~❊~ #21 Midnight Stallions ~❊~ by ArtGirl

Based on Click to view
Artist ArtGirl [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

~❊~ #21 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby ArtGirl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Everyone started gathering again in the driveway as the vets rushed out into the driveway. This time a beautiful horse was unloaded out of the trailer limping, cut up and scared to death. They managed to get the horse into the veterinarian office and the horse collapsed. After a while the vet came out and said that it was another wolf attack. Everyone was surprised because it's very rare for the wolves to go after full grown healthy horses. He continued to say that the horse had been through extreme trauma and had a hurt leg that was almost broke. They bandaged him/her up and put the horse in a stall in a sling to recuperate and keep it off of the bad leg.
A couple days later because of the increase in wolf attacks a team was send out to study the wolf population in the area. Everyone waited anxiously wondering what the results would show.
Many of the ranchers tried to feed and pet the horse but it was scared of everything and would start trying to get free of the sling even after several days. Everyone wondered if the horse would ever recuperate from the attack.

Rarity: Rare

Username:
.Taz.
Name:
Survivor
Show Name:
I'm the Survivor
Height:
16.2hh
Genetics:
EE/AtAt/nSb/RbRb/nG
Training Rank:
Halter:
White with red crosses on the cheek strap and silver buckles please.
Care Plan:

I sit at my desk, my head was clouded with worry as I kept thinking of that stallion. His wounds held many stories and sorrow behind them. I wanted to free him. From his pain and miserable life. I'm going to adopt him.

Care Plan For Survivor:

Part 1, Managing the Wounds:
When we unload him from the trailer he will probably be quiet stressed out. The vets will only give him a brief look over to see if he got anymore hurt before leaving. Me and a couple of grooms will guide/lead Survivor to the medical stalls. A special place I specifically placed in the blueprints of the barn to be made. It has been very handy. We will then take off the standard vet blanket, uncovering more wounds of course, before quietly and calmly apply special antiseptic. That will make sure no infection starts up. I will then fill up the trough with water and give him some oats, adding a couple of carrots on top to cheer him up. I will then assign two grooms to take turns staying awake to watch him, just invade something goes wrong. In the morning I will get out my bandage kit. The antiseptic would have finally worked its magic, protecting the wounds from infection, so I can now bandage the wounds up. After I have bandaged the stallion up I will give him some time alone. He has probably by now recovered from his initial shock and pain enough to start panicking if I get too near. He needs time to work out where he is.

Part 2, Creating the Bond:
When two days have passed, I would probably make my move. I would stand by the stall door, waiting for his reaction. He may stand in one corner, completely ignoring me or he may stand their, frozen with fear. If either of those possibilities occur I would grab an apple and hold it out to him. He may refuse or may accept. There is no way I can tell. If he takes it I may be able to persuade him to take another Apple from me. If he refuses the first Apple I would half drop/roll on the ground closer to the stallion. There I'm guessing he will take it. After a couple of days of doing this, I will, try and touch him. I would lead him out into the round pen and let him loose. He may canter around or he may stand frozen, again, I cannot tell what he will do. If he canters around, I will get his attention by dropping some apples on the ground. Apples to him = Safe. If he takes them, I will slowly inch my way closer, with another Apple in my hand. If he stays I will slowly let him take the Apple from my hand, reaching out with my other to touch his mane. If he lets me, I know he trusts me. If he shys away, I will roll the apple on the ground again. Repeating again what I have done before.

Part 3, Introducing Friends:
A horse is a herd animal, meaning they live in groups. Domesticated horses don't always need a big group of horses to keep them company but one paddock mate is enough to keep them happy. Now Survivor would need a paddock mate to reassure and calm him again. Yes I may have bonded with him a bit but now he needs to communicate with his own kind. I would probably pair him up with an older stallion/gelding. Someone who is a gentle giant to guide Him. I will lead Survivor out of the stall and into the small back paddock. The pasture is large enough to hold three reasonably big horses so I'm sure just two would be fine. The older stallion/gelding would already be in the paddock, grazing presumably. I would lead Survivor in, unclipping his lead but leaving his halter on for easy capturing. I would leave the paddock to watch them for a few minutes, just in case anything goes wrong. If nothing does, I will leave them be until tomorrow. If something does go wrong, I will take the old stallion to the paddock directly next to the Medium one so they can bond across the fence. If everything goes well I will let the old stallion back into the paddock with Survivor. If the second attempt does not work out I will switch the old stallion for another old stallion and repeat the steps. If the second attempt does work out, I will happily leave them the two together. Now I will not go into great detail with the getting the saddle on his back because he still has a long way to go before he trusts me enough. Plus his wounds would only just be healing up fully so I would not want for them to open up again with too much physical activity but from what I have heard, Survivor is already broken in.

