Based on Click to view
Artist Skritnaja [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lampyrie #20

Postby Skritnaja » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 pm

What is a Lampyrie?
Closely related to the feline family, they have a body similar to the shape of a cat. They have tails like a firefly and small antennae on the top of their heads. Their tail, eyes and antennae let out an eerie glow that helps with navigation and hunting during the night. Lampyries live in large groups with other lampyries, but are normally hard to see because of their great speed.

So this is my first Lampyrie, and I fell a bit in love while designing it but I don't like keeping designs for myself, and I really wanted my first design to be an adoptable either way so:> Good luck with entries everyone.

This Lampyrie is from the Air Chore. To get him/her please use this form. You can fancy it up with coding but no extras are allowed.
The winner of this Lampyrie can request to get accessories added as long as these follow the rules on the Main Thread.

EDIT: Congratulations Rukipk.!
Rukipk. wrote:

Username:
      Rukipk.
      Lampyrie name:
      Cheras
      Short personality traits:
      Solitary- Cheras is quite a mystery; he would rather exist observing others instead of interacting with them. He's not really sociable and prefers keeping to himself
      Resolute- Cher has a strong will, and despite being looked down upon for his tendency to stay quiet, he still doesn't waver; he can't be influenced easily when it comes to his own purposes
      Abrupt- Due to his lack of communication, sometimes Cher doesn't recognize social cues that allow him to speak at a certain time. Whatever he says can come across as unexpected or blunt
      Energetic- Normally Cher is all over the place and becomes upbeat whenever something excites him. He makes an effort to tone down on this so he doesn't become too overbearing

Post a gif that you feel would represent the Air Chore nicely:

When I think of the Air Chore I put my focus more on the fact that they can change the seasons with their temperature control. The gif above is a representation of winter as well as a connection to Cheras' personality and design.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lampyrie name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Short personality traits:[/b]
[b]Post a gif that you feel would represent the Air Chore nicely:[/b]

End date: 21st of July 2014
The date will be extended just once if there's only 2 or less finnished forms. It won't be extended for long if that happens though.
Last edited by Skritnaja on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageArt by Winter ~ TH ~ Flight Rising ~ dA
Skritnaja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lampyrie #20

Postby ki-neko animura » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Username: ki-neko animura
Lampyrie name: Amun (God of wind and air)
- Controlling - Amun likes to have things his way and isn't afraid to make them that way.
- Tempermental - You would think an air chore Lampy would be calm well Amun isn't a normal air chore lampy. He has fiery outbursts and ups and downs.
- Protective - He is extremely protective to those he loves and understands him
I chose this image because it represents so much more than just the air chore. The gif above truely represents the collaboration between different chores. Without the air chore the flowers that the nature chore grow would not be able to expand. And without the nature chore to grow flowers such as this the air chore would not be needed.
may we explain why we chose the gif?
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Username: staz
    Lampyrie name: Aura
    latin; air, breeze, wind

solemn- as an air related individual Aura is generally calm and collected, keeping to himself and away from others
    mysterious- as a mute there is little he can tell people of his antiquities, and so he carries a generally mysterious presence
    unpredictable- few can understand the way he works unless they work to know him, and so much of what he does comes as a surprise to others

"The wind has gone many places and seen many beautiful and horrible things. And yet with it's incredible knowledge, it is unable to speak of it's experiences to anyone."
Last edited by PerfectWorld on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skritnaja » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 am

ki-neko animura wrote:may we explain why we chose the gif?

If you want to then sure:> It doesn't count as an extra and I'd love to read that too^^
Skritnaja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pk. » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Username:
      Rukipk.
      Lampyrie name:
      Cheras
      Solitary- Cheras is quite a mystery; he would rather exist observing others instead of interacting with them. He's not really sociable and prefers keeping to himself
      Resolute- Cher has a strong will, and despite being looked down upon for his tendency to stay quiet, he still doesn't waver; he can't be influenced easily when it comes to his own purposes
      Abrupt- Due to his lack of communication, sometimes Cher doesn't recognize social cues that allow him to speak at a certain time. Whatever he says can come across as unexpected or blunt
      Energetic- Normally Cher is all over the place and becomes upbeat whenever something excites him. He makes an effort to tone down on this so he doesn't become too overbearing

When I think of the Air Chore I put my focus more on the fact that they can change the seasons with their temperature control. The gif above is a representation of winter as well as a connection to Cheras' personality and design.
Last edited by Pk. on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pk.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Username:
Bati

Lampyrie name:
Chime
"Like beautiful sounds that float through the air, I think this name suits her.
The color the design and the way it seems to represent her."

Passionate, Determined, Dreamer, Quiet

Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skritnaja » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Last day to enter and/or edit forms, I'll judge it tomorrow:>
Skritnaja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leopia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:42 am

username
      starlight-lioness

lampyrie name
      tempest

personality
      • bold, outspoken, brazen: he's got a knack for sticking his foot in his mouth, actually...
      • unorganized, chaotic, eccentric: he may have a shred of ADD somewhere in there
      • rambunctious, irrepressible, loud: a challenge to handle as well as keep up with. he's a little too much.

gif

though usually deemed gentle and docile in nature, there is an alternative side to the element of air --
      an aggressive and powerful side that seems to go nearly unnoticed when wind is regarded. flowers and breezes
      represent it fine, but there is chaos and destruction to pair with it. tempest seems (and strives) to represent
      this other, more mysterious aspect.
ADULT / CANCER SUN / CAPRICORN ASC / VIRGO MOON / BI / AuDHD
witch, worldbuilder, artist. plushie && sticker collector. full-time dog groomer.
always listening to music. absolute nerd about dogs, cats, and dc comics.
chronically starting projects and never finishing them!! no time for anything but BG3
wanna trade?witch's cragkibbies archivepinterestdeviantartspotify

DRIBBITS | Image Image
leopia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skritnaja » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 am

Congratulations Rukipk. on your new Lampyrie!:>

I couldn't pick a form as I loved all of the forms and thought you all did such a great job with them, so I decided to use Random.org and let randomness decide this time around.
Here's the screenshot of the result from the List Randomizer. I added you all in a list in the order you posted and then the site randomized my list and I picked whoever got 1st on the list:>
Sorry to everyone else, you'll have to try on another Lampyrie, but thank you all so much for applying <3<3 It makes me happy to see so many wanting it^^

Edit: Updated the image with the gender chosen and removed the adopt me sign:>
Skritnaja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leopia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Congratulations, Rukpik~! c:
ADULT / CANCER SUN / CAPRICORN ASC / VIRGO MOON / BI / AuDHD
witch, worldbuilder, artist. plushie && sticker collector. full-time dog groomer.
always listening to music. absolute nerd about dogs, cats, and dc comics.
chronically starting projects and never finishing them!! no time for anything but BG3
wanna trade?witch's cragkibbies archivepinterestdeviantartspotify

DRIBBITS | Image Image
leopia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me