Time spent 4 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Jean.

Pseudodragon #56 - [Winner]

Postby Sora Kurai » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Origins
    Thousands of years ago, alongside the legendary Amazon river was a tribe of people known for revering animals as deities, as well as being the first civilization to create their own species. Scientists have been unearthing evidence of their spiritual activity for years now, searching for evidence of this creature, however just last month they have come across ground-breaking evidence. Paintings of mysterious creatures, adorned with feathery crests and spitting fire from their mouth were found engraved inside the walls of a newly-discovered shrine. In the center of the shrine lay a vase adorned with the same feathers depicted in the engravings. Inside the vase lay a mysterious fossil, perfectly in-tact and seemingly immune to nature's forces. Stunned by the miraculous find, the fossil was given to a renowned anthropologist, who was dumbfounded as to what it could be. The fossil, despite the obvious age of the shrine, seemed to be very new - as if it was only fossilized a decade ago rather than thousands of years.

A team of archaeologists were sent off in search of this creature, despite their doubts that it even existed anymore. After months of tireless searching, they came across a lucky find - a trail of strange, clawed tracks leading up alongside the Amazon. The team followed the trail, and it lead up to a small den. An aura of warmth seeped out of its entrance, and after a few moments, a small creature lifted its head out, blinking curiously at its pursuers. The team was astonished to see that the creature looked very similar to that of the shrine's mysterious engravings.

The lizard-like creature was taken back to the lab, where it was confirmed to be the same creature as the fossil. Soon after, other teams began to find that within the Amazon was an entire population of these creatures, living off the land for countless years. Scientists decided to name them 'Pseudodragons' for their depictions in the shrine's engravings represented a dragon spitting fire at its prey. Years passed, and many of the Pseudodragons were taken in by humans to keep as pets. Today, this tradition continues and Pseudodragons remain a very popular household pet for their ability to hunt down mice and other pests.

My first adopt as a full artist. This girl's gold spots are incredibly reflective and are only present on her left side

Here's very simple form, just tell me her name, 3-7 personality traits and her favourite song
(or theme song if you'd rather)

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Personality traits:
Song:

No extras, but prettying up your form is ok

Ends: January 7th

Won by Tori!:)
Last edited by Sora Kurai on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
((an image will

go here, once

I get around

to drawing it))

art trades -> too busy
commissions -> too busy
requests -> not right now

hi, I'm Sora Kurai, but feel free to call me Kurai.
I used to go by Glacier-Lily

My online hours are mostly between 8am and 11 pm PST, and I try to be prompt with replies, but sometimes I get sidetracked or cannot come up with a response at that moment.
---
I'm a bit anti-social, so please excuse me for awkward posts, late ones, or simply a lack of.
I don't like people. Really. At all. Ever.
I try my best to be polite, but well, I tend to be blunt and kinda rude.
I apologize if I offend anyone.

((signature is still a wip))
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #56 - [OPEN]

Postby Mrs. Winchester » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Username: Ashvino
Name: Flame
Personality traits: she is fierce and sneaky, she loves a good adventure and tricks, her personality and booming and expressive. She isn't afraid to hide her opinion, and when she enters a room she lights it up
Song: Timber , by Pitbull and Kesha
Image To Love Is To ProtectImage
Mrs. Winchester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Volinolona » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Username: Volinolona
Name: Ember
Personality traits: Ember is usually quite calm, but when someone irritates her enough, her temper flares and she may be tempted to bite. She's a very sweet little creature when in the calm state, loving to just lay and cuddle or go exploring. When no one's looking, her sneaky side is revealed. Don't leave the fridge unlocked if she is left unattended in a house, for this sneaky, curious little critter will make sure to get into it. She loves experimenting, especially with food and colors. If any art supplies such as paint or clay are left in the open, there is no doubt the artistic abilities of this little creature will leave the area a mess.
Song: Let It Burn by RED seems fitting. A calm song of flame for a calm creature who resembles smoke and embers.
Volinolona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby featherbutt.cas » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 am

Dropping out, sorry
Last edited by featherbutt.cas on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
featherbutt.cas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polariie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:17 am

~ Username ~

I am .Polaris ^^

~ Name ~

I would name this lovely girl Vertigo

~ Gender ~

Female

~ Personality traits ~

Adventurous

Vertigo is adventurous, she is always exploring and discovering something new, which can span from trying new foods, traveling, reading amazing books or going on hikes.

Mysterious

She in herself is an enigma. She is elusive and and sneaky, and you can never really tell what she is thinking. She never speaks unless it is needed.

Brilliant

She is incredibly intelligent and can almost always find a way to outsmart her foes. She can quickly solve puzzles or problems.

Reserved

She is reserved, and keeps to herself. It can be very hard for someone to get her to open up, but if you are loyal to her you she will probably come to trust you. Even though she is adventurous in nature she finds it hard to communicate to other people, leading to much frustration in both parties.

~Song~

I see Fire by Ed Sheeran
Last edited by polariie on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
polariie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Username: Morning Dew!
          Name: Keren ("ray of light")
          Personality traits: Emotionless, Reserved, Alert, Dignified, Unforgiving, Intelligent, and Individualistic.
          Song: Pompeii by Bastille
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Torquoise. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 pm

dropping out, sorry </3
Last edited by Torquoise. on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torquoise.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nevermore Raven » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Username: Nevie
Name:
Personality traits:
Song:One Republic - Counting Stars

Sorry Dropping out D:
Last edited by Nevermore Raven on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nevermore Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hemalily » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Image Image

Username: