
Sound of thunder
Rain
Spring
Dreaming
Watching fire
Poetry
 Her scars
Blizzards
Heavy armour
Mounts
Meeting new people
Being overly praised
Sharing
Dishonesty
Dragons
Flying
Having responsibilities
Long journeys
Darkness

Avenging;;
After her friend was killed by a dragon, she
wishes to avenge her death by slaying that
dragon.
Master All Weapons;;
One of Althea's main goals in life is to become
a master of all weapons. She has a desire to
learn how to use every weapon.
Losing Loved Ones;;
Just like anyone else, she has a fear of losing
anyone close to her. This is one of the main
reasons for Althea trying to isolate herself.
Not Having Purpose;;
Althea fears not having a purpose in life. She
feels as if she must do something important
for the world.
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 43 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me