~❊~What you can do with your horse~❊~
Create cool backgrounds for them.
Create items for your horse.
Decorate your horse.
Show your horse.
RP your horse.
Anything else not on the lower list (Just in case I forgot anything).

~❊~What you CAN NOT do with your horse~❊~
Remove Siggie.
Recreate horse in any way.
Anything against CMM's and CS's rules.
Last edited by ArtGirl on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #21 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby vixen; » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Username:
Name: Strom
Show Name: Through the Storm
Height: 16 hh
Halter: dark greem
Care Plan: ?
hi! i haven't been on this site in years. i'm pretty open to trading away my pets as i doubt that i will be on here again.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toffi~ » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Username: Fera
Name: Salomon
Show Name: BLs Darkest Hour
Height: 15.3 hh
Halter: Light broun leather with sheep wool pads at Nose and in the nack and silver eyelets

Care Plan:
To care for this horse, will not only to be needed physicaly care, but also psychologically and all of the same time, what seams to be very difficuld caus of the hurt leg.

The first step would be to give this hors someone to trust on, starting by beeing at his side all day and night. Sliping at the same place, slowly, day by day, geting closer. Trying to touch it and to make him feel safe.
During this time, there must be as less medical measures as possible to not interrupt this prosses of building up trust.

The next would be, the person of trust has to show the hors, nothing bad will happen to make further medical measures possible. It dose not need to be fully scareless, at least not that panic-stricken.

As soon as it can be mobilized again, the hors wil be treated as "normal" as possible. That means, tiny staps of floor exercises to keep it moving and further going trust. Hopefully this hors will get back to it`s old strangth.

Up no meather if it will or not, the going on depends on the horses development.
We will do our best to give him trust. If this will work, he will be trained in free riding, that means interacting with the Person of trust on the floor, respecting the hores will, abilitys, likes and comfortzone. Maybe even free riding without saddle and bridle, if that is possible.

If he will never become tamed again, he will be given a happy ever after, untouched, at our stud farm with an open paddock and other riding Horses as friends.
Toffi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 am

Username: imakilljoywannabe
Name: Kosen (Brave in Indonesian)
Show Name: Fighting Spirit
Halter: Dark mahogany red
Care Plan: Kosen's wounds would need to be redressed daily, including washing them and adding antibiotics to prevent infection. He would be fed oats high in nutrients to help with weight gain and to bring his vitamin levels back up. At first he would be visited every day by myself, gradually allowing him to get used to me. I would then take him out and walk him around for a little while, making sure he wasn't getting too tired. The vet would do daily checkups at first that would extend to weekly as Kosen's condition improved. I would start bolstering his social interaction by introducing him to another horse his age first that could act as a close friend and a sort of "security blanket" for him.. They would spend a specified amount of time together every day, and that would be Kosen's only horse-based social interaction until he was comfortable being around that horse. Once he has accepted them I would start letting them out with other horses for short periods of time. It would begin with about half an hour with only one other horse, but would gradually extend until he was sociable with other horses. His security blanket friend would then be removed from the situation for increasingly long periods of time, starting with ten minutes away from her a day and increasing until he was comfortable being left alone without them. With his social learning and health back up to normal levels, training would then begin. Slowly at first, to ensure his safety and comfort, but steadily getting more in depth as he grows. The next step would be getting him used to other people, so that he can learn to trust humans again. His first introductions would be to close family friends that know how to act around skittish horses. As he becomes more comfortable he'd also be introduced to other friends that know a little about horses, but not much about how to behave around a nervous one. All the interaction would start with someone he trusts beside him while he meets a new person, and would gradually work up to being left alone for short periods of time with the "new" people. Only once he was comfortable there would he move up to a new kind of person. The number of people allowed to be around him at once would start at two, and only every few months would it be able to go up one person. This would all be to ensure his comfort to the maximum level while still helping him make progress towards normal levels in all areas of his health.

I hope this care plan is alright! I really would want the baby to be completely comfortable so that he can recover faster and become stronger than before. c:

Good luck all!
ImageImage╔══════════════════════════╗
-Art Shop-Characters-Kleeare Herd-BWSDA Kennel-DA-Writing-Avatar Credit-
╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗
Hey there! I'm imakilljoywannabe!
Gravity Falls//MLP//Pokémon//danisnotonfire
Female//Straight

╚══════════════════════╝
ImageImage
imakilljoywannabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #21 Midnight Stallions ~

Postby Tazaria » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Username:
.Taz.
Name:
Survivor
Show Name:
I'm the Survivor
Height:
16.2hh
Halter:
Care Plan:

I sit at my desk, my head was clouded with worry as I kept thinking of that stallion. His wounds held many stories and sorrow behind them. I wanted to free him. From his pain and miserable life. I'm going to adopt him.

