Artist ArtGirl [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ArtGirl

~❊~ #25 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby ArtGirl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:07 pm

I was cleaning out one of the horses stalls when I looked through the window and saw some ranchers running through the barn. Curiously I walk outside and saw a couple of ranchers leading a wounded horse towards the veterinarian clinic and one of them carrying a hurt foal. As we waited for the vets to finish bandaging the horses the men who found them told us what happened.
They said that they were tracking one of the herds of horses in the area when they found the Mare with her foal trying to fight off a pack of wolves. The mare was already exhausted from the fight and had wolves all around, biting at her legs and trying to get to the foal. Knowing she couldn't keep up the fight too much longer they immediately scared off the wolves and loaded the horses into their trailer.
Just then the vet came out and said that the foal was weak and seriously cut up. One of the wolves had bit a chunk out of it's thigh but he said that it would heal with time and that the foal was going to be fine.
He continued that the mare had taken a lot of damage from the fight and was very weak. On top of the cuts and bruises one of the wolves managed to scratch her eye bad enough that she would have permanent blindness. She also had a limp when she walked caused by a very small crack in her hip. He finished by saying that all of her injuries would heal with time and that they were both going to need caring homes that would be able to give them the time and love they need to heal.
A couple days later the results of the wolf populations came back and showed a huge rise in the areas population. After that a team was gathered to relocate almost 600 wolves and after a couple weeks there wasn't any more horses found injured from wolf attacks.

Rarity: Rare

Username: imakilljoywannabe
Name: Rufio
Show Name: Join Me in Neverland
Height: Currently 8 hh, will grow to be about 14.9 hh
Genetics: EE/aa/nO/nG
Halter: Medium Green
Care Plan:

The Wounds
Clearly after the wolf attack Rufio will need some intensive care. The first order of business would be getting him vaccinated by the vet and have his cuts cleaned to prevent any infection. It's important to be sure no viruses enter his system while he is in such a weak state. He would be bandaged wherever necessary, and the wounds would be redressed every eight hours. Once at 5 AM, again at 1 PM, and once more at 9 PM every day. Antibacterials would also be applied at each redressing to further reduce any risk of infection. This would go on until his wounds have healed at least 3/4 of the way, at which point the redressings would decrease to once a day. However, the anti-bacterials would be used consistently from start to finish. His thigh would also receive even more treatment, since that was one of the most injured areas. He would be fed the necessary medicine to keep his pain minimal, and would be kept in a clean resting area until he was stronger. He'd also later on receive some physical therapy for his leg to ensure it heals properly and he is back up and running like a normal foal.

The Weight
Due to the severity of his wounds, it is highly likely that under a normal diet he would quickly lose weight as his body struggled to heal. Therefore I would enquire with the vet as to the recommended amount of food he should be given. He would nurse from his mother until he was old enough for oats, at which point he would be switched to a feed rich in nutrients and necessary fat content to keep him at a healthy weight level. As his wounds healed we'd level off his diet accordingly until he was healthy and well-balanced.

Socialization
It is well known in psychology that a mother is an important part of helping children learn to socialize and explore unfamiliar surroundings. For a while he and his mother would go out to the pasture alone, to allow him time to get used to his new surroundings. The next step would be to introduce a single other horse to the equation. Rufio would likely be scared at first, but with his mother as a familiar and comforting home base where he could feel safe and secure, he would start to explore. It would be gradual, but at some point he would be willing to go up and engage with the other horse. Once that has been accomplished and he has become more comfortable with a single adult horse, we would exchange that adult for a foal. The same process would be repeated, during which Rufio would hopefully develop a friendship with the other foal and learn the rules of play. With this new friend and Rufio's mother remaining with him we would start to add more horses to the mix. Firs it would be the original adult horse, who would be there with Rufio's foal friend. As he becomes comfortable we'd gradually add more and more horses until he felt safe and comfortable even within a heard of horses. The next, crucial step would be to teach him that he can still be safe around these horses without his mother. We would once again revert to just the original adult horse and Rufio's mother. At a certain time into the interactions, we would lead Rufio's mother out. This might scare him, but his mother would return a mere five minutes later and once again be his protective rock. These intervals would increase until Rufio was comfortable around one horse without his mother. Then we would once again introduce the foal, following the same steps. We would then gradually add more horses, repeating the process until at last Rufio is comfortable around many horses even without his mother beside him.

Bonding With Humans
Rufio will undoubtedly be wary of humans. Despite the fact that humans saved him, as a wild foal he's never encountered them before.Too much noise and activity from humans would probably scare him, adding extra stress that is problematic for his recovery. At first he would be kept in a quiet stall with his mother, until we felt he was ready to move into the normal barn area. His first introductions to humans besides myself and the vet would be to close family friends that know how to act around wild and skittish horses. As he becomes more comfortable he'd also be introduced to other friends that know a little about horses, but not much about how to behave around a nervous one. All the interaction would start with someone he trusts beside him while he meets a new person, and would gradually work up to being left alone for short periods of time with the "new" people. Only once he was comfortable there would he move up to a new kind of person. The number of people allowed to be around him at once would start at two, and only every few weeks would it be able to go up one person, with a maximum of 5 people near him at once until he is full grown.

Getting Over the Fear of Dogs
He will almost definitely be afraid of canines after such a traumatic experience involving the wolf pack. However, dogs are everywhere, and a fear of them could lead to some serous problems later on. His first reintroduction to dogs would be with a small stuffed toy resembling a dog. It would be left in his stall for increasing periods of time to allow him to poke at it and sniff it. When he's comfortable with the small toy we'd move to life-size stuffed dog and repeat the same process. When it comes time to introduce him to a real dog, the first meeting will be between an extremely relaxed dog who will remain outside his stall door, but close enough that Rufio can get a good look at it or even sniff at it. If he starts to show more relaxed behaviour well bump it up to him meeting the dog with an open stall door. The dog will remain on a leash at all times during this part of the process to ensure no harm can come to Rufio. The next level will be an interaction with the dog inside the stall while still on a leash, before finally progressing to a single dog inside the stall off-leash. These steps would all be completed with the same, extremely relaxed dog. Every few times the dog shows up, Rufio will get a sugar cube so that he starts to associate good things with dogs rather than bad things. Alas, the work would not be done. He would need to be comfortable around higher intensity dogs, and so the process would repeat with a medium-energy dog starting from sitting outside of the stall. Once he was comfortable there we would bring in the high-energy dog. Our final job would be to get him used to barking. At first we'd play soundtracks of it while feeding him treats like apples or carrots, before bringing in a life-size toy to be paired with the sounds. At long last we would bring in a real dog that barks a lot until he was finally okay with that too. We'd then vary dog sizes so that he would be comfortable with everything from chihuahuas to great danes. After that, his fear should mainly be gone, and he'll be well rounded and unafraid around canines.

Training
With all aspects of his recovery complete, Rufio would finally be able to begin training. Rufio would begin his training in a western discipline. I would probably start him in Calf Roping. We'd get him used to being ridden, and then accustomed to having a rope tossed from his back. This can be startling for a horse, seeing as the rope is coming from a blindspot. We'd next need to introduce him to calves, so that he feels comfortable around the animal. Once adjusted we'd start teaching him how to react when the rope has fallen around the calf. We'd teach him to brake when the rope touches the calf, which would tighten it and bring the calf to the ground so that he could be roped. We'd then go back to just horse and rider, and get him used to having his rider jump from his back quickly and running in front of him. After that we'd bring the calf back in and combine all of his training so that he is now an excellent calf-roping horse.

Art:
I'll add colour if I have the time later c: The mare he is standing behind is his mother, Edge of the Foothills/Alex, who is owned by Moonhigh!
Last edited by ArtGirl on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #25 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby KatLove » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Username:
Name:
Show Name:
Height:
Halter:
Care Plan:
Art:

yayyaa possible res
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Female - American - Animator
      Hi there! Im just a normal
      kid who likes animating!
      You can call me random
      things like Kat, Cat, KitKat,
      Lawnmover, and pretty
      much anything you want!

The art is made by ajohanna

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KatLove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Username: tomijojo
Name: foggy
Show Name: life or death is the question
Height: right now around 7-10hh and when older about 14.2hh
Halter: black with name on side with golden buckles
Care Plan:

I would have the vet take a look at him then help with all the treatments that are needed I would bottle feed him until able to be but back with mom ( who I also signed up for :) ). I would then after a week bring him home with mother unless he is not able too. I would then keep up his treatments and get him use to my place. I would then start training him like his mother and do what ever else I can to help him out to become a fine stallion when he grows up

Art: do we need it ??? If so I cant
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 am

Care Plan:

The Wounds
Clearly after the wolf attack Rufio will need some intensive care. The first order of business would be getting him vaccinated by the vet and have his cuts cleaned to prevent any infection. It's important to be sure no viruses enter his system while he is in such a weak state. He would be bandaged wherever necessary, and the wounds would be redressed every eight hours. Once at 5 AM, again at 1 PM, and once more at 9 PM every day. Antibacterials would also be applied at each redressing to further reduce any risk of infection. This would go on until his wounds have healed at least 3/4 of the way, at which point the redressings would decrease to once a day. However, the anti-bacterials would be used consistently from start to finish. His thigh would also receive even more treatment, since that was one of the most injured areas. He would be fed the necessary medicine to keep his pain minimal, and would be kept in a clean resting area until he was stronger. He'd also later on receive some physical therapy for his leg to ensure it heals properly and he is back up and running like a normal foal.

The Weight
Due to the severity of his wounds, it is highly likely that under a normal diet he would quickly lose weight as his body struggled to heal. Therefore I would enquire with the vet as to the recommended amount of food he should be given. He would nurse from his mother until he was old enough for oats, at which point he would be switched to a feed rich in nutrients and necessary fat content to keep him at a healthy weight level. As his wounds healed we'd level off his diet accordingly until he was healthy and well-balanced.

Socialization
It is well known in psychology that a mother is an important part of helping children learn to socialize and explore unfamiliar surroundings. For a while he and his mother would go out to the pasture alone, to allow him time to get used to his new surroundings. The next step would be to introduce a single other horse to the equation. Rufio would likely be scared at first, but with his mother as a familiar and comforting home base where he could feel safe and secure, he would start to explore. It would be gradual, but at some point he would be willing to go up and engage with the other horse. Once that has been accomplished and he has become more comfortable with a single adult horse, we would exchange that adult for a foal. The same process would be repeated, during which Rufio would hopefully develop a friendship with the other foal and learn the rules of play. With this new friend and Rufio's mother remaining with him we would start to add more horses to the mix. Firs it would be the original adult horse, who would be there with Rufio's foal friend. As he becomes comfortable we'd gradually add more and more horses until he felt safe and comfortable even within a heard of horses. The next, crucial step would be to teach him that he can still be safe around these horses without his mother. We would once again revert to just the original adult horse and Rufio's mother. At a certain time into the interactions, we would lead Rufio's mother out. This might scare him, but his mother would return a mere five minutes later and once again be his protective rock. These intervals would increase until Rufio was comfortable around one horse without his mother. Then we would once again introduce the foal, following the same steps. We would then gradually add more horses, repeating the process until at last Rufio is comfortable around many horses even without his mother beside him.

Bonding With Humans
Rufio will undoubtedly be wary of humans. Despite the fact that humans saved him, as a wild foal he's never encountered them before.Too much noise and activity from humans would probably scare him, adding extra stress that is problematic for his recovery. At first he would be kept in a quiet stall with his mother, until we felt he was ready to move into the normal barn area. His first introductions to humans besides myself and the vet would be to close family friends that know how to act around wild and skittish horses. As he becomes more comfortable he'd also be introduced to other friends that know a little about horses, but not much about how to behave around a nervous one. All the interaction would start with someone he trusts beside him while he meets a new person, and would gradually work up to being left alone for short periods of time with the "new" people. Only once he was comfortable there would he move up to a new kind of person. The number of people allowed to be around him at once would start at two, and only every few weeks would it be able to go up one person, with a maximum of 5 people near him at once until he is full grown.

He will almost definitely be afraid of canines after such a traumatic experience involving the wolf pack. However, dogs are everywhere, and a fear of them could lead to some serous problems later on. His first reintroduction to dogs would be with a small stuffed toy resembling a dog. It would be left in his stall for increasing periods of time to allow him to poke at it and sniff it. When he's comfortable with the small toy we'd move to life-size stuffed dog and repeat the same process. When it comes time to introduce him to a real dog, the first meeting will be between an extremely relaxed dog who will remain outside his stall door, but close enough that Rufio can get a good look at it or even sniff at it. If he starts to show more relaxed behaviour well bump it up to him meeting the dog with an open stall door. The dog will remain on a leash at all times during this part of the process to ensure no harm can come to Rufio. The next level will be an interaction with the dog inside the stall while still on a leash, before finally progressing to a single dog inside the stall off-leash. These steps would all be completed with the same, extremely relaxed dog. Every few times the dog shows up, Rufio will get a sugar cube so that he starts to associate good things with dogs rather than bad things. Alas, the work would not be done. He would need to be comfortable around higher intensity dogs, and so the process would repeat with a medium-energy dog starting from sitting outside of the stall. Once he was comfortable there we would bring in the high-energy dog. Our final job would be to get him used to barking. At first we'd play soundtracks of it while feeding him treats like apples or carrots, before bringing in a life-size toy to be paired with the sounds. At long last we would bring in a real dog that barks a lot until he was finally okay with that too. We'd then vary dog sizes so that he would be comfortable with everything from chihuahuas to great danes. After that, his fear should mainly be gone, and he'll be well rounded and unafraid around canines.

Training
With all aspects of his recovery complete, Rufio would finally be able to begin training. Rufio would begin his training in a western discipline. I would probably start him in Calf Roping. We'd get him used to being ridden, and then accustomed to having a rope tossed from his back. This can be startling for a horse, seeing as the rope is coming from a blindspot. We'd next need to introduce him to calves, so that he feels comfortable around the animal. Once adjusted we'd start teaching him how to react when the rope has fallen around the calf. We'd teach him to brake when the rope touches the calf, which would tighten it and bring the calf to the ground so that he could be roped. We'd then go back to just horse and rider, and get him used to having his rider jump from his back quickly and running in front of him. After that we'd bring the calf back in and combine all of his training so that he is now an excellent calf-roping horse.

Art:
I'll add colour if I have the time later c: The mare he is standing behind is his mother, Edge of the Foothills/Alex, who is owned by Moonhigh!
Last edited by imakilljoywannabe on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage╔══════════════════════════╗
-Art Shop-Characters-Kleeare Herd-BWSDA Kennel-DA-Writing-Avatar Credit-
╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗
Hey there! I'm imakilljoywannabe!
Gravity Falls//MLP//Pokémon//danisnotonfire
Female//Straight

╚══════════════════════╝
ImageImage
imakilljoywannabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Username:
.Taz.
Name:
Trinity
Show Name:
The broken Diamond
Height:
Current height is unknown, will grow to be 17.1hh
Halter:
Faded red with silver buckles
Care Plan:

|NOTE TO GROOMS|
Trinity is a very special filly that requires extra attention. Her mother got seperated from her when wolves attacked, thus the wounds. She requires one groom outside her stall that frequently checks on her to see if she is alright. Who knows if something goes wrong. I need one groom to take care of her bandages when I'm caring for the other sick horses. Tie her up, gently, and start soaking the wounds in disinfectint. After that, bandage each cut seperatly so they have time to heal on their own. Repeat this every two or so days until they start to scar. When this happens, leave the bandages off but still keep Trinity in the stall. The wounds would need air but they are still too soft to be able to stretch when trinity is running. Soon we would need to start her rehabilitation. I would like a groom to visit her a lot during the day so she gets used to being handled. If we ever want to find a good home for her, Trinity needs to learn humans are here to help her, not hurt her. Once she finally accepts us, we can let her outside into a small pen. This would be a few days - a week after her last wounds scar. In the pen, she can get used to her surroundings while exercising. When let outside, Trinity must ALWAYS wear a halter and must ALWAYS have at least one professional groom watching over her. Anything can go wrong. Now, after trinity grows up, we will start to break her in. But that is not for you guys to worry about. I know what I'm doing. Other than that, continue with your regular jobs!
Art:
Last edited by Tazaria on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:46 am

The end date has been changed to the 21st to give everyone more time to get there art and forms ready. Also art is required in this comp. If you can't make any you are free to order some as long as you credit them.

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Small bump o.o
ImageImage╔══════════════════════════╗
-Art Shop-Characters-Kleeare Herd-BWSDA Kennel-DA-Writing-Avatar Credit-
╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗
Hey there! I'm imakilljoywannabe!
Gravity Falls//MLP//Pokémon//danisnotonfire
Female//Straight

╚══════════════════════╝
ImageImage
imakilljoywannabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtGirl » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:20 pm

imakilljoywannabe wrote:
Care Plan:

The Wounds

The Weight

Socialization

Bonding With Humans

Training

Art:

Winner :)

ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:41 am