Care Plan For Survivor:

When we unload him from the trailer he will probably be quiet stressed out. The vets will only give him a brief look over to see if he got anymore hurt before leaving. Me and a couple of grooms will guide/lead Survivor to the medical stalls. A special place I specifically placed in the blueprints of the barn to be made. It has been very handy. We will then take off the standard vet blanket, uncovering more wounds of course, before quietly and calmly apply special antiseptic. That will make sure no infection starts up. I will then fill up the trough with water and give him some oats, adding a couple of carrots on top to cheer him up. I will then assign two grooms to take turns staying awake to watch him, just invade something goes wrong. In the morning I will get out my bandage kit. The antiseptic would have finally worked its magic, protecting the wounds from infection, so I can now bandage the wounds up. After I have bandaged the stallion up I will give him some time alone. He has probably by now recovered from his initial shock and pain enough to start panicking if I get too near. He needs time to work out where he is.

When two days have passed, I would probably make my move. I would stand by the stall door, waiting for his reaction. He may stand in one corner, completely ignoring me or he may stand their, frozen with fear. If either of those possibilities occur I would grab an apple and hold it out to him. He may refuse or may accept. There is no way I can tell. If he takes it I may be able to persuade him to take another Apple from me. If he refuses the first Apple I would half drop/roll on the ground closer to the stallion. There I'm guessing he will take it. After a couple of days of doing this, I will, try and touch him. I would lead him out into the round pen and let him loose. He may canter around or he may stand frozen, again, I cannot tell what he will do. If he canters around, I will get his attention by dropping some apples on the ground. Apples to him = Safe. If he takes them, I will slowly inch my way closer, with another Apple in my hand. If he stays I will slowly let him take the Apple from my hand, reaching out with my other to touch his mane. If he lets me, I know he trusts me. If he shys away, I will roll the apple on the ground again. Repeating again what I have done before.

A horse is a herd animal, meaning they live in groups. Domesticated horses don't always need a big group of horses to keep them company but one paddock mate is enough to keep them happy. Now Survivor would need a paddock mate to reassure and calm him again. Yes I may have bonded with him a bit but now he needs to communicate with his own kind. I would probably pair him up with an older stallion/gelding. Someone who is a gentle giant to guide Him. I will lead Survivor out of the stall and into the small back paddock. The pasture is large enough to hold three resonably big horses so I'm sure just two would be fine. The older stallion/gelding would already be in the paddock, grazing presumably. I would lead Survivor in, unclipping his lead but leaving his halter on for easy capturing. I would leave the paddock to watch them for a few minutes, just in case anything goes wrong. If nothing does, I will leave them be until tomorrow. If something does go wrong, I will take the old stallion to the paddock directly next to the Medium one so they can bond across the fence. If everything goes well I will let the old stallion back into the paddock with Survivor. If the second attempt does not work out I will switch the old stallion for another old stallion and repeat the steps. If the second attempt does work out, I will happily leave them the two together. Now I will not go into great detail with the getting the saddle on his back because he still has a long way to go before he trusts me enough. Plus his wounds would only just be healing up fully so I would not want for them to open up again with too much physical activity but from what I have heard, Survivor is already broken in.
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #21 Midnight Stallions ~

Postby ArtGirl » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:14 am

.Taz. wrote:
Username:
.Taz.
Name:
Survivor
Show Name:
I'm the Survivor
Height:
16.2hh
Halter:
Care Plan:

Care Plan For Survivor:

A horse is a herd animal, meaning they live in groups. Domesticated horses don't always need a big group of horses to keep them company but one paddock mate is enough to keep them happy. Now Survivor would need a paddock mate to reassure and calm him again. Yes I may have bonded with him a bit but now he needs to communicate with his own kind. I would probably pair him up with an older stallion/gelding. Someone who is a gentle giant to guide Him. I will lead Survivor out of the stall and into the small back paddock. The pasture is large enough to hold three reasonably big horses so I'm sure just two would be fine. The older stallion/gelding would already be in the paddock, grazing presumably. I would lead Survivor in, unclipping his lead but leaving his halter on for easy capturing. I would leave the paddock to watch them for a few minutes, just in case anything goes wrong. If nothing does, I will leave them be until tomorrow. If something does go wrong, I will take the old stallion to the paddock directly next to the Medium one so they can bond across the fence. If everything goes well I will let the old stallion back into the paddock with Survivor. If the second attempt does not work out I will switch the old stallion for another old stallion and repeat the steps. If the second attempt does work out, I will happily leave them the two together. Now I will not go into great detail with the getting the saddle on his back because he still has a long way to go before he trusts me enough. Plus his wounds would only just be healing up fully so I would not want for them to open up again with too much physical activity but from what I have heard, Survivor is already broken in.

Winner :) Great form! He will gradually be revealed over a weeks time.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Eek! I put so much effort in! Thank you! Survivor is my first Midnight Stallion!
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:41 pm

what is the rarity of this babe? if he is finished.
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes